ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Why didn’t Maggie’s phone register him moving? Or it being moved at anytime after locking

I assume his phone was locked as well while he was supposedly walking around
It did move 59ish steps after locking when Alex was likely putting it on the golf cart and going back to the house. It also had some orientation changes.

Alex's phone was turned off until just before he left for his mom's house. There were a flurry of steps then at double the pace of his steps previously in the day. This would have been during the cleanup.

Last edited:
Watching a replay of this on Court TV and it seems like the lady DA was really going overboard on her discussion of PaW PaW's brain being destroyed and blowing up like a bomb.

I know i shouldn't chuckle at such a grotesque description of what occurred, but i found it funny she seemed to keep asking him to go over this repeatedly, mainly to upset or get a visible response from AM.

Watching a replay of this on Court TV and it seems like the lady DA was really going overboard on her discussion of PaW PaW's brain being destroyed and blowing up like a bomb.

I know i shouldn't chuckle at such a grotesque description of what occurred, but i found it funny she seemed to keep asking him to go over this repeatedly, mainly to upset or get a visible response from AM.
I THINK her point was to say that your testimony is that it was shot from above and that exploded the matter out backwards but the brain was largely intact?

It did move 59ish steps after locking when Alex was likely putting it on the golf cart and going back to the house. It also had some orientation changes.

Alex's phone was turned off until just before he left for his mom's house. There were a flurry of steps then at double the pace of his steps previously in the day. This would have been during the cleanup.

Probably the only question I have in the case is why would AM take Maggie’s phone?

Reactions: purple2
Probably the only question I have in the case is why would AM take Maggie’s phone?
Who knows. It could have just been part of staging it to look like an outside person was there and stole an item but Alex freaked out that it could be tracked to his mom's he so tossed it. Ask yourself why would an outside shooter take her phone, throw it on the side of the road rather than selling it. Why did they not smash it before tossing? Phones are expensive and the person who owns it (Alex) may have a momentary instinct to not smash it because he paid for it.

What evidence do you have that it was Alex and now Maggie taking those steps?

• Haha
Reactions: Tigerman93
Who knows. It could have just been part of staging it to look like an outside person was there and stole an item but Alex freaked out that it could be tracked to his mom's he so tossed it. Ask yourself why would an outside shooter take her phone, throw it on the side of the road rather than selling it. Why did they not smash it before tossing? Phones are expensive and the person who owns it (Alex) may have a momentary instinct to not smash it because he paid for it.
After spending millions you think he would second guess a phone, gth out of here. You seem to easily dismiss simply questions that put huge conflicts in the states case.

Yeah. I really don’t know why anyone would take it. Makes more sense a loved one would take it.

Reactions: Tigerpaw00
Because Alex was the only person alive.
How do you get there? Phone was still active you don’t know if he was there or not. He said he left and could have. No evidence contradicts that. The 29 steps and failed unlock could have easily been Maggie.

• Sad
Reactions: purple2
Okay, I will throw out a scenario.

AM and Paul are in the kennels. AM is carrying the shotgun. For whatever reason, an accident happens. The gun goes off and hits Paul. This explains the odd angle of the first shot. AM is terrified, sees his son suffering, concludes the wound is mortal. At the same time, Maggie hears the blast and moves to a position to see AM lift the shotgun to put Paul out of his misery. AM drops the gun. Maggie seeing this screams something to the effect, "you killed Paul, I'm calling 911." AM panics. She can't call 911 or now he knows he's in jail. He picks up the AR and shoots her and then finishes her off. This has happened unexpectedly. He's in a panic and know he has to get out of there.

Possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: ClemsonGentleman
How do you get there? Phone was still active you don’t know if he was there or not. He said he left and could have. No evidence contradicts that. The 29 steps and failed unlock could have easily been Maggie.
The phone was moved. face recognition security was activated and FAILED. It mean she wasn't the one looking at the screen. He took the phone in the cart with him.

We know AM had the phone because AM threw it from them truck when he left the area. How else does the phone get up to the main house where we KNOW AM was?

Dude, you are grasping at straws.

The phone was moved. face recognition security was activated and FAILED. It mean she wasn't the one looking at the screen. He took the phone in the cart with him.

We know AM had the phone because AM threw it from them truck when he left the area. How else does the phone get up to the main house where we KNOW AM was?

I don’t see how you can just say it wasn’t here . Phone recognition is not 100%. I put in my pin enough to say it could have not been her.

That’s not grasping at straws. The time of death is very important to the case. Was the phone pinged at the main house because to my knowledge it wasn’t. Show me that and I’ll change my verdict.

• Haha
Reactions: Tigerman93
I don’t see how you can just say it wasn’t here . Phone recognition is not 100%. I put in my pin enough to say it could have not been her.

That’s not grasping at straws. The time of death is very important to the case. Was the phone pinged at the main house because to my knowledge it wasn’t. Show me that and I’ll change my verdict.
Well I virtually never have had my face recognition fail....and if you do it correctly and are not slovenly it works perfect

Reactions: Every name taken

This is actually one of the big questions I have. We know AM was at the house, but Maggie’s phone never shows up there.

It should have showed up there if AM Carried it with him as AM called it multiple times while he was in the house.

You think you know AM had it cause he threw it from a truck but the presented evidence contradicts that information.

They have is on star Dara
Sure that’s what it leads to but I do not believe it removes all doubt. Just because Maggie’s phone tried to unlock but didn’t doesn’t mean it wasn’t her. My phone doesn’t always recognize me. I have to put in my code sometimes. I think most do or she went to unlock it and only looked at he time. To my knowledge there isn’t any evidence to discredit this. Those are assumptions.

I also like to think you feel the evidence has to show the doubt and that’s simple not how it works. No one has to present data that someone else was there for the jury to find doubt there. The states has to disprove doubt, the defense only has to create it by any means legally possible.
They don't have to remove all doubt, just prove beyond Reasonable doubt. That's a very big difference.

So you're not a believer in the 12 yr old,5'2" vigilantes that showed up for their boat wreck justice with no weapons? Noted.
Kind of "unwoke" to think a 5'2" person is 12 or under and someone that height cannot kill. (🤪)

That said I would bet the natural height of the Murdaugh family killer is over 6 ft tall and over 50 years in age. (🧐)

Last edited:
Reactions: GrayCourtStomp
Murdock = Murdaugh

Alec = Alex

Mags = Maggie

Pau Pau = Paul

Timmy = Drunk Paul

Bus = Buster

Handsome = Randolph Murdaugh

Em = Libby Murdaugh

PaPa T = Kennedy Branstetter

Grandmar= Terry Branstetter

RoRo = Rogan

Bubba = chicken killing Dog

Tappy Toes / Cash= Lab Puppy

White Boy= white work truck

Dolly. = white truck

Why take Maggie's, but not Paul's?

Can they not prove that Maggie's phone was moving (with tower data) at the exact same time as Alex's car was moving based on the GM data? Wouldn't this be the last piece of the puzzle to prove it was Alex?

Let's say Alec's latest story is accurate, and someone else committed the murders.

How did they know Maggie and Paul (or anyone) was at the kennels at that particular time?

Did they happen to arrive just seconds after Alec left, or were they hiding and waiting for him to leave? If the latter, then why not kill everyone?

How did they get from the road to the kennels? If they walked, then it seems they would have seen or heard Alec depart before they made it to the kennels. If they drove up, then it seems Alec, Maggie, and Paul would have noticed the lights or a car pulling up. Remember, Paul was in the feed room presumably going about his business....I don't think either side has disputed this.

If they were truly just targeting Maggie and Paul, then how would they have known Alec had gone inside and could not hear the gunshots? Why not wait for him to leave, and then kill them if he was not the target?

Did they come with other weapons and then decide to use the 300 Blackout that belonged to the family?

Well the defense has just rested their case. This thing is getting close now.

Scratch that: Waters, just mentioned he has 4 maybe 5 rebuttal witnesses.

Let's say Alec's latest story is accurate, and someone else committed the murders.

How did they know Maggie and Paul (or anyone) was at the kennels at that particular time?

Did they happen to arrive just seconds after Alec left, or were they hiding and waiting for him to leave? If the latter, then why not kill everyone?

How did they get from the road to the kennels? If they walked, then it seems they would have seen or heard Alec depart before they made it to the kennels. If they drove up, then it seems Alec, Maggie, and Paul would have noticed the lights or a car pulling up. Remember, Paul was in the feed room presumably going about his business....I don't think either side has disputed this.

If they were truly just targeting Maggie and Paul, then how would they have known Alec had gone inside and could not hear the gunshots? Why not wait for him to leave, and then kill them if he was not the target?

Did they come with other weapons and then decide to use the 300 Blackout that belonged to the family?
Cousin Eddie know his way around the property okay?

Reactions: yemassee
Not if he changed before he got in it. he could have ridden nekkid for all we know. Remember, he told Marian the killer planned it for a long time.
I don't put much into him saying the killer planned it for a long time. That might be something I would say to throw the investigation away from me. Especially toward boat death vigilantes.

Reactions: yemassee
Do we know who was shot first?

Is there any chance that PawPaw for some ungodly reason shot Mags and then Ellick shot PawPaw out of rage?

A question for @tigerbean.

Morning sir. I'm curious about something. As this winds down and the jury goes into deliberation, can you give me a window into that process? Some of the posts in this thread are highly detailed and you see a lot of particulars/details that are given weight in evaluation of the case. How sophisticated are those discussions between jurors as they are behind closed doors working on a judgment? How data-driven are they? Are the notes/material/evidence submitted to the court during the trial sitting on a table for all jurors to comb through and discuss and review again piece-by-piece, blow-by-blow?
I don't see how jurors can keep up with everything without being able to take notes. Can the prosecution introduce a spreadsheet with the timeline (and supporting evidence) like the one posted above?

I think he took it because he had the code and wanted to make sure there was nothing incriminating on it. I agree with you that it probably dawned on him on the way to his mother's that it could be tracked and he quickly tossed it out the window.

I think he would have also taken Paul's when "it fell out of his pocket", but he didn't have the code, "knew" that no one else did, and probably didn't think it could be cracked.

5’2” vigilante ninjas can move swiftly and deftly without being seen or heard, and I’m sure they were wearing all black. There’s no reason to doubt Alex’s new story or his credibility. The man is innocent.

Imagine getting 12 people to agree to anything

They technically can’t deliberate until the Judge has “given” them the case

I am sure there are a lot of internal “self-deliberations” going on

Some may convict or acquit on the same fact - it’s again a true study of the behavior of humans

Yes the will have access to ANY piece of evidence

They can also ask for any testimony to be repeated via court transcript (NOT the transcript itself but read to them)

This morning the defense asked if the jury can visit Moselle

He said yes as it is appropriate under the rules

so that will be a logistical hurdle but better than a crime scene in downtown Greenville

AM is hoping for at least one, obviously more, but one is all it takes

I cannot see a not guilty but who knows what these 12 individuals think or value in their minds

Which verdict do you believe more likely - guilty or not guilty?

Why take Maggie's, but not Paul's?

Can they not prove that Maggie's phone was moving (with tower data) at the exact same time as Alex's car was moving based on the GM data? Wouldn't this be the last piece of the puzzle to prove it was Alex?

Absolutely but they can’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT