ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

The thread should be renamed as Murdaugh Crimes to carry us through the financial trials. Testimony was introduced in the criminal trial linking the criminal enterprise through motive.
Financial crimes won’t go to trial now. He’s already admitted to it. He will have a life in prison sentence before they even add the financial sentences.

Reactions: yemassee
Bastard should do 30 years for being irresponsible gun owners. Holy crap in all my years of hunting and shooting with guns, I’ve always known where they are at. They’d leave them in duck blinds, unlocked cars, friends houses. Never seen such carelessness
They left their dishes in the living room after dinner for the maid to clean the next day. Slobs

How does the jury vote work. Do they take an initial vote before discussing? If so, is the thought the vote was either unanimous or close to unanimous? Some discussions and then another vote that led to verdict?

Not a plea but to say we accept this if you don’t send him back to trial for the financial shit

Way more charges out there
The victims of the financial crimes are going to want their share of justice so I assume they will insist their charges go to trial although since he has admitted all of it under oath he might as well just plead guilty

In a weird way I think AM is probably relieved that he doesnt need to keep lying anymore. I know that's a hard thing for most people to understand, but when you've had to do it for as many years as he has, it becomes truly debilitating.

As someone who's been charged with a crime (misdemeanor) and faced a jury, I can tell you that AM's reaction, and that of Buster, would have been much different had he been innocent on any level.

Had no idea who Alan Wilson was before this trial, but he just got himself re-elected with that press conference.

Reactions: nmerritt11
The victims of the financial crimes are going to want their share of justice so I assume they will insist their charges go to trial although since he has admitted all of it under oath he might as well just plead guilty

Where are they gone get it?

Not a plea but to say we accept this if you don’t send him back to trial for the financial shit

Way more charges out there
Accept life , which is what he is gonna get from this judge. Right now he is the only one that counts as he does the sentencing

Plea? For what? He was just found guilty. To late to plea.

I’m not a lawyer dammit…beg plead and bargain and agree to not appeal and accept the sentence in order to not go to trial for any of the other crimes he committed

And transparency I have no idea of this is possible. He’s getting minimum 30 years

Reactions: jeffcoat
In a weird way I think AM is probably relieved that he doesnt need to keep lying anymore. I know that's a hard thing for most people to understand, but when you've had to do it for as many years as he has, it becomes truly debilitating.

As someone who's been charged with a crime (misdemeanor) and faced a jury, I can tell you that AM's reaction, and that of Buster, would have been much different had he been innocent on any level.

Agreed. I agree with others assessment that he’s a narcissist. So much so, that I think he’ll get over this, and he’ll be running some shit in the pen.

Reactions: Ghetto III
It's definitely not over with. Still have the financial trial plus the Mallory Beach lawsuit. Wouldn't be surprised if Alex "Epsteined" himself before he has to deal with the rest of his cases.
Pretty sure the Beach lawsuit settled a couple weeks ago at least as far as the Murdaughs are concerned. The gas station, Parker’s, has yet to be settled. Primary person responsible is dead and no juice left to squeeze from Alec.

Sociopaths and narcissists tend not to commit suicide. He still thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room.

Financial crimes won’t go to trial now. He’s already admitted to it. He will have a life in prison sentence before they even add the financial sentences.
how many times can you be wrong?
Youre Wrong The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

You're deflecting. AM is a narcissist and does not have the emotions and feelings of a regular person like you. Lying is the bread and butter to AM's life and is how he's gotten so much ill-gained wealth. He is likely more comfortable with lying than telling the truth because telling the truth uncovers that AM is a fraud.

How does the jury vote work. Do they take an initial vote before discussing? If so, is the thought the vote was either unanimous or close to unanimous? Some discussions and then another vote that led to verdict?
I don't know. Or maybe they reveiwed the evidence & timline for a couple of hours and then voted, and all voted guilty.

You're deflecting. AM is a narcissist and does not have the emotions and feelings of a regular person like you. Lying is the bread and butter to AM's life and is how he's gotten so much ill-gained wealth. He is likely more comfortable with lying than telling the truth because telling the truth uncovers that AM is a fraud.

Oh. I like this. Your honor, motion to strike my previous post!

If Buster knew his dad did it, why did he testify on his behalf? Wish we could know what’s going through his head. Not sure whether to feel bad for him or not

Reactions: yemassee

The jury does whatever it wants. There are no instructions regarding deliberation style or protocol.

I do believe this jury was unanimous before the judge charged them.

I don't know. Or maybe they reveiwed the evidence & timline for a couple of hours and then voted, and all voted guilty.
Usually juries, just as soon as they get in the room take a straw poll before they even discuss just to get a feel for where everyone is. After they see where they are then they start getting into the brass tacks. Something tells me it never got that far. I think from the overwhelming evidence a straw poll was all it took.

Where are they gone get it?
The artist formerly know as PMPED, palmetto state bank and anyone else that participated in the fraud. I know many have been repaid but there certainly could be more victims.

I don’t disagree that he may arrange a deal on the financial crimes and avoid court but he’s gonna appeal the murder conviction. Of course with this dude who knows he may want to go to trial because he thinks he’s just that slick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT