ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Russia Ukraine?

Dadar

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2003
There seems to be a lot more going on other than nukes. Global situation with China, Middle East ..

Not allowing the US weapons use against the R forces across the border is hard to understand looking at this in isolation. Ukraine is a sitting duck the way R is using this. Losing this war seems like how WWII got started.

US is the last holdout with even Ger sgreeing

Last edited:
Reactions: okclem
WW3 has already started and we just don't fully know it yet.

Edit - oh yeah, and it will end in nuclear fire.

WW3 has already started and we just don't fully know it yet.

Edit - oh yeah, and it will end in nuclear fire.
We have been on the brink many times in the past. Many parallels with WW2 and Korea.

There seems to be a lot more going on other than nukes. Global situation with China, Middle East ..

Not allowing the US weapons use against the R forces across the border is hard to understand looking at this in isolation. Ukraine is a sitting duck the way R is using this. Losing this war seems like how WWII got started.

That just changed a bit

We have been on the brink many times in the past. Many parallels with WW2 and Korea.
I think this is the closest we've been since the missile crisis. The parallels to ww2 are uncanny. It's an invasion of Eastern Europe by a megalomaniacal dictator, except this time it's from the east instead of the west. In the Pacific it's just China instead of Japan, although I do not believe China is nearly the threat (yet) that some do.

The wildcard factor here is the situation in the ME, and that makes this situation much more fraught. My gut says this is a situation that has already spun too far out of anyone's control to contain.

Germany had already conquered Austria, Czechoslovokia, and Poland, and Japan had conquered China and the Pacific before anyone even called it WW2.

Reactions: clemsontyger04
I mean, they're sitting ducks otherwise and Russia needs to feel the pain knowing they could be hit anywhere/anytime.
Lot to digest. If US took a different approach, would Europe have stepped up! Putin is on the N Korea path it seems

This authorization still comes with numerous restrictions.

It’s too little, too late.
Yeah i think so. I just mean the saber-rattling will intensify and so will Russia's assault. The west will not let Russia take Ukraine. It's WW3 and it began the minute Putin invaded Ukraine.

Does this mean Putin authorizes weapons usage in the US you fricking morons?
Isn’t Russia’s position that the parts of Ukraine they’ve illegally annexed are part of Russia now?

By their own admission, this isn’t an escalation. Ukraine was already hitting “Russian” territory

Does this mean Putin authorizes weapons usage in the US you fricking morons?
Well if he decides to, I think we should be nice and just give him Florida, Alabama and Mississippi and maybe he won't go any further. I mean, there are Nazis in those states so I understand why he's mad.

If Trump is elected, Kiss Ukraine goodby. The way he seems to worship Putin makes one wonder about his Russian financial arrangements. Russia has certainly worked hard to get him elected the first time.

If Trump is elected, Kiss Ukraine goodby. The way he seems to worship Putin makes one wonder about his Russian financial arrangements. Russia has certainly worked hard to get him elected the first time.
More than just Ukraine too. I think you can kiss NATO goodbye too. He'll give Putin carte blanche to do whatever he wants in eastern Europe.

• Angry
Reactions: dpic73
Yep, his admiration of dictators says a lot to me

If no other players jump in, The Euro countries can end it with France, Brits, Ger and Baltic states as long as can be contained in my opinion

Hate seeing the destruction in Ukraine, but on a minor note, at least Europe has stepped up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT