ADVERTISEMENT

The spike over the last two days doesn't look too good...

Tiger1425

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
West Columbia, SC
per-day-chart-deaths.png

Damn, hospitals are getting over ran now?...

The WHO has said people need to follow Sweden’s mode.... meaning you can’t stop the spread so more people have to get sick.

Based on NYC’s data the shelter in place people are the most at risk now. It’s even funnier the bottom says stay at home, stop the spread when their own data contradicts that.

106523414-1588781378539image.jpg

When social distancing restrictions are lifted, NO MATTER WHEN, we will see spikes in cases.......until we have a vaccine or reach herd immunity

Might as well go as fast as possible to get it over with.

Country will see a spike in cases now, or in 3 months, or in 6 months, etc etc

Anyone thinking this wasn't going to happen has been misinformed.

The shutdown was never going to change the number of people getting infected that’s a number that’s going to be what it’s going to be.

I believe it was simply to help the hospitals while we get an idea of what we are dealing with.

The shutdown was never going to change the number of people getting infected that’s a number that’s going to be what it’s going to be.

I believe it was simply to help the hospitals while we get an idea of what we are dealing with.

All of this x1000.

Lol at all the OMG LOOK AT THE SPIKE PEOPLE. As long as the spike stays below the hospital capacity, then we're fine.

We can't stop everyone from getting sick. Protect the old and most vulnerable. Let the rest of us get back to rebuilding the shattered economy.

Yep.

Reactions: CagedTiger43
I wonder how the U.S. with 4% of the world's population has 33% of the world's cases and 25% of the world's deaths. It's not testing because on a per capita basis we lag many countries. It couldn't be a lack of competent leadership could it?

Reactions: 1Clemson
It couldn't be a lack of competent leadership could it?

This virus acts the same in both red and blue areas.

without a vaccine there is really nothing any leaders can do. It is going to spread slow or fast. Same number of people are going to get infected- now or later.

we are going to have MANY more deaths, MANY more infected. People need to accept it

/thread

The only question is just how bad it actually gets. No one truly knows that number.

Where is this location?

Johns hopkins, which has been the most reliable so far is not showing that for the USA. Select USA on the left. Change the graph at the bottom right to "daily cases".
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

SC DHEC is also not showing a spike. It shows a flat or slightly declining in # of new cases.
https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-d...covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

Spikes here and there have occurred throughout this entire thing as new testing becomes available. For example, in SC, as of this week free testing became available for all citizens no matter if they were showing symptoms or not.

I wonder how the U.S. with 4% of the world's population has 33% of the world's cases and 25% of the world's deaths. It's not testing because on a per capita basis we lag many countries. It couldn't be a lack of competent leadership could it?
The most advanced country in the world botched this thing up big time. There is no excuse for this fiasco.

Where is this location?

Johns hopkins, which has been the most reliable so far is not showing that for the USA. Select USA on the left. Change the graph at the bottom right to "daily cases".
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

SC DHEC is also not showing a spike. It shows a flat or slightly declining in # of new cases.
https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-d...covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

Spikes here and there have occurred throughout this entire thing as new testing becomes available. For example, in SC, as of this week free testing became available for all citizens no matter if they were showing symptoms or not.
Free tests are worthless if you don't have the tests. I had a physical this week. I asked for the test. Ain't got it. Don't know when they'll get it. When they get it it will probably only be available for suspected victems.

The most advanced country in the world botched this thing up big time. There is no excuse for this fiasco.

without benefit of hindsight, but with information the Country had at those specific points in time - I am curious as to what actions you think any Federal, State, or local governments could have taken that would make us better at this point in time?

The goals were to flatten the curve. It worked. The goal was to allow our health system to be better prepared. It worked

I hope you are referring to the fiasco that is closing down the entire Country for something that affects 1% of the population.

20 million jobs lost in month of April. LOST
I am referring to the entire fiasco...from beginning to where ever the hell we are now. There is little doubt that the U.S. has mishandled the response to this virus in every way possible.

Free tests are worthless if you don't have the tests. I had a physical this week. I asked for the test. Ain't got it. Don't know when they'll get it. When they get it it will probably only be available for suspected victems.

Wow that's crazy. I live in Gwinnett county and there have been two free testing locations for the general public on different days in the past week within 15 minutes of my house. I'm sure there have been more elsewhere in the county. Just show up and get tested if you want, whether your have symptoms or not.

without benefit of hindsight, but with information the Country had at those specific points in time - I am curious as to what actions you think any Federal, State, or local governments could have taken that would make us better at this point in time?

The goals were to flatten the curve. It worked. The goal was to allow our health system to be better prepared. It worked
That's easy. When Azar called our president on January 3rd to inform him about the seriousness of the virus, Trump was playing golf and obsessed with making a list of people to get even with after his impeachment. He told people at that time that Azar was an "alarmist." Trump did nothing. And he did nothing for TEN MONTHS. Those ten months cost us big time. And that is fact. Not fiction.

I am referring to the entire fiasco...from beginning to where ever the hell we are now. There is little doubt that the U.S. has mishandled the response to this virus in every way possible.

we will just disagree. I think we were unprepared for a pandemic of this magnitude. By unprepared I mean governments, health care systems etc

But I believe Federal and State and local governments did about as good as they could, with the information they had at the time and with the options they had available.

Damn, hospitals are getting over ran now?...

The WHO has said people need to follow Sweden’s mode.... meaning you can’t stop the spread so more people have to get sick.

Based on NYC’s data the shelter in place people are the most at risk now. It’s even funnier the bottom says stay at home, stop the spread when their own data contradicts that.

106523414-1588781378539image.jpg

You do realize that a bar chart like this is meaningless unless you have the nominal number of people in each of the categories! Obviously the raw number of people in the shelter at home category is several log units higher than the raw number of people that are homeless or in nursing homes or prisons! GO TIGERS!

That's easy. When Azar called our president on January 3rd to inform him about the seriousness of the virus, Trump was playing golf and obsessed with making a list of people to get even with after his impeachment. He told people at that time that Azar was an "alarmist." Trump did nothing. And he did nothing for TEN MONTHS. Those ten months cost us big time. And that is fact. Not fiction.
January 3rd and TEN MONTHS...shows you have NO CLUE what you’re talking about so I’ll go with fiction! Hate has definitely clouded your reasoning!!

10 months? This virus hasn't even been around that long. What the hell are you even talking about? January 3rd was literally just over 5 months ago.

You do realize that a bar chart like this is meaningless unless you have the nominal number of people in each of the categories! Obviously the raw number of people in the shelter at home category is several log units higher than the raw number of people that are homeless or in nursing homes or prisons! GO TIGERS!
Yes. It’s just funny they kept the statement at the bottom. Their idiot governor was screaming for 30k ventilators then didn’t need even half of that. Now he is giving presser saying he’s confused by the data coming out... the only known with this virus is that the #Cuomo4president was the dumbest thing ever.

Is that you Nancy?

Your response here tells me you aren’t willing or able to have a conversation on this.
Jan 3rd to now is not 10 months first of all.
Listen to me ——-there is NOTHING, not absolutely anything, any government can do to prevent this virus from spreading. It is going to run its course thru the population until there are no more hosts to attack. By herd immunity or vaccine.

The government goals were flatten the curve and protect health system......NOT prevent eventual spread. Until you realize that......well, no need to discuss

Yes, our democratic governors who lead the states with the highest deaths per capita should certainly be held accountable.

I find this hindsight judgement pretty ridiculous. I think it fair to question China as to why more information was not shared earlier. In January, February, and early March it was leaders of both parties as well as health officials who did not have grasp of the situation since so little was known about it. In late January it was not even clear from China if human to human transmission was possible.

If you want to say we did not have adequate PPE and testing capacity, that is a fair question that goes beyond current leadership. The only failure now will be not preparing for the next one. It's like 9/11, can you blame Clinton because he did not take Bin Laden when he had a chance in the late 90s? No, but the way the government has responded to prevent another attack on the US goes to show it can prepare after a tragic event.

It spikes because reporting on Sunday and Monday dip because many places don't work over the weekend and then they catch up on the backlogs from the weekend during the week especially on Tuesday and Wednesday.

This has been the case the entire time.

Reactions: tiger-chuck
Yeah, because the data we are getting out of China, Russia, the Middle East, and Africa is so accurate and their governments are known for always providing factual data.

Get real.

I meant ten weeks. Sorry. And if some of you are convinced Trump did a great job then so be it. 60% of Americans do not...including me. And we vote. And I will.

I dont think anyone is convinced he “did a great job”. But he didn’t create a “fiasco” either.

Entire country was not prepared. The health system in particular was not prepared. But that is not his fault. That goes to the way health systems stock their supplies going back many years.

Ask you again- give me a specific example of what decisions he made or didn’t make that would put us in a better position than we are right now

You want to make it political. That is fine. But nothing any Democratic or Republican Gov has done has really shown a difference to the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT