ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Any chance this is related to some other mess and not the boating incident?
Answering my own question, the chance is of course 0% or 100%. I’m sure that all possibilities are going to be considered.

Reactions: BigShotBobby
Serious question, when you were 21 did you never do anything that could have gone bad and it put you in the same situation? Is it because he is rich he and his mother deserved to die for boating while intoxicated? If you are perfect, then throw those stones. I know there have been plenty of times I’ve been drinking or drunk and made stupid decisions that thankfully didn’t cause me to be in that kids situation. Maybe you think I should die for making those decisions.
Wut?

Serious question, when you were 21 did you never do anything that could have gone bad and it put you in the same situation? Is it because he is rich he and his mother deserved to die for boating while intoxicated? If you are perfect, then throw those stones. I know there have been plenty of times I’ve been drinking or drunk and made stupid decisions that thankfully didn’t cause me to be in that kids situation. Maybe you think I should die for making those decisions.

Same here. I thank god everyday that I am still on earth after my 20s. And 30s. It only takes a nanosecond that can change your life. I didn't respect that until my early 40s.

If you ever find yourself there by accident, drive slow. It’s a speed trap.
it’s kinda between Savanah River Plant (ala, the bomb plant) and Hilton Head.
You’re not joking. Got pulled over for doing 32 in a 30 right off of 278 one time. The officer had no shame at all in telling me that he was pulling me over for doing “32 in a 30” after I told him that I did not think I was speeding. I had just moved there (lived in Varnville briefly)- had not visited the DMV to have my license updated. He started lecturing me about unsafe speeds in “his” town. I informed him that I had just moved there. He ripped up my ticket, wrote me a warning, and said, “Welcome to Hampton county. Slow it down.”

Folks on tMB are saying that the person in this article was the mom of the daughter. No idea if true. Just passing on info.

Why would such a person be released immediately into the world?

Not!!
Look it up. AR means Armalite Rifle.
You are correct sir. Per normal

However, this BS that is was an AR-14,15,16,17,18,....assault rifle....

Are you kidding me?
The calibers available in 'those' weapons are available in MANY weapons. Lots.
There is no way to tell what barrel any bullet came from unless you have THAT barrel.

I mean, seriously.........was the gun left behind?

Such 'jump to conclusion crap' .......just like all the Perry Mason, Columbo, Get Smart type of people on this board that ALREADY have the answer.

hint, hint:

This is a terrible tradgedy beyond most people's imagination.
Wrong and right and good and bad are not on trial here.

This is a terrible, horrible, unimaginable situation.

Prayers need to flow upward.

Only morons would say these two deserved to die. But he certainly should accept responsibility for his negligent and reckless actions. This case recks of good old boy southern politics for a power family and quite frankly the boy's father needs to accept some responsibility for the murder of his wife and child.which I am sure he will never do since he did not teach his child that.

Just an awful awful tragedy that never had to happen.

Reactions: my95GTHO
One article said that both victims were shot multiple times..... usually people do not commit suicide by shooting themselves multiple times with either an assault rifle or a shotgun.
or use a different gun to shot the victim than themself

"negotiated"?

You KNOW I'm with you on this.
Just the term.

Don't think there was any negotiation.
God doesn't do that. You know that well, as I do.

HE took them.

...............what a Blessing.
Wonder if HE has just one left? Pick me! Pick me!
Probably not the best choice of words as normally used. Probably should have said, "dealt with" or something similar

Reactions: tigerworx
VaTiger85 said:
Saying that the general public is believed not to be in danger insinuates that he killed her and then himself, no?
NO.....how to you come up with that

Santee... I made this statement yesterday when the information that, allegedly, both had been shot multiple times had not been made public. The only information was from the HHI Packet article that identified the victims and stated that the authorities said the general public was not believed to be in danger.

But this whole deal still seems like it has a lot more that will become known in the next few days for sure.

Don't rule out a murder/suicide. One was killed with an assault rifle, the other with a shotgun. A shotgun is often the weapon of choice for a suicide. Put the barrel in mouth and pull trigger. No doubt about the outcome. If its not a murder/suicide, it means that at least 2 people did it. Why kill the mother if you want to harm the son? Catch him somewhere alone and do it.

Don't rule out a murder/suicide. One was killed with an assault rifle, the other with a shotgun. A shotgun is often the weapon of choice for a suicide. Put the barrel in mouth and pull trigger. No doubt about the outcome. If its not a murder/suicide, it means that at least 2 people did it. Why kill the mother if you want to harm the son? Catch him somewhere alone and do it.
It would seem that "both shot multiple times" would rule out this theory.

Well if the husband/dad did it, then they may never be able to prove it.

I mean, not many people in the world would know better how to make this look like what he wants it to look like. And then play the legal game to the max going forward.

Combine that with his influence in the area and this has the makings of dragging out for 10 years if he was involved.

I'll second that. I used to have an office across the hall from him. Interesting times, for sure, but yes he loves thinking of himself as do-gooder professional journalist. It's usually a one-sided dirt piling article written in crayon.
Folks is a piece of work for sure. However, is there anyone or any platform in the mainstream SC media that actually does investigative reporting anymore? I mean the most we get is why someone has to deal with flash floods in their yard or speeders on their road. Those things are important to the affected parties sure, but not to me. You have to be able to cut through his biases and BS but there is usually something to the articles on his site. He's basically just filling a vacuum that exists due the lack of investigative media. Now there are some that are just through it up and see what sticks, but the dude does somehow have some connections.

Mr. Murdaugh being a person of interest sounds like SOP at this point. Does not mean anything. He found the bodies. His alibi might not have been fully vetted and verified. Doubt that an actual "source" revealed this info.

Mr. Murdaugh being a person of interest sounds like SOP at this point. Does not mean anything. He found the bodies. His alibi might not have been fully vetted and verified. Doubt that an actual "source" revealed this info.
yeah - low-hanging fruit for Fitsnews (only one reporting that so far as far as I can tell). Click-bait headline. I'll wait for the journalistic community I trust to report it before I believe it. I agree with a poster above that it is SOP for Alex to be a person of interest since Alex found them. Investigators first look to clear family and close friends.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Folks is a piece of work for sure. However, is there anyone or any platform in the mainstream SC media that actually does investigative reporting anymore? I mean the most we get is why someone has to deal with flash floods in their yard or speeders on their road. Those things are important to the affected parties sure, but not to me. You have to be able to cut through his biases and BS but there is usually something to the articles on his site. He's basically just filling a vacuum that exists due the lack of investigative media. Now there are some that are just through it up and see what sticks, but the dude does somehow have some connections.
Post & Courier, I believe, has an investigative team on staff. Plus, they are adding branches all over the state - Greenville, Columbia, MB. Would assume Rock Hill is next, if needed.

I don't think anyone doubts that Folks has sources. I think the issue most have with him is that he doesn't seem to confirm things told to him. So, a "source" can say what they want and get it printed.

I too question how such a statement can be realeased. How does someone murder 2 people in cold blood yet the public in that area has nothing to worry about.

That doesn't scream murder/suicide but it also tells us this wasn't random and the police must know something
There ay have been a "message" of some type left at the crime scene that made it clear it was a targeted killing. Also if there were no signs of theft etc...., it can be deduced that it was a focused crime and not a generalized event that could spill over into the community. That statement is not unusual in such a case.

The husband has a solid alibi but with his background in law, even if for some crazy reason he did this you'd think he knew to have that covered. Im sure it was someone who hated them.

Whatever Folks says or reports is based on gossip. He reports on unsubstantiated rumors or completely makes them up like in the case with Nikki Haley (which he was paid to do). He has always and will always be a huge loser and gives journalism a bad name with his “unnamed sources” or “someone close to the situation”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT