ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, POTUS paid for the fast food out of his own funds

The timing was interesting. Did either Clemson or the WH ever mention why the visit was so early?

Previous College Football Championship visits:

2010 - May 8
2011 - June 8
2012 - April 19
2013 - April 15
2014 - No visit
2015 - April 20
2016 - March 2
2017 - June 17
2018 - April 10
2019 - January 14
I would be shocked if Trump pushed for it as some sort of PR move. Shocked.

And some of you people just bitch about anything. Go volunteer or serve others and quit criticizing the dang food the football was served. So trivial in the scheme of things. Who gives a crap???
You surely would have if the President name was Obama! There are hundreds of mom & pops restaurants within walking house of the White House that would have been proud to cater this event for the President, including Bud & Pop, Farmbird & Unconventional Diner! Our players deserve better & I Give A Crap!

You’re comparing apples and oranges. The purpose was to visit the White House and be recognized for the National Championship. It wasn’t about dinner.

If it wasn’t about dinner then why have a massive photo op specifically showing the spread? Just show the press conference and Oval Office pics.

Poor Abe is looking down thinking we sacrificed 750,000 people for this.

I say this all the time. Having political alignment and also having the inability to criticize one’s own party/participants when it’s terribly obvious is the devil itself.

It’s ok to acknowledge poor decisions. I was raging at Dabo in the 4th quarter with 12 minutes left throwing TWICE out of our own EZ up 44 to 16. Run the clock, kill the game.

Next drive, it happened.

This thread did not disappoint. Was gonna keep my mouth shut, but what the hell, I'll take a a dip in the acid bath.

Personally, as a non-Trump supporter, I think this whole thing is hilarious and ironically awesome. Who can say they got to eat Big Macs in the White House with the most controversial president of our country's history while the government was shut down. You can't make that shit up.

Hell, I might have to put that on my bucket list.

Nothing quite like cold fast food, even if it's free.

My nephews on the team and he said they loved it. The whole experience. The food, the Oval Office, Washington DC and what a cool experience they can tell their grandkids about.
The team also thought Trump was cool as hell.

Except the White House seemed to make it a priority that everyone know about the dinner.

I'll ask again, if you are inviting guests to your home, are you serving fast food?

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the players were asked what type of food they wanted? Don’t you ask your guest the type of food they prefer when inviting them over?

Trump could be in a soup kitchen serving up meals to the homeless and giving each of them a thousand dollars on the way out and some of you would criticize him for not giving them more.
We will never see him in that position. I cannot tell if you are truly serious...

1441857446295_secondwebsite.jpg

Would rather eat with the Queen :cool:

Serious question. Last time in the Garden, it appeared to be a team photo. Presentation of Jersey, Deshaun, etc. This trip, mainly pictures of the Trump and many players evidently did not go. Was the trip.optional to the team?

I can honestly say, and this is coming from a republican, Trump makes me cringe. His speech last night would have been fine without all his awkward tangents from what was written. But, he is who he is, and I believe he was being genuine. As for the food, everyone needs to get over it. Given what's going on, the time constraints, etc., I thought it was cool. And this is coming from a conservative that is more likely to bash Trump than support him. That will be a story they can share for the rest of their lives. Besides, didn't they get the red carpet treatment two years ago?

And, if a gamecock has a set big enough to make a joke of this, just tell them that their team will never set foot in that home without buying a ticket, and when they go to McDonald's, they're ordering off the dollar menu!

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
The only reason we are talking about the food is because TRUMP SPOKE ABOUT THE FOOD!!!! He went before the cameras/media to show off the burgers and pizzas....just to make another political point about the government being shut down and the wall.

What did Bama eat last year? What did we eat two years ago? No one knows, because it isn't relevant.

Trump decided to make it relevant this year and now our undefeated team will be a part of a running joke years from now...the president gave them happy meals.

Great season by our players, great speech(as always) at White House by Dabo....but Trump will be Trump and he can do no wrong in most of your eyes.

Our team deserved better.

No matter how anyone tries to spin that, it was embarrassing.

Those kids deserved better. A meal that they don’t get to experience.

I haven’t had a Gamecock fan dare to text me abt anything in years when it comes to football. Got one tonight laughing at that. Of course I let him have it, but still
It’s not like the team ain’t eating surf n turf on a regular basis my friend...they eat well

And some of you people just bitch about anything. Go volunteer or serve others and quit criticizing the dang food the football was served. So trivial in the scheme of things. Who gives a crap???
Apparently you give a crap because of your comment "Our President is so generous and caring". I will give you credit though as you have to be the first person in history to ever say those words about Trump.

You surely would have if the President name was Obama! There are hundreds of mom & pops restaurants within walking house of the White House that would have been proud to cater this event for the President, including Bud & Pop, Farmbird & Unconventional Diner! Our players deserve better & I Give A Crap!
It was a gimmick.
And as said, I would give up my old truck to be able to eat fast food.

Reactions: IMBlessed
And, if a gamecock has a set big enough to make a joke of this, just tell them that their team will never set foot in that home without buying a ticket, and when they go to McDonald's, they're ordering off the dollar menu![/QUOTE]
Ordering from a classmate.

I think this is great for Clemson. Usually a school gets a 10 second blip about meeting the president. Because it’s Trump and so off the wall, it’s being talked about everywhere. Every time it’s talked about, Clemson is mentioned. Like they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

IF it’s not about the food... and it’s all about to so call HONOR of the WH visit.... why could not Donald did as the last time... invite them during the day and let them go on back home and the athletic department find a good place to enjoy the experience... maybe it’s southern hospitality... I would not invite you to my house to serve unsweetened tea and boloney sammich... if I invite you, I am going to put my BEST foot forward! Where something that should not be political... surely Sonald will make it political ‍♂️

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the players were asked what type of food they wanted? Don’t you ask your guest the type of food they prefer when inviting them over?
There were players who thought it was a joke at first. Also, look how few players were there.

And I'll remind you, our starting left tackle for next season was not impressed.

It’s not like the team ain’t eating surf n turf on a regular basis my friend...they eat well

Yes, but the meal at the WH in 2017 was the best meal Renfrow ever had according to him. So it obviously was higher quality meal than the chef puts together in the cafeteria or Outback on a road trip.

Everyone is laughing at this. Again, those players that went deserved better than to be served cold fast food so the POTUS can prove a point.

Lord, this man could serve our players roasted dicks from convicted felons and some people on here would say, "I just admire him for being tough on crime!"

It's not generous or kind to serve people the cheapest-ass food you can possibly buy when you invite them to the White House for a traditional photo-op that gets you positive publicity.

This man could end the war in Korea, extinguish ISIS, lead the country to its highest levels of unemployment, encourage growth, bring back manufacturing jobs, finally move the embassy in Jerusalem, and on and on and so many morons would hate on him for serving a bunch of college kids a fast food buffet.

Haters gonna hate. Go on with your miserable life.

BTW, it would be cheaper to feed them trays of catered foods like chicken, sausage, shrimp and pasta than what he did. Guy hasn't even kept a paycheck from us in two years while taking a break from his life to plunge himself into the abyss of hatred to serve his country.

President Trump is a great American. He doesn't need this crap like most politicians whose intentions lie primarily with being elected.

N---

More example of this fan base not knowing how to handle winning...

-Win National Title
-Go to White House
-Food is not what players "deserve"
-Make it about politics and start a pissing match about Trump
-Do not celebrate the fact our kids got an experience of a life time and hang with the POTUS (regardless of affiliation) in the oval office.
-Do not celebrate how well our head coach represented the program on a national level

Fact is:
-Government is on shut down
-Trump likely was making a point but also trying to make it about supporting American based companies...it was definitely political. Everything at the White House is political
-Trump was trying to make it a fun, relaxed college environment with some fast food.
-He is socially awkward and everyone has known this for years...so it came across differently than intended...
-At the end of the day Clemson is the National Champions and it is not a big deal

One day, these kids will be laughing about having Big Macs with the POTUS in the White House with their grandkids when they tell them about this football season over a McDonald's Happy Meal.

You think they would be telling them about a White House buffet and having a laugh? It won't be a political point in 30 years. It will be a memory.

Trump could be in a soup kitchen serving up meals to the homeless and giving each of them a thousand dollars on the way out and some of you would criticize him for not giving them more.
Why would he being doing any of that? Hes never done it before.

More example of this fan base not knowing how to handle winning...

-Win National Title
-Go to White House
-Food is not what players "deserve"
-Make it about politics and start a pissing match about Trump
-Do not celebrate the fact our kids got an experience of a life time and hang with the POTUS (regardless of affiliation) in the oval office.
-Do not celebrate how well our head coach represented the program on a national level
These are not mutually exclusive, I can celebrate the kids going to the White House and still think the food was a cheap political stunt.

These are not mutually exclusive, I can celebrate the kids going to the White House and still think the food was a cheap political stunt.

who gives a shit? Society is so dang sensitive...he is the President and he is in the middle of a shut down...of course it was political.

Lots of people, that's why it was all over the news.

Lots of people give a shit because the media will do whatever they can to put negative pres out about the POTUS. Had Obama done this or even Bush or Reagan it would have been a good laugh and all in fun.

Which was it's intention whether political stunt or not it was meant in fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT