ADVERTISEMENT

Hospitalizations up over 30% & Positive test rate up to 21%

Yet as many people as I know in SC I dont know a single person out of all these cases nor anyone related to anyone.

One of my clients is a Dr here in Augusta. His son is a Soph. at Clemson. He brought it home to his parents Fathers Day. Kid didnt even know he had it.

My client has told me that he and his wife have both experienced very few symptoms (both are mid 50s workout 4days a week).

This Dr flat out told me the more people that catch it, the faster this virus will weaken and the human immune system will learn to deal with it.

I have posted this twice before, but this controversial French Nobel winner opined months ago the virus would weaken rapidly. It will be very interesting to see what happens to the strength of the vurus over the next few weeks. As time has passed, I am believing more and more that he has accurately assessed the situation.

Here are some interesting quotes from the article.

Montagnier predicted the imminent disappearance of the virus, because its supposedly artificial origin would be weakening it.

“One can do anything with nature, but if you make an artificial construction, it is unlikely to survive. Nature loves harmonious things; what is alien, like a virus coming from another virus, for example, is not well tolerated,” he said. For the scientist, the parts of the virus into which HIV was inserted are rapidly mutating, causing it to self-destruct.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/202...laboratory-nobel-prize-winner-luc-montagnier/

Good for them but I’ve known one person die, one person stay in hospital 3 weeks with it, 2 employees have it and one is just now starting to feel normal 2 weeks later. Not to mention family members that work in 2 different hospitals. And all i need to here is my employee saying they We’re praying they would make it the next day a few days in a row is enough to know i don’t want it

i don’t think anyone wants the virus. But I don’t want our country to go under.

is that considered by the paranoid?

Cases may be up but 99% non-lethal. People need to stop correlating a positive test as a death sentence. People acting like a Covid patient is wearing a scarlet letter. That’s the problem.
I have posted this twice before, but this controversial French Nobel winner opined months ago the virus would weaken rapidly. It will be very interesting to see what happens to the strength of the vurus over the next few weeks. As time has passed, I am believing more and more that he has accurately assessed the situation.

Montagnier predicted the imminent disappearance of the virus, because its supposedly artificial origin would be weakening it.

“One can do anything with nature, but if you make an artificial construction, it is unlikely to survive. Nature loves harmonious things; what is alien, like a virus coming from another virus, for example, is not well tolerated,” he said. For the scientist, the parts of the virus into which HIV was inserted are rapidly mutating, causing it to self-destruct.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/202...laboratory-nobel-prize-winner-luc-montagnier/
My Dr client said basically this.

Actually, our liberty is what's making this more difficult than it has to be. The focus on individual liberty vs collective well being is what distinguishes our experience from what we've seen in- for example- the Asian countries. It's a trade off. But, it may not be "Give me liberty or give me death." It may instead be "Your liberty will be your death- and cause others to get sick." Like I said- it's a tradeoff. We'll know in a year or so who was right/wrong. So far, our approach seems to be among the worst & least effective.
No. It’s bigger than this virus. The country and everything it stands for is at stake. Reasonable things should be done. Locking people down isn’t one of them. Nor is forcing businesses to close that aren’t considered non essential. There can be no trade off unfortunately because if we give a little they will take it all. That has been proven throughout history. It’s bigger than a damn virus!

The Yucatan Times? FFS man...

i don’t think anyone wants the virus. But I don’t want our country to go under.

is that considered by the paranoid?
Yeah and i feel like most things are open and people are obviously out doing their thing. Like was mentioned it’s not good for anyone. The economy is down, elderly are alone and high risk, people are still getting very sick and people are dying, suicides are up, abuse is up, mental illness is up, students uncertainty is an issue and there are plenty others. We are half assing each of those and just trying to get by at this point. I don’t know if and where u can decide who is more important and the others good luck. That’s causes a whole new set of mental problems and stress.

Actually, our liberty is what's making this more difficult than it has to be. The focus on individual liberty vs collective well being is what distinguishes our experience from what we've seen in- for example- the Asian countries. It's a trade off. But, it may not be "Give me liberty or give me death." It may instead be "Your liberty will be your death- and cause others to get sick." Like I said- it's a tradeoff. We'll know in a year or so who was right/wrong. So far, our approach seems to be among the worst & least effective.
And if my liberty is the result of my death then let me die! Because without it we all might as well be dead. There’s a difference in living and existing. And WE will not live on our knees unless it’s praying to JESUS! So you can have your trade off.

No. It’s bigger than this virus. The country and everything it stands for is at stake. Reasonable things should be done. Locking people down isn’t one of them. Nor is forcing businesses to close that aren’t considered non essential. There can be no trade off unfortunately because if we give a little they will take it all. That has been proven throughout history. It’s bigger than a damn virus!

Japan was able to shut down the virus with something like 800 deaths, without having to resort to lockdowns/shutdowns, because their population is willing to do things like wear masks, avoid gatherings. Meanwhile, we're just too stupid to take common sense measures- and think that just because we have a right to do something, we should do that thing.

Japan was able to shut down the virus with something like 800 deaths, without having to resort to lockdowns/shutdowns, because their population is willing to do things like wear masks, avoid gatherings. Meanwhile, we're just too stupid to take common sense measures- and think that just because we have a right to do something, we should do that thing.
I agree with this. Taiwan of all places only have had 7 deaths. But our politicians are too damn power hungry to do what Japan did

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylors_Tiger
I agree with this. Taiwan of all places only have had 3 deaths. But our politicians are too damn power hungry to do what Japan did

I disagree. Power hungry might have resulted in massive testing, isolation of positive cases, and contact tracing, early on. Our leadership opted for the head in the sand approach because they didn't want to spook the stock market. And- the Japanese people have a much different response to their government telling them what to do.

I disagree. Power hungry might have resulted in massive testing, isolation of positive cases, and contact tracing, early on. Our leadership opted for the head in the sand approach because they didn't want to spook the stock market. And- the Japanese people have a much different response to their government telling them what to do.

you say that last sentence like it’s a good thing.

Reactions: ArmyTiger27
Asians are also generally much healthier than us. Something like a 5% obesity rate. We are 45%
I have several Asians of different Nationalities as both clients and friends.

Not a one is "overweight" much less obese.

I have caught myself watching what Asians buy at the grocery store.

It is beyond belief the shit I see the fat ass Americans put in their grocery cart.

Yep...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costco-dan-fired-insurance-agency-face-mask/

If Chappell show could come back and do a white version of When keeping it real goes wrong... this would be number one.

Pretty simple. The virus is less potent and more of the folks infected are young. There are a lot of differing opinions out there. Try a new website put up by doctors called flattenthefear.com.

The flatten the fear website is propaganda funded by the "job creators network"- which is not exactly the best source of information on virology... There is good evidence to suggest that the virus has mutated in ways that make it more highly transmissible, but not less potent. It's infecting a larger swath of the population now- including younger/healthier people, people are getting tested/seeking treatment earlier, and the treatments have gotten more effective as clinicians have more experience with it.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Man WAY UP in charleston hospital systems said the virus is nothing down there. Very little impact to their system and most have little to no symptoms.
giphy.gif

The flatten the fear website is propaganda funded by the "job creators network"- which is not exactly the best source of information on virology... There is good evidence to suggest that the virus has mutated in ways that make it more highly transmissible, but not less potent. It's infecting a larger swath of the population now- including younger/healthier people, people are getting tested/seeking treatment earlier, and the treatments have gotten more effective as clinicians have more experience with it.

of all the countless things I've read on the virus, this Is a first.

do you have a source?

Last edited:
Reactions: ClemsonMullet
Asians are also generally much healthier than us. Something like a 5% obesity rate. We are 45%
Yes. Biggest reason. We know 90%+ of the deaths have underlying conditions. America is fat as shit which leads to diabetes and high blood pressure. No wonder Japan has far fewer deaths.

Reactions: Clyde694
Yes. Biggest reason. We know 90%+ of the deaths have underlying conditions. America is fat as shit which leads to diabetes and high blood pressure. No wonder Japan has far fewer deaths.

Japan let’s no one in their country . China has had at leat 20 times the death we’ve had . You think they shut down their economy for 3000 deaths ? They had a 1000 deaths building their Olympic stadiums . They had like 50 die during the opening procession

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger
Reactions: tigergrad03

Totally agree. We do nothing collectively about the 45%. It's always talked about but never actually addressed.

Americans can't accept eating like shit and not exercising is detrimental to the human body.

It's sad yet pisses me off.

Stems from parenting. Stop being lazy slobs and feeding your kids garbage.

Japan has fewer deaths (by several orders of magnitude) despite the fact that they are an older population (on average 10 years older than the US) and they have more mult-generational homes. What they do have is a collectivist mentality/orientation which really helps in a public health crisis that requires a collective response.

what about "cases on the rise in south carolina" is "letting politics paralyze us"?

you think dems in south carolina want everyone to stay home so that dems can take over the state? thats what you think is happening right now?
A naive reading of his post might make you think he wants people to be more careful about social distancing and to stop letting politics keep them from protecting the public health.

Reactions: iceheart08
Japan let’s no one in their country . China has had at leat 20 times the death we’ve had . You think they shut down their economy for 3000 deaths ? They had a 1000 deaths building their Olympic stadiums . They had like 50 die during the opening procession
China has had 2.8 mill deaths? Did not know that.

I have several Asians of different Nationalities as both clients and friends.

Not a one is "overweight" much less obese.

I have caught myself watching what Asians buy at the grocery store.

It is beyond belief the shit I see the fat ass Americans put in their grocery cart.

Veggies and lean fish vs 4 lbs of butter and chips is my guess

Reactions: TICrack
Japan has fewer deaths (by several orders of magnitude) despite the fact that they are an older population (on average 10 years older than the US) and they have more mult-generational homes. What they do have is a collectivist mentality/orientation which really helps in a public health crisis that requires a collective response.
All good points but you can not overlook the obesity aspect. Huge contributing factor given US vs Japan co-morbidities.

China has had 2.8 mill deaths? Did not know that.

All good points but the csn not overlook the obesity aspect. Huge contributing factor given US vs Japan co-morbidities.

Oh for sure. I pointed out early on this virus was designed to target our population. The % of our country that's waddling around, 40+ pounds overweight, with hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, etc- is appalling and sad.

All good points but you can not overlook the obesity aspect. Huge contributing factor given US vs Japan co-morbidities.
Heard a stat from a doc on Fox last nite when talking about whether or not kids should be back in school. Said there have been 25 kids less than 25 yrs old die from COVID, vs 100 under 25 deaths from the flu. Also said, data from a number of countries with open schools show absolutley no increase in transmission rates. Said children are not carriersnof the virus to others.

No idea how much of above is true, but im all for my kids being back in school. Not concerned a bit.

Reactions: Trevor18
Oh for sure. I pointed out early on this virus was designed to target our population. The % of our country that's waddling around, 40+ pounds overweight, with hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, etc- is appalling and sad.
Agreed.

Heard a stat from a doc on Fox last nite when talking about whether or not kids should be back in school. Said there have been 25 kids less than 25 yrs old die from COVID, vs 100 under 25 deaths from the flu. Also said, data from a number of countries with open schools show absolutley no increase in transmission rates. Said children are not carriersnof the virus to others.

No idea how much of above is true, but im all for my kids being back in school. Not concerned a bit.

They believe that children under the age of 12 are less likely to transmit the virus simply because of lung capacity. But, as with so many aspects of this situation: we don't know for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT