ADVERTISEMENT

Winning. Biden brings $20B intel semiconductor plant to Ohio.

but
Does the $52b include the special tax incentives they will have agreed to or is it closer to $60b?
but wait, you guys are always going on about how we are taxing companies too much and losing our competitive advantage. If your boy Trump had done this you would be falling over yourself you massage his nuggets.

Reactions: dpic73
but

but wait, you guys are always going on about how we are taxing companies too much and losing our competitive advantage. If your boy Trump had done this you would be falling over yourself you massage his nuggets.
"Intel's effective tax rate for fiscal years ending December 2016 to 2020 averaged 22.4%. Intel's operated at median effective tax rate of 16.7% from fiscal years ending December 2016 to 2020. Looking back at the last five years, Intel's effective tax rate peaked in December 2017 at 52.8%."

One might argue Intel was able to save enough money from lower tax outlays from 2017-2020 after the whopping amount in 2017 (when Trump's tax cuts took place) to take the R&D gamble but my guess is Intel got a pretty big tax abatement incentive from old Brandon to build it here on top of the margin they were able to recoup. What you're cheering for though is basically Trump's strategy in regards to lower taxation incentives to build more plants in the US. Good to see Biden kept some of his good ideas around to help with his cratering approval rates.

On a personal level, I think it's great to see manufacturing making a come back here but in the long run, it simply won't work as Brandon will force the adoption of Unions (see build back better) and they will drive the COGS up so high the margins won't make sense or the end products will simply be too expensive to buy. There is a reason why no one has bothered trying before 2022.........

"Intel's effective tax rate for fiscal years ending December 2016 to 2020 averaged 22.4%. Intel's operated at median effective tax rate of 16.7% from fiscal years ending December 2016 to 2020. Looking back at the last five years, Intel's effective tax rate peaked in December 2017 at 52.8%."

One might argue Intel was able to save enough money from lower tax outlays from 2017-2020 after the whopping amount in 2017 (when Trump's tax cuts took place) to take the R&D gamble but my guess is Intel got a pretty big tax abatement incentive from old Brandon to build it here on top of the margin they were able to recoup. What you're cheering for though is basically Trump's strategy in regards to lower taxation incentives to build more plants in the US. Good to see Biden kept some of his good ideas around to help with his cratering approval rates.

On a personal level, I think it's great to see manufacturing making a come back here but in the long run, it simply won't work as Brandon will force the adoption of Unions (see build back better) and they will drive the COGS up so high the margins won't make sense or the end products will simply be too expensive to buy. There is a reason why no one has bothered trying before 2022.........

Yes. That's definitely trumps strategy. No politician even before has done that, he came up with it and executed on it. You are 100% correct.

Yes. That's definitely trumps strategy. No politician even before has done that, he came up with it and executed on it. You are 100% correct.
You know what I meant, Trump ran on that strategy.......Joe ran on increasing corp tax, not cutting it regardless of what happens after the fact or in the background. If he wasn't faced with economic collapse and eroding approval ratings, he's not giving Intel huge tax shelters in return for help with lack of production driven inflation.

(I think I posted last year that even Barry was handing Nike huge tax wins while he was sticking it to tech giants)

The reality that both Trump and BIden have gotten wrong (which I also posted last year) is that the only way out of this mess is to force the economy to open back up, just like the UK are doing. What you're seeing in the market is public companies running out of creative ways to hide really bad fundamentals data and the supply chain can't be resolved with dumb mandate after dumb mandate no matter how many big firms decide to come back to the US. If you have access to a Bloomberg terminal, go check the velocity of cashflow through the economy and tell me why it's not looking so great for us. After that, go research the HUGE tax revenue gaps some states are facing which is going to be the next big debacle and after that, corporate debt once interest rates rise.

Last thing I'll say is that the intel move is too little too late.......the factory won't produce a single chip until 2025. We really needed Obama to openly adopt tax abatements in exchange for local investment in order to not be in this position right now and then we needed both dems and repubs to agree that it was in our best interest as a nation to ensure we maintained a unison approach so that we had little dependency on foreign assets for self-sustainability.

Not sure why we collectively don't want to blame both sides for where we are right now but fugg it, let's keep dividing the country into two halves.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
American investment, American jobs. Building back better. Every American should be celebrating this. Thanks Joe!

The wheels were turning on building this plant years before Joe Biden became President

Capital projects of this magnitude of scale probably were conversations at least 4 years ago and then started the progression toward an announcement recently

Just the environmental permits including watershed for example with property selection and purchases started again years ago

Biden got to make the announcement being an opportunist instead of being a builder

The wheels were turning on building this plant years before Joe Biden became President

Capital projects of this magnitude of scale probably were conversations at least 4 years ago and then started the progression toward an announcement recently

Just the environmental permits including watershed for example with property selection and purchases started again years ago

Biden got to make the announcement being an opportunist instead of being a builder

I agree 100%. But you guys cannot have it both ways. You can't blame every bad thing that started before Biden's presidency on him and not give him credit for the good things happening. It doesnt work that way.

• Haha
Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
Great news!!!! Now keep it up, do it 1000 more times ....OR if you cant get manufacturing back to the US, get it to Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, or Brazil .... this side of the Globe and OUT of China. Any company that wishes to sell its goods, especially electronic goods that can connect to the Internet, in the US or allied countries needs to move manufacturing out of China and/or away from companies which are owned/operated/aligned with the CCP.

ban all new student and work VISAs for Chinese citizens and seize any and all Chinese Government/Military property/assets within the US.

And for good measure .... park a few Carrier groups in the South China Sea of the coast of the COUNTRY of Taiwan, and say "Lets dance F*er!"

F* China

I agree 100%. But you guys cannot have it both ways. You can't blame every bad thing that started before Biden's presidency on him and not give him credit for the good things happening. It doesnt work that way.
Things?

Plenty of good things happening in our country right now. Of course you won't here about any of them since you live in a right wing echo chamber. Their job is to convince you that everything is terrible in our country, until an R is elected and then magically, everything will be great the next day.

• Haha
Reactions: JoeBidenSniffsKids
Kinda like all of a sudden when a D was elected all the riots stopped, there where no more cops killing people of color that has made the MSM, and the virus ended....WAIT...

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Kinda like all of a sudden when a D was elected all the riots stopped, there where no more cops killing people of color that has made the MSM, and the virus ended....WAIT...
if you're taking your life guidance from the television i think i may have found the problem.

You pinheads were the ones saying the virus would end after the election (yet another conspiracy). Not me.

You pinheads were the ones saying the virus would end after the election (yet another conspiracy). Not me.
Hmmm...I'm pretty sure that was your president saying he'd stop the virus.

Although to be acurate, there were some far right wingers who thought the virus was a hoax.

"pinhead" NICE!

Plenty of good things happening in our country right now. Of course you won't here about any of them since you live in a right wing echo chamber. Their job is to convince you that everything is terrible in our country, until an R is elected and then magically, everything will be great the next day.
Please elaborate on the plenty of good things without making assumptions of what and where things are heard.

Please elaborate on the plenty of good things without making assumptions of what and where things are heard.
popcorn-watching-tv.gif

It's "Morning in America" all over again.

US gross domestic product grew 5.7% through 2021, the Bureau of Economic Analysis announced Thursday morning.

That marks the strongest annual economic growth since 1984, when President Ronald Reagan was hoping for his second term in the White House.
61f2d480792e7300116be629

this is what you get when you print $$ and pump it into the economy and boast over a growing GDP, all while inflation hits record numbers and Americans disposable income decreases.

dinamit-bom.gif

this is what you get when you print $$ and pump it into the economy and boast over a growing GDP, all while inflation hits record numbers and Americans disposable income decreases.

dinamit-bom.gif

We still have not hit the record inflation we had under Reagan first three years. And of course, under Reagan inflation was a US problem. Right now inflation is a global problem. But it will start going down again this year. Biden is tackling it much more efficiently than Reagan did.

We still have not hit the record inflation we had under Reagan first three years. And of course, under Reagan inflation was a US problem. Right now inflation is a global problem. But it will start going down again this year. Biden is tackling it much more efficiently than Reagan did.
I don't agree, but we can only hope.

Inflation is all on the Biden occupation regime. The vast majority of the reason for this inflation is the price of gas and that's all on numbnuts joe.

It's "Morning in America" all over again.

US gross domestic product grew 5.7% through 2021, the Bureau of Economic Analysis announced Thursday morning.

That marks the strongest annual economic growth since 1984, when President Ronald Reagan was hoping for his second term in the White House.
61f2d480792e7300116be629
GDP growth on paper looks impressive. When you add inflation, it’s not impressive. Let’s see how Q1 plays out. It would be much better to have minimal inflation and a smaller GDP increase. Also, much of Q42021 growth is building back up supplies. Any other good “things” that you think of?

How is Biden efficiently tackling inflation?

Inflation is all on the Biden occupation regime. The vast majority of the reason for this inflation is the price of gas and that's all on numbnuts joe.

That is just a completely ignorant, misinformed statement (not surprising at all coming from you). Did some of Biden's actions contribute? Yes. But so did the actions of your school boy crush Fat Donny T.

The only reason inflation went down in 2020 under trump is because he recklessly led us in to a recession.

GDP growth on paper looks impressive. When you add inflation, it’s not impressive. Let’s see how Q1 plays out. It would be much better to have minimal inflation and a smaller GDP increase. Also, much of Q42021 growth is building back up supplies. Any other good “things” that you think of?

Infrastructure: Passed a much needed, bi-partisan infrastructure package. Something that his predecessor tried and failed to do multiple times. Even republicans that voted against it are now back in their districts trying to take credit for it.

Did not shut down the economy: Unlike his predecessor, Biden has battled COVID without calling for a national shut down and quarantine.

Vaccines: "490 million shots in arms ... At this time last year: less than 1% of Americans were fully vaccinated. Today: More than 71% of American adults are fully vaccinated."

• First shot: "At the start of the year: just one-third of adults were eager to get vaccinated. Today, 85% of adults have had their first shot."
Schools open: When Biden took office, "46% of schools were open. Today, 99% of schools are open."

Jobs: "The economy added nearly six million jobs this year — the most of any first-year president in history. When POTUS took office, ... unemployment was 6.3%. Today it's 4.2%."

• "The average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969. When POTUS took office, over 18 million were receiving unemployment benefits. Today, only 2 million are."
Child poverty: "Because of the [$1.9 trillion] American Rescue Plan and historic economy recovery, child poverty was cut in half."

Long-term unemployed: "In President Biden’s first 10 months, long-term unemployment fell by 1.8 million — the greatest drop in long-term unemployment in U.S. history."

That is just a completely ignorant, misinformed statement (not surprising at all coming from you). Did some of Biden's actions contribute? Yes. But so did the actions of your school boy crush Fat Donny T.

The only reason inflation went down in 2020 under trump is because he recklessly led us in to a recession.
You are wrong. The price of gas is the driving force behind this inflation and that's on Joe Leningrad Biden.

Infrastructure: Passed a much needed, bi-partisan infrastructure package. Something that his predecessor tried and failed to do multiple times. Even republicans that voted against it are now back in their districts trying to take credit for it.

Did not shut down the economy: Unlike his predecessor, Biden has battled COVID without calling for a national shut down and quarantine.

Vaccines: "490 million shots in arms ... At this time last year: less than 1% of Americans were fully vaccinated. Today: More than 71% of American adults are fully vaccinated."

• First shot: "At the start of the year: just one-third of adults were eager to get vaccinated. Today, 85% of adults have had their first shot."
Schools open: When Biden took office, "46% of schools were open. Today, 99% of schools are open."

Jobs: "The economy added nearly six million jobs this year — the most of any first-year president in history. When POTUS took office, ... unemployment was 6.3%. Today it's 4.2%."

• "The average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969. When POTUS took office, over 18 million were receiving unemployment benefits. Today, only 2 million are."
Child poverty: "Because of the [$1.9 trillion] American Rescue Plan and historic economy recovery, child poverty was cut in half."

Long-term unemployed: "In President Biden’s first 10 months, long-term unemployment fell by 1.8 million — the greatest drop in long-term unemployment in U.S. history."
I'll wait for @AugTig to shoot this softballs out of the sky. Good Grief

why are you waiting for someone else to do that? do you not have the information at hand to discredit anything he posted?

i think it's more along the lines of you don't know anything

This is what I love about you guys.

I bring up record setting jobs growth, or record setting GDP growth under Biden, and you immediately retort "That is just bounce back from COVID, has nothing to do with Biden!"

Then you bring up inflation, and its "That is all on Biden, has nothing to do with COVID!" As if Biden somehow went back in time to 2020.- before he was president - and instituted his policies. Inflation started spiking in 2020. All over the world.

But yeah, you right. That was all Biden's fault.

• Haha
Reactions: moradatiger70
why are you waiting for someone else to do that? do you not have the information at hand to discredit anything he posted?

i think it's more along the lines of you don't know anything

This one is true. Trump stumbled over himself on this one, but I must say Mitch did not do him any favors and the dems were okay with that. They knew they’d get it passed if they won the WH, so its been one of their shinning moments, if you want to call it that.

I am in the water/wastewater sector so this Trump infrastructure accomplishment was a shinning star in my book, but people forget about it. (President Trump signed into law the America's Water Infrastructure Act of 2018, allocating more than $6 billion on water infrastructure spending of all kinds. This bipartisan bill authorizes the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to manage water resource projects and policies nationwide.)

Trump never wanted to shut down anything, you buffoon. Why would he? His health experts and the freakin’ MSM tortured his ass for going against “The Science”. Biden hasn’t shut anything down recently because we have a worldwide vaccine (which it's not) that was put in his lap to distribute! Give me freaking break with this one!

Slow Clap here…not because this is great, it is, but any US President with any sense of logistics within his administration should be able to get this done.

First shot: "At the start of the year: just one-third of adults were eager to get vaccinated. Today, 85% of adults have had their first shot." Wonder how many and how long it will take those adults to get…….”THE BOOSTER!” ?

LMAO!!! We where in the beginning and middle of a PAN-DEMIK! (in my best Sam Kinison voice) Yes, finally schools began to reopened as we learned more over time….OH WAIT, did I just hear that many democratic run cities just went back to virtual learning? Nah, that can’t be…I need to get my ears checked!

Am I living in a different universe than you?????

BIDEN’S ECONOMIC CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:

• The U.S. economy added 210,000 jobs in November, missing the expected 573,000 new jobs.
  • Motor vehicles and parts manufacturing LOST 10,000 jobs.
  • General merchandise stores LOST 20,000 jobs.
  • Clothing and clothing accessories stores LOST 18,000 jobs.
  • Sporting goods, hobby, book, and music stores LOST 9,000 jobs.
  • The Labor Force Participation Rates decreased for the following demographics:
    • Black Workers
    • Black Women
    • Asian Workers
    • Hispanic and Latino teenagers
    • Those with less than a high school diploma
    • Those with some college
  • Inflation is taxation and it has gone up every month of Joe Biden’s presidency.
  • In October, the CPI increased by 0.9% to 6.2%, a 30-year record high.
  • Americans are paying more for just about everything because of inflation.
  • Real wages have decreased under Biden 7 out of 9 months since his first full month in office.
"The average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969. When POTUS took office, over 18 million were receiving unemployment benefits. Today, only 2 million are."
Because now it’s more monetarily advantageous for unemployed people to sit their asses at home that find a J.O.B! All the good hard working restaurateurs, mom n pops & travel industry thank you A LOT!

Pump the Breaks Dude!! of course I did not type all this (I’m a lazy old man…)

but I’ll leave you this:

While the economy has recorded some strong numbers in 2021, a previous fact-check of the president's claims noted that much of the progress actually happened under former President Donald Trump.

"Since shrinking by more than 30% in the first six months of 2020, the US economy has recorded a strong bounce back and returned to above pre-pandemic levels," read a BBC analysis of Biden's economic claims last month. "Under Mr. Biden, the US economy has continued to grow this year, but a large part of the recovery happened under former president Donald Trump."
Biden also inherited an economy ravaged by the shutdown policies in response to COVID-19, a fact that BBC noted the president often leaves out of his talking points.

"But this job growth comes from a low base point, given that in April last year, unemployment hit its highest level since the Great Depression of the 1930s," the analysis read. "More than 22 million jobs were lost in the space of two months because of the impact of coronavirus."

Again, due to extenuating circumstances, but let’s hope this stays true! (plus I’m tired of typing)

This was fun! Can we do one on Kamala next?

Please DONATE

This one is true. Trump stumbled over himself on this one, but I must say Mitch did not do him any favors and the dems were okay with that. They knew they’d get it passed if they won the WH, so its been one of their shinning moments, if you want to call it that.

I am in the water/wastewater sector so this Trump infrastructure accomplishment was a shinning star in my book, but people forget about it. (President Trump signed into law the America's Water Infrastructure Act of 2018, allocating more than $6 billion on water infrastructure spending of all kinds. This bipartisan bill authorizes the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to manage water resource projects and policies nationwide.)

Trump never wanted to shut down anything, you buffoon. Why would he? His health experts and the freakin’ MSM tortured his ass for going against “The Science”. Biden hasn’t shut anything down recently because we have a worldwide vaccine (which it's not) that was put in his lap to distribute! Give me freaking break with this one!

Slow Clap here…not because this is great, it is, but any US President with any sense of logistics within his administration should be able to get this done.

First shot: "At the start of the year: just one-third of adults were eager to get vaccinated. Today, 85% of adults have had their first shot." Wonder how many and how long it will take those adults to get…….”THE BOOSTER!” ?

LMAO!!! We where in the beginning and middle of a PAN-DEMIK! (in my best Sam Kinison voice) Yes, finally schools began to reopened as we learned more over time….OH WAIT, did I just hear that many democratic run cities just went back to virtual learning? Nah, that can’t be…I need to get my ears checked!

Am I living in a different universe than you?????

BIDEN’S ECONOMIC CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:

• The U.S. economy added 210,000 jobs in November, missing the expected 573,000 new jobs.
  • Motor vehicles and parts manufacturing LOST 10,000 jobs.
  • General merchandise stores LOST 20,000 jobs.
  • Clothing and clothing accessories stores LOST 18,000 jobs.
  • Sporting goods, hobby, book, and music stores LOST 9,000 jobs.
  • The Labor Force Participation Rates decreased for the following demographics:
    • Black Workers
    • Black Women
    • Asian Workers
    • Hispanic and Latino teenagers
    • Those with less than a high school diploma
    • Those with some college
  • Inflation is taxation and it has gone up every month of Joe Biden’s presidency.
  • In October, the CPI increased by 0.9% to 6.2%, a 30-year record high.
  • Americans are paying more for just about everything because of inflation.
  • Real wages have decreased under Biden 7 out of 9 months since his first full month in office.
"The average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969. When POTUS took office, over 18 million were receiving unemployment benefits. Today, only 2 million are."
Because now it’s more monetarily advantageous for unemployed people to sit their asses at home that find a J.O.B! All the good hard working restaurateurs, mom n pops & travel industry thank you A LOT!

Pump the Breaks Dude!! of course I did not type all this (I’m a lazy old man…)

but I’ll leave you this:

While the economy has recorded some strong numbers in 2021, a previous fact-check of the president's claims noted that much of the progress actually happened under former President Donald Trump.

"Since shrinking by more than 30% in the first six months of 2020, the US economy has recorded a strong bounce back and returned to above pre-pandemic levels," read a BBC analysis of Biden's economic claims last month. "Under Mr. Biden, the US economy has continued to grow this year, but a large part of the recovery happened under former president Donald Trump."
Biden also inherited an economy ravaged by the shutdown policies in response to COVID-19, a fact that BBC noted the president often leaves out of his talking points.

"But this job growth comes from a low base point, given that in April last year, unemployment hit its highest level since the Great Depression of the 1930s," the analysis read. "More than 22 million jobs were lost in the space of two months because of the impact of coronavirus."

Again, due to extenuating circumstances, but let’s hope this stays true! (plus I’m tired of typing)

This was fun! Can we do one on Kamala next?

Please DONATE

Well done on the fact that you included a link in your response to the news "source" where you copied and pasted this drivel, a website called firepelosi.com. That is some A+ critical thinking on your part.

How freakin weak was Donald Trump? He didn't want to shut down the country but he was forced to by the meanie scientists and MSM? What a bitch boy. Not fit to lead the country if that is the case. I honestly cannot believe you are using the "it doesnt count b/c he didnt really want to do it" defense.

Because now it’s more monetarily advantageous for unemployed people to sit their asses at home that find a J.O.B!

If that was true, you would have MORE people on unemployment, not 16MM fewer people. Are you talking about the stimulus checks that went out last March? That was almost a year ago. And if you forgot, a certain morbidly obese former president also sent those checks out, with his name on them.

Good lord man. Take a lap and let the adults talk this one out. It's past your bedtime.

trump-coronavirus-briefing-03-ap-jef-200331_hpEmbed_2_3x2_992.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT