ADVERTISEMENT

Why are we allies with Israel??????

GoodWord28

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013

I don’t get it. Not that we should be allies with Hamas or Iran, but what do they do for us other than drag us into the middle of their “holy” war?

If you believe what the Bible says, you know why...
I believe what the Bible says...

@Superica28 , this is unfortunately the answer, religious crazies who think we need to support Israel to bring about the apocalypse and salvation or that we think we need some whities as allies in the middle east because brown people = bad.

so religion or racism. Take your pick.

jew here too...

I don’t get it. Not that we should be allies with Hamas or Iran, but what do they do for us other than drag us into the middle of their “holy” war?
e9edd4a3eb1a3bda64717f6dfc475b01.gif

@Superica28 , this is unfortunately the answer, religious crazies who think we need to support Israel to bring about the apocalypse and salvation or that we think we need some whities as allies in the middle east because brown people = bad.

jew here too...
You’re blind right now my friend...that too, is biblical...

jew here too...
Yikes

One giant reason we are in my opinion is because if we were not, they would be “wiped off the map” by other countries over there who hate them with a passion and openly say they want to do that. Without the threat of U.S. led retaliation, they would be in major trouble. We are still the leader of the free world, and despite not always having to play world police, this is one of the biggest no brainers in the name of saving millions of lives. It’s obviously way more complex than this, but it’s not racist or radically religious, it’s humane.

Yeah saving millions of lives is humane, you read it correctly. One of the posters above said choosing to be allies with Israel is for religious crazies or needing “white allies in the Middle East because brown people = bad.”

Reactions: 24TIGER
I was the Special Agent in Charge of then Vice President Biden’s U.S. Secret Service Division while he attended the funeral of Ariel Sharon. Rockets were fired from Gaza (Iron Dome knocked them down) while the burial service was performed at Sharon’s farm/residence. Israel is a our friend and our ally. Some people have absolutely no clue what really goes on in the world. ZERO.
Memorial-service-Ariel-Sh-004.jpg

I’m seated directly behind the Vice President. Shin Bet next to me in red tie. Do some research.
AR-701139733.jpg&updated=201401131919&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80

Directly behind VP wearing yarmulke. Wake up

I was the Special Agent in Charge of then Vice President Biden’s U.S. Secret Service Division while he attended the funeral of Ariel Sharon. Rockets were fired from Gaza (Iron Dome knocked them down) while the burial service was performed at Sharon’s farm/residence. Israel is a our friend and our ally. Some people have absolutely no clue what really goes on in the world. ZERO.

I’m seated directly behind the Vice President. Shin Bet next to me in red tie. Do some research.

How many people have those rockets killed? How many palestinian children have advanced targeted munitions from the IDF killed?

You should be aware of the concept of proportionality in international law. You think Israel's response here is proportional? Is it ever?

Is it ok that Israelis have to have bomb shelters in their houses in case a rocket lands on their heads? Of course not.

Is it ok for Israel to commit war crimes in response? Of course not.

But the question was why we are still allies with a country that frequently commits war crimes. The answer is racism or religion.

How many people have those rockets killed? How many palestinian children have advanced targeted munitions from the IDF killed?

You should be aware of the concept of proportionality in international law. You think Israel's response here is proportional? Is it ever?

Is it ok that Israelis have to have bomb shelters in their houses in case a rocket lands on their heads? Of course not.

But the question was why we are still allies with a country that frequently commits war crimes. The answer is racism or religion.
You have no clue. None. You are arguing with a man that has been briefed by National Security Advisors in The Situation Room in The White House. It’s amazing to me. Truly amazing.

You have no clue. None. You are arguing with a man that has been briefed by National Security Advisors in The Situation Room in The White House. It’s amazing to me. Truly amazing.

the things i typed were wrong? or are you just gonna keep pumping your chest in the air?

you think the israeli response is proportional to the rocket threat?

from what i can see, it looks like a war crime.

You believe what you want. Just be happy that men and women like me stand, guard and protect.. so people like you can say and think what you believe. As far as pumping my chest in the air...that’s so weak. SMDH. Go Tigers.
the things i typed were wrong? or are you just gonna keep pumping your chest in the air?

jew here too...
Wait. Israelis are white but 50 miles east is brown?

Reactions: Clemson Carl3

Cool pics. I only see intelligence and having a democracy as attractions to form an allience.Today, the intel pice makes perfect sense, but 20+ years ago?

tenor.gif
Cool pics. I only see intelligence and having a democracy as attractions to form an allience.Today, the intel pice makes perfect sense, but 20+ years ago?
Hey man. I like your style. We may not agree on everything, but if everyone agrees, no one is thinking.

You are like Woody Woodpecker...the consummate instigator. Kudos Go Tigers. BillyD

I can't tell if this is joke? Are you just totally unaware of how Israel was created?
I personally just found out. I’ve always just believed that it was two countries just fighting over claim to a holy land.

I now know that if this were a marathon, that notion would only be mile 1.

The land is holy to like every religion in some way. There were already people living there. It was under British rule and after ww2 tons of European Jews moved there. Britain split the territory in like 5 parts...between all the religions. Everyone has a somewhat solid claim to the land for one reason or another. Chaos for all eternity.

Hey man. I like your style. We may not agree on everything, but if everyone agrees, no one is thinking.

You are like Woody Woodpecker...the consummate instigator. Kudos Go Tigers. BillyD
Haha thanks I guess. I knew we had some history buffs on here....wanted their takes since things have flared up again.

Reactions: 24TIGER
Unrelated but close friend of mine is part of a very small special ops team. Said if he could pick two guys from any countries in the world to have by his side in close combat, it would be Israel and Australia.

As far as our relationship with Israel... being an ally of theirs is a necessity. Especially when you consider what that area of the world would look like had we not been by their side.

Any arguments that point to religious favoritism or it being a “white country” as the driving forces behind why we need them as an ally just means they spend too much time on Instagram.

Unrelated but close friend of mine is part of a very small special ops team. Said if he could pick two guys from any countries in the world to have by his side in close combat, it would be Israel and Australia.

As far as our relationship with Israel... being an ally of theirs is a necessity. Especially when you consider what that area of the world would look like had we not been by their side.

Any arguments that point to religious favoritism or it being a “white country” as the driving forces behind why we need them as an ally just means they spend too much time on Instagram.

Correct on this. When I served, we did some joint ops with some of the elite Israeli teams and they are as capable as they come. They also pretty much grow up in constant conflict which means most have battle mettle before they ever finish selection school.

Another thing...this is the first time in several years that Hamas has fired rockets at Jerusalem..:the last time they did, Obama was President...
The last four years under Trump have been quiet....& he was the one that made good on his promise to move the American embassy to Jerusalem...which many claimed would cause major conflict (it didn’t btw)...
But less than four months in to the Biden administration, here we are...

This is not one of your better posts. It has nothing to do with racism. It probably has to do with the fact that Jews have been persecuted forever and we have been helping protect them since Israel came into existence.

And Israel has to be tough considering every country that borders them wants to wipe them off the face of the planet.

This is not one of your better posts. It has nothing to do with racism. It probably has to do with the fact that Jews have been persecuted forever and we have been helping protect them since Israel came into existence.

And Israel has to be tough considering every country that borders them wants to wipe them off the face of the planet.
If you've ever been to Israel, you can get a good sense of what they face just by looking at the signs in buildings, schools, street corners, etc around rocket attacks/bombs and nearest shelters. Imagine getting attacked so much you have to have signs up that tell you what to do in the event one occurs? They teach rapid evacuation and triage medical assistance in schools for example.

Whilst I won't pretend I understand why the violence persists or the history, Israel would cease to exist if we walked away from them.

What specifically are you saying is a war crime?

This. There is so little understanding about what goes on over there. And if you look to our news, you won't get it on either side really. Try being in a country where everyone around you wants to exterminate you. It's one of the most democratic (if not the most) nations on Earth. They welcome everyone there. The problem is they are thwarted from real peace by the holy war (It's not Israel's... get your facts straight) of a bunch of terrorists that live around them. It's disgusting and not unpredictable considering the idiotic policies of this President.

Yeah maybe it has more to do with protection since we helped create the country after the worst genocide in history.
THIS. First thing is, there are no "good guys" in the middle east. These folks have been merrily killing each other for all of recorded history. The current mess started after WWII when the Allies created a country for the Jews. The problem is that while this was indeed the historical home of the Jews, the land wasn't unoccupied... And those people were basically told to get out and if they didn't move, they were moved by force.

To put this in perspective, think how you'd feel if an Alliance of France, Germany, Russia, and China came to the US and said that the Cherokee and other tribes that used to live in SC had been treated very poorly. And that they were giving them a new homeland in what used to be SC/NC. "Here's a couple hundred bucks, now grab your stuff and get out". How would that go over with you? So in my opinion, the Palistinians have a gripe...

But that in NO WAY excuses the attacks on civilians and innocents that the PLO and other groups have done.

Israel is kind of in the same boat though. They got placed in a part of the world where everyone wants them dead. Not just behind the scenes, the countries around them say it all out loud and every single one of them has attacked Israel at one time or another. Their backs are figuratively to the wall. There's no place to go, and losing to any of these countries literally means death. That make you either die in a hurry or makes you ruthless and totally bad-ass.

But that in NO WAY excuses the attacks on civilians and innocents that they have done over the decades.

Bottom line here is that EVERYONE's hands are covered in blood (including ours). There are no easy solutions here and this is just the latest installment of people killing each other over different religions in a place where that's always happened.

Last edited:
The Jews have been expelled, persecuted and pogromed for thousands of years and have never been safe in the diaspora. Who can blame them for wanting to return to their ancestral home where they can control their own destiny? Their responses aren't always proportional but they're necessary and send the signal that if you poke the bear, you'll pay the price. The past has shown them that assimilating or passivity only leads to their destruction. They really don't have a choice other than hitting back harder than they've been hit.

THIS. First thing is, there are no "good guys" in the middle east. These folks have been merrily killing each other for all of recorded history. The current mess started after WWII when the Allies created a country for the Jews. The problem is that while this was indeed the historical home of the Jews, the land wasn't unoccupied... And those people were basically told to get out and if they didn't move, they were moved by force.

To put this in perspective, think how you'd feel if an Alliance of France, Germany, Russia, and China came to the US and said that the Cherokee and other tribes that used to live in SC had been treated very poorly. And that they were giving them a new homeland in what used to be SC/NC. "Here's a couple hundred bucks, now grab your stuff and get out". How would that go over with you? So in my opinion, the Palistinians have a gripe...

But that in NO WAY excuses the attacks on civilians and innocents that the PLO and other groups have done.

Israel is kind of in the same boat though. They got placed in a part of the world where everyone wants them dead. Not just behind the scenes, the countries around them say it all out loud and every single one of them has attacked Israel at one time or another. Their backs are figuratively to the wall. There's no place to go, and losing to any of these countries literally means death. That make you either die in a hurry or makes you ruthless and totally bad-ass.

But that in NO WAY excuses the attacks on civilians and innocents that they have done over the decades.

Bottom line here is that EVERYONE's hands are covered in blood (including ours). There are no easy solutions here and this is just the latest installment of people killing each other over different religions in a place where that's always happened.

This 100%. Both sided in this conflict suck, and both have a legitimate beef. Trying to say that one side is wrong and the other is right is just ignorant. I do believe we have some obligation to protect Israel (as does Great Britain). That's probably why we looked the other way when they stole nuclear bomb technology from us.

I would highly recommend reading "Gideon's Spies : The Secret History of the Mossad". Great book.

This 100%. Both sided in this conflict suck, and both have a legitimate beef. Trying to say that one side is wrong and the other is right is just ignorant. I do believe we have some obligation to protect Israel (as does Great Britain). That's probably why we looked the other way when they stole nuclear bomb technology from us.

You need to do some reading and research. Trying to make a moral equivalence between the two sides is just ignorant. The Israeli's are not purely innocent it all this but to say there is anything close to "both sides suck" in this situation is just another attempt to avoid actually taking a stand for what is right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT