ADVERTISEMENT

That Hale scumbag at it again

Lots of false negatives. Symptoms much more reliable indicator. Of course, lots of folks have allergies now.

SOME Symptoms are more reliable indicators. Lost of taste/smell is the main one that I would take over a negative test result. Tests once symptoms have occurred are usually pretty accurate.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
Not every media member is going to be drinking orange kool-aid non-stop. It's going to be OK. Life goes on.

I don't see this as an "orange kool-aid" issue. The facts, as they have been presented don't show Clemson did anything wrong. A good journalist shouldn't report on anything but facts they either know for sure, or facts which come from a source they trust enough to put their credibility on the line for. In this case, Hale has reported what he was told by Dabo (player did not practice or travel with symptoms), then has reported a "source" at FSU who states that they were told a player practiced all week with symptoms. As a journalist, shouldn't Hale be satisfied with the facts as they were presented by Dabo, instead of something he was told by a "source" at FSU?

I don't see this as an "orange kool-aid" issue. The facts, as they have been presented don't show Clemson did anything wrong. A good journalist shouldn't report on anything but facts they either know for sure, or facts which come from a source they trust enough to put their credibility on the line for. In this case, Hale has reported what he was told by Dabo (player did not practice or travel with symptoms), then has reported a "source" at FSU who states that they were told a player practiced all week with symptoms. As a journalist, shouldn't Hale be satisfied with the facts as they were presented by Dabo, instead of something he was told by a "source" at FSU?

I think as a journalist you continue asking questions, which seems to be what Hale was doing.

Exactly my point to begin with.

When you say something that's not true I'm going to point it out.
I disagree. I had originally had a stronger word in there but changed to usually (which I’m saying is about 60-65% of the time). That’s times that I see and remember. Ever since we got good, I read the board less and less. So it’s possible I just missed most of the times you didn’t back them up.

Every football player that practices hard has symptoms because fatigue is one. So the whole team exhibited symptoms that display in Coronavirus. That's why you test!

I disagree. I had originally had a stronger word in there but changed to usually (which I’m saying is about 60-65% of the time). That’s times that I see and remember. Ever since we got good, I read the board less and less. So it’s possible I just missed most of the times you didn’t back them up.
On a diff note, I have enjoyed seeing your wife cut @OldMTPTiger ‘s ass on Facebook a few times.

The fact that I don't think David Hale is a punk, and am not outraged at the above Tweet, does not mean I'm "backing the media." It just means that ... I don't think he's a punk and I'm not outraged at the above Tweet.

To me (NOT a journalist), it seems like you have to take the comments made by Dabo as truth when it comes to whether a player participated in a practice that was run by Dabo. Even if your "fsu source" states otherwise. Again, I trust your judgment when it comes to whether a reporter is out of line as you're the best in the business, in my opinion...

Reactions: C-TeamHOF
To me (NOT a journalist), it seems like you have to take the comments made by Dabo as truth when it comes to whether a player participated in a practice that was run by Dabo. Even if your "fsu source" states otherwise. Again, I trust your judgment when it comes to whether a reporter is out of line as you're the best in the business, in my opinion...

Appreciate the kind words!

Reactions: FarmingTiger81
Not every media member is going to be drinking orange kool-aid non-stop. It's going to be OK. Life goes on.

@Larry_Williams, there is a difference between drinking orange kool-aid and being factual. Dabo didn't elude to the same circumstances with Trevor as a player being symptomatic and practicing, he was alluding to a player who practiced during the week and ended up positive. Everyone (other than Hale) knew that.

Reactions: DabosDynasty
@Larry_Williams you do a great job. Best in the business and I consider myself a good judge of journalism. This is why I simply CAN NOT believe you continue to provide cover for this scumbag as opposed to calling him out like you normally would.

This is not an isolated event. This is a pattern of behavior over many years:

- bringing up Clemsoning in a press conference in the midst of a great season. The angriest I have ever seen Dabo (see below).

- over-the-top criticisms of Dabo and his treatment of black athletes on the team. The most disgusting criticisms of all.

- criticisms of Dabo saying that the season should begin this year.

- And now this. Citing an unknown source from FSU which is an outright lie which alleges that Dabo knowingly plays symptomatic players that do not have negative tests.

Dabo is a great judge of character. He called Hale a lazy journalist 5 years ago in the link below and nothing has changed. If something walks and quacks like a duck, it’s usually a duck. If I saw Hale on Clemson’s campus, I would calmly introduce myself and punch his fat, smug face.

@Larry_Williams you do a great job. Best in the business and I consider myself a good judge of journalism. This is why I simply CAN NOT believe you continue to provide cover for this scumbag as opposed to calling him out like you normally would.

- bringing up Clemsoning in a press conference in the midst of a great season. The angriest I have ever seen Dabo (see below).

- over-the-top criticisms of Dabo and his treatment of black athletes on the team. The most disgusting criticisms of all.

- And now this. Citing an unknown source from FSU which is an outright lie which alleges that Dabo knowingly plays symptomatic players that do not have negative tests.

Dabo is a great judge of character. He called Hale a lazy journalist 5 years ago in the link below and nothing has changed. If something walks and quacks like a duck, it’s usually a duck. If I saw Hale on Clemson’s campus, I would calmly introduce myself and punch his fat, smug face.

yikes. you are going to punch him in the face for 4 tweets? yikes.

Please stop posing as a Clemson fan. You are only a sad troll. Move along.

You all are ridiculous. He is just posting the info he discovers. Just because it is not 100% towards Clemson, you jump on him. Wake up man and take the orange glasses off. Hale is NOTHING like Wolken and all the others. Just calling a spade a spade.

And BTW, screw FSU!

The victim mentality strikes again

It is entirely possible that both things can be true: what Dabo said and what FSU said they were told

It is possible that someone from Clemson (maybe medical staff) conveyed to FSU during several conversations on Friday and Saturday that the kid had symptoms during the week.

Also sounds like we did everything by the book in terms of protocols.

(Still believe Noles were looking for an excuse)

But it is possible both things are true. Seems to me that is what Hale is shrugging shoulders about.

I wouldn't waste your breathe. This is the same poster that posted a thread reminding everyone that he was the first person to claim Muschamp was gonna be fired last week.

giphy.gif

I think every Clemson fan should personally thank David Hale for asking Dabo the question about "Clemsoning."

We got a great sound bite from it and I'm positive it further stoked the fire under Dabo's ass.

You would physically assault him? What grade are you in?

You think Dabo would like that?

Great post

Larry will disagree but the reality is that a vast majority of these journalists took the position of "no sports, too dangerous". Even though the facts now speak against this, they pull up any morsel that fits that argument and put it forward. Confirmation bias is running rampant in sports journalism.
I could not agree more with this!! Spot on!!

The amount of national journalist tweeting about a local call in show is insane. There are still some good ones out there but the invention of Twitter slaughtered journalism.

Reactions: Connecticut Tiger
He's not a Clemson fan.
Thank you. He’s Definitely not a “fan”. Which is fine. He’s a prototypical ESPN “reporter”. They all tow the company line. Click bait, stir controversy, omit facts, report their truth, create false narratives, no context quotes on Twitter, always take some politically correct moral authority high road. Dabo unfortunately has become a target to these people. He’s a target because of his success and the ridiculous climate we live in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT