ADVERTISEMENT

Walz it is

Based on what you say, you've just changed your views. It isn't that Trump pushed you away. You were already gone because the stuff you highlight suggests you just changed how you feel about things which is absolutely your right to do.

A principled conservative would never seek refuge in something as authoritarian as the left.
I mean Trump taking over the GOP was certainly a catalyst for me changing my views

Reactions: wrw311 and Willence
Give me the party, guy or girl, that stops giving the Taliban $50 million a week. Yep, you read that right.

It's actually more like north of $70/mill, but who's counting?

Anyone got a good excuse as to why they need it? I'd honestly love to hear it.

I have…I really enjoyed my 401K from 2016-2019, loved those low interest rates, lower taxes, gas prices, cheaper groceries, insurance prices and restaurant prices. I mean other than the mean tweets and waking up everyone wondering if he fired someone during the night…I did okay, I bet you did too!
Funny that you left off 2020. The stockmarket has never done better than under Biden. The president also doesn't set interest rates or gas prices or insurance prices or what have you. Yes, there was inflation but grocery stores conspired to raise prices at a rate that was higher than inflation

Reactions: dpic73
LIAR, I addressed this in another thread last night. The dark blue on the left side of flag is the shape of the state, the 8 point star is an ode to their motto, Star of the North and the light blue on the right represents water - land of ten thousand lakes. You people suck.

They do NOT look alike
_132104648_whatsappimage2023-12-20at10.58.26am.jpg.webp

_132104654_gettyimages-1148765581-1.jpg.webp

Reactions: Spencer_York
Don’t really know a lot about Walz to be honest. Was thinking Shapiro made the most sense given the significance of Pennsylvania. Arizona is important too but if Dems take PA then the Republican path to victory becomes extraordinarily narrow. Maybe they feel PA is in the bag and Walz will help out more in WI/MI? Not sure. Lock down PA, MI, and WI and the election is over. Dems don’t need to win anything else.

Maybe I’m not supposed to say this out loud but I’m wondering if Shapiro being Jewish impacted the decision. I’m not sure what, if anything, he’s said on the Israel/Palestine issue but the Dems do need to placate the incredibly stupid pro-Palestine section of their base. They’re not going to vote for Trump but there is a chance they don’t vote at all out of badly misguided principle, and there larger numbers of these voters in some key states, most notably Michigan.

Ultimately, the VP pick isn’t that important. Elections have shown time and time again that people don’t vote based on VP. They probably should vote based on VP more, especially as our Presidential nominees have gotten older and older, but people vote for President, not Vice President.
It wasn't him being Jewish (multiple Jews in the cabinet, Kamala's husband is Jewish, Schumer is Jewish, etc). It was his naked political ambition, voucher stance, and some scandals (campaign sexual abuse, sitting on a murder investigation as AG) that sunk him

Reactions: dbjork6317
Interested to hear the dems thoughts on this pick. Most reasonable dem posters on this board were hoping for more centrist candidates like Shapiro or Kelly to moderate the ticket.

MN also wasn’t a contested state, so not sure how this helps strategically.

Seems like about the best possible outcome for the Republicans.

I was perplexed at the pick based on political needs

One would have thought Pennsylvania was a huge priority over Minnesota

I can only say that after the vote is counted may this make sense

From the cheap seats where I sit it looks totally

WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD LOL

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Funny that you left off 2020. The stockmarket has never done better than under Biden. The president also doesn't set interest rates or gas prices or insurance prices or what have you. Yes, there was inflation but grocery stores conspired to raise prices at a rate that was higher than inflation
I mean a little thing like COVID happened…you remember that don’t you??? Also before Trump left the economy was rebounding…but hey, y’all keep blaming Trump for the Covid drop, make yall feel good 😂😂

I mean a little thing like COVID happened…you remember that don’t you??? Also before Trump left the economy was rebounding…but hey, y’all keep blaming Trump for the Covid drop, make yall feel good 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Orange&Purple
Seems odd. I was personally hoping for Shapiro or Kelly. We will have to see how it shakes out.

In all honestly both Vp picks were more for their bases instead of reaching out to independents /moderates .

Personally , I think Shaprio or Kelly would have been a better pick because they poll so well in there home states . Minnesota isn't a toss up state but Az and Pa are definitely battleground state . Same could say the same for the Vance pick on the Republican side ( personally I would have taken Rubio , Scott , or Youngkin ) .

Internal polling from democrats had Shaprio, Kelly, and Beshear polling better in Pa /Michigan than Waltz on the ticket. Even the Washington Post /CNN /Ny Times are questioning the reasoning because there is a fear the ticket could also hurt Democrats in some key senate /house rates occupied by Democrats .

Trump will never step foot in the White House again. Many of you will have a very hard time with that come November and claim that the world is over and civil war is about to begin, but I just don't think he'll win.

You can love or hate Nikki Haley all you want, but I absolutely side with her when she said whoever gets rid of the elderly candidate first will win, and the Democrats decided they'd play chess and get Biden out.

I also don't believe if Trump loses, no Republican will win again or for decades. I think it's just a Trump thing. It amazes me how people have their heads so far up his ass and thinks he's the saving grace. It's honestly creepy.

In all honestly both Vp picks were more for their bases instead of reaching out to independents /moderates .

Personally , I think Shaprio or Kelly would have been a better pick because they poll so well in there home states . Minnesota isn't a toss up state but Az and Pa are definitely battleground state . Same could say the same for the Vance pick on the Republican side ( personally I would have taken Rubio , Scott , or Youngkin ) .

Internal polling from democrats had Shaprio, Kelly, and Beshear polling better in Pa /Michigan than Waltz on the ticket. Even the Washington Post /CNN /Ny Times are questioning the reasoning because there is a fear the ticket could also hurt Democrats in some key senate /house rates occupied by Democrats .

From the squad to Manchin, this pick is beloved by Democrats. I suppose all the never trumper Republicans bitching about antisemitism could just vote for Trump instead.

LIAR, I addressed this in another thread last night. The dark blue on the left side of flag is the shape of the state, the 8 point star is an ode to their motto, Star of the North and the light blue on the right represents water - land of ten thousand lakes. You people suck.

They do NOT look alike
_132104648_whatsappimage2023-12-20at10.58.26am.jpg.webp

_132104654_gettyimages-1148765581-1.jpg.webp
Now post the old flag

Transphobia is a losing electoral strategy, the GOP can run on it again in 2024 if it wants
Mental illness.

It doesn’t matter who wins, the trans are losing. Multiple states have passed legislation even under a Biden administration.

But by all means if democrats want to hitch their wagons to trannies go ahead. It won’t last more than one generation though 😂

The stock market rise was teed up by Trump

The economic destruction of the middle class was a Biden miracle of miracles

WEIRD

But by all means if democrats want to hitch their wagons to trannies go ahead. It won’t last more than one generation though 😂
I know it's not breaking through to your echo chamber but Americans are sick and tired of the culture war bullshit and want to get past all the hatred and divisiveness of the last eight years. We just want to watch football, be happy and live our lives in peace. You can fight it all you want but it won't help you. We reject your brand, sorry.

It doesn't look like the Somalia flag either derp. But why would it bother you if a state wanted to update their flag? How is that harming your conservative feelings?
It’s not.

Just post the previous flag so everyone has all the information

Transphobia is a losing electoral strategy, the GOP can run on it again in 2024 if it wants
You have to love the lunatics on the left who hide behind _____phobia and are just too chickenshi to admit the truth. Boys don't need tampons and don't Menstruate. I'll ask you do think boys menstruate ?

Last edited:
It’s not.

Just post the previous flag so everyone has all the information
Minnesota changed its state flag in 2024 to replace a design that some found offensive, particularly Native Americans:
  • Old flag
    The flag, adopted in 1957, depicted a white settler plowing the land while an Indigenous man rode away on horseback. Some interpreted the image as a reference to the displacement of Native Americans in the state. Civil rights activists raised concerns about the image as early as the 1960s, and Indigenous members of the State Emblem Redesign Commission said it was harmful to their communities.

• Flag_of_Minnesota.svg.png

Trump will never step foot in the White House again. Many of you will have a very hard time with that come November and claim that the world is over and civil war is about to begin, but I just don't think he'll win.

You can love or hate Nikki Haley all you want, but I absolutely side with her when she said whoever gets rid of the elderly candidate first will win, and the Democrats decided they'd play chess and get Biden out.

I also don't believe if Trump loses, no Republican will win again or for decades. I think it's just a Trump thing. It amazes me how people have their heads so far up his ass and thinks he's the saving grace. It's honestly creepy.
Trump fans are weird. He's a completely morally bankrupt person, yet they claim to have the moral high ground. When pressed they revert to fantasy and draw really strange memes of Trump being Jesus and shit. Maga has always been a weird, creepy cult.
Qanon being born on a child pedo site then becoming mainstream Maga culture teaches you everything about them and who decides their cannon.

Trump fans are weird. He's a completely morally bankrupt person, yet they claim to have the moral high ground. When pressed they revert to fantasy and draw really strange memes of Trump being Jesus and shit. Maga has always been a weird, creepy cult.
Qanon being born on a child pedo site then becoming mainstream Maga culture teaches you everything about them and who decides their cannon.
Republicans are weird

It’s weird that you guys have learned a new term and now use it for everything…just weird.

I don’t know that Trump is morally bankrupt, that’s weird that you would say that. I do think he has some morality issues…he’s no saint, far from it but…aren’t we all flawed to a degree?

I’ve never seen a Trump Jesus meme…that would be weird. But I’m sure you have one or can make one right quick.

I didn’t know that putting this Country first was a bad thing…it’s weird that you feel that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT