ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Woke Illustrated Swimsuit Issue

That's ok, I was born and raised in a heavily Christian Methodist family, so I'm actually pretty well-versed in theological discussion--I just prefer to trolI consider myself heavily agnostic right now--I have seen through the lies of the Jedi (yes, I know I'm on the wrong end of that quote). I just hate when people pick and choose which parts of the bible should be taken literally and which are deserving of practical application and examination. Same with the Constitution.

Do you believe that “trans-women” are women?

The irony of someone saying this is that they are continually advancing their own ideas and talking about how important they are, while telling anybody who disagrees with them that they shouldn’t care and should just shut up... unless they agree, or course. This SI thing is a good example- far from just being an acknowledgement that some men believe they’re women, they’re endorsing the idea that men who believe they’re women are women and ought to be in an issue or a magazine that’s about men ogling women in swimsuits. There’s no imperative to include every person who believes they’re a woman in the SI swimsuit edition.

And then there’s the fact that laws are being made that make it illegal to do anything but affirm transgenderism, but hey, just shut up and take it.
Yes, I do. Good for her for having the courage to stand up for who she is and for SI having the courage to feature her in their magazine.

Yes, I do. Good for her for having the courage to stand up for who she is and for SI having the courage to feature her in their magazine.
LULZ. What exactly is courageous about it lol? It’s not like he/she isn’t getting paid to be in the magazine. This isn’t some war veteran with their legs blown off, posing for a magazine. That would be actual courage.

LULZ. What exactly is courageous about it lol? It’s not like he/she isn’t getting paid to be in the magazine. This isn’t some war veteran with their legs blown off, posing for a magazine. That would be actual courage.
You also know that these views have all the cultural power, so there won’t be any blowback from people they think matter.

Reactions: MaxCalifornia
By definition, courage is: "the ability to do something that frightens one". So I would say that it's pretty courageous for SI to step out of the norm to do this. It's also pretty courageous for her to step into the spotlight and invite the vitriol in this thread, a microcosm of the conservative world. So strictly speaking, dude you quoted isn't wrong.

Ultimately, it comes down to one's own perception and acceptance of a transgender individual.

PojiG6.gif

Still laughing @ this.

By definition, courage is: "the ability to do something that frightens one". So I would say that it's pretty courageous for SI to step out of the norm to do this. It's also pretty courageous for her to step into the spotlight and invite the vitriol in this thread, a microcosm of the conservative world. So strictly speaking, dude you quoted isn't wrong.

Ultimately, it comes down to one's own perception and acceptance of a transgender individual.
You think SI was afraid to do this? Afraid from whom?

Last edited:
You think SI was afraid to do thus? Afraid from whom?
I mean just look at the microcosm of the reaction on this board. I venture to guess that a lot of conservatives like SI, so they absolutely risk alienating a lot of their economic base with this move.

On the other hand, I'm not naive enough to say that this wasn't a bit of a ploy to sell more mags. Who actually buys those these days?

Last edited:
Reactions: scullman
if you have a penis, you are a man

if you have a vagina, you are woman

my 3 year old gets this but somehow liberals don’t. Seems pretty damn simple.

Sorry but there are babies born with ambiguous genitalia

It is not always as simple as you think

It is also possible for a baby to have a vagina and male chromosomes. It is called testicular feminization.

That's ok, I was born and raised in a heavily Christian Methodist family, so I'm actually pretty well-versed in theological discussion--I just prefer to trolI consider myself heavily agnostic right now--I have seen through the lies of the Jedi (yes, I know I'm on the wrong end of that quote). I just hate when people pick and choose which parts of the bible should be taken literally and which are deserving of practical application and examination. Same with the Constitution.

Believe the Bible tells us to not judge others.

Since the birth of Christ the Bible is about forgiveness.

• Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19
  • Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27
  • When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20
  • Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT
Yep let's take that old book literally with no room for thought or interpretation.
Unless you're an orthodox Jew, you do understand that Jesus came to Earth, lived a perfect life, and died so that all of those Old Testament rules no longer apply, right?

It's like you're quoting a computer science text book from the 70's, and because computers no longer require punch cards, you think that text book was wrong when it was written. Updates occur dude, read the New Testament.

Transgender people exist. I personally think it's an expression of a combination of mental illness, childhood trauma, and/or an unhealthy parenting/household situation, but just because I think that doesn't mean they don't exist and don't deserve to be treated like every other human being on the planet. It's their expression of how they feel and they should have the right to do that just like the rest of us do. Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean we get to just erase its existence.

If you don't like that SI put a transgender woman in its swimsuit magazine, then don't buy the magazine. Or buy the magazine and cut out the pages with her on it. It's your property to do whatever the hell you want to with it. I personally wouldn't be able to tell that "she" used to be a "he" if nobody had said anything. But I also don't have any interest in buying swimsuit/underwear model magazines so I guess it's a non-issue for me.
Well see, that's where I have a problem. Whatever someone chooses to do in the privacy of their own home is none of my business. I don't care what they do, I don't want to know what they do, I want them to enjoy their privacy just like I enjoy mine.

However, that's not what they want. They want to be able to go into public and do things that they should not be allowed to do, like use the women's restroom. If you have a penis, you cannot go into the women's restroom, period. I would even imagine that 99% of the trans women would be embarrassed if someone saw their dick while in a public restroom, but those aren't the ones I'm worried about. I'm worried about that 1% who would take advantage of the laws that have been forced on the rest of us to go into the women's restroom and do all sorts of sick things. It sucks, but it's true, and few bad apples spoil things for everyone.

And that works with guns as well. 99% of the gun owners in America will never even think about committing a crime with their gun. But because of the 1%, the left has a hissy fit and wants to take everyone's guns.

All I want from the left is some consistency, stop with the hypocrisy and be rational. Emotions rarely lead to well made decisions.

Wow I just had to stop reading this thread because it was tiring watching so many insecure men project their confusion and hatred on others. Way to go TI. Keep the bigotry train rolling.

snowflake pubs crying about a magazine no one reads anymore

i'm shocked

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT