ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

If Buster knew his dad did it, why did he testify on his behalf? Wish we could know what’s going through his head. Not sure whether to feel bad for him or not
Buster is about to be poor. The lawsuits to recover the stolen monies will suck the remaining properties and assets dry.

Reactions: nmerritt11
Where are they gone get it?
I think the financial victims are going to want him found guilty of their crimes and not want their charges dropped if he will plead on the murder charges. They will want the chance to speak at his sentencing for their crimes. Alex has defense as he has admitted it all and he will likely get life for those charges also.

I think the financial victims are going to want him found guilty of their crimes and not want their charges dropped if he will plead on the murder charges. They will want the chance to speak at his sentencing for their crimes. Alex has defense as he has admitted it all and he will likely get life for those charges also.

They aren’t gonna wanna pay the money or spend the time to get nothing. I’m not sure what the benefit is of spending time to fight for something you aren’t getting

Reactions: yemassee
how many times can you be
how many times can you be wrong?
Youre Wrong The Muppets GIF by ABC Network
What am I wrong about? You think he wins on appeal? Won’t get 30 years for murder? Or more?

Where is it you believe I’m wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: CLEMSON96JDH
One surprise to me was why didn’t the Defense spend more effort and time pushing for a later time of death? I thought it was going to be a bigger part of their case. It seemed to me at some point the Defense gave in to the State’s timeline for death. Thoughts?

Because TOD is obvious. There's overwhelming and damning evidence to support TOD at about 8:50. There's no escaping that, and the defense knew it.

Their only shot here, as is the case is many murder trials, was to blame the law. It's all they had.

He is gonna regret being a shithead and getting kicked out of college. But if he’s smart he’ll end up finding a way to make money on all this
I think his girlfriend is an attorney. She's stood by him through this mess, so I'll bet he'll marry her. He won't starve, but he joins the regular folks in making his path in life rosy. The family dynasty on AM's branch of the Murdaugh Dynasty broke and threw AM and Buster to the ground.

Reactions: eubyscott
He will get consecutive life sentences and will never see the light of day again as a free man.
Unless he wins an appeal on these charges, which he could, he won’t even need life sentences to never see the light of day.

He will be sentenced for the financial crimes he’s admitted too as well as federal crimes he committed that haven’t even been brought yet.

He wasn’t getting out of jail no matter what happened in this case.

sorry about my late response -

Waters - maybe he wanted to make it last until closing time yesterday - but it was too monotonous and too long

Griffith - was VERY unimpressed with his presentation - if your life was on the line, was that the argument you would want?

Meadors - brought it home if it can be brought home (still think hung jury) - he humanized the prosecution and he made it about narcissism - "There is only one person that can tell us what happened and he lied"
- "Alex may have loved Maggie, he may have loved Paul - be he loved himself more!"

Meadors may have been reading TI. Pretty sure that last line was somewhere a few pages back. 👏

Some of the rulings of the judge and the fact SLED lied to the grand jury tells me this will eventually get overturned.

I don’t know man, there is so much evidence against this guy.… Talk about career suicide in the State of SC, you couldn’t go out in public again if you were THAT judge.

I think his girlfriend is an attorney. She's stood by him through this mess, so I'll bet he'll marry her. He won't starve, but he joins the regular folks in making his path in life rosy. The family dynasty on AM's branch of the Murdaugh Dynasty broke and threw AM and Buster to the ground.
She is an attorney and fun fact she was the one Buster was cheating off of in law school. She almost got the boot with him.

Unless he wins an appeal on these charges, which he could, he won’t even need life sentences to never see the light of day.

He will be sentenced for the financial crimes he’s admitted too as well as federal crimes he committed that haven’t even been brought yet.

He wasn’t getting out of jail no matter what happened in this case.
I want a stiff sentence for the misdemeanor last week. Throw away the key!

One surprise to me was why didn’t the Defense spend more effort and time pushing for a later time of death? I thought it was going to be a bigger part of their case. It seemed to me at some point the Defense gave in to the State’s timeline for death. Thoughts?

It‘s really hard to get past both Paul and Maggie’s phones going dark with in a minute or two of each other. Both were prolific users and had plenty of activity leading up to the that time period. Paul was in like 3 different conversations using various apps and then just stops.

You can argue TOD all you want. A reasonable individual will conclude that the phone activity stopped because they were no longer alive.

Last edited:
They aren’t gonna wanna pay the money or spend the time to get nothing. I’m not sure what the benefit is of spending time to fight for something you aren’t getting

At this point it is two fold. Optics for the AG and State as well as a back up plan to the eventual appeal. No way they don’t go after the financial stuff. He will probably plea and take 30 years. He is going to get a lot more than that for the murders.

I’m not following you. They will be getting a guilty verdict or he can plead guilty for the financial crimes. He lied And stole all those peoples money. People that really needed it. The state will still
prosecute the financial crimes to the fullest. I don’t see the state dealing at all with Alex. The case is too high profile and those financial victims are going to want their day in court and a chance to speak at his sentencing

Typical office is a administrative assistant and law clerk. Admin stays in their home office and the law clerk typically travels the circuit with the Judge and is in the courtroom etc. Not a ton of research at the circuit level from the clerk or staff.
I clerked for a federal judge more than a couple of years ago, but I didn't know how much support SC state judges have. It can be a lot of work.

Reactions: tigeratcu
I’m mostly sad about this cause we won’t hit 500k views. I really wanted to get there.

Cheer up young man, only 11 K more to go. I think we are there by this time tomorrow night, Saturday at the latest.

I’m not following you. They will be getting a guilty verdict or he can plead guilty for the financial crimes. He lied And stole all those peoples money. People that really needed it. The state will still
prosecute the financial crimes to the fullest. I don’t see the state dealing at all with Alex. The case is too high profile and those financial victims are going to want their day in court and a chance to speak at his sentencing
Alot will depend on what these lawyers assigned to dig into his assets find. Cannot get blood out of a turnip. Believe retirement accounts are not fair game and he apparently has 2.5 million in that. He cashed in an IRA to pay for his defense.

My wife was a court reporter for years. She witnessed firsthand some brutal trials. The one thing she could never understand was how defendants could just sit there showing no emotion while being found guilty of brutal acts. She chalks it up to pure evil. She brought up the fact that Alex showed no emotion as the verdict was being read.

Wow, just saw footage of Griffin going over "why did he lie?"... "well he lied because...well he told you he lied....because he's an addict. He has a closet full of skeletons and didn't want any more scrutiny on what he did."

umm....probably not the best closing argument
The more I’ve seen of Griffin’s closing the more I’m thinking WTF. Did Alex force this? Did Poot refuse to do it? Did Griffin do it to sink Alex? I mean it was as horrific and uninspiring as you could imagine. He read a sheet of paper and it was obvious he didn’t believe 90% of what he was saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT