ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley

And how exactly do you go about that? What does that mean? How do you enforce that?

People smarter than me would have to figure out the metrics and logistics. But the premise is that there are people willfully neglecting their health that are costing the Medicare system massive amounts of money. These people should pay more into the system based on obvious indicators of future healthcare burden. Smokers, obese, etc.

And how exactly do you go about that? What does that mean? How do you enforce that?

Currently, we do it with car and life insurance. There are indicators that make people more of risk to insure using their driving record or health history. Can’t imagine we couldn’t apply the same logic to health insurance, which would just transfer over to Medicare when they turn 65.

Not too long ago, my company was paying $250 towards your deductible for a yearly physical, gym visits, not smoking, etc. Me and my wife would qualify for $1000 (maximum) each year. Then it just stopped. It was a great incentive to get or stay healthy. I worked with people that got a physical for the first time in years! Not the same as a surcharge, but a similar concept.

Last edited:
Reactions: fcctiger12
People smarter than me would have to figure out the metrics and logistics. But the premise is that there are people willfully neglecting their health that are costing the Medicare system massive amounts of money. These people should pay more into the system based on obvious indicators of future healthcare burden. Smokers, obese, etc.
And when those people can't afford it, we just deny them care right? At the same time, you have people receiving social security and medicare who have never paid a dime into it. Do we deny them care too?

This country has seen ~10 million people illegally enter this country in the last 3 years. Those are the people we know about. They get healthcare. In California, they are going to give them sex changes at tax payer expense soon (I think they have already started it for people in PRISON). Isn't that great?

My point is, I'd be willing to pay more based off of my life choices. Hell, that may even give me an incentive to do better, and save money.

That being said, where do we get the money from people that don't pay anything?

And when those people can't afford it, we just deny them care right? At the same time, you have people receiving social security and medicare who have never paid a dime into it. Do we deny them care too?

This country has seen ~10 million people illegally enter this country in the last 3 years. Those are the people we know about. They get healthcare. In California, they are going to give them sex changes at tax payer expense soon (I think they have already started it for people in PRISON). Isn't that great?

My point is, I'd be willing to pay more based off of my life choices. Hell, that may even give me an incentive to do better, and save money.

Very Christian of you to say only those with money should be eligible for lifesaving health care.

Who cares what California passes? It’s a state and they can do what they want with their money. It’s not going to affect you.

Currently, we do it with car and life insurance. There are indicators that make people more of risk to insure using their driving record or health history. Can’t imagine we couldn’t apply the same logic to health insurance, which would just transfer over to Medicare when they turn 65.

Not too long ago, my company was paying $250 towards your deductible for a yearly physical, gym visits, not smoking, etc. Me and my wife would qualify for $1000 (maximum) each year. Then it just stopped. It was a great incentive to get or stay healthy. I worked with people that got a physical for the first time in years! Not the same as a surcharge, but a similar concept.

A difference I see with Medicare a person pays into medicare in advance through Medicare taxes (payroll deduction) and once said person files or goes on Medicare they are charged again monthly premiums for Medicare part A&B .
In private insurance no one is paying into the system in advance.

Very Christian of you to say only those with money should be eligible for lifesaving health care.

Who cares what California passes? It’s a state and they can do what they want with their money. It’s not going to affect you.
Very Demoncrat of you to twist everything I posted to fit your propaganda.

You didn't even read the post I was responding to and understand the context. That's what you Communist/Marxist do.

How much of a Christian I am is up to GOD because I will be judged-same as you.

Very Demoncrat of you to twist everything I posted to fit your propaganda.

You didn't even read the post I was responding to and understand the context. That's what you Communist/Marxist do.

How much of a Christian I am is up to GOD because I will be judged-same as you.
No I read what you wrote, I just wanted to post a snarky comment. I’ve voted for a dem one time in my life - 2020 election. Tell me more about how I’m a communist/marxist you rube.

No I read what you wrote, I just wanted to post a snarky comment. I’ve voted for a dem one time in my life - 2020 election. Tell me more about how I’m a communist/marxist you rube.
And there in lies your problem:
I just wanted to post a snarky comment
You voted for the suffering that millions of Americans are dealing with. Not to mention millions of people who came here because you are going to pay for them. Except, it's not you WAP, it's everyone else that is forced to pay for your stupidity.

How many of them are going to live in your home? They should have a sign-up sheet somewhere for people like you. Put your money where your mouth is.

• Love
Reactions: Clemson Goat

There’s a lot that would need to go into overhauling the system.

On the affordability side, I actually think we need to invest in healthy food options for poor people and in food deserts. This will help with downstream healthcare costs due to poor nutrition.

There needs to be a stick to that carrot though, and if you cannot control your health and also cannot afford a medical surcharge, your EBT card is limited to healthy food options.

Others pay a surcharge. Don’t want to pay? Get your health (controllable factors only) in order. It’s completely your choice.

As for illegals, we obviously need to stop them from entering. For those that are here, if they show up to an ER or healthcare facility expecting free care, we should provide it if medically necessary. They should then immediately be turned into ICE or whoever and deported.

We need to make some tough decisions in order to create a framework that incentivizes the right behaviors and drives cost out of the system. Right now, people who take care of their health and high tax payers are subsidizing a vast swath of takers in this country. That’s not right. That shouldn’t continue.

Last edited:
And there in lies your problem:

You voted for the suffering that millions of Americans are dealing with. Not to mention millions of people who came here because you are going to pay for them. Except, it's not you WAP, it's everyone else that is forced to pay for your stupidity.

How many of them are going to live in your home? They should have a sign-up sheet somewhere for people like you. Put your money where your mouth is.
Lol I live in Houston, I deal with this shit far more often than some jabroni living in the middle of nowhere South Carolina. I voted for Biden since I saw him as the lesser of two evils since the Republican party has been hijacked by simpletons like yourself and Fastball. Biden has proposed a new immigration policy; let's see if the GOP actually wants to fix the problem, or if they'd prefer to just cry about it instead.

There’s a lot that would need to go into overhauling the system.

On the affordability side, I actually think we need to invest in healthy food options for poor people and in food deserts. This will help with downstream healthcare costs due to poor nutrition.

There needs to be a stick to that carrot though, and if you cannot control your health and also cannot afford a medical surcharge, your EBT card is limited to healthy food options.

Others pay a surcharge. Don’t want to pay? Get your health (controllable factors only) in order. It’s completely your choice.

As for illegals, we obviously need to stop them from entering. For those that are here, if they show up to an ER or healthcare facility expecting free care, we should provide it if absolutely medically necessary. They should then immediately be turned into ICE or whoever and deported.

We need to make some tough decisions in order to create a framework that incentivizes the right behaviors and drives cost out of the system. Right now, people who take care of their health and high tax payers are subsidizing a vast swath of takers in this country. That’s not right. That shouldn’t continue.
So you think someone should be in charge of making choices for me and my family?

Here's the way I see it, and you can correct me if I'm wrong. You see yourself as someone who lives a healthy lifestyle and doesn't want to pay for others that do not do what you do. I can certainly understand that. You shouldn't pay for choices I have made.

That being said, I know a really successful man who has paid his taxes every year in SC to pay for schools. He doesn't have any kids? Why should he pay for that?

So you think someone should be in charge of making choices for me and my family?

Here's the way I see it, and you can correct me if I'm wrong. You see yourself as someone who lives a healthy lifestyle and doesn't want to pay for others that do not do what you do. I can certainly understand that. You shouldn't pay for choices I have made.

That being said, I know a really successful man who has paid his taxes every year in SC to pay for schools. He doesn't have any kids? Why should he pay for that?

I’m not trying to make choices for you and your family. You can eat Big Macs every day and hook up to a coke IV for all I care. Just pay the costs associated with your elevated healthcare risk profile. Just like a driver who gets DUIs and speeding tickets pays more for their insurance. They’re riskier and so are willfully unhealthy people.

Education benefits more than those with children in school. It creates the entire framework for learning, development and achievement that fuels our workforce and economy.

Before you equate education to healthcare, I agree that they are both foundational elements to a good society. However, there aren’t as vastly varying costs to educating different children as there are for providing healthcare for different adults. And there aren’t obvious, controllable factors that kids are willfully neglecting to meaningfully influence their personal educational cost.

So yes, a person who lives a healthy lifestyle should not be forced to subsidize those who do not. At least not to the degree that we do in the current system.

Last edited:
Reactions: hinds62
@scotchtiger There needs to be a stick to that carrot though, and if you cannot control your health and also cannot afford a medical surcharge, your EBT card is limited to healthy food options.

I agree with this ... But would like it taken a step further by requiring a picture of the cardholder on all cards. I see drug head's selling their cards monthly or selling the card and pin # monthly for 50 cents on the dollar.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

People do not qualify for Medicare until 65 so the body is starting to fall apart anyway by that age even if you take care of yourself in a lot of cases.

Lol I live in Houston, I deal with this shit far more often than some jabroni living in the middle of nowhere South Carolina. I voted for Biden since I saw him as the lesser of two evils since the Republican party has been hijacked by simpletons like yourself and Fastball. Biden has proposed a new immigration policy; let's see if the GOP actually wants to fix the problem, or if they'd prefer to just cry about it instead.
Two things here, WapPride, Biden submitted an immigration policy when he was first elected and the Dems controlled all three branches of the government. What happened, nothing except Biden then made the conscious decision (Lord I can believe I said Biden made a conscious decision) to disobey the existing laws and opening the flood gates at the border and that is why we have the problem we have now. Trump had policies that certainly slowed the migration when he was president and Biden removed them all shortly after becoming president. Now Biden has introduced a framework solution to the border problem and wants the Congress to pass it right away before it is even fully written. Hopefully the Republicans are smart enough to not go for this "hurry up" approach to the new legislation especially since Biden supports it. If Biden would just reinstate the Trump policies while the Congress is debating and writing the complete new legislation, then we would be in a lot better shape than we are now. Lastly, as to your comment about "some jabroni living in the middle of nowhere South Carolina" I will tell you I was born in S.C. and raised in S.C. and went to Clemson. I have lived in the following states during my 85 years: Texas (3 times), California (3 times), Nevada, Washington state, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida (2 times), Louisiana, Tennessee. I retired and by choice, came back to South Carolina and am glad I did.

The same reason he pays for roads that he doesn't use. He is not making choices for you and your family!! The. stop sign says stop, you don't have to obey it, that is your choice. If it bites you in the butt when you run the stop sign, then you live with the consequences, your choice!!

Two things here, WapPride, Biden submitted an immigration policy when he was first elected and the Dems controlled all three branches of the government. What happened, nothing except Biden then made the conscious decision (Lord I can believe I said Biden made a conscious decision) to disobey the existing laws and opening the flood gates at the border and that is why we have the problem we have now. Trump had policies that certainly slowed the migration when he was president and Biden removed them all shortly after becoming president. Now Biden has introduced a framework solution to the border problem and wants the Congress to pass it right away before it is even fully written. Hopefully the Republicans are smart enough to not go for this "hurry up" approach to the new legislation especially since Biden supports it. If Biden would just reinstate the Trump policies while the Congress is debating and writing the complete new legislation, then we would be in a lot better shape than we are now. Lastly, as to your comment about "some jabroni living in the middle of nowhere South Carolina" I will tell you I was born in S.C. and raised in S.C. and went to Clemson. I have lived in the following states during my 85 years: Texas (3 times), California (3 times), Nevada, Washington state, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida (2 times), Louisiana, Tennessee. I retired and by choice, came back to South Carolina and am glad I did.
He didn't remove anything, he just didn't renew Title 42, and policy reverted back to Title 8 which had been in effect for decades.

Reactions: adgjunior
He didn't remove anything, he just didn't renew Title 42, and policy reverted back to Title 8 which had been in effect for decades.
Whatever words you want to use is fine, WapPride. Trump policy was working, Biden caused a change that is an unmitigated disaster and it will be years before we recover from this and possible we may never recover from it. Biden and Dems look at it as voters.

The same reason he pays for roads that he doesn't use. He is not making choices for you and your family!! The. stop sign says stop, you don't have to obey it, that is your choice. If it bites you in the butt when you run the stop sign, then you live with the consequences, your choice!!
Where are the laws that say what someone can eat or can't eat? Drink or can't drink. Where are the laws on how much someone is allowed to weigh?

Reactions: hinds62
Whatever words you want to use is fine, WapPride. Trump policy was working, Biden caused a change that is an unmitigated disaster and it will be years before we recover from this and possible we may never recover from it. Biden and Dems look at it as voters.
Instead of complaining about how immigrants are coming into the country and and are going to automatically be democrats (which is absurd, fyi), maybe the Republicans could try and court these immigrants. You know, like they did the Cuban immigrants of south florida, and try and appeal to groups beside the "aggrieved" white man, and the wealthy.

Reactions: dpic73
@scotchtiger There needs to be a stick to that carrot though, and if you cannot control your health and also cannot afford a medical surcharge, your EBT card is limited to healthy food options.

I agree with this ... But would like it taken a step further by requiring a picture of the cardholder on all cards. I see drug head's selling their cards monthly or selling the card and pin # monthly for 50 cents on the dollar.

No problem here. And if you defraud the federal government in its attempt to give you free shit, I think a lifetime ban of entitlements sounds about right.

Where are the laws that say what someone can eat or can't eat? Drink or can't drink. Where are the laws on how much someone is allowed to weigh?

If you apply for life insurance, they look at that stuff. Bloodwork, weight, etc. And they charge you a premium commensurate with your risk profile. We should apply that to health insurance, but remove factors outside of someone’s control. And if your risk profile is too high, you should pay a Medicare surcharge as well.

This would do wonders for incentivizing people to be healthier. And it would drive massive cost out of our healthcare system. All while more fairly distributing the cost.

Reactions: WapPride
If you apply for life insurance, they look at that stuff. Bloodwork, weight, etc. And they charge you a premium commensurate with your risk profile. We should apply that to health insurance, but remove factors outside of someone’s control. And if your risk profile is too high, you should pay a Medicare surcharge as well.

This would do wonders for incentivizing people to be healthier. And it would drive massive cost out of our healthcare system. All while more fairly distributing the cost.
I see what you are saying as a business minded person. However, my point is, who sets the rules? Who determines what is healthy, and what is not? For example, just in my lifetime, I've seen the narrative change over milk of all things. Milk is good, milk is bad. Bacon is good, bacon is bad.

Also, who pays for people who should never be here in the first place? Where are the calculations for people who don't pay federal taxes, don't contribute to social security, and don't pay local taxes. What happens to those folks?

I'll tell you what happens. Those folks move to the head of the line. At the very least, they get seen at the same rate as people who have done things the right way.

I have no problem with the general premise of your argument. We should all strive to be more healthy. I just have a problem with who is going to make these decisions.

Instead of complaining about how immigrants are coming into the country and and are going to automatically be democrats (which is absurd, fyi), maybe the Republicans could try and court these immigrants. You know, like they did the Cuban immigrants of south florida, and try and appeal to groups beside the "aggrieved" white man, and the wealthy.

we prefer to obey the current laws.

• Haha
Reactions: WapPride
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT