ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, POTUS paid for the fast food out of his own funds

One last thing, some food for thought. If people who are annoyed with the food choice (or the president for that matter), and making you angry enough to post back at them complaining. You are probably to "sensitive" to be calling anyone sensitive.

Why would he being doing any of that? Hes never done it before.

You mean like this? Even covered by CNN
170902140120-11-trump-houston-0902-large-169.jpg

Yeah let’s not help out a small business by having them cater. It’s embarrassing having him as our president. Even worse when he opens his mouth.

Are you embarrassed to pump all your low priced gasoline?

Are you embarrassed to pump all your low priced gasoline?

This isn't intellectually honest. Just like trump isn't responsible for the high gas prices we saw, he's not responsible for the low ones either.

Yes, but the meal at the WH in 2017 was the best meal Renfrow ever had according to him. So it obviously was higher quality meal than the chef puts together in the cafeteria or Outback on a road trip.

Everyone is laughing at this. Again, those players that went deserved better than to be served cold fast food so the POTUS can prove a point.
Maybe some are...I’m certain the liberal media is making a big deal of this but I’m also fairly certain the players didn’t mind it either...it supposed to be a fun, lighthearted event anyway...not sure why everyone thinks everything is supposed to be so serious.

And making Trump was trying to make a point...& that solution is simple. Schumer & Pelosi need to pony up the dough for a wall. I mean, they recently signed a bill to send like 80 billion dollars in foreign aid to countries that don’t really need it yet they can’t approve 5 billion for a border that we desperately need? Cmon...time to stop playing politics just cause they’re trying to stop Trump from getting a “win”

My nephews on the team and he said they loved it. The whole experience. The food, the Oval Office, Washington DC and what a cool experience they can tell their grandkids about.
The team also thought Trump was cool as hell.
Yah you don't have any relatives on the team Earle. Shut up Earle

uMZYhUb.png

Our QB told all you Trump haters to shut the hell up.

Stop being so gullible, he didn't say that and now you are politicizing our heisman QB for your benefit of worldview. Just stop. Thats a fake quote and you should feel ashamed.

"It was awesome," Lawrence told us while taking pics with Clemson fans ... "We had McDonalds and everything. It was good!"

Another fan asked Lawrence how many times he plans on returning to the White House -- to which he replied, "Hopefully, a few more!"

Stop being so gullible, he didn't say that and now you are politicizing our heisman QB for your benefit of worldview. Just stop. Thats a fake quote and you should feel ashamed.

"It was awesome," Lawrence told us while taking pics with Clemson fans ... "We had McDonalds and everything. It was good!"

Another fan asked Lawrence how many times he plans on returning to the White House -- to which he replied, "Hopefully, a few more!"

Yeah...I saw that after I posted. Don’t know why Clemson people would make up something and quote him as saying it when he didn’t. That’s pathetic. I should have checked before I posted.

Yeah...I saw that after I posted. Don’t know why Clemson people would make up something and quote him as saying it when he didn’t. That’s pathetic. I should have checked before I posted.
Can you let me know where you got that?
You do realize our own University has been tracking Russian Trolls on social media and that they are responsible for a LOT of the divisive memes and misinformation that is being put out there to drive wedges into the american people.
So where did you get that?

I can honestly say, and this is coming from a republican, Trump makes me cringe. His speech last night would have been fine without all his awkward tangents from what was written. But, he is who he is, and I believe he was being genuine. As for the food, everyone needs to get over it. Given what's going on, the time constraints, etc., I thought it was cool. And this is coming from a conservative that is more likely to bash Trump than support him. That will be a story they can share for the rest of their lives. Besides, didn't they get the red carpet treatment two years ago?

And, if a gamecock has a set big enough to make a joke of this, just tell them that their team will never set foot in that home without buying a ticket, and when they go to McDonald's, they're cooking the fries!

FIFY

Reactions: clemsonu96
You do realize our own University has been tracking Russian Trolls on social media and that they are responsible for a LOT of the divisive memes and misinformation that is being put out there to drive wedges into the american people.

Saw it on several different different Clemson fan sites. Have no idea the origin.

Lots of people give a shit because the media will do whatever they can to put negative pres out about the POTUS. Had Obama done this or even Bush or Reagan it would have been a good laugh and all in fun.

Which was it's intention whether political stunt or not it was meant in fun.

I agree, but this is where we have to acknowledge that Trump brings a lot of this on himself. The constant attention grabbing and trolling gives, and it takes away. At any rate, there's plenty to criticize about this guy without going after the food choice at a national championship reception. Lot of unhinged reactions on both sides of this on here.

I agree, but this is where we have to acknowledge that Trump brings a lot of this on himself. The constant attention grabbing and trolling gives, and it takes away. At any rate, there's plenty to criticize about this guy without going after the food choice at a national championship reception. Lot of unhinged reactions on both sides of this on here.

The fact that this story is bigger than Dems taking a vacation and enjoying themselves while government is shit down is absolutely ridiculous

He may bring it on himself but at least he’s still working and at the White House. Jus sayin

Solid level "yikes" response to another "yikes" post. Y'all just can't help yourselves.

who gives a shit? Society is so dang sensitive...he is the President and he is in the middle of a shut down...of course it was political.
1. As an American & CU Fan, I give A Shit!
2. Agree 100% it was a Political Stunt! However, Our Players Deserve Better!

1. As an American & CU Fan, I give A Shit!
2. Agree 100% it was a Political Stunt! However, Our Players Deserve Better!

The fact grown adults on a message board are so up in their feelings about this is hilarious.

The players enjoyed themselves and have stories to tell for years. Keep letting it ruin your day

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Maybe some are...I’m certain the liberal media is making a big deal of this but I’m also fairly certain the players didn’t mind it either...it supposed to be a fun, lighthearted event anyway...not sure why everyone thinks everything is supposed to be so serious.

And making Trump was trying to make a point...& that solution is simple. Schumer & Pelosi need to pony up the dough for a wall. I mean, they recently signed a bill to send like 80 billion dollars in foreign aid to countries that don’t really need it yet they can’t approve 5 billion for a border that we desperately need? Cmon...time to stop playing politics just cause they’re trying to stop Trump from getting a “win”
As soon as RBG dies or steps down, the wall will be paid for. Blind trump supporters don’t understand he doesn’t give a shit about the wall, but is using this as leverage. Build a wall and look weak politically, or live with Trump nominating (and has the resources to force it through) a conservative judge to last a lifetime.

Reactions: IMBlessed

I'm on board with this. Surely trump serving shitty food doesn't impact yalls day to day.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Right, its not important, its just propaganda utilizing our team and qb. cool you're cool.

And you concluded that was a Russian bot how? Because Russian bots are responsible for "a LOT" of misinformation? If it's all as obvious and unimportant as this, then I can't see how it was supposed to be effective. It's just silliness.

uMZYhUb.png

Our QB told all you Trump haters to shut the hell up.
I imagine if one of our players said something like that publicly Dabo would flip out. Maybe I am wrong. I don't think Dabo likes to mix politics and football.

And you concluded that was a Russian bot how? Because Russian bots are responsible for "a LOT" of misinformation? If it's all as obvious and unimportant as this, then I can't see how it was supposed to be effective. It's just silliness.
I didn't conclude that, go back, read and process what I wrote. I said our University has been tracking Russian Trolls who create fake news/memes to rile everyone up. I asked where she found it. So that I could look into it more.
She posted it here as gospel because it confirmed her bias, we all are guilty of such biases and wanting to confirm them, Russian troll accounts have been identified that prey on such wedge issues. Thats all. You trying to demean the issue and myself is because you are uncomfortable with it.

I imagine if one of our players said something like that publicly Dabo would flip out. Maybe I am wrong. I don't think Dabo likes to mix politics and football.

Are you kidding me? Politics matter.....:)

The fact grown adults on a message board are so up in their feelings about this is hilarious.

The players enjoyed themselves and have stories to tell for years. Keep letting it ruin your day
Well we will agree to disagree, because Our House, The White House used to celebrate achievement should be done in Grand Fashion & not used as an agenda driven ploy. Besides not all CU players & or families were happy! Yes, I do know some! Also, Everyday for me is Outsatnding, I am Truly Blessed!

Well we will agree to disagree, because Our House, The White House used to celebrate achievement should be done in Grand Fashion & not used as an agenda driven ploy. Besides not all CU players & or families were happy! Yes, I do know some! Also, Everyday for me is Outsatnding, I am Truly Blessed!

Players were not required to attend...if they opted to go and they were upset because they got free fast food that is on them. I’d be disappointed if my child complained about that

Clemson accepted the invitation, the players that opted to go went and they got a great experience.

Society is so damn entitled...appreciate the small things and stop trying to turn and twist everything into a negative

You being “blessed everyday” should appreciate that.

Players were not required to attend...if they opted to go and they were upset because they got free fast food that is on them. I’d be disappointed if my child complained about that

Clemson accepted the invitation, the players that opted to go went and they got a great experience.

Society is so damn entitled...appreciate the small things and stop trying to turn and twist everything into a negative

"MY complaining about stuff is justified but YOUR complained about stuff is entitlement."

Well where do we begin, let’s go bottom up!
1. By being blessed everyday I realize that “I am Blessed To Be A Blessing”! Thus, I chose to Celebrate Others with The Best, since I am Blessed! Besides Our Coach, Sweeney has created a climate where “Excellence Is The Standard”! Our Football Players have earned An Excellent Celebration In Our White House!
2. I look @ the majority of the People in Our Country as: Great, Hardworking, opinionated & God fearing! Thus if their opinion (as is the case with you & many irt this subject) is different than mine, I choose to Respect It! So in my opinion: Your Not Entitled, Twisting Everything Into A Negative, But argumentative & I choose to Disagree But Respect Your Opinion!
3. Yes the power to be in CU accepted this invitation! However, Scholarship Student Athletes Do Not Have (I was Blessed with two D-1 Student Athletes) The Option to accept or deny social functions, so they may have embraced the experience but there wasn’t an option!
4. Finally, I enjoyed raising strong minded, opinionated Men! So when they expressed such, I am Very Proud! Sir, the way you chose to raise your children, Is Respected!
I appreciate you!

Well where do we begin, let’s go bottom up!
1. By being blessed everyday I realize that “I am Blessed To Be A Blessing”! Thus, I chose to Celebrate Others with The Best, since I am Blessed! Besides Our Coach, Sweeney has created a climate where “Excellence Is The Standard”! Our Football Players have earned An Excellent Celebration In Our White House!
2. I look @ the majority of the People in Our Country as: Great, Hardworking, opinionated & God fearing! Thus if their opinion (as is the case with you & many irt this subject) is different than mine, I choose to Respect It! So in my opinion: Your Not Entitled, Twisting Everything Into A Negative, But argumentative & I choose to Disagree But Respect Your Opinion!
3. Yes the power to be in CU accepted this invitation! However, Scholarship Student Athletes Do Not Have (I was Blessed with two D-1 Student Athletes) The Option to accept or deny social functions, so they may have embraced the experience but there wasn’t an option!
4. Finally, I enjoyed raising strong minded, opinionated Men! So when they expressed such, I am Very Proud! Sir, the way you chose to raise your children, Is Respected!
I appreciate you!

First of all please spell our coaches name correct. It’s not Sweeney!

And yes players had the option to accept or decline this invitation and some opted to not attend

I understand how D-1 scholarships work...I went to college on one

Go be blessed

Last edited:
Reactions: Rychek4
First of all please spell out coaches name correct. It’s not Sweeney!

And yes players had the option to accept or decline this invitation and some opted to not attend

I understand how D-1 scholarships work...I went to college on one

Go be blessed
That’s It...man I expected more.
The “Scholarship Players Did Not Have An Option”!
Congratulations on your scholarship, but please inform Us what options irt your participation in social activities you had, please!
Finally, You don’t go Be Blessed; your Blessed because of God Grace & Mercy, which is given and cannot be earned.
SWINNEY... William Christopher “Dabo” Swinney who played @ Alabama with my cousin Curtis “Curt” Brown! I am Blessed & So Are You!

Please Serve CU Football Champion Football Players Championship Meals! Thank You!

That’s It...man I expected more.
The “Scholarship Players Did Not Have An Option”!
Congratulations on your scholarship, but please inform Us what options irt your participation in social activities you had, please!
Finally, You don’t go Be Blessed; your Blessed because of God Grace & Mercy, which is given and cannot be earned.
SWINNEY... William Christopher “Dabo” Swinney who played @ Alabama with my cousin Curtis “Curt” Brown! I am Blessed & So Are You!

Please Serve CU Football Champion Football Players Championship Meals! Thank You!

The fact you don’t realize the players did have an option to attend or not attend tells me all I need to know. Scholarship football players were not required to attend

And yes I know who our coach is and out of respect I’ll spell his name correctly.

"What a fun day it's been," Swinney said during his remarks in the East Room. "It's an honor to be a part of this tradition, and to be honest with you, it's really cool that football can create an opportunity like this."

“The team loved it. The families loved it, and everyone was so hospitable and welcoming in the White House. It’s a pretty cool tradition that the National Champions get to visit the White House,” he wrote.

The fact you don’t realize the players did have an option to attend or not attend tells me all I need to know. Scholarship football players were not required to attend

And yes I know who our coach is and out of respect I’ll spell his name correctly.

"What a fun day it's been," Swinney said during his remarks in the East Room. "It's an honor to be a part of this tradition, and to be honest with you, it's really cool that football can create an opportunity like this."

“The team loved it. The families loved it, and everyone was so hospitable and welcoming in the White House. It’s a pretty cool tradition that the National Champions get to visit the White House,” he wrote.
Good Morning Sir, trust all is well!
Again, My question to you: as I stated, as the parent of two D-1 Student Athletes, info from people in the Know @ CU, No Scholarship Student Athletes were/are Given an option to or not to attend any Social Functions & this include the fast food fiasco (My Opinion) in Our White House! My question as asked earlier: You said you were a D-1 Scholarship (Congratulations) Student Athlete; What Social Function were “You Given The Option To Attend Or Not”!

I appreciate Coach “Swinney” kind & honest quotes irt being in Our White House! However, as what lead to our discussions, I reiterate: Our Players, In My Opinion, Deserve A Better Meal in Our White House than A fast food feast! In Our House, The White House, Our 15-0, Kick Alabama & Notre Dame Butt, Best Is The Standard, Hard Working Football Team, Should Be Celebrated As The Royality they are & that includes their Meal! Besides they were dressed as champions!

Question 2: Would you invite someone in your home, to celebrate their achievement & serve fast food?

Self disclosure, there wasn’t anything served that I would not have enjoyed! However, Our 15-0, Best Is The Standard, Hard Working Football Players, Earned & Deserved The Royal Treatment in Our White House & that included their Meal!
Proverbs 3:5-6!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT