ADVERTISEMENT

Did climate change cause the covid - 19 pandemic?

Yes or no

• Yes

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 89.6%

• Total voters
LMAO. I'll be shocked if this isn't >95% no. Especially considering the majority of people on this board don't even believe climate change is real.

Climate Change is real. The Climate Changes Everyday. It just isn't changing like the "scientists and politicians" would have you believe.

There is a right and wrong answer to this. Let's see how many TIers can open their mind and think critically?
Its not climate change that is to blame, its the greedy capitalists, Trump is the mastermind.

Oh, the ole climate change debate. I'm not sure there is a more controversial topic in the history of TI.

First, you have the absolutely crazy liberals who think that we can retrofit every single home and building in America to make it energy efficient. I'm probably more "climate change is real" than your average TI member, but when the Dems put forward just plain nonsense like the Green New Deal, it gives folks who make sport of challenging any scientific merits a lot of ammo to tear it down. If Dems put forward more of a pragmatic and realistic proposal for dealing with environmental issues, they would probably get more people to listen.

Then you've got the people who repeat the echo chamber of "Boys, I'm telling y'all, the climate has been changing for millions of years!", like that somehow even addresses the perceived concern or ends the discussion. Or my favorite is, "Hey, those damn lib scientists said it was cooling in the 70s!" Yeah, doctors a long time ago use to think bloodletting was a proper treatment. That doesn't mean I don't listen to doctors today. At some point, I guess the scientists joined the dreaded Deep State too.

I'm pretty much beyond the hope of a genuine discussion on the topic, so it's kind of sporting to poke fun at both sides.

Last edited:
Oh, the ole climate change debate. I'm not sure there is a more controversial topic in the history of TI.

First, you have the absolutely crazy liberals who think that we can retrofit every single home and building in America to make it energy efficient. I'm probably more "climate change is real" than your average TI member, but when the Dems put forward just plain nonsense like the Green New Deal, it gives folks who make sport of challenging any scientific merits a lot of ammo to tear it down. If Dems put forward more of a pragmatic and realistic proposal for dealing with environmental issues, they would probably get more people to listen.

Then you've got the people who repeat the echo chamber of "Boys, I'm telling y'all, the climate has been changing for millions of years!", like that somehow even addresses the perceived concern or ends the discussion. Or my favorite is, "Hey, those damn lib scientists said it was cooling in the 70s!" Yeah, doctors a long time ago use to think bloodletting was a proper treatment. That doesn't mean I don't listen to doctors today. At some point, I guess the scientists joined the dreaded Deep State too.

I'm pretty much beyond the hope of a genuine discussion on the topic, so it's kind of sporting to poke fun at both sides.
Actually billions of years, but who's counting :D

The climate will work itself out. Mankind will end well before the climate causes it: mankind itself will end itself via:

* an epidemic
* weaponry
* software/ai combined with hardware that becomes self aware

The last time is the most likely over the next 200-300 years.

Yeah because viruses/plagues didn't exist until Al Gore said so..... It's science.

For those that believe warm weather is bad for the virus:

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I truly don't know, but can you explain its proliferation in warmer climates? Is there any actual evidence to support this?

Climate Change is real. The Climate Changes Everyday. It just isn't changing like the "scientists and politicians" would have you believe.

Exactly--all of these unrelated scientists, from different countries around the world, over four decades, including scientists for Exxon, are in a massive conspiracy to mislead the public for more research funds.

It only makes sense. I mean the senator from Oklahoma brought a snowball into Congress a few winters ago, clearly man-made global warming is a farce.

Wouldn't by definition all viruses/bacteria mutations be the result of "climate" change? They are always mutating to stay ahead of their environment. This one survived, 1000s more didn't.

Or it was created in some Wuhan kid's chemistry set.

Nature works together as one large symbiotic organism, some call it Gaia. When there is an infection, humanity in this case, in an organism, one way to get rid of it is to raise the temperature, like our bodies do when we get a fever. This is what global warming is. The next wave of the attack are these superbugs. COVID19 attacks people who are obese. Obese people are less likely to treat the earth kindly. They are gluttons and fart constantly, increasing greenhouse gas emissions.

China did it was an attack on the world and a Chemical war is about to begin...

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I truly don't know, but can you explain its proliferation in warmer climates? Is there any actual evidence to support this?

It really hasn't proliferated in equatorial climates. I'm sure some of that is related to substandard public health offices and reporting, but the rate of infection is low even in advanced areas where the living conditions are perfect for outbreaks. Mexico City, Singapore, Malayasia, Egypt. These are places where the expected is much much higher than what is being seen.

Something regarding breakdown of Hertwig epithelial root sheath.

It really hasn't proliferated in equatorial climates. I'm sure some of that is related to substandard public health offices and reporting, but the rate of infection is low even in advanced areas where the living conditions are perfect for outbreaks. Mexico City, Singapore, Malayasia, Egypt. These are places where the expected is much much higher than what is being seen.

Is there real (real as in not from a cable news channel or something of that ilk) evidence that supports this though? According to the counts (iand I know they're a function of testing more than anything else - if you don't test, you won't find), equatorial countries aren't faring any better/worse than anyone else.

Is there real (real as in not from a cable news channel or something of that ilk) evidence that supports this though? According to the counts (iand I know they're a function of testing more than anything else - if you don't test, you won't find), equatorial countries aren't faring any better/worse than anyone else.
TWZ doesn't deal in external, unbiased research.

Sorry everyone got distracted ....
The answer is yes, if course the covid pandemic is a symptom of climate change. The earth was a frozen ball of ice at one potentially two eras in the history of earth. Also average temps of well over 100 °f at some points. You don't have humans or the Corona virus without climate change.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Just look at the Malaysian, Philippians, India, Mexico numbers, specifically incidence rates. These are generally established public health departments with large urban/dense populations that have rates much lower than expected. Each of those countries have cities over 1million that by all known data should have seen a surge as soon as the virus was introduced. These all have incidence rates that are very low. Mexico City is less than 10/100,000. Their cities have similar characteristics and density as Chicago, Seattle, London, Paris, etc but their incidence rates are far lower. Many also have far worse pollution, but the primary difference is climate.

Even Hawaii, which has large amounts of travel from 2 hot spots is less than 50/100,000.

Singapore has had a surge recently so climate may only have a small impact and its other factors.

Central america, sub Saharan africa rates are probably due more to poorly organized public health reporting or just sparse populations than any statistical or environmental reason. Brazil is also lower than you'd expect with such large/dense population centers, but that might also be a product of data.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Just look at the Malaysian, Philippians, India, Mexico numbers, specifically incidence rates. These are generally established public health departments with large urban/dense populations that have rates much lower than expected. Each of those countries have cities over 1million that by all known data should have seen a surge as soon as the virus was introduced. These all have incidence rates that are very low. Mexico City is less than 10/100,000. Their cities have similar characteristics and density as Chicago, Seattle, London, Paris, etc but their incidence rates are far lower. Many also have far worse pollution, but the primary difference is climate.

Even Hawaii, which has large amounts of travel from 2 hot spots is less than 50/100,000.

Singapore has had a surge recently so climate may only have a small impact and its other factors.

Central america, sub Saharan africa rates are probably due more to poorly organized public health reporting or just sparse populations than any statistical or environmental reason. Brazil is also lower than you'd expect with such large/dense population centers, but that might also be a product of data.

Thanks for the reply. I was more looking for some research specific to warmer ambient temperatures slowing the spread. I hope that it (being slowed by warmer temps) is the case, but I fear that it's just another thing that people parrot because they heard it somewhere and it sounds good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT