ADVERTISEMENT

Football Team at 85.5% vaccination rate

If it weren’t for the fact that they are clogging up our healthcare system and stopping other patients from getting care, I’d be fine with the evolutionary process happening right now. Survival of the fittest in real time.

Imagine getting in a car accident and your kid can’t get admitted to the ICU because some moron didn’t get a free vaccine to own the libs.
I completely agree with your sentiment except the part about people not being vaccinated to “own the libs”. That rhetoric only strengthens the my team vs your team theme and it really shouldn’t be political at all. A couple things:

1. Not everyone who isn’t vaccinated is that way so they can own the libs.
2. There are a lot of democrats who aren’t vaccinated.
3. A persons motivation for not being vaccinated is irrelevant as the externalities are the same regardless.

Reactions: dual_tiger
She’s spitting untruths within the first minute so…to say the vaccines do nothing to stop the spread is a flat out lie, so everything after that has zero credibility.
Is she though? At best the vaccine is reducing the spread. It’s not stopping it nor will it ever stop it .We don’t have any idea how many vaccinated asymptotic carriers there even are out there spreading COVID. The numbers reported only display tested individuals.

She’s spitting untruths within the first minute so…to say the vaccines do nothing to stop the spread is a flat out lie, so everything after that has zero credibility.

She said studies have shown no discernible difference between the level of virus replicating in the nasal and pharynx of unvaccinated vs vaccinated. That the vaccine is designed to combat the severity of complication in the lungs.

Besides you pontificating it is a lie and us just trusting your knowledge, do you have thing you can point to that says she is wrong? Plenty of vaccinated people are spreading the virus, there is no doubt about that. I personally know entire families that have been vaccinated for months who have passed it around from one member to the next.

For anybody thinking my prior post is hyperbole, I introduce you to Exhibit A:

Anti-Vaxxer Sheriff who took horse dewormer dies of Covid

You can't make this up. Felt "censored" on Facebook for his Covid antivaxxer views. Put freaking horse dewormer in his body because he thought that was more appropriate, safer, and more effective than vaccine. Dies of COVID. Welcome to the new America. And going against all FDA warnings, this horse dewormer treatment was promoted by Ingraham and Carlson on... Foxnews. Stupidity is literally killing people. Incredible...
A partial truth wrapped in a huge lie is what our main stream media do. I now know all of your info is regurgitated filth.

It is very important to understand that ivermectin does come in the form of a horse paste (originally only used on animals) but in the 80’s brilliant thinkers were able to develop a human safe form of ivermectin that cured parasites causing blindness in some African countries.
Since this discovery ivermectin has been given to humans in over 4 billion doses and has had fewer adverse reactions than Tylenol.
Please don’t lie to try and prove a point. It makes everything else you say untrustworthy. I haven’t watched Fox News in over a year so I don’t know what they were referring too but I highly doubt they were telling humans to eat horse paste ivermectin.

Treatment is the answer. Especially if you have taken one of the experimental gene therapies. If you get covid please insist your doctors treat you and simply don’t say “stay at home and go to the hospital if it worsens and you are struggling to breathe”. Please ask them about treatments. Im not trying to win an argument, I’m simply trying to love my neighbor.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
A partial truth wrapped in a huge lie is what our main stream media do. I now know all of your info is regurgitated filth.

It is very important to understand that ivermectin does come in the form of a horse paste (originally only used on animals) but in the 80’s brilliant thinkers were able to develop a human safe form of ivermectin that cured parasites causing blindness in some African countries.
Since this discovery ivermectin has been given to humans in over 4 billion doses and has had fewer adverse reactions than Tylenol.
Please don’t lie to try and prove a point. It makes everything else you say untrustworthy. I haven’t watched Fox News in over a year so I don’t know what they were referring too but I highly doubt they were telling humans to eat horse paste ivermectin.

Treatment is the answer. Especially if you have taken one of the experimental gene therapies. If you get covid please insist your doctors treat you and simply don’t say “stay at home and go to the hospital if it worsens and you are struggling to breathe”. Please ask them about treatments. Im not trying to win an argument, I’m simply trying to love my neighbor.
Lol, the guy is taking an unproven medicine that the FDA is telling him to NOT use because it's not safe and effective for COVID and you are getting hung up on what form (pill or paste) he took the medicine??? Wow, the point was about the anti-science stance that people are taking and dying from it.

Lol, the guy is taking an unproven medicine that the FDA is telling him to NOT use because it's not safe and effective for COVID and you are getting hung up on what form (pill or paste) he took the medicine??? Wow, the point was about the anti-science stance that people are taking and dying from it.
Ok. I’ll start from the beginning because I care about you.
1.) the FDA has approved a proven medicine called ivermectin. It must be the human form to meet this criteria and it is available in pharmacies today. With full fda approval and over 4 billion doses proving it is safer than Tylenol.

2.) I encourage you to read about Uttar Pradesh in India to see how effective not only ivermectin is but also other known medicines we can use to treat this virus and the diseases it causes.

3.) The individual that took horse paste obviously wasn’t smart and didn’t listen to or read the science about the safe human ivermectin.

4.) I want to encourage you to read what the fda has approved for the experimental
Gene therapies. They have not approved anything you can currently get in the marketplace right now.

5.) This point is my conjecture as it hasn’t been proven. I think it’s important to say that as everything else I’ve said (apart from how smart that sherif was, I don’t actually know) has been facts proven by data.
My conjecture is this: the FDA gave an approval to a experimental gene therapy that isn’t on the market because they don’t believe it’s entirely safe and therefore don’t want any liability on them if it is indeed proven to be very unsafe. The fda also skipped the normal peer review portion of approving a medicine which leads me to believe once again that they don’t believe in the safety or efficacy of this new experimental gene therapy.

Edit to add point 6.

6.) if you believe in science, please read the two poets the fda put out Monday. Read about the treatments that doctors here in the US and oversees are using to defeat the symptoms. The science shows when you defeat the symptoms and lessen the viral load it becomes harder for the virus to survive and spread.

Thank you for sharing these heartbreaking stories that highlight the reality of the situation. Question for you, why do you feel you “failed” these parents? If people don’t want to protect themselves and their loved ones, why should the burden of guilt be on people like you on the medical side?
When I meet people its because they've come to me for help. Everyone gets a clean slate when you walk through the door (murderers, illegal immigrants, drug addicts, etc). There's a feeling of inadequacy when people come to you for help and there aren't many options that you can offer (the best option in that case being a breathing tube, ie supportive care). You can't take everything personal as a physician, but I take a long look internally whenever my patients have poor outcomes to see what I / our profession could've done better.

The vaccine isn't a "fix" by any means, but its the most targeted care that we have at the moment.

Ok. I’ll start from the beginning because I care about you.
1.) the FDA has approved a proven medicine called ivermectin. It must be the human form to meet this criteria and it is available in pharmacies today. With full fda approval and over 4 billion doses proving it is safer than Tylenol.

2.) I encourage you to read about Uttar Pradesh in India to see how effective not only ivermectin is but also other known medicines we can use to treat this virus and the diseases it causes.

3.) The individual that took horse paste obviously wasn’t smart and didn’t listen to or read the science about the safe human ivermectin.

4.) I want to encourage you to read what the fda has approved for the experimental
Gene therapies. They have not approved anything you can currently get in the marketplace right now.

5.) This point is my conjecture as it hasn’t been proven. I think it’s important to say that as everything else I’ve said (apart from how smart that sherif was, I don’t actually know) has been facts proven by data.
My conjecture is this: the FDA gave an approval to a experimental gene therapy that isn’t on the market because they don’t believe it’s entirely safe and therefore don’t want any liability on them if it is indeed proven to be very unsafe. The fda also skipped the normal peer review portion of approving a medicine which leads me to believe once again that they don’t believe in the safety or efficacy of this new experimental gene therapy.
Thank you for the civil response and pointing me to these sources. I will look into those. I am for all available safe and effective treatments to be made available. Especially as the vaccine isn't perfect solution and that shit virus is going to mutate and mess with our lives. Again, thank you for sharing these data points, I will read them to form a more educated opinion on the matter.

edit: added the word "treatments"

• Love
Reactions: poates6
When I meet people its because they've come to me for help. Everyone gets a clean slate when you walk through the door (murderers, illegal immigrants, drug addicts, etc). There's a feeling of inadequacy when people come to you for help and there aren't many options that you can offer (the best option in that case being a breathing tube, ie supportive care). You can't take everything personal as a physician, but I take a long look internally whenever my patients have poor outcomes to see what I / our profession could've done better.

The vaccine isn't a "fix" by any means, but its the most targeted care that we have at the moment.
The hospital or office you work for won’t allow other treatments?
I’m not trying to argue I really want to know what you can do for someone that has covid and comes to you.

Are you generally seeing patients on days 10-14 of symptoms that are highly severe already?
Has there been anything you’ve studied as you are trying to help save lives that has shown effective in treating the diseases caused by the virus?

You seem to have a good heart and be in the right profession :) Thankful for all the amazing people like you that make a difference and help us and our loved ones live healthier lives.

The unvaccinated are a useless burden on society. They cost the American taxpayer $2 billion in the month of July. Their stupidity is destroying this country 1 unavailable hospital bed at a time.

If you are unvaccinated still, congrats on being a f**king mooch and burden on the rest of us. You’re no better than some welfare bum.
What about the obesity problem in this country? There are far and away more daily deaths from obesity related heart disease than any other cause, more than cancer, crime, accidents, etc, and certainly the China Virus. If you want to solve the biggest drain on the medical system then start with the biggest issue.

What about the obesity problem in this country? There are far and away more daily deaths from obesity related heart disease than any other cause, more than cancer, crime, accidents, etc, and certainly the China Virus. If you want to solve the biggest drain on the medical system then start with the biggest issue.
  • Obesity isn't communicable
  • Obesity isn't heavily mitigated by a simple shot
  • Obesity has not historically crashed ICUs and our health system's ability to dole out critical care
  • Obesity isn't threatening people's livelihoods and society's ability to function en masse as intended
We all understand that people have serious issues with eating/drinking/smoking, but none of those behaviors are comparable in any legitimate way to what Covid has wrought.

Unless those people clog up the ICUs and folks with less preventable issues don’t have access. Again, the filling up of hospitals with these bozos is what gets me. If you want to be unvaccinated, fine, but would you also commit to not going to the hospital if you get it? Of course you wouldn’t. And therein lies the inconsistency to me
This 100%.

I’m no lib and can’t stand what’s going on politically on our country, but I’m not stupid enough to follow the antivax crowd made up primarily of my political affiliation.

if you don’t want the shot, fine. Just stay at home and get treated so others who don’t have the choice of having cancer and other things can get the help they need.

Ok. But we’re dealing with the issue of COVID. Don’t try and deflect.

• Obesity isn't communicable
  • Obesity isn't heavily mitigated by a simple shot
  • Obesity has not historically crashed ICUs and our health system's ability to dole out critical care
  • Obesity isn't threatening people's livelihoods and society's ability to function en masse as intended
We all understand that people have serious issues with eating/drinking/smoking, but none of those behaviors are comparable in any legitimate way to what Covid has wrought.
You need to reread his post and my response. His complaint was about the taxpayer cost/drain on the medical system of the unvaccinated. I simply pointed out the actual biggest healthcare issue in this country going on decades now as being the largest taxpayer burden, which needs addressing. And still to this day obesity leads to far more daily deaths than Covid has or ever will.

You need to reread his post and my response. His complaint was about the taxpayer cost/drain on the medical system of the unvaccinated. I simply pointed out the actual biggest healthcare issue in this country going on decades now as being the largest taxpayer burden, which needs addressing. And still to this day obesity leads to far more daily deaths than Covid has or ever will.
Agree with you in terms of long view. There are reasons employers now have insurance plans that charge more for people deemed unhealthy. No problem with that or your overarching point. Just have seen these kinds of lifestyle arguments thrown around a lot in an attempt to discredit our attempts to mitigate Covid.

Not now.

That study is outdated and before delta started breaking through vaccines left and right.

Can you get reinfected after having Covid? Yes, of course, but vaccines do not provide better protection.
Hot off the presses

Now point me to a study from the CDC that shows a vaccine offers more protection than natural immunity.

Good luck finding it as it doesn't exist and they aren't interested in anything that undermines the vaccine.

Not sure who some of you are trying to convince to get or not get vaccinated. But some of you have posted your opinions over and over and over. Whose mind do you think you are changing?

Man, just let people die and get sick - what difference it make to you?

And if people want to get vaccinated for whatever reason - work, travel, health - then let em

You do you.
Fine. Just don't show up at a hospital and don't go and spread Covid to anyone.

Wait--you can't do that last one, unless all anti-vaxxers agreed to self isolate for forever.

My friend just lost his best friend--immunocompromised and couldn't get the vaccine. Young father of a family of great kids who don't have a father bc of stupid antivaxxers. If this generation of stupid existed in the past--polio would have crippled half the country.

At least with Polio antivaxxers would be forced to see young children crippled their entire lives because they wanted their 'freedom' to be libertarian jerks--antichristlike selfish individuals--but with covid you say more stupid things like 'with' covid, not 'from' covid.

But yeah--you do you (which, by the by, goes against pretty much every parable Christ taught...)

Worked out good for her
Gotta wait to find out what the actual cause is but luckily no one in the US getting AstraZ anyway.

But we can do the killed by Covid article post game over 600k times. Now with younger and younger kids: https://www.mississippifreepress.or...hs-double-in-a-month-with-sixth-child-victim/

Hot off the presses

Now point me to a study from the CDC that shows a vaccine offers more protection than natural immunity.

Good luck finding it as it doesn't exist and they aren't interested in anything that undermines the vaccine.
Oh so you are moving the goal posts now gotcha. So in your mind the cdc is the only credible outlet for information ?

Fine. Just don't show up at a hospital and don't go and spread Covid to anyone.

Wait--you can't do that last one, unless all anti-vaxxers agreed to self isolate for forever.

My friend just lost his best friend--immunocompromised and couldn't get the vaccine. Young father of a family of great kids who don't have a father bc of stupid antivaxxers. If this generation of stupid existed in the past--polio would have crippled half the country.

At least with Polio antivaxxers would be forced to see young children crippled their entire lives because they wanted their 'freedom' to be libertarian jerks--antichristlike selfish individuals--but with covid you say more stupid things like 'with' covid, not 'from' covid.

But yeah--you do you (which, by the by, goes against pretty much every parable Christ taught...)
Well I hope you are taking your own advice and wearing a mask and staying six feet from everyone and avoiding crowds because the vaccinated are spreading this virus that is a fact. Wouldn’t want you to spread the virus to someone else.

Reactions: Essolover4
Oh so you are moving the goal posts now gotcha. So in your mind the cdc is the only credible outlet for information ?

Moving what goal posts?

The CDC is behind every other developed nation when it comes to researching Covid data.

As far as I can tell all they have tracked is breakthrough cases (which they stopped once it became clear there were too many to keep track of) and how many vaxxed people end up in the hospital or dead compared to unvaxxed people.

You never hear a peep about preventative studies, etc. Only get vaxxed or die. That is it. And wear a mask.

Would you not be interested in what the stats say about reinfection rates and what their chance of going into the hospital or dying are if they catch Covid a second time? We sure have the stats for those vaccinated that contract Covid.

The messaging from the CDC has been horrific and they totally dismiss natural infection and act as if it doesn't count towards "herd immunity" or spread prevention.

Reactions: Essolover4
Gotta wait to find out what the actual cause is but luckily no one in the US getting AstraZ anyway.

But we can do the killed by Covid article post game over 600k times. Now with younger and younger kids: https://www.mississippifreepress.or...hs-double-in-a-month-with-sixth-child-victim/
They’ve already figured what the cause is …..the vaccine. Funny that you should trust Pfizer tho . The same company that was guilty of the largest healthcare fraud in history . They had to pay 2.3 billion dollars in damages in 2009. But hey let’s make it mandatory lol.

Obesity is a multi factorial issue. Voluntarily choosing to not get a safe vaccine in unprecedented times is just stupid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT