ADVERTISEMENT

That Hale scumbag at it again

DabosDynasty

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2019
Always taking the side against Clemson. Believing FSU which has no credibility lmao.

Another GOTCHA moment for Hale on Dabo!! I can’t believe how some of you continue to defend this POS. @Larry_Williams

Reactions: acmnni1
No. Journalists do not care if they’re accurate in their reporting, so long as they get enough retweets
I think this is the big issue. If their "articles" or opinions don't meet the editorial boards journalistic standards to print, they just tweet it to get their opinion/article in the open anyway.

You wonder if some journalist have any integrity. Swinney was saying that BC and ND had no problem playing despite the fact that Lawrence practiced with the team before testing positve. FSU refused to play despite the player testing negative three times during gameweek and showing no symptoms Wed-Saturday.

Who has been more transparent on COVID than Swinney. Releases data every week to the press/public, while FSU has refused to do so. Told everyone a week before the ND game that Lawrence was out even though he could have cut corners on the 10 day protocol. Why doesn't he ask Norvel how FSU could play the week he tested postive? Seems impossible that based on contact tracing alone, half of the team and all of the coaches should have been rules out.

Last edited:
Larry will disagree but the reality is that a vast majority of these journalists took the position of "no sports, too dangerous". Even though the facts now speak against this, they pull up any morsel that fits that argument and put it forward. Confirmation bias is running rampant in sports journalism.

Larry will disagree but the reality is that a vast majority of these journalists took the position of "no sports, too dangerous". Even though the facts now speak against this, they pull up any morsel that fits that argument and put it forward. Confirmation bias is running rampant in sports journalism.
Sports journalism is too specific.

Reactions: PalmettoTiger90
Did Lawrence "practice with symptoms" (i.e. notify staff of said symptoms and was allowed to practice) or did Lawrence blow his nose, put his helmet on, and play football until he thought there might be something to worry about?

Sounds exactly like how most of us are having to deal with this virus.

...My coworkers give me a lot of flack about wearing the helmet, btw.

Always taking the side against Clemson. Believing FSU which has no credibility lmao.

Another GOTCHA moment for Hale on Dabo!! I can’t believe how some of you continue to defend this POS. @Larry_Williams

I wish @Larry_Williams would dish out his Twitter beatdowns with an equal opportunity mindset. I know he and Hale are buddies, but Hale has often posted BS when it comes to Clemson, and he doesn't get the fire from Larry. But- Larry is the best in the business, and I assume he doesn't want to get into a Twitter pissing match because he has more important stuff going on.

Reactions: txtiger89

I'm not sure what the issue here.....he's just reporting what a source at FSU stated. At least he's reaching out to sources....

Hale is just passing along FSU side and then saying who really knows since the accounts contradict one another.

he is doing a bit more than that. He is assuming that Dabo's correlation to Trevor was about Trevor practicing with symptoms. That is not what Dabo said or meant, Hale knows that. He just chooses to stoke the flames by skewing the truth.

it is becoming harder to differentiate between fake news and just plain old lazy journalism.
Seems like now a days you have one journalist report something and instead of others verifying or doing their own journalism they just repost what the first journalist reported as it was a fact and then becomes in a lot of cases fake news

Wonder if David Hale or anyone else giving FSU the benfit of the doubt actually believes this nonsense happens if the status of the two teams were reversed? In otherwords, say FSU is ranked 4th, in the hunt for CFP bid and looking foward to a 50 point blowout of Clemson on national TV that they would have have cancelled over one positive test. PLeeeeeese

Per a source? What source? Shit that could be anyone. Journalism has turned into retweeting internet debris filled with conjecture. For the record, this isn’t necessarily derogatory towards Clemson it just creates the never ending cycle of speculation.

Every team in every game this year has had to make a decision whether to play that week’s game, or not, knowing there was at least one positive COVID test for a player or coach on the other side. Every one. Doesn’t matter if the player was symptomatic, not symptomatic, practiced symptomatic, practiced not symptomatic, or whatever, and doesn’t matter if he tested early in the week or late. Every team has ‘em, and every week. FSU has had this with their own team all year, and so have their opponents. Wasn’t a problem for them until last Friday night/Saturday morning, hours before kickoff for a game in which they were 5 TD dogs. Gee, I wonder why the COVID concerns became problematic only then.

Not every media member is going to be drinking orange kool-aid non-stop. It's going to be OK. Life goes on.

Not every media member is going to be drinking orange kool-aid non-stop. It's going to be OK. Life goes on.
Is it drinking orange koolaid to ask that someone with a journalistic platform find out and provide the full story?

Look if Dabo and Clemson were in the wrong, we should all know and want Dabo to get it fixed. But I am sure David Hale, or Wolken, or ESPN whoever can find a Clemson source to provide the actual timeline we have all read already on here but appears to be conveniently left out of many tweets, posts, editorials, podcasts, ESPN programming, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT