ADVERTISEMENT

A Democrat Just Ran on Immigration and Won

I dont think these magidiots realize how bad this election is going to be. for the GOP.

• Abortion
  • The border - they are refusing to even vote on legislation that 70%+ of americans and 705+ of congress members want
  • Money - trump is sucking all of the money out of the local GOP election offices for his own legal fees. Now that his daughter in law will be head of the RNC, he is going to grift all of the money out that too.
  • trump - just a deeply unpopular candidate that many republicans refuse to vote for.

You're most likely going to be disappointed. Trump will probably win. GOP will take Senate and Dems will regain the House. That's what seems most likely at this point. GOP has totally blown it in the House. They are not worthy of another chance.

• Haha
Reactions: okclem
You're most likely going to be disappointed. Trump will probably win. GOP will take Senate and Dems will regain the House. That's what seems most likely at this point. GOP has totally blown it in the House. They are not worthy of another chance.

I disagree, but time will tell. I know many republicans who will not vote for trump.

If Manchin runs as a 3rd party candidate I may change my tune.

JFK jr was being backed by trump donors until polling showed that he was taking more votes from trump than biden.

I dont think these magidiots realize how bad this election is going to be. for the GOP.

• Abortion
  • The border - they are refusing to even vote on legislation that 70%+ of americans and 705+ of congress members want
  • Money - trump is sucking all of the money out of the local GOP election offices for his own legal fees. Now that his daughter in law will be head of the RNC, he is going to grift all of the money out that too.
  • trump - just a deeply unpopular candidate that many republicans refuse to vote for.
Is this fuzzy math (705+)? the house has 435 and the senate 100 members-what am I missing here?

Thank you-I really was asking a serious question

Either way, what he and others stated just further highlights the acquiescence to mob rule over earnest debate about what is actually good and right. You can find enough people to vote for almost anything when they are as ill-informed as our population has become..

I don't know about that because Democrats have been way over performing in these special election races, in fact, the polling for NY03 showed it to be neck and neck and it was a wallop by most standards. If that translates to the general, we will probably see Biden re-elected though I do recognize that we may have more of a Biden problem than a Democrat problem. We'll see but I would expect us to take both houses at the very least. JMO

I don't know about that because Democrats have been way over performing in these special election races, in fact, the polling for NY03 showed it to be neck and neck and it was a wallop by most standards. If that translates to the general, we will probably see Biden re-elected though I do recognize that we may have more of a Biden problem than a Democrat problem. We'll see but I would expect us to take both houses at the very least. JMO

The Senate is too unfavorable for Dems this time. You could be right about it being a Biden problem. I think the House is extremely likely to go Dem.

I disagree with almost every policy position of both parties. I know I am not alone and I am tired of voting for morons with no guiding principles I agree with. I literally cannot think of one view I can get onboard with on either side. It's really depressing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow, 4? you know a lot of immigrants. I bet they'll be the difference.
Hmm. Don’t know if you’re serious, but half my family is Venezuelan. There are A LOT more people from those countries that live here.

That’s funny bc every single immigrant that I know(Venezuelan, Cuban, Russian and Ukrainian) are voting for Trump and wouldn’t be caught dead voting for a Democrat. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I know white Republicans that say they would vote for Biden, even if he were dead. So there!

And the ones you know speak for all Venezuelan, Cuban, Russian & Ukrainian immigrants?
Their inner circle, absolutely. They saw the promises being made in their country and it went to shit. They don’t want the same thing to happen here.
The people who hate illegal immigration more than anybody are the people who went about it the right way.
Obtained visas, went through a port of entry and filed their paperwork legitimately.

Their inner circle, absolutely. They saw the promises being made in their country and it went to shit. They don’t want the same thing to happen here.
The people who hate illegal immigration more than anybody are the people who went about it the right way.
Obtained visas, went through a port of entry and filed their paperwork legitimately.
Okay, well I'm 100% sure that the few dozen at most that you know are not representative of every immigrant from those 4 countries. Literally no doubt in my mind.

You calling someone else simple is astounding.

The covid restrictions would not have held up in the courts without, you know, covid. If he was not reliant on covid to shut down the border, then he must be the worst president in history if it took him three years to implement his strategy.

And thank you for proving my point that the republicans, while running on immigration in every election cycle, never do shit about it.

The American people now finally see through this farce, and this is being reflected in the outcome of elections. You dolts can argue until you are blue in the face, but you all know what is coming. Go ahead and get your "stolen election" bullshit engine started.
What has happened to immigration numbers since Biden took office Jethro? Don't come back with bs about covid as that was active for a long time.

Why wouldn’t a legal citizen go get in line if an id check is not required?
Because it’s a pilot program only available for roughly 500 asylum seekers. It’s a way for asylum seekers to provide for themselves since they can’t get jobs while they wait. They’re estimating it will save the city $600k over the course of the trial.

It’s roughly $400/month that can only be used in grocery stores and bodegas for food and baby supplies.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Because it’s a pilot program only available for roughly 500 asylum seekers. It’s a way for asylum seekers to provide for themselves since they can’t get jobs while they wait. They’re estimating it will save the city $600k over the course of the trial.

It’s roughly $400/month that can only be used in grocery stores and bodegas for food and baby supplies.
Demonrats are always like a woman. Spend, Spend, and spend, and then proclaim "look what I saved you". Except they call it an "investment".

Probably the best thing I've heard you say, although I feel the same way in reverse.
We shall find out. Will be a very interesting year! Let's just hope all Americans win!

Nobody who supports Donald trump wants "all Americans to win".

Reactions: dpic73
Demonrats are always like a woman. Spend, Spend, and spend, and then proclaim "look what I saved you". Except they call it an "investment".
*Demonrats.* Cool, glad to know I'm dealing with someone in good faith right off the bat.

Reactions: iceheart08

So why wouldn’t a homeless American go get in line?

So why wouldn’t a homeless American go get in line?
Do homeless Americans have documents declaring themselves asylum seekers that have been provided by ICE? It's quite unlikely that homeless Americans were one of the ~500 randomly chosen from the pool of asylum seekers currently in the US for this trial.

Do homeless Americans have documents declaring themselves asylum seekers that have been provided by ICE? It's quite unlikely that homeless Americans were one of the ~500 randomly chosen from the pool of asylum seekers currently in the US for this trial.
Read this whole post and tell me you think this is sane policy

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Read this whole post and tell me you think this is sane policy

I watched the video, but i'm not reading some summary by TaraBull.

I don't really have an issue with the policy - I think it's good we're helping the asylum seekers out. I definitely don't support it not being put out to bid, but Adams probably got a kickback because that's how those things work. I don't have any issue with the annual fee of $250k, bc that's a tiny ass charge for that finance group to manage this project. I'm not overly concerned with the 3% bonus, either, since that seems pretty fair for the amount of capital they're fronting.

Furthermore, if the pilot is a success, I would expect some of those fee structures to be modified over the long-term, and also for a proper bid structure to be implemented.

Also, if you expect me to defend Adams on anything, you've come to the wrong place. I loathe that guy and think he's just flat awful.

Reactions: fcctiger12
No, you don't get it. You cannot in one breath support this administration and all its disasters, one of which is major with the border crisis, then go hip hip hurrah about a democratic candidate that stayed way away from this administration's policy!
This is exactly what any politician should be doing no matter what side you're on!

...and honestly, I wouldn't call it "running on immigration" more than I would say "distancing himself from the current administration."

I have now explained it to you in the simplest of terms possible!

Now, please go back to playing with your Legos and quit posting dumb shit!
Not to get off topic, but the "disasters of this administration" only exist in your mind. Care to name some? Some that GOP didn't cause or refuses to work on? Granted I'm not in favor of the school loan forgiveness crap, but other than that....I don't know....what you got pea brain.

Last edited:
So, tell me, which one of them is actually looking out for the people WAP? What has anyone of them done for you? Why does self enrichment come into it? They are there to serve the people, but they don't.

I didn't care for Bush I, Bush II, or Obama. Not a single one of these people have ever told the truth. You're fine with that, as long as it's your side that's telling the lies that win.
Damn you're messed up. They never told truth...lol. Exaggeration, supposition, and make believe is all you got.

I watched the video, but i'm not reading some summary by TaraBull.

I don't really have an issue with the policy - I think it's good we're helping the asylum seekers out. I definitely don't support it not being put out to bid, but Adams probably got a kickback because that's how those things work. I don't have any issue with the annual fee of $250k, bc that's a tiny ass charge for that finance group to manage this project. I'm not overly concerned with the 3% bonus, either, since that seems pretty fair for the amount of capital they're fronting.

Furthermore, if the pilot is a success, I would expect some of those fee structures to be modified over the long-term, and also for a proper bid structure to be implemented.

Also, if you expect me to defend Adams on anything, you've come to the wrong place. I loathe that guy and think he's just flat awful.
“Because that’s how things work” and therein lies the problem. People are complacent with corruption.

I don't believe you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT