ADVERTISEMENT

Sound of Freedom

PCHOI

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Anyone seen this movie yet? It's gotten great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, Google, and IMDB.

Pretty cool that a movie studio known for Christian values (Angel Studios) can go up against some of Hollywood's biggest studios with a different business model - through crowd funding and by sending some rather different Hollywood messages than we're used to (sex, drugs, parties, violence).

Have not seen it (yet). Curious to get people's thoughts

Just watched the trailer, looks amazing. Jim Caviezel spoke at our church shortly after Passion of the Christ. Amazing stuff and I had the pleasure of meeting him as my neighbor was a pastor at the church and was responsible for transporting him around.

The story of how he fell into that role and all the things around it, the filming of it, etc, is truly amazing. You can find the story online but hearing him tell it will give you goose bumps

I’ve seen it. You should see it. You won’t be the same after you see it.

yeah I have heard Christine Cain speak on human sex trafficking many times and it is insane. She has the A21 campaign and I am a huge supporter of it as is my church.

She uses former special forces, retired military, etc to do rescues. Some of the stories she tells is absolutely insane. Really really eye opening especially being the dad of a girl

I'm surprised it has such a high critic score on Rotten Tomatoes. Usually anything that is even remotely associated with Christianity is skewered by critics on that platform. They will also alter ratings by deleting negative reviews they don't like, or disabling audience reviews altogether. The audience score usually tells the tale for these types of films.

Not only do I encourage you all to watch the movie which is excellent, but I also encourage you to go to amazon prime and watch the documentary produced by Tim Ballard called, It's Happening Right Here! It costs $4.99. Unlike the movie, this shows how sexual predators use social media and online videos to lure children. According to the documentary, this is happening in every community. The trailer for The Sound of Freedom is below. Everyone should see it!

Sound of Freedom Official Trailer (3 minutes, 44 seconds) angel.com/freedom

Anyone seen this movie yet? It's gotten great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, Google, and IMDB.

Pretty cool that a movie studio known for Christian values (Angel Studios) can go up against some of Hollywood's biggest studios with a different business model - through crowd funding and by sending some rather different Hollywood messages than we're used to (sex, drugs, parties, violence).

Have not seen it (yet). Curious to get people's thoughts
We are going tomorrow. Every Christian should support all of Angel Studios movies.

thanks for sharing...I have said so many times, media and others want to push so many agendas but the largest organized crime right here in the US and around the world is sex trafficking. And they just allow the predators to walk across our border and enter our country daily. Way worse than the gun issue and even the drugs issue in this country and that's a fact

I am so happy it is starting to be brought to the forefront because it is WAY past time to do so. This is a major major issue.

I’ll support this movie independently of any affiliation. It doesn’t need it. Right is right, wrong is wrong regardless of the purveyors.

I hope every Christian is willing to take down every Harvey Weinstein as they would every religious leader(s) who does the same thing.

It’s not a Christian issue. It’s a human issue.

Some of the usual suspects are already trying to smear the movie…CNN, The Rolling Stone, WaPo etc have all tried to dismiss it as some crazy QAnon conspiracy theory…Hollywood didn’t want it released at all…
They all have one thing in common & we all know what it is…
Are you paying attention yet???

Some of the usual suspects are already trying to smear the movie…CNN, The Rolling Stone, WaPo etc have all tried to dismiss it as some crazy QAnon conspiracy theory…Hollywood didn’t want it released at all…
They all have one thing in common & we all know what it is…
Are you paying attention yet???

QA’non conspiracy theory?? Man… I hate the media we have today. The movie is simply about child sex trafficking, which is wrong.

Fck CNN, Rolling Stones, etc

I’ll support this movie independently of any affiliation. It doesn’t need it. Right is right, wrong is wrong regardless of the purveyors.

I hope every Christian is willing to take down every Harvey Weinstein as they would every religious leader(s) who does the same thing.

It’s not a Christian issue. It’s a human issue.
Find one Christian, or any true believer in an Abrahamic religion for that matter, that isn’t willing to take down a religious “leader” that abuses kids. You can’t

I think Christians at large, specifically Catholics, have been too eager in the past to sweep child abuse under the rug to save face. Those days I believe are gone, thank god

Find one Christian, or any true believer in an Abrahamic religion for that matter, that isn’t willing to take down a religious “leader” that abuses kids. You can’t

I think Christians at large, specifically Catholics, have been too eager in the past to sweep child abuse under the rug to save face. Those days I believe are gone, thank god
The Catholics are an easy target and rightfully so but the Southern Baptists, Mormons, Methodists have had their issues. The Southern Baptist have huge numbers.

I wish these very important issues like HUMAN trafficking aren’t tied to a religious matter as it is a HUMAN matter.

(It’s like I told a good friend of mine who is passionate about vaccine skepticism. I told him to stop talking about vaccines as no one will take his commentary seriously, much like RFK Jr. Talk about the Scientific Method for all scientific validation and discovery if you want someone to take you seriously. Vaccines have failed to optimize the standard process of which we build assurance on the use of a drug, a medical procedure, a vaccine, whatever. )

Human trafficking affects everyone. I hope it reflects as such.

Reactions: elluber
The Catholics are an easy target and rightfully so but the Southern Baptists, Mormons, Methodists have had their issues. The Southern Baptist have huge numbers.

I wish these very important issues like HUMAN trafficking aren’t tied to a religious matter as it is a HUMAN matter.

(It’s like I told a good friend of mine who is passionate about vaccine skepticism. I told him to stop talking about vaccines as no one will take his commentary seriously, much like RFK Jr. Talk about the Scientific Method for all scientific validation and discovery if you want someone to take you seriously. Vaccines have failed to optimize the standard process of which we build assurance on the use of a drug, a medical procedure, a vaccine, whatever. )

Human trafficking affects everyone. I hope it reflects as such.
I get it, but I think you’re trying to avoid the unavoidable

All religious people need to come together to condemn this garbage, but so does the LGBTQ crowd. It may happen, but are you going to bet money on it? I’m not

Not sure how the scientific method applies here

I get it, but I think you’re trying to avoid the unavoidable

All religious people need to come together to condemn this garbage, but so does the LGBTQ crowd. It may happen, but are you going to bet money on it? I’m not

Not sure how the scientific method applies here
I’m saying:
Christian marketed supported human trafficking = vaccine hysteria
Message tends to get lost except for those tied to the devout Christian cause.

Independent marketed human trafficking = scientific method
Higher rate of success across that most people would be willing to listen.

I’m saying:
Christian marketed supported human trafficking = vaccine hysteria
Message tends to get lost except for those tied to the devout Christian cause.

Independent marketed human trafficking = scientific method
Higher rate of success across that most people would be willing to listen.
How much independent marketed human trafficking content is out there?

Last edited:
Just watched the trailer, looks amazing. Jim Caviezel spoke at our church shortly after Passion of the Christ. Amazing stuff and I had the pleasure of meeting him as my neighbor was a pastor at the church and was responsible for transporting him around.

The story of how he fell into that role and all the things around it, the filming of it, etc, is truly amazing. You can find the story online but hearing him tell it will give you goose bumps
It is remarkable

Not only do I encourage you all to watch the movie which is excellent, but I also encourage you to go to amazon prime and watch the documentary produced by Tim Ballard called, It's Happening Right Here! It costs $4.99. Unlike the movie, this shows how sexual predators use social media and online videos to lure children. According to the documentary, this is happening in every community. The trailer for The Sound of Freedom is below. Everyone should see it!

Sound of Freedom Official Trailer (3 minutes, 44 seconds) angel.com/freedom
I would add to that “Operation Toussaint” on Amazon Prime. Tells the story of the operation that inspired Ballard to start his organization to help law enforcement worldwide learn how to catch these predators.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT