ADVERTISEMENT

Biden approval rate at 63%.

giphy.gif

How did that RED TSUNAMI work out for you?

About as well as Uncle Joe has, for you. Lol
How he's still in office is something that will go done in history, unfortunately!

About as well as Uncle Joe has, for you. Lol
How he's still in office is something that will go done in history, unfortunately!
I know right? Things are just awful!

And thanks for bumping this thread so I can re-read how wrong you and the other MAGAholes predictions were. 😅

I know right? Things are just awful!

And thanks for bumping this thread so I can re-read how wrong you and the other MAGAholes predictions were. 😅
Now actually do the appropriate disclaimers.......ie, adding jobs that existed before he was in office isn't new jobs creation, it's just putting back what was there pre-covid.

Also, now do the math on part time jobs vs full time jobs and also how many households now hold more than one job.

While the stat looks nice, the underlying data doesn't. Also, job reports lag the market. Wait until the big tech layoffs start showing up.

Now actually do the appropriate disclaimers.......ie, adding jobs that existed before he was in office isn't new jobs creation, it's just putting back what was there pre-covid.

Also, now do the math on part time jobs vs full time jobs and also how many households now hold more than one job.

While the stat looks nice, the underlying data doesn't. Also, job reports lag the market. Wait until the big tech layoffs start showing up.

It just always amazes me that when it comes to gas prices, supply chains, gas prices, etc., y’all won’t even entertain the idea that those thug s were affected by covid. Those are all because of Biden’s policies. But job growth, that is all covid related and has nothing to do with Biden.

Reactions: dpic73

Thanks for making me aware about how horrible things really are. I'm going to get in line at the food pantry to get me some government cheese. Want me to get you a wedge?

• Haha
Reactions: clemsontiger02
Thanks for making me aware about how horrible things really are. I'm going to get in line at the food pantry to get me some government cheese. Want me to get you a wedge?
Making fun of the less fortunate to change the narrative? Strange flex but whatever......

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
I don’t care for Biden as President, but I will say it…

My life is no different today, than it was under Trump, and I like(d) Trump as pres. I do wish against many of the social leanings if the left, but in regards to business, money, etc… it’s really a non changer.

Of course I vote against higher taxes, regulations, etc… and I don’t believe Biden has helped inflation in his actions, but that inflation was created by the influx of printed cash during Trump’s tenure.

Now don’t go getting 6 to midnight on me, Dems….. where covid came from (which caused all this mess) is an opinion you won’t care for, coming from me.

Reactions: nytigerfan
Making fun of the less fortunate to change the narrative? Strange flex but whatever......
We have 3.4% unemployment and 2 jobs available for every one person looking for employment. And you've somehow twisted those numbers into something to be worried about. I have sympathy for the unfortunate but it appears there's plenty of opportunity out there to make sure they have food on the table without having to rely on government cheese. Hence, the joke.

Though I have more sympathy for people who are forced to live under stupid red state policies.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/05/us/texas-grocery-store-dumpster-fight/index.html

We have 3.4% unemployment and 2 jobs available for every one person looking for employment. And you've somehow twisted those numbers into something to be worried about. I have sympathy for the unfortunate but it appears there's plenty of opportunity out there to make sure they have food on the table without having to rely on government cheese. Hence, the joke.

Though I have more sympathy for people who are forced to live under stupid red state policies.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/05/us/texas-grocery-store-dumpster-fight/index.html
You're providing seasonal "adjusted" data from the January report......note the key words "seasonal and adjusted" which means the data used is manipulated in comparison to other months. Unadjusted, shows negative 2.5m jobs.

Key point:

The number of full-time workers in March 2022 was 132.587 million. Fast forward to January 2023 when it was 132.577 which means the total US full-time workers declined by 10K over a period of 10 months. Meanwhile, part-time workers soared from 25.908 million to 27.400 million, an increase of 1.492 million.

The above says that there were virtually no new full time jobs......I repeat, no new full time jobs and that's before the 50 thousand people got bombed out of the tech and finance sectors.Also, jobs data lags the market which I've said about 2 dozen times on here even when Trump was president.

Enjoy your government cheese and maybe try to use actual data before you come on here and spout nonsense.

You're providing seasonal "adjusted" data from the January report......note the key words "seasonal and adjusted" which means the data used is manipulated in comparison to other months. Unadjusted, shows negative 2.5m jobs.

Key point:

The number of full-time workers in March 2022 was 132.587 million. Fast forward to January 2023 when it was 132.577 which means the total US full-time workers declined by 10K over a period of 10 months. Meanwhile, part-time workers soared from 25.908 million to 27.400 million, an increase of 1.492 million.

The above says that there were virtually no new full time jobs......I repeat, no new full time jobs and that's before the 50 thousand people got bombed out of the tech and finance sectors.Also, jobs data lags the market which I've said about 2 dozen times on here even when Trump was president.

Enjoy your government cheese and maybe try to use actual data before you come on here and spout nonsense.
Dude what the f*** are you talking about? Every month the first batch of numbers you see are always seasonally adjusted to "remove the influences of predictable seasonal patterns to reveal how employment and unemployment change from month to month." It's also disingenuous to compare these numbers to March 2022. We are talking about LAST month, not LAST March. The only thing you can say right now is that these numbers will be adjusted again on the 3rd of March and the 3rd of April. They might come down but you could remove 200,000 jobs and it's still an outstanding report that points to a very soft landing and likely no recession at all.

For the hundredth time, the tech sector lost jobs because they panicked and over-hired during the pandemic. Now that people are back at work, those jobs are no longer needed and those companies right-sized to reflect current conditions. This does NOT portend problems in other sectors.

But just so we understand you correctly - are we facing the apocalypse or not?

Last edited:
Dude what the f*** are you talking about? Every month the first batch of numbers you see are always seasonally adjusted to "remove the influences of predictable seasonal patterns to reveal how employment and unemployment change from month to month." It's also disingenuous to compare these numbers to March 2022. We are talking about LAST month, not LAST March. The only thing you can say right now is that these numbers will be adjusted again on the 3rd of March and the 3rd of April. They might come down but you could remove 200,000 jobs and it's still an outstanding report that points to a very soft landing and likely no recession at all.

For the hundredth time, the tech sector lost jobs because they panicked and over-hired during the pandemic. Now that people are back at work, those jobs are no longer needed and those companies right-sized to reflect current conditions. This does NOT portend problems in other sectors.

But just so we understand you correctly - are we facing the apocalypse or not

"Revisions due to both the NAICS 2022 conversion and the benchmark process affected more historical data than typical in the annual benchmark process. The NAICS revisions are reflected for the entire history of affected industries for both seasonally and not seasonally adjusted data. Details of the updated titles and new, discontinued, and collapsed industries (and resulting changes to tables B-1 through B-9) are available at www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cesnewseries.htm."

Relying exclusively on employment measurements to articulate the "health" of the economy is misleading. People who've given up looking for work aren't even counted as unemployed, while part-time employees or freelancers who might find only one hour of work per week are treated as employed. Since 2019 there has been a 36% rise in "Free lancers" (Uber drivers, Door Dash drivers, etc) that are counted as "new jobs" but live under what is deemed the poverty line. These individuals hold multiple jobs. So even Trump was over inflating the jobs report but the difference is Trump didn't face an economic crisis and obscene interest rates pre-covid. Covid was a different ball game and the higher rates of unemployment were accounted for due to closures. There is nothing wrong with adding back the jobs that went away in 2020 as it shows we continue to recover but celebrating seems a bit overzealous when the numbers are flawed.

The tech sector didn't lose jobs solely due to over hiring, you're leaving out the amount of workers that left say AWS and went to Google, or similar. There was an absolute ton of tech sector job swapping during Covid. What they did do was overpay for many roles and if you couple that with a pretty bleak revenue and earnings forecast for 2023, they are cutting to protect the stock price in the event of a further economic downturn. The banks are doing the same.

Once again, the economy added jobs but mostly part-time roles that fall well underneath the wage levels to live above poverty. If you couple that with still high interest rates and the myriad of mass layoffs, you can see where your "two jobs for every person" logic starts to become a bit flawed as they aren't jobs tech or finance execs will want to take. They are mostly in hospitality, retail and government. Hospitality and retail are ........you guessed it, largely part time roles.

No one is suggesting an apocalypse but there is the potential for tough times ahead. Not sure why you need to flip so far to an extreme but you do you Mr Govt Cheese.

"Revisions due to both the NAICS 2022 conversion and the benchmark process affected more historical data than typical in the annual benchmark process. The NAICS revisions are reflected for the entire history of affected industries for both seasonally and not seasonally adjusted data. Details of the updated titles and new, discontinued, and collapsed industries (and resulting changes to tables B-1 through B-9) are available at www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cesnewseries.htm."

Relying exclusively on employment measurements to articulate the "health" of the economy is misleading. People who've given up looking for work aren't even counted as unemployed, while part-time employees or freelancers who might find only one hour of work per week are treated as employed. Since 2019 there has been a 36% rise in "Free lancers" (Uber drivers, Door Dash drivers, etc) that are counted as "new jobs" but live under what is deemed the poverty line. These individuals hold multiple jobs. So even Trump was over inflating the jobs report but the difference is Trump didn't face an economic crisis and obscene interest rates pre-covid. Covid was a different ball game and the higher rates of unemployment were accounted for due to closures. There is nothing wrong with adding back the jobs that went away in 2020 as it shows we continue to recover but celebrating seems a bit overzealous when the numbers are flawed.

The tech sector didn't lose jobs solely due to over hiring, you're leaving out the amount of workers that left say AWS and went to Google, or similar. There was an absolute ton of tech sector job swapping during Covid. What they did do was overpay for many roles and if you couple that with a pretty bleak revenue and earnings forecast for 2023, they are cutting to protect the stock price in the event of a further economic downturn. The banks are doing the same.

Once again, the economy added jobs but mostly part-time roles that fall well underneath the wage levels to live above poverty. If you couple that with still high interest rates and the myriad of mass layoffs, you can see where your "two jobs for every person" logic starts to become a bit flawed as they aren't jobs tech or finance execs will want to take. They are mostly in hospitality, retail and government. Hospitality and retail are ........you guessed it, largely part time roles.

No one is suggesting an apocalypse but there is the potential for tough times ahead. Not sure why you need to flip so far to an extreme but you do you Mr Govt Cheese.
Of course you'd complain about the lowest unemployment rate since 1969. Imma have to get you a case of WHINE to pair with your government cheese.

According to the ABC News/Washington Post poll, 41% of Americans say they are in a tougher financial situation since Biden's inauguration in Jan. 2021, while just 16% say they are better off.

Those numbers stand in stark contrast to when the poll asked Americans the same question two years after the election of former President Trump, when just 13% said they were worse off and 25% said they were better off.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
According to the ABC News/Washington Post poll, 41% of Americans say they are in a tougher financial situation since Biden's inauguration in Jan. 2021, while just 16% say they are better off.

Those numbers stand in stark contrast to when the poll asked Americans the same question two years after the election of former President Trump, when just 13% said they were worse off and 25% said they were better off.
That's Trump's fault too since he's still President

I know OP well. This response screams, you're right, but I can't accept it, so here's some useless video!

Of course you'd complain about the lowest unemployment rate since 1969. Imma have to get you a case of WHINE to pair with your government cheese.
Imma just sit back and laugh when you lose your job and have to send me a resume. I'll honestly still consider you though, I'm a good person and wouldn't want to see a fellow Tiger suffer even if you are a woke idiot.

Imma just sit back and laugh when you lose your job and have to send me a resume. I'll honestly still consider you though, I'm a good person and wouldn't want to see a fellow Tiger suffer even if you are a woke idiot.

@dpic73 is a smart guy, I doubt he has any desire to work for a second rate boiler room in central new jersey.

• Haha

That is likely tied directly to inflation.

If you are one of the people who believes that inflation is all Joe Biden's fault, then there is no hope for you.

No worries about my job security and I'd be fine not working at all if it came to it. No chance I'd apply for a job with with a conspiracy addled insurrectionist in Jersey. I'll be in NYC the next two days meeting with clients and I'll be laughing about your prediction as I fly over your sad little office in a Hackensack strip mall.

Dude you got the ny machoman and dicpic over here making out ITT!

No worries about my job security and I'd be fine not working at all if it came to it. No chance I'd apply for a job with with a conspiracy addled insurrectionist in Jersey. I'll be in NYC the next two days meeting with clients and I'll be laughing about your prediction as I fly over your sad little office in a Hackensack strip mall.
Is there an Antifa rally in NYC? Who's your client, Soros?

Be careful on the subways, not the safe city it used to be.

He's my favorite president of my life...to date. Not all presidencies are created equally, and (so far) he's navigated well through some very rough waters left in Trump's destructive wake.

Says the guy who still supports the president who tried to overthrow the government. I could not give less of a shit.
Nah, I was going to give you the destructive wake spew, bc there def was some left over. I've said 1000x, did not vote for Trump, just liked "some" of his policies, but you nim wits clump everyone together and are so shortsighted it reeks!

Nah, I was going to give you the destructive wake spew, bc there def was some left over. I've said 1000x, did not vote for Trump, just liked "some" of his policies, but you nim wits clump everyone together and are so shortsighted it reeks!
I know what you've said. It doesn't mean I necessarily believe it.

Reactions: moradatiger70
Just fricking crushing it. The American people got this one right.

In the fourth month of his presidency, Biden’s overall approval rating sits at 63%. When it comes to the new Democratic president’s handling of the pandemic, 71% of Americans approve, including 47% of Republicans.

Ahhhhhh, like jumping off Mt Everest, Joe continues his long fall.

Sadly he likely hasn't hit bottom yet. I'm sure you'll keep the "its' not his fault" excuses coming.

Ahhhhhh, like jumping off Mt Everest, Joe continues his long fall.

Sadly he likely hasn't hit bottom yet. I'm sure you'll keep the "its' not his fault" excuses coming.
That's not what Rasmussen is reporting

Friday, March 31
Race/Topic (Click to Sort)PollResultsSpread
President Biden Job ApprovalRasmussen ReportsApprove 46, Disapprove 52Disapprove +6

Just fricking crushing it. The American people got this one right.

In the fourth month of his presidency, Biden’s overall approval rating sits at 63%. When it comes to the new Democratic president’s handling of the pandemic, 71% of Americans approve, including 47% of Republicans.

In China with the CCP

Reactions: Clemson Goat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT