ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

When all this came to light and I learned about PMPED office building being called "The House that CSX Built", it brought up some memories that finally made sense to me.

My uncle used to represent CSX as a large part of his business (don't know if he still does or not) but he used to always stop by our house in Spartanburg on his way to trials and investigative work for trials. He always talked about having to go back down to middle of nowhere SC. Come to find out it was Hampton and I always found it odd that he had to go down there. Needless to say he hasn't really gone back down there in a while, which makes sense with the law being changed regarding where you can file suit.
Was that for the Aiken train incident? A friend of mine was involved with the environmental cleanup. I know it has probably been posted, but I am interested in the big or small cases that this firm brought that gave the town the reputation it has today. Is it true that Wal-Mart was advised to not open a store there because of them or is that just a myth. Did they really have a case in that train accident just because the train rolled through there before crashing all the way up in Aiken? Just curious.

Reactions: my95GTHO
Was that for the Aiken train incident? A friend of mine was involved with the environmental cleanup. I know it has probably been posted, but I am interested in the big or small cases that this firm brought that gave the town the reputation it has today. Is it true that Wal-Mart was advised to not open a store there because of them or is that just a myth. Did they really have a case in that train accident just because the train rolled through there before crashing all the way up in Aiken? Just curious.
I honestly don't know. This was when I was younger and my uncle never mentioned specifics of cases. I just knew it was due to a variety of train incidents.

But I do believe it's accurate that the town doesn't have a Wal-Mart because of PMPED's reputation and methods of business.

Graniteville was Norfolk Southern, not CSX

I honestly don't know. This was when I was younger and my uncle never mentioned specifics of cases. I just knew it was due to a variety of train incidents.

But I do believe it's accurate that the town doesn't have a Wal-Mart because of PMPED's reputation and methods of business.
I heard Wal Mart had the land to build a store but eventually gave said land to the county because the lawsuits had already started...prior to building.

Does anyone have a good Twitter live feed for coverage of the trial?

I'm in training all day today and tomorrow and can't watch the trial (although I can listen the next day on a podcast that reboradcasts the entire day).
@AveryGWilks Twitter
P&C reporter…funny too….
Late reply, didn’t see where y’all already recommended…ignore

Reactions: TigerTC
After listening to the corruption in the financial crimes, it makes you wonder just how corrupt the big-time politicians are.

Alex is a small town guy in a small state. Prior to this, I had never heard of him. Just imagine how corrupt the professional crooks and lobbyist are.

Shouldn't we audit every congressman/woman collecting a check or representing the US? Seems like a no brainer, no?

How do we have Millionaires in Government?

Last edited:
After listening to the corruption in the financial crimes, it makes you wonder just how corrupt the big-time politicians are.

Alex is a small town guy in a small state. Prior to this, I had never heard of him. Just imagine how corrupt the professional crooks and lobbyist are.

Shouldn't we audit every congressman/woman collecting a check or representing the US? Seems like a no brainer, no?
They don’t stay in office as a career cause they are patriots doing their duty, they all leave a hell of a lot richer than when they arrived. That’s a fact

I heard Wal Mart had the land to build a store but eventually gave said land to the county because the lawsuits had already started...prior to building.
Accurate. Purchased land for around $500,000. “Local” counsel in Columbia advised if they built there every slip and fall in a Walmart in South Carolina would be tried in Hampton and they would lose massively.

Reactions: my95GTHO
Now that they have allowed the financial crimes in, it's almost as if the murder charges have taken a backseat. I get the feeling that the prosecution knows they don't have enough to get a conviction unless they continue to hammer the financial stuff.

Reactions: GrayCourtStomp

This area of the state is full of corrupt lawyers and judges. They are all nervous as hell now.

You'll have to search for it, but at the beginning of all this I read a long article about the history of the law firm and CSX lawsuits. I'll try to find it when I get home and on my laptop.

Last edited:
Is this the Murdaugh's way of saying free Alec or we blow this place up?
I was just finally starting to think that myself. So if he beats the murder chargers I bet he starts talking his way out of every thing else by ratting on many others

Reactions: yemassee
Now that they have allowed the financial crimes in, it's almost as if the murder charges have taken a backseat. I get the feeling that the prosecution knows they don't have enough to get a conviction unless they continue to hammer the financial stuff.
By my count (based on following the trial on Twitter) there were five witnesses today. Only two testified about financial crimes. The other three witnesses testified about GSR and the movement of AM's Suburban, all of which are highly relevant to the actual murder.

Almost all of the financial testimony was on the 404(b) motion and not in front of the jury.

You'll have to search for it, but at the beginning of all this I read a long article about the history of the law firm and CSX lawsuits. I'll try to find it when I get home and on my laptop.
Weren’t one of the grand fathers or great grandfathers killed by a train? I want to say he was sick and possibly got” stuck” on tracks on purpose, or rumored he did it on purpose

No the judge has made it clear that the financial piece is not for anything other than motive…

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
No the judge has made it clear that the financial piece is not for anything other than motive…
Exactly! Look at what happened after the murders. The Law Firm basically forgot about the financial crimes and Paul’s case was forgotten about. It was exactly what he was going for. He got empathy from everyone around him.

The question is, can the jury understand the magnitude, or what it meant to Alex, of keeping the family legacy alive? It meant everything to him and that’s hard to understand for someone who could never fathom what that means.

He knew what he was hiding. He also feared it all coming to light and what it would mean…

His grandfather parked his car on the tracks and was killed. Wrongful death suit followed. The old ladies will tell you he left a suicide note.

Yall know Tinsley is a Clemson grad, right?
Missed this originally, but used he and his firm (on recommendation) vs
Progressive on an idiot that was text/driving and going abt 65 in a 45 and rear ended me full speed. Wasn't gonna pursue initially until they denied claim/fault and tried to claim a road rage incident. I was at a dead stop,signal on, waiting to turn into work. . I had dashcam. They were,savage and awesome.

Missed this originally, but used he and his firm (on recommendation) vs
Progressive on an idiot that was text/driving and going abt 65 in a 45 and rear ended me full speed. Wasn't gonna pursue initially until they denied claim/fault and tried to claim a road rage incident. I was at a dead stop,signal on, waiting to turn into work. . I had dashcam. They were,savage and awesome.
I dont know him but he gave them hell the other day.

"Well you thought wrong.... you probably got confused. It's a lot of paperwork" . "I can tell you've never tried a a civil trial" "I don't need a forensic financial investigator to seek out what a 5 yr old could understand "l

Mercy, no wonder they called in a bomb threat.

Last edited:
Have any idea what cancer he seems to have defeated...stage 4 whatever it was??
Have not heard him disclose at all. Know he lost a ton of weight battling but dude is legit.

Edit: this was an under ~$10k settlement after vehicle and medical btw. Nothing like AM's scams.

Last edited:
I guess I did a bad job of explaining my point. I know it's only to use to show motive but I feel as though they have went to sharing as much of the financial info to paint him as a bad person because the evidence is not there for a conviction. Jmo

Reactions: GrayCourtStomp
"Well you thought wrong.... you probably got confused. It's a lot of paperwork" . "I can tell you've never tried a a civil trial" "I don't need a forensic financial investigator to seek out what a 5 yr old could understand "l

The defense counsel pissed him. Can’t wait to see how Round 2 goes.

I guess I did a bad job of explaining my point. I know it's only to use to show motive but I feel as though they have went to sharing as much of the financial info to paint him as a bad person because the evidence is not there for a conviction. Jmo

They had to do it twice because the first time the jury was not allow in. It was a little over a day of testimony that just had to be repeated

The majority of the testimony has been the timeline and proving he was there which has 100% happened.

They have not put as much emphasis on the financial stuff as you think. It just had to be repeated because judge wanted to hear and see if it was relevant and then they had to do it again once he approved it into evidence

On my farm is a shooting range where I and friends meet to shoot all kind of rifles, pistols, and shotguns at paper targets. Many of my pants, shirts, and jackets will have gun powder residue on them, if tested by SLED. If someone was killed on my farm and since gun powder will be found on my clothes, am I guilty of killing someone? Now I think Alex did it, but can they PROVE that he did it? This reminds me of OJ. The plot thickens.
I get ya but the raincoat was found at his PARENT'S house not his farm. You know many terminally ill and alzhiemer's patients that shoot...and in the rain?

I get ya but the raincoat was found at his PARENT'S house not his farm. You know many terminally ill and alzhiemer's patients that shoot...and in the rain?

This bigger thing to me is where are the clothes he had on earlier and why can’t they be produced?

And why were his clothes completely dry and looked like they came out of the dryer when he was soaking wet from sweat

He said he wasn’t there and he wasnt

The raincoat means little to me…where are the clothes he was wearing earlier and how were his clothes perfect when he was sweating

Why did he say he tried to turn Paul and check his pulse yet have zero blood on him when the investigator said it would be impossible to not have blood based on how he found bodies

They may create doubt but these paired with all his lies are damming to me

This is so good I watched it again.

This bigger thing to me is where are the clothes he had on earlier and why can’t they be produced?

And why were his clothes completely dry and looked like they came out of the dryer when he was soaking wet from sweat

He said he wasn’t there and he wasnt

The raincoat means little to me…where are the clothes he was wearing earlier and how were his clothes perfect when he was sweating

Why did he say he tried to turn Paul and check his pulse yet have zero blood on him when the investigator said it would be impossible to not have blood based on how he found bodies

They may create doubt but these paired with all his lies are damming to me
Someone referred to an outbuilding/shed on Randolphs property burning to the ground shortly after this. That'd be my guess for clothes

Someone referred to an outbuilding/shed on Randolphs property burning to the ground shortly after this. That'd be my guess for clothes

Agreed…they’ll likely create doubt but people are putting too much emphasis on the finances. It’s a small piece simply to create additional motive because if his financial hardship and how it was about to be exposed between Paul’s trial and a likely divorce

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT