ADVERTISEMENT

This country is really becoming weak

Dabofan

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2010
We need a leader that is strong, morally driven and can toughen up this country again while pulling it together in one direction for good. We are really a weak country right now in terms of moral, religion, military strength, family values, racial tension, social tension and to many other things to count. This next president is EXTREMELY important. They have to get our country pointed in the right direction again . I don't know who that candidate is, but it sure isn't Hilary. Ben Carson seems to be a morally strong candidate.

Our constitution is getting broken on a regular basis and our Supreme Court and President has really failed the American people in so many ways. We need someone who can rally this country and make it great again.

Reactions: Tygur and SWUtigers
Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, during the term of every President for the past 40 years. Yawn.
Much longer than that.. more like since the majority of people started living past 30 years old or when your old man didnt get eaten by a saber tooth tiger.

What about these other countries they must be really really weak.

2013-defense-budgets-top-20.jpg

PS how is our military weak? We pinpoint & blow people away like playing Nintendo 64 thousands of miles away while s in a air conditioned room. Hopefully we never go to war again but if we do it's not going to be storming the beach at Normandy we have moved warfare forward by light years.

Reactions: GaTiger04Ever
So what makes us a weak country again? Homo marriages? Legal weed? Last I checked we have the best army, the best navy, the best air force, the largest economy, we grow the most food, and our citizens carry guns. Come at us bro.

Reactions: iceheart08
We need a leader that is strong, morally driven and can toughen up this country again while pulling it together in one direction for good. We are really a weak country right now in terms of moral, religion, military strength, family values, racial tension, social tension and to many other things to count. This next president is EXTREMELY important. They have to get our country pointed in the right direction again . I don't know who that candidate is, but it sure isn't Hilary. Ben Carson seems to be a morally strong candidate.

Our constitution is getting broken on a regular basis and our Supreme Court and President has really failed the American people in so many ways. We need someone who can rally this country and make it great again.

Blah blah blah. This post is right up there with a "they took our jobs!" chain email. On the bright side, you can look forward to receiving likes from such prestigious TI politicos as Earle36 and FreeSC.

LOL at Ben Carson. Why is he morally strong? Because he is a starch creationist and 7th day adventist, adamantly believes homosexuality is a choice and wrong/leads to pedophilia, and he wants to institute a biblical tithe? Not to mention he doesn't believe in the ability for the US to commit a war crime.

He's an incredible neurosurgeon who openly rejects scientific evidence and bases all of his political opinions on religion. He would make an awful president, wreck foreign policy, and divide the nation.

You are fooling yourself if you think those stances will go anywhere in any presidential election.

Where is this coming from anyways? Because the confederate flag will be taken down? I suppose you believe it's a symbol of heritage. Let me guess. You believe the Civil War was all about state rights, not the state's right to hold slaves, too?

Much longer than that.. more like since the majority of people started living past 30 years old or when your old man didnt get eaten by a saber tooth tiger.

What about these other countries they must be really really weak.

2013-defense-budgets-top-20.jpg

PS how is our military weak? We pinpoint & blow people away like playing Nintendo 64 thousands of miles away while s in a air conditioned room. Hopefully we never go to war again but if we do it's not going to be storming the beach at Normandy we have moved warfare forward by light years.

Obiviously you aren't in the military. That's all I need to say.

please explain the justification of the following, including examples of countries that are ahead of us, or even an example of when the United States was ahead of the current United States?

1) We as a country lack morals?
2) We as a country lack religion?
3) We as a country lack military strength?
4) We as a country lack family values?

I'd challenge that we might perhaps be the most moral, religious, strong, family values driven country there has ever been. I'd be easy to disagree with, but i doubt i'd be any less correct than your statements.

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, during the term of every President for the past 40 years. Yawn.

The next generation has been on the decline since Socrates days back in the 400 BC.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”- Socrates

Let me be clear. I have no intention of putting down the military's finest men and women at all. They are the toughest collection of folks anywhere in the world. I could see how others would take offense to what I wrote. I don't always get my points across clearly. I was referring more to having a government that is weak and doesn't know how to utilize the military properly or make good decisions.

Also, I am no way appointing Ben Carson. I said I am not sure who the person is, I just know it isn't Hilary. I just want a republican in office who stands up for this country and unites it instead of bashing and apologizing for it. America is a great country and has helped other nations throughout the world, yet we are probably one of the top 5 most hated countries right now by the entire world.

I'm not surprised OP doesn't have a solid grasp on the state of this country. He doesn't even have a solid grasp of the ACC. Seeing as how every football post comparing conferences, from recruiting rankings to top 25 teams to bowl wins, always includes Notre Dame.

Obiviously you aren't in the military. That's all I need to say.

So our military is weaker than those countries I listed? I assume you are in the military so if I offended I apologize it wasn't my intention. I am sure things could be more efficient with spending and training but I just don't think our military is weak. If it is how is it weak? War would be very different today than it was in the 40's and the 70's.

Let me be clear. I have no intention of putting down the military's finest men and women at all. They are the toughest collection of folks anywhere in the world. I could see how others would take offense to what I wrote. I don't always get my points across clearly. I was referring more to having a government that is weak and doesn't know how to utilize the military properly or make good decisions.

Also, I am no way appointing Ben Carson. I said I am not sure who the person is, I just know it isn't Hilary. I just want a republican in office who stands up for this country and unites it instead of bashing and apologizing for it. America is a great country and has helped other nations throughout the world, yet we are probably one of the top 5 most hated countries right now by the entire world.

ok, i'll play. I did like Ben Carson's announcement speech, i believed him to be a good man while delivering it. I have major problems with his stance on homosexuality because it is 100% impossible that he believes it is a choice. The data on genetic factors, birth order, and brain chemistry in utero all point strongly to it being a biological result that people are born with. there are tons of things you can do with this data and tons of opinions on how that can be reconciled with biblical teaching, but it just can't be ignored, especially by a world class doctor.

you say you want a strong leader, but too often that candidate is a meat head with no ideas that talks tough but has no ability or qualification to lead... see rick perry, donald trump, george w bush.

i'm a center right voter, but at this point I just hope Joe Biden gets in and takes the primary from Hillary. I think Joe Biden is a good man, a moral man, a dedicated public servant, and a strong leader. he's a goof too, but i've got no problem with that. I also disagree with him on many issues, but it is ok for good, moral, god fearing men to have different ideas on what they believe is right.

On the republican side I'd like Kasich or Graham but would settle for Jeb.

Most of all I want a leader who is both strong and intellectual, and it seems these days the media forces candidates to be one or the other. I'd also like someone who can bring people together to compromise, but all 3 means you've got yourself a top 5 american president... and i don't think we've got one running in this pack. Mitt Romney had a lot of those abilities, but was too out of touch and then spent to much time letting Santorum pull him off track, it also didn't help that his greatest accomplishment ever was the main Republican gripe of the election.

Reactions: kgwillison
Say, George Bush was a Republican. He was - in his words - a "uniter." George Bush wasn't afraid to use military force. Oh, do you think he also might be a reason America is, according to your words, one of the most hated countries in the world?

Let me just ask you ... what are YOU doing right now to make your community better? What are you doing to lift people up? Quit complaining and start getting involved in your own community. If we all do that, things will markedly improve around the country.

So, here is the main list of candidates. Who you are leaning towards?

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Lindsey Graham
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
George Pataki
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Donald Trump
Scott Walker
John Kasich

So what makes us a weak country again? Homo marriages? Legal weed? Last I checked we have the best army, the best navy, the best air force, the largest economy, we grow the most food, and our citizens carry guns. Come at us bro.
and the worst POTUS......in the history of the Republic. and the military decline is steep and accelerating.

So, here is the main list of candidates. Who you are leaning towards?

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Lindsey Graham
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
George Pataki
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Donald Trump
Scott Walker
John Kasich
you left off Carly Fiorina....my personal favorite. I like Jindal too.

So our military is weaker than those countries I listed? I assume you are in the military so if I offended I apologize it wasn't my intention. I am sure things could be more efficient with spending and training but I just don't think our military is weak. If it is how is it weak? War would be very different today than it was in the 40's and the 70's.

Our military isn't weak due to the ones that volunteer to go and defend our countries interest. Our military is weak because of some of the ones we HAVE to call our leaders. I know some on here will disagree, but it is the truth on both sides.

The last time I was in Afghanistan in 11-12, I would actually see platoons pinned down by the enemy and would have to wait for QRF and reenforcements to come help because of our ROE says that we can't fire at the enemy because of the possibility of civilian casualties. So Soldiers getting injured or killed because we can't fire on the enemy all the while the bad guys get away. Sorry, war is brutal, people die, even civilians. That was the deadliest year of the war I think.

Now that JV team is now a long term threat. How did that happen? Because we sat on the sidelines and they are getting more funding/supplies/ training by the day.

The military morale is on a continued downslope not only because of deployments, but because of the way our government treats us. We have not got the pay raises to go with the cost of inflation the last 4 years. Shithead Paul Ryan gets a bill passed that reduces benefits for Active Members and Vets so that ILLEGAL immigrants can have college benefits. Soldiers have taken cuts from their stipends for housing to help cut the defense budget (I lost $2000 a year because of this). More Soldiers are on welfare and food stamps more than ever, but our government want's to cut the pay and benefits of the 1% of the country that gives much more than those that are illegal and riding welfare.

The funding for training and equipment has cut that the Soldiers can not get the proper training for certain deloyments.

There is much more but alot that can't be said.

@avengermg73 thanks for the response.. kind of what I thought you meant & what I wanted to hear (not the content but the honestly of it) . Thanks for what you do for all of us. Heard similar stories about not engaging from my father's friends about Vietnam. Money is being spent but not on the soldiers is what I imagined.

I knew there would be those who would attack the OP ! I personally think he's more right than wrong ! I think I am moderate , perhaps a little right of center . I'm old and have seen many POTUS ! The current one IMHO is on par with Carter only more arrogant and frankly has no qualities of statesmanship . I believe Reagan , and perhaps Clinton were the better ones lately . I believe John Kasich of Ohiomay be the best bet ! Before you attack me look at his social , economic , and leadership record . I think he beats any other Dem or GOP candidate ....just my opinion

I believe Bill Clinton is the best politician ever... certainly the best of my lifetime. He's going to get his wife elected when she inspires no one on the democratic side & only inspires hate from the other side. Yet she's likely going to win if she can just not act like to much of a C-word over the next year.

All kidding aside , Clinton was a statesman and could get things done with a little give and take ...like Reagan . If he had of controlled himself he would have been remembered with great respect !

I knew there would be those who would attack the OP ! I personally think he's more right than wrong ! I think I am moderate , perhaps a little right of center . I'm old and have seen many POTUS ! The current one IMHO is on par with Carter only more arrogant and frankly has no qualities of statesmanship . I believe Reagan , and perhaps Clinton were the better ones lately . I believe John Kasich of Ohiomay be the best bet ! Before you attack me look at his social , economic , and leadership record . I think he beats any other Dem or GOP candidate ....just my opinion
I really like John Kasich. But I really disliked the original poster's sentiment. I disagree with Obama on most politics, but think he is a moral man and in his own way a strong leader. To me when someone says they want a moral leader they really mean someone that agrees with the same moral code as them. To me that doesn't make someone moral. I think Joe Biden is a more moral man than Ted Cruz by a long shot, despite the fact that Ted Cruz's politics are probably closer to my religious beliefs. I'd like first and foremost a leader who can actually address a few issues across the aisle, someone who is moral, regardless of how secular they believe the government should be, and if the person has gravitas and an intellect that separates them from the pack then we might have true greatness. Kasich might have the total package... which means he will be crucified in the primary.

Met Clinton when he flew into General Aviation in Charleston a few years ago.. He shook my hand & my employees hand & asked our names, where we went to college etc. My employee was 6ft 8 asked if he played basketball etc & he did of course. We were there making a delivery for him. He asked if we would like to take a tour of his plane & of course we did. He had one of his staff member show us the plane. I think this was right after he had been pretty sick & lost all that weight so he just sat down while we were roaming about the plane. After our little tour & everything in the aviation building runway & cars there for him were cleared by his detail . Bill walked back up to us thanked us for helping him. He remembered every detail we gave him names, our college, how long we worked for the company, he told me I had a good man in my employee & went into characteristics he saw in him (which was pretty spot on) this after 15 minutes after having met. Even speaking to us wasn't necessary but his recall on facts was spot on.... he asked me how Clemson would be in football next year. I commented to my employee that's how he got elected he treated us with the same respect of an ambassador or a head of state.

I think Kasich is amoral man....for example his moral is not to agree with same sex marriage ....however he's willing to have his opinion and let you have yours and then say how can we work together to create jobs for everybody ! I also think running a state like Ohio successfully proves his management acumen !

Reactions: toolucky52384
and the worst POTUS......in the history of the Republic. and the military decline is steep and accelerating.

this made me lol pretty hard.

after repeated requests for specifics on why "our military is weaker" you literally just repeated the statement, amazing. Since we know you dont have first-hand knowledge of the "decline" ala @avengermg73, why dont you tell us about all the policy decisions our leaders have made to weaken our military, or is just because obama is the president, and gays can get married now?

after repeated requests for specifics on why "our military is weaker" you literally just repeated the statement, amazing. Since we know you dont have first-hand knowledge of the "decline" ala @avengermg73, why dont you tell us about all the policy decisions our leaders have made to weaken our military, or is just because obama is the president, and gays can get married now?

Did I say the POTUS? No, I think I said both parties and if you don't comprehend that then you may want to go back and read the post again and where did I write anything in that post about gay marriage? Geez you reach so far.

Did I say the POTUS? No, I think I said both parties and if you don't comprehend that then you may want to go back and read the post again and where did I write anything in that post about gay marriage? Geez you reach so far.

What? Maybe re-read my post. You were only included as an example of a person with first-hand knowledge of how/why our military is declining...

The whole post is directed at our buddy @igachoochoo, not you man. Chillllllllllll.

hey look you motherfvcking turd.....read up on it. ignorant turd. The navy is shrinking... the f-35 can't fight.....Hell I have posted many articles related to this....you, being an ignoramus....have not taken the time to educate yourself. now...GFY.

what repeated requests??? you are like Smelly CU.t Hillary...who is Trey Goudy? why should I know that name....read the posts at the round table.....the army about to lose seventy thousand troops.....the Marines not having enough ships to transport themselves. God damm you scum......

What? Maybe re-read my post. You were only included as an example of a person with first-hand knowledge of how/why our military is declining...

The whole post is directed at our buddy @igachoochoo, not you man. Chillllllllllll.
Oh, yeah....do you have first hand knowledge that our military is not declining? No.....you are just a shvt filled scum turd. never did nothing...never will do nothing.

no, I guess you were focused on the gay wedding bakery story....I bet your a liar like billary....you dont have a wife....you take it up the butt every night and love to get a wad down your throat.

no, I guess you were focused on the gay wedding bakery story....I bet your a liar like billary....you dont have a wife....you take it up the butt every night and love to get a wad down your throat.
don[t worry... my subscription runs out July twenty four.....then I will be gone....middle finger to all of the tee you are deeds here....

Met Clinton when he flew into General Aviation in Charleston a few years ago.. He shook my hand & my employees hand & asked our names, where we went to college etc. My employee was 6ft 8 asked if he played basketball etc & he did of course. We were there making a delivery for him. He asked if we would like to take a tour of his plane & of course we did. He had one of his staff member show us the plane. I think this was right after he had been pretty sick & lost all that weight so he just sat down while we were roaming about the plane. After our little tour & everything in the aviation building runway & cars there for him were cleared by his detail . Bill walked back up to us thanked us for helping him. He remembered every detail we gave him names, our college, how long we worked for the company, he told me I had a good man in my employee & went into characteristics he saw in him (which was pretty spot on) this after 15 minutes after having met. Even speaking to us wasn't necessary but his recall on facts was spot on.... he asked me how Clemson would be in football next year. I commented to my employee that's how he got elected he treated us with the same respect of an ambassador or a head of state.
good gosh man,,,,were you trolled? did you just drop to your knees and suck him off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT