ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, POTUS paid for the fast food out of his own funds

He has a hotel just down the street. He could've done much better. It was disrespectful.

No matter how anyone tries to spin that, it was embarrassing.

Those kids deserved better. A meal that they don’t get to experience.

I haven’t had a Gamecock fan dare to text me abt anything in years when it comes to football. Got one tonight laughing at that. Of course I let him have it, but still

No he was making a bad joke. He is the most awkward person I have ever seen to give a speech.

Reactions: RJdent
What he should have said is “can’t wait to have you back once we get a wall” ... just bustin ass guys don’t get your panties in a wad...

"Let's see, I'm on the hook for this meal due to the shutdown. What's the cheapest possible thing I could buy?"

Do you actually think that billionaire was looking for the cheapest thing he could by? Money was not a factor. The food was convenient and I’m sure he genuinely thought they would like it. He didn’t have to have them at all! It was an honor to be invited. That’s an invitation most of us will never receive.

Lord, this man could serve our players roasted dicks from convicted felons and some people on here would say, "I just admire him for being tough on crime!"

It's not generous or kind to serve people the cheapest-ass food you can possibly buy when you invite them to the White House for a traditional photo-op that gets you positive publicity.

Team travels all the time for business, I believe this would be something you tell your grandkids,

To me it is kind of a cool thing. Cheap yes, but they will remember forever.

Next year they can do steaks.

A fancy meal is overrated!!!

What do they usually serve for the meal? A little Buffett deal I would assume?

I've never heard this big of deal made out of the dinner that is served. Just curious what the usual is.

Reactions: electrictiger78
Do you actually think that billionaire was looking for the cheapest thing he could by? Money was not a factor. The food was convenient and I’m sure he genuinely thought they would like it. He didn’t have to have them at all! It was an honor to be invited. That’s an invitation most of us will never receive.
When you have guests for dinner, do you get fast food?

il-pawn-done.png

Pawn - a person used by others for their own purposes.

Poor judgement on his part but I honestly think he put some thought into it and truly believed they would love it.

If he wanted to do burgers and fries they should have been homemade and fresh.

Cold fast food burgers and fries are disgusting, even for college kids. It cheapened the moment.

You’re comparing apples and oranges. The purpose was to visit the White House and be recognized for the National Championship. It wasn’t about dinner.
Except the White House seemed to make it a priority that everyone know about the dinner.

I'll ask again, if you are inviting guests to your home, are you serving fast food?

Lord, this man could serve our players roasted dicks from convicted felons and some people on here would say, "I just admire him for being tough on crime!"

It's not generous or kind to serve people the cheapest-ass food you can possibly buy when you invite them to the White House for a traditional photo-op that gets you positive publicity.

This! Also, if Obama had done this what would they be saying?

And some of you people just bitch about anything. Go volunteer or serve others and quit criticizing the dang food the football was served. So trivial in the scheme of things. Who gives a crap???

Curious... where do you volunteer? Who do you serve?

Reactions: RJdent

"Billionaire"

What do they usually serve for the meal? A little Buffett deal I would assume?

I've never heard this big of deal made out of the dinner that is served. Just curious what the usual is.

A big deal never had to be made out of it in the past...under any other presidency

I believe in the Commander-In-Chief and what it stands for, but the incumbent continues to make a mockery of it.

You’re comparing apples and oranges. The purpose was to visit the White House and be recognized for the National Championship. It wasn’t about dinner.
This was all about the dinner. It was a “me” moment for Trump and he seized on it. The team didn’t deserve to be wrapped up in a political stunt.

@amynhop we agree about a lot but politics isn’t one of them.

This was all about the dinner. It was a “me” moment for Trump and he seized on it. The team didn’t deserve to be wrapped up in a political stunt.

@amynhop we agree about a lot but politics isn’t one of them.

Well the President recognized Coach V, and he's still our D coordinator. And we both said he would be, right? ;)

And agree to disagree that Trump made it a "me" moment. Don't see that at all.

Reactions: JimTurkey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT