ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

So, he still hasn’t fessed up to his financial crimes, but we think he’s being honest about the murders???
But he's sorta fessed up about the financial crimes. On Thursday, he confessed judgment to the Satterfields for $4.3 M and....
"also confessed to “engaging in defalcation while acting in a fiduciary capacity.”"

Reactions: PawJourney
So, he still hasn’t fessed up to his financial crimes, but we think he’s being honest about the murders???
Given his history, AM has no credibility on anything to me. As things spiralled out of control, AM seems to have made progressively worse decisions. Nothing would surprise me, but I would like justice (and that goes well beyond an apology) for all.

Crazy development

Questions remain about information, footage reportedly collected on Paul Murdaugh​

print Murdaugh homicide_6.jpg (copy)

Buy Now
On June 8, 2021, investigators huddle on the property along Moselle Road in rural Colleton County where Paul Murdaugh, 22, and his mother, Margaret, 52, were found shot the night of June 7. File/Andrew J. Whitaker/Staff
awhitaker@postandcourier.com

Subscribe today!
HAMPTON — Questions are swirling around secretive video footage and information a private investigator reportedly collected on Paul Murdaugh before he and his mother were shot to death at their Colleton County hunting lodge last year.
In a recent court hearing, attorney Mark Tinsley told a judge that the investigator, Sara Capelli, had videotaped Murdaugh within three days of his death, according to a hearing transcript. As he understood it, Tinsley said, Capelli had tailed Murdaugh for more than a year, searching for evidence to bolster a narrative that the Murdaughs, a powerful legal family in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, were “terrible people.”
Tinsley represents the family of a young woman killed in a 2019 boat crash involving Murdaugh, and Capelli was hired by one of the defendants who has been sued in connection with her death.

Tinsley’s statements at a March 16 court hearing have sparked news stories and speculation about what Capelli might have captured on video and how that could affect the open investigation into the unsolved killings of Murdaugh and his mother Maggie in June 2021.
Murdaugh family hopes for answers as investigation continues in loved ones' killing
NEWS

Murdaugh family hopes for answers as investigation continues in loved ones’ killing

But Capelli sharply disputed Tinsley’s claims in a March 31 interview with The Post and Courier.
Her investigation, she said, only lasted roughly six weeks, from February to March 2021. Tinsley, she said, was speculating on evidence he had not yet seen.
Still, she declined to discuss her investigation in detail and would not confirm if it included video surveillance of Paul Murdaugh.
Capelli said she turned over her findings to the State Law Enforcement Division, which has investigated the Murdaugh double-murder for the past nine months but made no arrests and named no suspects. She declined to say what she gave them.
The murders have generated international intrigue, sparking book deals, podcast episodes, cable news documentaries and hundreds of news stories.
The personal and professional unraveling of Alex Murdaugh, the family patriarch and a prominent Hampton County lawyer, has tossed more fuel onto the flames. Since the death of his son and wife, he has been arrested and charged with trying — and failing — to stage his own murder in a botched assisted suicide scheme and indicted on charges of stealing more than $8 million from his law clients and legal partners.
Beaufort attorney posts bail on charges tied to Murdaugh fraud case
NEWS

Beaufort attorney posts bail on charges tied to Murdaugh fraud case

SLED officials have said little about their investigation into the murders of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh. The agency declined to comment for this story.
Rumors have become rampant in this the void of information. And that has left Murdaugh family members frustrated that they don’t know more about what led to the death of their family members. John Marvin Murdaugh, Alex Murdaugh’s younger brother, said in a recent interview he worried the investigations of his brother’s alleged financial crimes had overshadowed the quest to find out who killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.
Murdaugh friend charged with aiding insurance fraud scheme
STATE NEWS

Murdaugh friend charged with aiding insurance fraud scheme

• By MICHELLE LIU Associated Press/Report for America

Before he died, prosecutors charged Paul Murdaugh with felony boating under the influence in the 2019 boat crash that killed teenager Mallory Beach.
Tinsley is representing Beach’s family in lawsuits against Parker’s, a convenience store where Paul Murdaugh, then underage, purchased alcohol before the crash.

It’s amusing that Matney and the other Fits people routinely bash other reporters and organizations, especially the Island Packet, but spent nearly all of the most recent podcast citing work from other outlets. They also made some very big assumptions. They have lost any objectivity they may have had remaining.
They should be very careful about what they report and how they report it. FITS has the best sources but some of their conspiracy theories seem like a reach.

Have a friend who deals in Masters tickets.

Told me the other day that a few years ago Buster and some of his "friends" flew into Augusta on a private jet. Buddy picked them up at Daniel Field and dropped them off at The National, then picked them back up at the end of the day and took them back to the jet.

Get this. Instead of driving to Augusta from Hampton which is about an hrs drive, they drove to Charleston to get on the private jet and fly into Augusta.

Buddy said Buster was throwing money around and acting the big shot.

They should be very careful about what they report and how they report it. FITS has the best sources but some of their conspiracy theories seem like a reach.
And this is where Mandy has gone off the rails a bit. At the beginning of her podcast, she really had a good thing going with being more fact based than opinion. That seems to have changed. As news has dried up, she has gone with more opinion and theory. I tried to read some of the articles on Fitsnews. Can't do it. It's poor journalism and too sensational.

And this is where Mandy has gone off the rails a bit. At the beginning of her podcast, she really had a good thing going with being more fact based than opinion. That seems to have changed. As news has dried up, she has gone with more opinion and theory. I tried to read some of the articles on Fitsnews. Can't do it. It's poor journalism and too sensational.
When the journalist becomes the story.....

I want to add something concerning my buddy hauling Buster and his buddies to the Masters a few years ago.

At that time, the Murdaughs of course were not in the news.

My buddy thought they were just a bunch of rich kids living on Daddies money. He really didn't give it much thought cause Masters week you see some of the richest people in the World along with just everyday Patrons in Augusta. Some of the richest to come next week, Japanese.

Next week brings in 10s of millions of dollars to the Augusta economy and has been since the mid 70s when the Tournament blew up and golf in general took off.

I would like to have a dollar for every bale of pine straw spread in the last month.

Can we please get this thread moved back to the House of Politics & Off Topics, aka the House of Pain? I don’t think this thread needs to be the first thing subscribers see when they log on TWZ. Hopefully not too much of a big ask considering we were told the other day it was being moved to the House of Pain because it was not related to Clemson sports/football. Thanks. @Cris_Ard @Larry_Williams @Paul Strelow

Well, as many of you have seen. A yet-to-be arrested suspect (or suspects) is/are alleged to have murdered two members of the Murdaugh Family last night.

I have been told who was murdered, but I will let the proper people release those names at the proper time. Besides, there is always the chance my information is incorrect.
Thought this crap was going to another board!

Can we please get this thread moved back to the House of Politics & Off Topics, aka the House of Pain? I don’t think this thread needs to be the first thing subscribers see when they log on TWZ. Hopefully not too much of a big ask considering we were told the other day it was being moved to the House of Pain because it was not related to Clemson sports/football. Thanks. @Cris_Ard @Larry_Williams @Paul Strelow
Thank God. Never opened the Murdaugh thread once.
After months of scrolling past and not opening the thread, what broke you?

Thought this crap was going to another board!

After months of scrolling past and not opening the thread, what broke you?

The idea that the powers that be were willing to move it and then did. I had to break my silence in support of the move.
I strongly dislike soccer. Just never got into it and don’t like it at all. There is a soccer thread (maybe more than one) that has been on the board for probably a year. I have never opened it one single time. It doesn’t bother me one bit.

I don’t get this whole “I pay good money for football and this ……… is ridiculous” mentality.
Don’t open threads that have topics that don’t seem to interest you. It’s real simple.
GEEZ! 🙄

I can’t believe there’s a crowd of people that complained when the Murdagh thread got moved exactly where it should be, the House of Pain. It’s such a buzzkill even looking at the title of this thread, and it’s pushpinned to the top of the premier Clemson Football message board? Is this some kind of sick April Fool’s joke!

Reactions: faulker08

You don't have to click on the thread. Or post on it.

I would be okay with it being pushpinned at the bottom like the advertisement ones. Guessing there’s probably no way to prevent it from going to the top when someone comments
I read threads of interest and skip the rest. Frequently, I personally find distasteful posts within threads of intersection, but understand others may enjoy that perspective. I tolerate because I can control what I read.

Squeaky wheels gonna squeak... Looking forward to getting back to the story at hand.

FYI to all of the squeaky wheels - recognize that you are <2 pages of content on a 59-page thread that has spanned 10 months. You are the problem. Get over yourself.
This is the quintessential type of thread that the House of Pain was created for. Why even have the House of Pain then? Must be an April Fool’s joke gone bad.

Reactions: tigerworx
This is the quintessential type of thread that the House of Pain was created for. Why even have the House of Pain then? Must be an April Fool’s joke gone bad.
Page 1 of TI has 16 threads (40%) that have absolutely nothing to do with Clemson or sports. If I were to include threads that weren't really Clemson-related, or barely sports-related, that number balloons much higher.

Cris made it clear that The House of Politics was for contentious political and religious topics. The only thing contentious about this thread is the location.

The reaction to this post has been unbelievable. A bunch of Will Smiths trying to walk up on stage all of a sudden...
  1. OT: New Orleans Food
  2. OT: GITT and tell your best April Fools Day prank(s)
  3. OT: What is the worst restaurant you have been to?
  4. Zach Bryan album - May 20th
  5. ** Chris Rock vs. Will Smith
  6. OT: Weekend Outdoor Cooking Thread, for those serious about grilling....
  7. Guilty Pleasures- Movies that will be on TV that you will watch no matter how many 1,000s of times you have already seen them.
  8. OT Medical question Have friend whose blood pressure drops and they faint or have seizure
  9. OT: Custom Stick Built Gazebo in Upstate??
  10. Comic Nerds GITT: Moon Knight
  11. OT: Job search in Upstate SC
  12. Grass experts of the front yard kind - zoysia help
  13. Walked 9 with Judge Bobby Conrad
  14. Travel Ball Drama…for your entertainment
  15. OT: African Safari
  16. Could use some prayers guys and gals…

chris moved it back by popular demand, so you lost the vote. I'm glad it's back.
It’s the worst thread in the history of TI push pinned at the top of the main board of TI. A local murder case that lots of people don’t want to constantly be reminded of. Take this to the House of Pain!

OK, but tell me. why do you care if it's on TWZ? I mean, it's a wildly popular and frequently viewed thread. I would imagine Cris appreciates the traffic and was frankly stunned he decided to offload it onto some sad new forum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT