ADVERTISEMENT

Attack on Israel and intelligence failure

• Thread starter anon_5e8aassgcbjz1
  • Start date
Since you believe you are not religious, what do you defer to for your moral ethics?
I don’t defer to anything. Do you need an invisible man in the sky threatening you with eternal damnation to decipher right and wrong for you?

Reactions: other1
How so? How is it a failure in our foreign policy that Israel lets these mofos march right into their country? When I listen to survivors of Saturday's attacks say they are angry, it isn't at Joe Biden. They are angry that it took their own government nine hours to respond.

If Biden was tweeting about Israel every 30 minutes, you would have a problem with that. There is nothing he can do that you will ever agree with.

If he rode into Gaza hanging off of a Blackhawk helicopter Rambo style and personally saved every hostage, you would inevitably find some ****ing problem with it.

What is happening right now is a tragedy. You and the rest of the ****heads on here politicizing it and spreading misinformation are disgusting.
Tweeting, riding on a blackhawk......give the american people something, he's done absolutely f*cking nothing.

He gave $75m to Palestine, removed restrictions on Iran, agreed to releaseing $6b of funds, Hamas used weapons left behind in Afghanistan. I guess you could also count when he turned his back on Isreal and started letting the mouthy members of the Squad drive the aid to Palestine as a major blow as well but outside of that I guess I have nothing.

Misinformation? ha.....buddy.....go f*ck yourself. Have someone fact check that

Where was this energy when the Saudi Prince blatantly had an American journalist executed and Trump did nothing about it?
MIA, and I'll add, something absolutely should have been done about it.

IMO we're screwed both by Democrat naivety and Trump's love affair with despots.

• Wow
Reactions: DW4_2016
This is not the time to play Blame America First but if that's your game....

I guess you left your anti-whataboutism t-shirt at home today?

I guess it could have been those things, or the $6b to Iran + eased sanctions, the $75m to Palestine, the billions to Afghanistan (that no one can track), millions if not billions to terrorist funding nations for utter nonsense like diversity and inclusion and of course the weapons left behind in Bagram but sure, the lack of a speaker of the house really gave Hamas the green light.

Tweeting, riding on a blackhawk......give the american people something, he's done absolutely f*cking nothing.

He gave $75m to Palestine, removed restrictions on Iran, agreed to releaseing $6b of funds, Hamas used weapons left behind in Afghanistan. I guess you could also count when he turned his back on Isreal and started letting the mouthy members of the Squad drive the aid to Palestine as a major blow as well but outside of that I guess I have nothing.

Important here to draw the distinction between the Palestinian Authority and Hamas. Hamas hates the PA nearly as much as they hate Israel. Not fair to lump aid to the PA as aid to Hamas. The PA goes down in the West Bank and you have a whole new can of worms.

Reactions: yoshi121374
9 Americans are dead and unknown number are held hostage.......your response is one of the worst I think I've seen on here.
Really? A million Americans died from covid and yall wouldn’t even wear a mask. Now 9 die and you want the White House to just ignore every other issue?

Hell, 9 Americans will die from gun violence in the next hour, but we don’t care about that do we?

Yeah, dead Americans should be defended and taken seriously, but bring that same energy every time.

• Haha
Reactions: AugTig and dpic73
Really? A million Americans died from covid and yall wouldn’t even wear a mask. Now 9 die and you want the White House to just ignore every other issue?

Hell, 9 Americans will die from gun violence in the next hour, but we don’t care about that do we?

Yeah, dead Americans should be defended and taken seriously, but bring that same energy every time.
if it happenes in chicago it will make their news feeds, 100%

Good god man.

What does $75mm given to Palestine have to do with Hamas attacking Israel? You realize they are not the same thing, right?

As I mentioned before, trump granted iran waivers on sanctions so that they could sell oil to china. How do you know that money wasnt used here? We know for a fact that $6B was not used, Fox News even admitted that.

What is your source on the weapons used being from afghanistan?

Biden just held a press conference on this yesterday.

You are all over the place. Grow the **** up.

Good god man.

What does $75mm given to Palestine have to do with Hamas attacking Israel? You realize they are not the same thing, right?

As I mentioned before, trump granted iran waivers on sanctions so that they could sell oil to china. How do you know that money wasnt used here? We know for a fact that $6B was not used, Fox News even admitted that.

What is your source on the weapons used being from afghanistan?

Biden just held a press conference on this yesterday.

You are all over the place. Grow the **** up.
How many questions did Biden take from the press at this "press conference?"

How many questions did Biden take from the press at this "press conference?"

Does it matter? You said the white house was silent. They have not been. I know it is important for you to be "right", but in this case you were mistaken.

I guess you left your anti-whataboutism t-shirt at home today?

I guess it could have been those things, or the $6b to Iran + eased sanctions, the $75m to Palestine, the billions to Afghanistan (that no one can track), millions if not billions to terrorist funding nations for utter nonsense like diversity and inclusion and of course the weapons left behind in Bagram but sure, the lack of a speaker of the house really gave Hamas the green light.
And round and round we go. Just because you can find fault with the current President, doesn't make your MAGA-god better. How bout we agree we aren't happy with either for different reasons and hope for something better? Then let's address the current issue, since we can't change the past.

"Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar Akhund returned to Afghanistan after nearly two decades on Tuesday, a reversal of fortune that saw him go from Taliban co-founder to prisoner in Pakistan to negotiator in Qatar to a now-central figure in Kabul.

Baradar, currently the head of the Taliban’s political office in Doha, was freed from Pakistan in 2018 and is the most prominent of thousands of Taliban prisoners freed at the United States’s request in its efforts to promote failed peace talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government."

Last edited:
Reactions: nytigerfan
Does it matter? You said the white house was silent. They have not been. I know it is important for you to be "right", but in this case you were mistaken.
Yeah, seeing as though you cite the event as an example of the White House's activity. He read off a script and shuffled off without taking a single question. Weak sauce.

Hard to be "mistaken" here about an opinion of what the Pres should do in such situations.

I can hate Donnie and believe Biden’s a quasi-senile old man

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, seeing as though you cite the event as an example of the White House's activity. He read off a script and shuffled off without taking a single question. Weak sauce.

Hard to be "mistaken" here about an opinion of what the Pres should do in such situations.

I can hate Donnie and believe Biden’s a quasi-senile old man

You started out by saying the WH was silent (others have repeated that same). They have not been. Biden made a statement, on camera, in the WH yesterday saying we fully support Israel and saying that aid is already on the way.

Then you started nitpicking about whether he took questions or how many times he had tweeted.

Biden is definitely a senile old man. He is ****ing old.

Do you really think that biden's tweets are going to change a ****ing thing that is happening there now? Do you really think that biden being old is why the IDF got caught with their pants down? Do you think that him taking questions from reporters is going to make hamas just send those hostages back?

I know biden is personally responsible for global inflation, but I was unaware that it was his job to train the IDF also.

Reactions: drnuckles6
You started out by saying the WH was silent (others have repeated that same). They have not been. Biden made a statement, on camera, in the WH yesterday saying we fully support Israel and saying that aid is already on the way.

Then you started nitpicking about whether he took questions or how many times he had tweeted.

Biden is definitely a senile old man. He is ****ing old.

Do you really think that biden's tweets are going to change a ****ing thing that is happening there now? Do you really think that biden being old is why the IDF got caught with their pants down? Do you think that him taking questions from reporters is going to make hamas just send those hostages back?

I know biden is personally responsible for global inflation, but I was unaware that it was his job to train the IDF also.
Not answering a single question at a "press conference" is tantamount to silence. The optics around the whole thing are bad. "Words matter," right? When golden boy Jake Sullivan proclaims, "The Middle East is quieter today than it has been in 2 decades," and you've just got done sending Iran $6 billion to secure the release of 5 prisoners, the POTUS should have the spine to face some heat over an Iranian-backed militant organization pulling off a complex military operation resulting in yet another hostage, humanitarian, and political crisis.

The last two paragraphs are drivel offered in bad faith.

Eh. Trump was largely correct on the Iranian threat but simultaneously had no issue befriending Xi and Kim, not to mention his open adoration of Putin.

Trump and Biden are both wrong in their own way.

Is this also called befriending Xi ?

Reactions: drnuckles6
How? Be specific.
The United States shouldn't be in the business of giving away security guarantees to countries like Saudi Arabia. The scuttling of this deal means that the U.S. isn't responsible for the security of any country in the Middle East beyond our own. Good news to me!

The United States shouldn't be in the business of giving away security guarantees to countries like Saudi Arabia. The scuttling of this deal means that the U.S. isn't responsible for the security of any country in the Middle East beyond our own. Good news to me!
Id rather not get involved in regime making in the Middle East ever again. Boots on the ground in that region is dumb. It’s unnecessarily costly and begets more terrorism. Regional powers need to police their own sandbox. I’d rather rely on reasonable state actors with economic and governance aspirations to make the region better. Realistically, that probably means a strong SA and Israel. Supporting them and ensuring they remain strong probably benefits the US and stabilizes the region. Also benefits the us economically. Not sure that necessarily means full on guarantees. It would mean support. It would mean some commitment. It would also be a net positive from a us security standpoint. May not be an ideal alliance, but it’s the best option in a region where the alternatives are worse or you have limited presence and little support which is really not ideal.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Id rather not get involved in regime making in the Middle East ever again. Boots on the ground in that region is dumb. It’s unnecessarily costly and begets more terrorism. Regional powers need to police their own sandbox. I’d rather rely on reasonable state actors with economic and governance aspirations to make the region better. Realistically, that probably means a strong SA and Israel. Supporting them and ensuring they remain strong probably benefits the US and stabilizes the region. Also benefits the us economically. Not sure that necessarily means full on guarantees. It would mean support. It would mean some commitment. It would also be a net positive from a us security standpoint. May not be an ideal alliance, but it’s the best option in a region where the alternatives are worse or you have limited presence and little support which is really not ideal.
I agree with you that we should not have boots on the ground or do regime change wars. The less of a footprint we have there the better. I'd prefer we devote more of our limited resources to gear up for a potential war against China, one we're badly prepared for right now. But, security guarantees with Saudi would only drag the U.S. into unnecessary shit in the region. We don't even have a formal security alliance with Israel, and we're seeing why now. We shouldn't have one with Saudi for the same reasons. Alliances enable free loading. See Europe.

Reactions: BionicTiger
Yes, and that's the thing about religion. Who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities
I don't disagree with the 'absurdities' aspect of that sentiment. But consider that the biggest mass murders of the modern era--Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao--were all atheist.

I don't disagree with the 'absurdities' aspect of that sentiment. But consider that the biggest mass murders of the modern era--Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao--were all atheist.
Would you consider NK to be an atheist regime? I don’t. It’s probably the most religious country on earth. Kim may as well be their god. He’s worshipped like one.

The same was essentially true of the regimes you cite above. Place a person, political party, or deity above reproach and promise their adherents heaven, whether here on earth or otherwise, and you’ll have atrocities.

so we financed iran who funded hamas who acquired weapons we gave ukraine and/or from the billions we left behind in afghanistan? take a bow biden admin. what a string of colossal fkups put together here.

just waiting to hear the global arms dealer we traded for britney griner facilitated the transaction. sure she's had some nice layups this year tho.

so we financed iran who funded hamas who acquired weapons we gave ukraine and/or from the billions we left behind in afghanistan? take a bow biden admin. what a string of colossal fkups put together here.

just waiting to hear the global arms dealer we traded for britney griner facilitated the transaction. sure she's had some nice layups this year tho.
You forgot to mention that Israel basically created Hamas back in the 1970’s to combat PLO.

Would you consider NK to be an atheist regime? I don’t. It’s probably the most religious country on earth. Kim may as well be their god. He’s worshipped like one.

The same was essentially true of the regimes you cite above. Place a person, political party, or deity above reproach and promise their adherents heaven, whether here on earth or otherwise, and you’ll have atrocities.

I'm not sure what your point is on this?

The Kim's are certainly atheists.

The North Koreans, without anything to give them higher meaning, probably do worship their leader with godlike reverence resembling something like religious fervor.

Nevertheless, even if the people of Russia, China, Germany under Lenin\Stalin, Mao, Hitler were religious (they almost all certainly were) religion was not the motivation behind the atrocities of their dictator(s)--except perhaps to eradicate those who stubbornly held onto religion.

Guessing this is us getting in on the action. Sounds like an F-15. I know Israel has them but based on time, target, and location, I would guess US.

Reactions: PAWrocka
I know its not time to joke but this is timely and true.

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT