ADVERTISEMENT

Trump just retweeted Trevor!!!!

200.gif

I wonder if all of the people ridiculing trump for wanting sports to happen would be doing it if they're family's livelihood was dependent on the revenue it generates? As much as I love CFB and I'll be depressed for the next 6 months if its cancelled, I feel even worse for the people & families who will be trying to make ends meet because they no longer have a job.

People who are so passionate about the severity of this disease and that widespread shutdowns are necessary dont seem to care about who it impacts, as long as they get to work from their home office & continue to tweet about evil Trump.

All politics aside, Trevor's kind of leadership is EXACTLY what this country and most of the states are in desperate need of right now. He's shown empathy, acknowledged the complexity of the issue as well as the fact that opinions differing from his are not only understandable but 100% valid. THAT is how you get people to arrive at decisions for the greater good.

Our country used to do it. And before people assume this is an Anti-Trump message, it is not (despite my personal feelings about the CIC). Not so long in our past, our nation's leaders disagreed vehemently but they found enough common ground to compromise and get things done.

And the problems today cross the aisle. Reagan led that way with Tip O'Neill. Clinton led that way with Newt Gingrich. Today, Trump, McConnell, Pelosi and Shumer are more concerned with the power they personally wield than with doing what is in the best interest, in both the long term and short term, of the country as a whole.

With that said, I couldn't be prouder of the leader, and more importantly, the human being that Trevor is growing to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT