ADVERTISEMENT

Trump at the NABJ Convention - A Thread

What has Mrs.Harris done to make anyone think she can run the country? What you want her to run your business? When the voters actually get in front of the machines and ask themselves who gives me the best chance to be successful or better my situation. Going to be a very close race.
She’s done a splendid job with the boarder! She did an outstanding job as DA and AG in California. Her work in the Senate was tremendous…that’s the reason just a month ago the media (including the fake news media) called her the worse VP ever! But now she’s the savior…😂😂😂

She’s done a splendid job with the boarder! She did an outstanding job as DA and AG in California. Her work in the Senate was tremendous…that’s the reason just a month ago the media (including the fake news media) called her the worse VP ever! But now she’s the savior…😂😂😂
Border

Rubio would have made more sense but don't know if trump didn't pick Rubio because he was minority was the main reason . I think the 12th amendment also played a role in the decision not to pick Rubio.

Like I said earlier new on this board and before catching heat (lol) for any comments I make, i did intern for Hollings in 1988 and Campbell in 1992 but this is a tough crowd .
This

That's a fair point. My comment was really more about the likelihood of Trump picking any minority/woman to be his #2. My comment could just as easily have been Tim Scott (minority) or Lindsey Graham (minority woman).

Stick around. It's not so tough. You get what you put in.
Lindsay Graham ( minority woman ) lol ! Have to give Graham some credit he was pushing for Rubio or Scott to Trump Campaign on the day Vance was announced . It 's no secret the the Trump campaign tried to wait the last moment to make a decision on the VP with the Biden situation up in the air during there Rnc .

The rumors that the Trump campaign aren't happy with Vance past comments does have some truth but depending on what type of bump Harris gets from her VP bounce could increase the possiblity a change on the Republican ticket. The RNC guidelines does have clause that would allow a change with the VP if needed . At this point don't know if it will happen but this campaign has shown never say never .

All depends which ticket can get those swing voters within the 6 to 8 battleground states .

Reactions: okclem
Lindsay Graham ( minority woman ) lol ! Have to give Graham some credit he was pushing for Rubio or Scott to Trump Campaign on the day Vance was announced . It 's no secret the the Trump campaign tried to wait the last moment to make a decision on the VP with the Biden situation up in the air during there Rnc .

The rumors that the Trump campaign aren't happy with Vance past comments does have some truth but depending on what type of bump Harris gets from her VP bounce could increase the possiblity a change on the Republican ticket. The RNC guidelines does have clause that would allow a change with the VP if needed . At this point don't know if it will happen but this campaign has shown never say never .

All depends which ticket can get those swing voters within the 6 to 8 battleground states .
What do you think would be more politically damaging to him, keeping Vance on the ticket, or the optics of switching?

If he wants to win back any women he has to drop Vance. I'm just not sure if it's not already too late.

Reactions: yoshi121374
What do you think would be more politically damaging to him, keeping Vance on the ticket, or the optics of switching?

If he wants to win back any women he has to drop Vance. I'm just not sure if it's not already too late.
good question , I think it if they start seeing erosions with more than one demographic group (not just women but other age groups ) of voters in these battleground states within their internal polling could be a deciding factor. I am pretty sure they are already looking at internal polling how the ticket compares with Harris /Kelly or Harris /Shapiro. They are polling these possible tickets mainly because Shapiro and Kelly have higher favorablity than the other Democratic candidates.

The other big factor that could play a major role would be if they start seeing decrease from large national super pac's .

Yes there would be some optics to be concerned if they did switch but this campaign has shown already nothing is out of the realm of being normal so far

Last edited:
good question , I think it if they start seeing erosions with more than one demographic group (not just women but other age groups ) of voters in these battleground states within their internal polling could be a deciding factor. I am pretty sure they are already looking at internal polling how the ticket compares with Harris /Kelly or Harris /Shapiro. They are polling these possible tickets mainly because Shapiro and Kelly have higher favorablity than the other Democratic candidates.

The other big factor that could play a major role would be if they start seeing decrease from large national super pac's .

Yes there would be some optics to be concerned if they did switch but this campaign has shown already nothing is out of the realm of being normal so far

Shapiro or Kelly are such vastly better candidates than Vance it's almost laughable. Kelly is one impressive dude. What a life he's lived.

• Love
Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT