ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Restaurants

CUTiger81

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2008
How many of you true Americans will be going out for a dine-in dinner tonight to support local restaurants and show the general public hasn't bought into the political hoax?

Reactions: Gradywilheln
tenor.gif

How many of you true Americans will be going out for a dine-in dinner tonight to support local restaurants and show the general public hasn't bought into the political hoax?
Going to Capt. Juel's Hurricane Restaurant in Little River this week. Excited to get back at it!!

It’s not a political hoax. The virus was created by Artificial intelligence. Have you noticed that there have been a lot of reports saying that the virus being man made has been ruled out? How could you possibly rule that out? Because they know it was made by AI. What better way to take over than to keep people separate from each other and make everyone completely dependent on technology. This was a trial run to work out the kinks. The AI has been gathering data and this will all start over in the fall. What is a virus or DNA for that matter? Computer code. Why is Bill Gates so involved with this?

I’ll be stimulating the economy at a very good family owned restaurant in Lexington, Libbys.
Most of America is moving forward. You peeps afraid of your shadow, just stay hunkered in. You can watch CNN all day and hide in your closet.

Can I be considered a true American if I ordered takeout on the same frequency and from the same restaurants over the last 5 weeks as I did prior to this "political hoax"?

It’s not a political hoax. The virus was created by Artificial intelligence. Have you noticed that there have been a lot of reports saying that the virus being man made has been ruled out? How could you possibly rule that out? Because they know it was made by AI. What better way to take over than to keep people separate from each other and make everyone completely dependent on technology. This was a trial run to work out the kinks. The AI has been gathering data and this will all start over in the fall. What is a virus or DNA for that matter? Computer code. Why is Bill Gates so involved with this?
It is a sign of the times in which we live in that I am not quite sure if you are kidding or not.

Ya I feel like there have been 100 threads that are a slight variation of this - many of which use mouthbreather-y phrases like “true Americans” and somehow still refer to this as a “hoax” (even though death count looks like it’ll be >100k now?)

First all, pretty sure we all know the death toll has been inflated for a number of reasons. Primarily, increased funding from the CARES Act for COVID related care. Whether it's a small inflation or a large, I don't know but the number is certainly inflated.

Second, the virus is real. Our reaction...sorry, overreaction to it is what I'm referring to as the political hoax. SC hasn't been nearly as bad as most states, although an unenforced shelter-in-place order was completely unnecessary to begin with, as was closing public beaches. But there are states across the country with very minimal impact medically from COVID who have devastated their state economy's without any hard evidence or data that these draconian quarantine measures are effective, many of them with no end in sight as governors get a taste of increased power and influence over the people.

Beyond that, I'm not going to get into an argument over COVID. Read the studies. The data is clear....use some common sense, wash your hands, don't go to work if you're sick. Other than that I would just would encourage folks to go out to dinner and support your local restaurants. Don't wait weeks until it's convenient to dine indoors. Go and wait in line for your turn, tip well and show that you're going to continue to support them as you always have.

Yeah, really hard to know whether to take this posting as someone who is wearing a tinfoil cap or just pulling everyone’s chain.

As for Bill Gates, there has been no American organization more focused on eradicating the world of pandemics than the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

As for everyone being dependent on technology ... it is the way things work. My personal work hasn’t really changed much since the pandemic because I worked from home with a laptop. Only noticeable change is the company I am with uses video conferencing a lot.

How were viruses created before the advent of AI?

Can I be considered a true American if I ordered takeout on the same frequency and from the same restaurants over the last 5 weeks as I did prior to this "political hoax"?

Sure thing.

First all, pretty sure we all know the death toll has been inflated for a number of reasons. Primarily, increased funding from the CARES Act for COVID related care. Whether it's a small inflation or a large, I don't know but the number is certainly inflated.

Second, the virus is real. Our reaction...sorry, overreaction to it is what I'm referring to as the political hoax. SC hasn't been nearly as bad as most states, although an unenforced shelter-in-place order was completely unnecessary to begin with, as was closing public beaches. But there are states across the country with very minimal impact medically from COVID who have devastated their state economy's without any hard evidence or data that these draconian quarantine measures are effective, many of them with no end in sight as governors get a taste of increased power and influence over the people.

Beyond that, I'm not going to get into an argument over COVID. Read the studies. The data is clear....use some common sense, wash your hands, don't go to work if you're sick. Other than that I would just would encourage folks to go out to dinner and support your local restaurants. Don't wait weeks until it's convenient to dine indoors. Go and wait in line for your turn, tip well and show that you're going to continue to support them as you always have.
how do people keep saying it's a political hoax by the left when the PRESIDENT WHO IS WAY FAR RIGHT IMPLEMENTED LOCKDOWNS

Reactions: jroller
didn't know alex jones had a TI handle

I don’t think of it as an overreaction. All states took educated guesses at a proper response. That response ended up not being required in some states (great for them!) and in other cases probably helped them avoid or curb the outbreak. Where I live, locking things down unquestionably bent the curve. Perhaps an additional 100K or more would be dead now in NY state if they had done nothing.

Also, about 70,000 more people in the US have died this year as compared to this date on 2019 and 2018. How do you explain that? The death counts are reasonably accurate. I know 3 dead and most people I know also know of deaths.

I do agree it is time for some states that can to open up and judge for themselves as to what they will tolerate. Statistics in June will begin to show the impacts of decisions made today. If an extra 500 people in South Carolina die, is that worth the decision? 1000? 5000? Each state has to answer on their own, I suppose, and use future elections to arrive at a final decision.

On a personal level, I vow to make most of my future decisions as follows: think of the people in American flag shirts with assault rifles storming state capitals and then vote the opposite of what I think they would want.

how do people keep saying it's a political hoax by the left when the PRESIDENT WHO IS WAY FAR RIGHT IMPLEMENTED LOCKDOWNS

I would imagine at this point everyone's hands are tied. If you slightly mention that something looks off you are crucified. The Covid mob will eat you alive. He is actually doing the smart thing I think. Play along, give them some time and then drop the hammer and say enough is enough.

Its the only play he ever had.

If he doesn't do that we will have a new president on our hands I believe. As of right now almost every single republican backs him over the alternative. If he does not get our economy going back in the right direction I don't know what is going to happen come election time.

It will be interesting.

A lot of going out to eat is the experience. Having a drink at the bar, people watching, laughing at what other tables are talking about...not sure I want to pay to get a babysitter and then pay $100ish for dinner to sit in a mostly empty restaurant with a closed bar and use paper everything.

Reactions: dickerj

Agreed, the #trumpshutdown will go down in history as one of the most damaging blows to our economy. Almost treasonous.

NWS_image1.png

I would imagine at this point everyone's hands are tied. If you slightly mention that something looks off you are crucified. The Covid mob will eat you alive. He is actually doing the smart thing I think. Play along, give them some time and then drop the hammer and say enough is enough.

If he doesn't do that we will have a new president on our hands I believe. As of right now almost every single republican backs him over the alternative. If he does not get our economy going back in the right direction I don't know what is going to happen come election time.

Only move he had, yep. He knows the truth, though.

I don’t think of it as an overreaction. All states took educated guesses at a proper response. That response ended up not being required in some states (great for them!) and in other cases probably helped them avoid or curb the outbreak. Where I live, locking things down unquestionably bent the curve. Perhaps an additional 100K or more would be dead now in NY state if they had done nothing.

Also, about 70,000 more people in the US have died this year as compared to this date on 2019 and 2018. How do you explain that? The death counts are reasonably accurate. I know 3 dead and most people I know also know of deaths.

I do agree it is time for some states that can to open up and judge for themselves as to what they will tolerate. Statistics in June will begin to show the impacts of decisions made today. If an extra 500 people in South Carolina die, is that worth the decision? 1000? 5000? Each state has to answer on their own, I suppose, and use future elections to arrive at a final decision.

On a personal level, I vow to make most of my future decisions as follows: think of the people in American flag shirts with assault rifles storming state capitals and then vote the opposite of what I think they would want.

Do you live in SC? 150 people have died in the State of South Carolina due to Covid out of the 37,308 nationally (now listed on the CDC website, was 64,000, but pneumonia and flu deaths with no positive covid test are now removed, just checked my phone on the cdc website)

I would have to ask this question. I assume you do not live in South Carolina and most likely live in NYC. Because the odds of a state of almost 5.5 million people and you personally knowing 3 people is astronomical. Then you throw in "most people i know also know of deaths". The numbers simply do not work out.

I could buy, MAYBE POSSIBLY, that you had 3 friends in a nursing home that all got sick at the same time. But I don't buy the "most people i know" comment. There is literally no way possible this is accurate unless you live in NYC and EVEN THEN that is a stretch according to the actual stats.

so trump plunged our economy into a recession and drive unemployment to historic levels because it was his best chance of getting reelected? And you are OK with that? I thought trump was a billionaire who only ran for president because he cared so much about our country?

Reactions: festus1
so trump plunged our economy into a recession and drive unemployment to historic levels because it was his best chance of getting reelected? And you are OK with that? I thought trump was a billionaire who only ran for president because he cared so much about our country?

Reading

Comprehension

is a thing.

Sheeeeit, I've got so much food cooked at my house, God could miraculously wipe the virus off the face of the planet, and I still wouldn't go out to eat for at least a month. My (not) going out to eat has nothing to do with the virus, and certainly nothing to do with politics, not at this point anyway.

Reactions: CUTiger81
I took a customer to Longhorns last Thursday and I ate in 2 different establishments at the beach this past weekend.

I’ve never let fear of the flu impact my life. I don’t I tend to let this .1% fatality rate sickness to be any different.

Yeah, really hard to know whether to take this posting as someone who is wearing a tinfoil cap or just pulling everyone’s chain.

As for Bill Gates, there has been no American organization more focused on eradicating the world of pandemics than the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

As for everyone being dependent on technology ... it is the way things work. My personal work hasn’t really changed much since the pandemic because I worked from home with a laptop. Only noticeable change is the company I am with uses video conferencing a lot.

How were viruses created before the advent of AI?
The question is, do you know why Mr. Gates is so interested in finding a cure?

I'll give you a hint, it's the same reason why he stole the Mac OS from Jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT