ADVERTISEMENT

Van Smith questioning Dabo (SIAP)

Yea Van should probably just delete that. He’s way off base and keeps doubling down. I think it’s valid to criticize Dabo for not firing Danny Pearman immediately. That was not the first or last time Danny made comments like that. If Dabo is guilty of anything it’s being too loyal to his friends at times and probably being stubborn about certain things, but nobody that’s been around him extensively thinks he’s anything close to a racist.
Since you are apparently "in the know " please elaborate on what Danny Pearman has done. I honestly don't know ....but obviously you do

Put out a PR statement. Dabo does not do a good job handling tough subjects because he talks too much.

I’d rather control what I can control. Of course every talking head will do what they do. You don’t have to compete, just address it one time.

If you really think we can’t address things in a responsible manner, you are giving the mob the win.

Bullshit. Transparency will always win out.
No, you just want vindication when all we really need is for this to go away. Your way will prolong its place in the news cycle. Know when to pick your battles.

• Haha
Reactions: SDTiger9
Pearman repeatedly said the N-word for players to stop using it? Or he repeatedly used the N-word in an another way? Was it out of the blue or was he repeating what someone else said? You said this is not the first or last time he made those comments so just trying to clarify.
There's really not any defensible context for Pearman to have said it in.

Hope nobody got a picture of Brad Brownell and Alex Murdaugh when they played golf together. I would hate to think anyone would think our basketball coach is a murder for taking a picture with a murder.

I think he should’ve been fired for how that incident, innocent or otherwise, hurt the program’s reputation and could have cost us funding and recruits (did cost us 1 recruit). I was just asking if Pearman used the N-word in that same context repeatedly telling players not to use it, if he was just letting it fly bc others were saying it, or if he was using it maliciously against black people. If done maliciously, that’s a deeper, much more serious issue that does impact Dabo’s character
I’m glad dabo is in charge then. Pearman is a good man and adds more than TI thinks.

I'm not sure about Dabo's relationship with Taylor or Smith's motives but not exactly a good look coming from a former player.....

I’ll bet both lungs if & when Dabo finds out the guy in the pic said those things, Dabo would sever that relationship in a NY second.

No one should be judged by being an acquaintance with someone if they don’t know who they really are. They should be judged on how they handle the relationship after they find out the acquaintance does or says something offensive.

A good example is the outstanding basketball player @ Bama, Miller. Seems like a good kid. Unfortunately, he made a very poor decision when he provided a gun to someone, who killed someone using the gun Miller gave him. Did Miller know the guy he gave the gun to was going to kill somebody, absolutely not. Did Dabo know the guy in the pic was going to use the “N” word & make threatening remarks towards black woman, Absolutely Not!!!

Reactions: jeffcoat
I'm not sure about Dabo's relationship with Taylor or Smith's motives but not exactly a good look coming from a former player.....

Maybe there is a reason this idiot is no longer at Clemson. I have never seen so many so-called Clemson fans who want to turn on the greatest coach Clemson has ever had at the drop of a hat. Not only is Dabo a great coach, but he is even a better person and man. Some of you have to live a sad and miserable life. I feel sorry for you.

Doesn’t help that the woke left is telling black people that all of their problems should be blamed on systemic racism. This stuff was all drummed up by the Obama administration and has reached a fever pitch after the BLM movement.
Can you just stop spreading nonsense. Obama didn't spread the term systemic racism. It's just people started talking about it on social media. Which is how you found out about a term that's been in discussion in academic circles since red lining at least.

Can you just stop spreading nonsense. Obama didn't spread the term systemic racism. It's just people started talking about it on social media. Which is how you found out about a term that's been in discussion in academic circles since red lining at least.
I didn’t say he spread that term. Try to work on your reading comprehension. He started the race division that we see today. To try and deny that is being ridiculously ignorant of reality.

I didn’t say he spread that term. Try to work on your reading comprehension. He started the race division that we see today. To try and deny that is being ridiculously ignorant of reality.
Sorry yes. The tan suit incident is too terrifying to recall. I must have blocked it out. Oh and who can forget ordering Dijon mustard.... what a racist

Reactions: dpic73
Also BJ Goodson and Zac Brooks liked this comment so I guess that he agrees. Also, Marcus Edmonds brother is commenting basically stating that Dabo is racist

Van Smith also commented “there was countless things that happened in team meetings he could talk about but y’all don’t want to hear it” (paraphrasing)
Van Smith sucked ass.

Reactions: Waterfowlobession
Doesn’t help that the woke left is telling black people that all of their problems should be blamed on systemic racism. This stuff was all drummed up by the Obama administration and has reached a fever pitch after the BLM movement.
Obama is a racist POS and definitely the reason for many of the race issues that we have been facing. He’s also running the current administration - evidenced by the woke, evil disaster that it is.

I believe Pearman was mimicking a player in practice and trying to get him to stop using the N word.

@trich24 please provide a link showing when Pearman said it before or after cause there was only one incident that I have heard about.
Pearman did more than that from what I was told by a few folks in/around the program. He was essentially an HR nightmare in many respects. No links to provide. You can choose to believe it or not.

Pearman did more than that from what I was told by a few folks in/around the program. He was essentially an HR nightmare in many respects. No links to provide. You can choose to believe it or not.
Can you go into more detail about what made Pearman an HR nightmare? I'm genuinely curious.

What? No he didn’t. Or, excuse me, if he did he did so merely by being black. Which, if that’s what you’re saying, then I kind of agree in a practical way. Black guy assumes most powerful position in the free world —> racists start acting out, kill some folks —> black guy says you shouldn’t do that —> racists say see he’s taking their side! It’s the dumbest fvcking narrative and absolutely mind boggling that so many people buy it.

And what’s funnier is that the guy that followed him WOULDN’T DENOUNCE REAL, CARD CARRYING RACISTS. Played to their support in fact. But yeah, Obama is the one who caused the divisiveness.

Good lord, man. At least say he tore the scab off something that was always there. That I could believe. Doesn’t make it his fault but I could accept the argument that his ascension to POTUS was a root cause in that scenario.

For the record, I’m a middle of the road pragmatist. I would and have voted for both sides depending on the candidate and their particular views. Mostly because I view hard line ideology as stupid and detrimental.

What? No he didn’t. Or, excuse me, if he did he did so merely by being black. Which, if that’s what you’re saying, then I kind of agree in a practical way. Black guy assumes most powerful position in the free world —> racists start acting out, kill some folks —> black guy says you shouldn’t do that —> racists say see he’s taking their side! It’s the dumbest fvcking narrative and absolutely mind boggling that so many people buy it.

And what’s funnier is that the guy that followed him WOULDN’T DENOUNCE REAL, CARD CARRYING RACISTS. Played to their support in fact. But yeah, Obama is the one who caused the divisiveness.

Good lord, man. At least say he tore the scab off something that was always there. That I could believe. Doesn’t make it his fault but I could accept the argument that his ascension to POTUS was a root cause in that scenario.

For the record, I’m a middle of the road pragmatist. I would and have voted for both sides depending on the candidate and their particular views. Mostly because I view hard line ideology as stupid and detrimental.
Sounds like you are living in fantasy world and don’t have any core values.

They were close friends, and one has experience dealing with the trials of the position. Would you not talk to someone with those credentials if you were in a similar situation? The lunacy of reaching on stuff like this is incredible.
Lol. Obama can’t stand Biden. He has belittled him in public multiple times. Why would he do that I wonder?

You are not middle of the road. Keep telling yourself that. Good luck commie

• Haha
Reactions: alphamale621
https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/psaki-says-obama-biden-talk-regularly-but-wont-say-how-often/amp/

Totally normal. Nothing to see here. All former presidents live within 2 miles of the White House and talk regularly on the phone to the current president. Michael is creating a lot of policy as well, especially promoting the trans agenda.
I mean Biden was Obama’s Vice….they are friends. I don’t blame them for talking often and I’m sure their politics match up quite closely.

That doesn’t mean Obama is running this administration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT