ADVERTISEMENT

Democratic Presidential Candidate - Dean Phillips

fatpiggy

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2002
Dean Phillips is running for President in the Democratic Party as an alternative to Joe Biden. He seems to be fairly moderate and reasonable. Would be much better than Biden, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Dean Phillips is running for President in the Democratic Party as an alternative to Joe Biden. He seems to be fairly moderate and reasonable. Would be much better than Biden, but that's not saying a whole lot.

With a honker like that, not a chance and no charisma. Had no idea he was behind the Talenti gelato brand though ....love that stuff!

With a honker like that, not a chance and no charisma. Had no idea he was behind the Talenti gelato brand though ....love that stuff!
He is a good speaker, but I agree that he lacks a little charisma.

I believe this guy is sincere and that he means well. But we are not walking into disaster running Biden against Trump.

His ideas make a lot of sense in theory, but in practice he's doing more harm than good, imo.

I mean, I don't even know what the fvck that could possibly mean. That sounds like Steve Bannon talk to me.
it's honestly a great grift, especially if you're ready to get out of politics and cash in on some lobbying/consulting gigs

Reactions: okclem
it's honestly a great grift, especially if you're ready to get out of politics and cash in on some lobbying/consulting gigs

Dude's net worth is already $77M. He'd make more with that in a HY savings acct than lobbying/consulting. Sure he might go on to add another $1-2M/yr doing that, but is it really that consequential for him?

Dude's net worth is already $77M. He'd make more with that in a HY savings acct than lobbying/consulting. Sure he might go on to add another $1-2M/yr doing that, but is it really that consequential for him?
If he becomes more connected inside the beltway, I would think it could be very lucrative for him.

No idea what his motivations may be. I do agree that if i had a $77m net worth the last thing i'd be doing is dicking around the political arena. Then again, most people get into politics because they're psychos who want to wield power and amass wealth. I had no idea who this guy was before his recent stunt, so maybe he's just trying to get exposure so he can move up from a congressman to a senate/governor run

I like that this dude and Vivek are young. Wish we could break the geriatric leadership cycle.

Wait he founded Talenti or something?? Gosh I have not had that in years but it was so good when I first tried it
Dean Phillips is Chairman and co-owner of Talenti Gelato, America’s 3rd largest premium ice cream brand and the world’s best selling packaged gelato. Previously, Mr. Phillips served as President & CEO of Phillips Distilling Company, representing the fifth generation of his family to manage the business established by his great-great-grandfather in 1912. During his tenure, he participated in the creation and development of Belvedere and Chopin Vodka, sold to Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) in 2005, and introduced UV Vodka – now one of America’s best selling distilled spirit brands. Mr. Phillips serves as a Director of Winmark Corporation (WINA), a publically traded, retail franchisor and leasing company, and on the Board of Advisors of United States Distilled Products Co. and Rational Energies, a next-generation refiner of transportation fuels derived from municipal solid waste.
Community and civic service are integral parts of Dean’s life. He is the immediate past-Chair of the Board of Directors of Allina Health, Minnesota’s largest healthcare provider, and former Chair of its Investment and Philanthropy Committees. He currently serves as Co-Chair of The Jay & Rose Phillips Family Foundation and The Edward J Phillips Family Foundation of Minnesota, among Minnesota’s largest private philanthropies, on the Board of Advisors of The Minneapolis Parks Foundation, and on the President’s Circle of The Hennepin Theatre Trust, among a number of other nonprofit board positions. Mr. Phillips holds a B.A. degree in Urban Studies from Brown University and an M.B.A. from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Probably so. Can't imagine poisoning my life with that filth if I had $77M, though.
Agree with you completely. But guys that enter the political arena (at this level) seemed to be wired differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT