ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

So does that correlate to you're likely dirty or average out to no way in hades?
I think the difference is when Lawyers steal it’s usually more public and because it’s a position of public trust it’s qualitatively dirtier.

As for me I might “accidentally” take a cold beer out of the wrong cooler at your tailgate but that’s about as bad as it gets.

I think the difference is when Lawyers steal it’s usually more public and because it’s a position of public trust it’s qualitatively dirtier.

As for me I might “accidentally” take a cold beer out of the wrong cooler at your tailgate but that’s about as bad as it gets.
I thought that was called "sharing "

AM is one of the other 4. One of the others is still in jail in FL. One of the others did time in SC and is out. Those other two were year before AM and CF and me.

What was Carmen Mullens maiden name?

Also Todd Ellis was a 1L my third year. He has not yet been indicted to my knowledge but hope springs eternal.

Todd Ellis get busted will be beautiful!

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Alex Murdaugh served 13 years on the governing body of the state’s trial lawyers association, called the S.C. Association for Justice, and was the group’s president in 2015-2016.

Not sure an organizational leadership position means you're ethical. Perhaps it means you're well-liked, well-connected, feared, have a book of business to share, or some combination of these. Those in positions of power bestow power on their friends and family.

Ethics and the Trial Lawyers Association do not belong in the same sentence. This is truly the group that gives lawyers a bad name. I have a friend who teaches ethics at USC Law. He wrote an affidavit for the house keeper's family saying that AM's action were not consistent with ethical standards Prior to the case, he was up for the board of directors. After he wrote the affidavit, he was asked to leave the association because he took an role in a case against "one of our prominent members".

M

Did you sit "with" them or just in the room with them?

Needs some assurance you are OK...I have always have thought so but inquiring minds need to know
Well let’s see. Alex and Cory were classmates. Friday night at a bar in a group a little here and there. The other two, much closer. Deeply disappointing both situations.

AM is one of the other 4. One of the others is still in jail in FL. One of the others did time in SC and is out. Those other two were year before AM and CF and me.

What was Carmen Mullens maiden name?

Also Todd Ellis was a 1L my third year. He has not yet been indicted to my knowledge but hope springs eternal.
Carmen was Carmen Tevis and was behind us in law school. She may have been in Todd Ellis' class, I can't recall.

My only good AM story was that he sprayed mustard all over the goodwill blazer I was wearing after my team won a golf tournament we played at Sedgeweed...

The best line:

"We don't know exactly goes on at the Men's Barbecue (event with the Murdaugh men and Corey), but we think it's like a French Salon--but the opposite."

Wait, so new episode of the MMP or new podcast altogether?

Reactions: yemassee
The best line:

"We don't know exactly goes on at the Men's Barbecue (event with the Murdaugh men and Corey), but we think it's like a French Salon--but the opposite."
I wish they were more objective.
Wait, so new episode of the MMP or new podcast altogether?
New episode that talks about CF’s alleged involvement.

I wish they were more objective.

New episode that talks about CF’s alleged involvement.
She lost all objectivity the moment she tasted the least bit of fame. It will be interesting to see how her career plays out once this is done.

Aside from all the other annoying things she does that have already been covered, it‘s odd how she seemingly begins each podcast with “I don’t know…”

Carmen was Carmen Tevis and was behind us in law school. She may have been in Todd Ellis' class, I can't recall.

My only good AM story was that he sprayed mustard all over the goodwill blazer I was wearing after my team won a golf tournament we played at Sedgeweed...
That’s great. I only played in that tournament one year and we won it. I remember the post party was at Hooters. Were you on my team LOL?

That’s great. I only played in that tournament one year and we won it. I remember the post party was at Hooters. Were you on my team LOL?
It was indeed at Hooters. I think I scored a sweet pair of boxers and a wife beater as my swag. We certainly could have been teammates... I just remember laughing about the mustard as I couldn't have cared less about a jacket from Goodwill.

OK, so who among us knows Yemassee Police Chief Gregory Anderson? He is believed to have received a check for $5k from AM a month after the double homicide. He claims it was for a "loan" for his parents. He is allegedly of questionable character.

Might be nothing. Might be something.

@yemassee you got anything interesting to share here?

Last edited:
OK, so who among us knows Yemassee Police Chief Gregory Anderson? He is believed to have received a check for $5k from AM a month after the double homicide? He claims it was for a "loan" for his parents. He is allegedly of questionable character.

Sweet. A new plot twist

• Haha
OK, so who among us knows Yemassee Police Chief Gregory Anderson? He is believed to have received a check for $5k from AM a month after the double homicide? He claims it was for a "loan" for his parents. He is allegedly of questionable character.

Do not know him personally but others that do say he is a good guy.

"Multiple sources have told FITSNews that Murdaugh and Alexander were close. It has even been suggested by several Hampton locals that Alexander may have been “on scene” in the immediate aftermath of the Moselle homicide – even though his jurisdiction does not cover the Islandton, S.C. address."

No idea what the truth is, but fits a pattern of taking care of those helping spin the web of opaqueness to hide the reality.

Wonder if and/or which client's account that money came from? Remember, AM's attorneys have said he's cash 💸 strapped.

"Multiple sources have told FITSNews that Murdaugh and Alexander were close. It has even been suggested by several Hampton locals that Alexander may have been “on scene” in the immediate aftermath of the Moselle homicide – even though his jurisdiction does not cover the Islandton, S.C. address."

No idea what the truth is, but fits a pattern of taking care of those helping spin the web of opaqueness to hide the reality.

Wonder if and/or which client's account that money came from? Remember, AM's attorneys have said he's cash 💸 strapped.
I was really taken aback by this man's previous indictment for wrongdoing as a law enforcement officer. But couldn't figure out if he ever went to jail. Hmmm. Wonder if AM got him out of all that trouble and he owes AM for his literal freedom. Could be a fun rabbit hole to go down.

eta: Chief Gregory Alexander was found not guilty in 2016 by a jury in Hampton County.
eta again.: Get this folks, Carmen Mullen presided over the case.

Last edited:

Not sure what a Yemassee police chief could do a month after the murders. It was already in SLED's hands by then.

Not sure what a Yemassee police chief could do a month after the murders. It was already in SLED's hands by then.
Article content led me to believe he was physically there. If not his jurisdiction, why? The reason why crime scenes are secured is to preserve the scene and prevent evidence tampering. If I wanted to cover my tracks, I would want the scene to be tampered with and evidence tainted so my high-priced legal assassins (aka attorneys) could have a field day building reasonable doubt. (Not saying anyone did anything, but if I were a crook I would not want to be incarcerated.)

don't think it was a month after. It was "in the immediate aftermath." I suppose that could be interpreted multiple ways but I took I to mean he turned up THAT night. The night AM found his wife and son dead. My first thought was WTH was he doing there, but after reading that he and AM are "close" I started hoping it was just a close friend offering support.

edit to clarify: the $5000.00 check was given to the Yemassee police chief a month after the killings.

Last edited:
Article content led me to believe he was physically there. If not his jurisdiction, why? The reason why crime scenes are secured is to preserve the scene and prevent evidence tampering. If I wanted to cover my tracks, I would want the scene to be tampered with and evidence tainted so my high-priced legal assassins (aka attorneys) could have a field day building reasonable doubt. (Not saying anyone did anything, but if I were a crook I would not want to be incarcerated.)

Yea I don't care this legal financial crap. Whom/ who killed two people?

Reactions: jwlcpa
Journalism at its finest.

Paul Murdaugh killed Mallory Beach, the evidence is quite clear on that one. Others may have been complicit, but he was clearly responsible for her death.
I would agree that the evidence weighs in that direction, but until it's proven in a court of law, it's an allegation. Rule of Law organizes society even in situations like this.

This is exactly what I heard from someone in the legal community. He was the first one on the scene after the killings. I can’t say for sure, but based on the source, I took it as fact at the time.
And what I heard about him was not what Yemassee heard, he was described as being shady and a Murdaugh guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT