ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Agreed…they’ll likely create doubt but people are putting too much emphasis on the finances. It’s a small piece simply to create additional motive because if his financial hardship and how it was about to be exposed between Paul’s trial and a likely divorce
Have they said anything about the divorce?

Has not been mentioned to my knowledge

Only briefly mentioned that she had been staying at Edisto house, they were trying to refinance it, and that Alex had to talk her into coming to the main house to ride with him to the hospital. She wanted to meet him there but he insisted that she come there

So they’ve somewhat set the stage for it to be discussed but have not gotten into it

I've heard this for years. From a reputable 90 year old who is related to Murdaugh family. Maybe she made it up but she has no reason to fabricate such a story.
Well the poster he was asking the question to is family too, so there ya go.

To understand Alex motive and desperation. He had just been confronted with the fact that $792,000 was unaccounted for. He knew at the time he had stolen approximately $9,000,000 from clients and partners. He knew it was about to unfold and he would be fired, disbarred and go to prison if the truth came to light. He was facing a deposition in about 3 days about his finances. So he was a guy making about $1,000,000 a year, stealing $1,000,000 a year and spending it all living like a king and it was all about to vanish. He was desperate. Desperate men do desperate things.

To understand Alex motive and desperation. He had just been confronted with the fact that $792,000 was unaccounted for. He knew at the time he had stolen approximately $9,000,000 from clients and partners. He knew it was about to unfold and he would be fired, disbarred and go to prison if the truth came to light. He was facing a deposition in about 3 days about his finances. So he was a guy making about $1,000,000 a year, stealing $1,000,000 a year and spending it all living like a king and it was all about to vanish. He was desperate. Desperate men do desperate things.
I’m just curious where he spent all this money? To make approximately $2 million a year with approximately $1 million of that unreported and then be supposedly “broke” doesn’t line up to me. Sounds like the Edisto house was the only vacation home and by the looks of it, wasn’t some extravagant beach front home. I’m sure there’s an “easy” explanation, just wild for a TI poor like myself.

The pronunciation thing has been blown out of proportion. I have cousins named Alexander, born and raised in SC...some from the upcountry.

They don't go by their full name.

Family refers to them closer to Alec than Ellick, but not with a true short A sound (at bat fat sat). Probably closer to Ellec than Alec...no family calls them Alex with a hard X...ironically I think his wife pronounces the hard X (along with short A) when she says his name. I believe @brohead pronounces his name with a hard X.

Alexander's mother probably is closer to an "Ellegzander" phonetic spelling than Alexander because she says it a lovely southern way. It's been that way for generations.

I cringe when I hear the hard X pronounced probably because it's the opposite of what his mom says and I love the way she says it.

But who cares?

My cousins don't seem to care how people say their name.

Why can't we all just get along?
Interesting. I work with a Ukraninan and he asks us to call him Alex but his name is Aliksander. Alexander the great really got busy.

I understand this theory. Yesterday, I watched a YouTube video that showed the trajectory of the shots related to Paul. The video used Paul and Alex as the figures. It chilled me to the bone and breaks my heart.

I have a hard time reconciling the videos (AM's birthday party, joking about the tree/dog preceding murder) v. Alex standing in front his son and killing him.

Either Alex is a sociopath and killed them or he didn't do it. I know I'm deflecting, but killing his family wouldn't have stopped his financial crimes coming to light.

Reactions: PawsFan_
I understand this theory. Yesterday, I watched a YouTube video that showed the trajectory of the shots related to Paul. The video used Paul and Alex as the figures. It chilled me to the bone and breaks my heart.

I have a hard time reconciling the videos (AM's birthday party, joking about the tree/dog preceding murder) v. Alex standing in front his son and killing him.

Either Alex is a sociopath and killed them or he didn't do it. I know I'm deflecting, but killing his family wouldn't have stopped his financial crimes coming to light.

I believe he is a sociopath.

Killing his family would save him a lot of money in the boat case. Watch Tinsley's testimony.

I also don’t see how he spent this much money. The Edisto house was purchased for 4-500k.

Moselle was a million maybe? They drove Suburban’s/trucks not Bentley’s

Even if they did a couple incredible vacations a year I still don’t see how we spent what he did…

Reactions: 1983Grad
I’m just curious where he spent all this money? To make approximately $2 million a year with approximately $1 million of that unreported and then be supposedly “broke” doesn’t line up to me. Sounds like the Edisto house was the only vacation home and by the looks of it, wasn’t some extravagant beach front home. I’m sure there’s an “easy” explanation, just wild for a TI poor like myself.
His law partner Ronnie Crosby gave some interesting insight the other day. He said Murdaugh made significant real estate investments with partners (including Barrett Bouleware) before the 2008 crash and had leveraged the properties. His partners did not have the financial means after the financial collapse to make the debt payments. Murdaugh had to come up with the money himself. Crosby insinuated that this is why the thefts started.

I'm sure there is more to it but found it interesting nonetheless.

In this day and age, I've given up on trying to understand WHY someone does what was done to P & M. So far, the facts are that he was there with them 5 minutes before both phones stopped any activity. Paul never sent the video he made and was supposed to send. Alex LIED about the last time he saw both of them. Alex left to go to his mother's without speaking to Maggie, to establish an alibi. Maggie was across the yard, but he didn't bother to ride over there to tell her where he was going after he couldn't get her on the phone. This and the data from his truck yesterday is enough for me. Even if he didn't actually pull the trigger, assuming some other bad person showed up and did it, Alex was there and that makes him just as responsible. When two people rob a house and one of them kills the owner, they both are guilty of murder.

But it did slow his financial crimes coming to light.

Jennie Seckinger and Ronnie Crosby both testified that they quit looking into Alex's financial issues with the firm after Maggie and Paul were killed. They were suspicious of him on June 7, but didn't pursue it until they discovered one of the Forge checks in September.

Of course Alex didn't count on all of his other crimes coming to light once they spotlight started shining on him and his actions, but PMPED backed off when Paul and Maggie were killed.

I hear you and think this thought process is ultimately why he'll be aquitted. It's hard to imagine a father or the person in those videos being a killer regardless of what the evidence says.

I'll say this though - there'd be fewer murders (or any crime for that matter) in this world if people could see them coming. Criminals often are very good at hiding that side of themselves.

Alex LIED about the last time he saw both of them. Alex left to go to his mother's without speaking to Maggie, to establish an alibi. Maggie was across the yard, but he didn't bother to ride over there to tell her where he was going after he couldn't get her on the phone.
This.

If he truly left to visit his mom after leaving the kennels, there would've been no reason to call Maggie. He was just with her. Wouldn't he have just told them he was going to mom's before leaving the kennels?

Now let's say it was an impromptu decision for AM to go visit mom after he got back to the house from the kennels. He called Maggie 3 times within a minute. Not once. 3 times basically back to back. If it were important enough for 3 calls, wouldn’t AM just haven taken a few extra seconds to drive by the kennels on the way out to tell them in person? He knew they were there.

Coupled with the initial lies (AM apparently repeatedly saying he was never at the kennels) I can't think of a reasonable innocent scenario why those calls were made.

Last edited:
Did I just hear that Alex paralegal is Annette Griswold? 😂
We already have Cousin Eddie.

WTF is going on?
I mean Buster is Rusty anyway.

Can someone introduce Clark at this point.
Sounds like Alex is Clark, the leveraged properties are the pool, and ‘08 was the jelly of the month club - the gift that has kept on giving.

"The prosecutor who questioned her needs to retire. The state should have their best and brightest on this case and he clearly isn’t". If you are talking about John Meadors I couldn't agree more.
MAYBE with all Alex's contacts with people in "high places" he (or his family or his lawyers or people who owe his family favors - political capital - etc etc) MAYBE used their influence with the State got the State NOT to use their best lawyers on the case. Crazier things have happened in SC in the past.

The 911 call is also telling. The recording of these calls actually starts as soon as you hit send on your phone. You can hear dogs barking in the background and Alex is as quiet as a church mouse and as soon as the dispatcher answers, he starts acting frantic. You don’t go from calm and reserved to frantic on a dime.

Bomb threat last week at 2 HS's here in Richland County: Spring Valley and NE Richland I think. 15 year old was arrested by SLED within 24 hours of the second one.

My kids had two fire alarms and bomb threat at their high school this year. (plus three incidents with kids with a gun in school)

we had fire alarms in the middle of the night in Johnstone C almost weekly. Was so freaking annoying lol

I think Alex calling the Rogan kid after the 911 call is the most telling

Who calls a kid about a dog after his wife and child murdered?

He wanted to know if Paul sent him the video update or not imo

ding ding ding

This is important and state needs to hammer it. Alex called Rogan five times. Alex had seen on Paul's phone where Paul and Rogan were communicating. He was desperate to reach him and find out if Rogan knew anything about Alex's whereabouts leading up to the murders. Alex needed this info in order to get his story straight before LE arrived. But Rogan never answered, Alex said he was never at the Kennels, and now he's ****ed.

Here it is.....

Wow, that is some tale. This is a miniseries if there ever was one. Or maybe Taylor Sheridan can come in and give it the Yellowstone Treatment with multiple limited series.

"Hampton County 1939"
"Murder at Mozelle"

we had fire alarms in the middle of the night in Johnstone C almost weekly. Was so freaking annoying lol
Lived on C5 my freshman year. Major cut-through to other parts of Johnstone, just a short staircase up to our hall as folks left Harcombe and walked through the courtyard.

Slept in the top bunk with fire alarm on the other side of my pillow, separated by a thin metal wall. Got to where I could (and did) sleep through that alarm. Didn’t even hear it anymore. Good times…

Lived on C5 my freshman year. Major cut-through to other parts of Johnstone, just a short staircase up to our hall as folks left Harcombe and walked through the courtyard.

Slept in the top bunk with fire alarm on the other side of my pillow, separated by a thin metal wall. Got to where I could (and did) sleep through that alarm. Didn’t even hear it anymore. Good times…
Back in 74-77 D-4 and the Fire Alarm became quite active a lot of nights....
Shaving cream would silence the alarm....

Reactions: clemtigs89
ding ding ding

This is important and state needs to hammer it. Alex called Rogan five times. Alex had seen on Paul's phone where Paul and Rogan were communicating. He was desperate to reach him and find out if Rogan knew anything about Alex's whereabouts leading up to the murders. Alex needed this info in order to get his story straight before LE arrived. But Rogan never answered, Alex said he was never at the Kennels, and now he's ****ed.

Yep wanting to cover tracks and see what he needed to cover

Wow, that is some tale. This is a miniseries if there ever was one. Or maybe Taylor Sheridan can come in and give it the Yellowstone Treatment with multiple limited series.

"Hampton County 1939"
"Murder at Mozelle"
@murdaugh this is the story I was referencing and I stand corrected...it was big Red's great grandfather, not his grandfather. My apologies.

Back in 74-77 D-4 and the Fire Alarm became quite active a lot of nights....
Shaving cream would silence the alarm....
D-445 here from 71-74. Senior year moved over to F or E - could walk put then into P.O. tunnel.
Anyway, between the fire alarms and snow showers from kids scraping the ceiling, there were few dull moments. Wonder if that stuff contained asbestos?

Drugs & hookers. I'll never have that kind of money, but see pro athletes blow 10 times that amount of money.

I hear you and think this thought process is ultimately why he'll be aquitted. It's hard to imagine a father or the person in those videos being a killer regardless of what the evidence says.

I'll say this though - there'd be fewer murders (or any crime for that matter) in this world if people could see them coming. Criminals often are very good at hiding that side of themselves.
You're right.

Glad I'm not on the jury because like other humans it is difficult not to deflect. I would kill myself before I laid a hand on my family so they they could collect insurance on me. I could never harm one of my three sons or spouse. Never.

Reactions: syarbor
Case closed:
Chris Wilson just confirmed they went to Gamecock football and basketball games all the time and that the Murdaugh’s had season tickets for football basketball and baseball.

Being in annual depression from that forced him into opioid addiction.

Gamecock Athletic Department needs to be held accountable.

I also don’t see how he spent this much money. The Edisto house was purchased for 4-500k.

Moselle was a million maybe? They drove Suburban’s/trucks not Bentley’s

Even if they did a couple incredible vacations a year I still don’t see how we spent what he did…
Moselle was almost 1800 acres. Was worth $3.9M according to 2022 article I just googled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT