ADVERTISEMENT

Two police officers shot in Dallas

Do not have any reservations about being "all over the place" on these issues. We all are.

My original post in this thread was pretty disjointed...these are issues that you and I (despite our best intentions) aren't going to solve in any meaningful way on here. I wish to Hell it was that simple...
Yeah, it really sucks. But I'm a firm believer that it has to start with conversations like this. Thanks

Reactions: Clem'sSon
Unfortunately that's a very difficult answer, one that a portion of the people in the black community have been trying to answer for decades now.

The simple answer is the black culture needs to be changed from the ground up. We have a culture that, even though we know it's wrong, idolizes things like gang life, violence and drugs (I'm speaking in general terms here). It's something that is honestly difficult to understand I think, unless you grew up that way. It's mindframe that's truly embedded in our culture.

As a people, we don't have the structural framework to support ourselves like just about every other race has to some extent.

And I realize I'm kind of all over the place with this post, but the issues are just too wide spread to try and summerize here.

It sucks.
It does suck. Gangs basically take in these kids that don't have support at home and become a famil
Yeah, it really sucks. But I'm a firm believer that it has to start with conversations like this. Thanks
Yeah I think this is the best conversation I've ever been apart of on this issue. We may not solve anything on a message board but the fact that we can have this conversation like this in a forum that can easily devolve into name calling is a good sign for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT