A few of the books to be banned:
Canterbury Tales
Romeo & Juliet
Dracula

Canterbury Tales
Romeo & Juliet
Dracula
I cannot wait to move to a blue state when my daughter graduates high school in a few years.

Reactions: WapPride
Canterbury Tales
Romeo & Juliet
Dracula
The red states keep getting redder

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoes all arts grant in the state​

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vetoed all arts grants in Florida, a move that organizations said is unprecedented and could jeopardize the operations of many.

"Something like this could literally be the death knell for some organizations, and succeed in doing what COVID could not," the executive director of the Symphony of the Americas, Steven Haines, told the Sun Sentinel.

Bari Newport, from GableStage, told Axios that the funding will fall heavily on Miami-Dade, one of the largest funders for arts in the country. "Many of these arts and cultural institutions are already relying heavily on the county to exist," she said.

Overall, the veto cuts $6.5 million for the county, impacting more than 120 organizations, including the opera, theaters and art museums. At a state level the figure tops 600.

The governor's office didn't provide an explanation for the decision, only saying that all vetoes were done "in the best interests of the State of Florida."

Last edited:
Reactions: okclem
The red states keep getting redder

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoes all arts grant in the state​

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis vetoed all arts grants in Florida, a move that organizations said is unprecedented and could jeopardize the operations of many.

"Something like this could literally be the death knell for some organizations, and succeed in doing what COVID could not," the executive director of the Symphony of the Americas, Steven Haines, told the Sun Sentinel.

Bari Newport, from GableStage, told Axios that the funding will fall heavily on Miami-Dade, one of the largest funders for arts in the country. "Many of these arts and cultural institutions are already relying heavily on the county to exist," she said.

Overall, the veto cuts $6.5 million for the county, impacting more than 120 organizations, including the opera, theaters and art museums. At a state level the figure tops 600.

The governor's office didn't provide an explanation for the decision, only saying that all vetoes were done "in the best interests of the State of Florida."

Fascism on the march

Reactions: dpic73
Yep. And they got to keep those voters dumb. Art might distract them from their purpose as peons for the GOP elite rulers.....
Let's be honest here - art and theater are woke and might lead one down the path to being a liberal and that cannot stand in Floridastan.

Reactions: flotiger
Let's be honest here - art and theater are woke and might lead one down the path to being a liberal and that cannot stand in Floridastan.
Good point. Can't have the development of critical thinking skills just running around free. That would lessen the market for conspiracy theories.

Reactions: dpic73

BREAKING: Cathie Wood, one of the most influential people in the business world just publicly announced that she'll be voting for Trump and that he had the best economy in history

"Trump or Biden?"

"I am a voter when it comes to economics. And on that basis, Trump."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT