ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet

He's gotta axe DP. We'll absolutely get raked over the coals on the recruiting trail, with this.

This. Fair or unfair, this has to happen. To be honest, he should be fired. I at least hope that this was turned into HR in 2016.

It should be done tonight to try to put this fire out. To be honest, we need to be careful that the media does not go for Dabo’s head. I guarantee you that someone will.

U can bet any malcontents can now transfer with immediate eligibility.

Imo Dabo should address it, but if he cans Pearman then people will be outraged he waited until public pressure to do it.

I think the absolute best thing that can happen is for Coach Greenlee to make a statement and strongly support Dabo and refute ANY hint of racism by anyone associated with the program by coaches or players.

Reactions: CUShealy
U can bet any malcontents can now transfer with immediate eligibility.

Imo Dabo should address it, but if he cans Pearman then people will be outraged he waited until public pressure to do it.

I think the absolute best thing that can happen is for Coach Greenlee to make a statement and strongly support Dabo and refute ANY hint of racism by anyone associated with the program by coaches or players.
Huh? He should lie, call his son and former players liars to save someone's else's ass? Hilarious.

Right? Did he graduate from UofSC? What’s his beef with Dabo? It’s like he waits in the tall grass around the football offices to pounce on any damning report that passes by. How have we gotten to a place that we can say things publicly about others without the slightest bit of personal knowledge or verifiable research? We hear something. It’s sensational. We tweet it without the least bit of context or hesitation. Crazy times.
It’s because Dabo is against paying players and runs a tight ship. But being against paying players is a deadly sin for Wolken’s type.

Um, better. I kind of like modern medicine, equality for all under the law, ethnic food restaurants and a higher rate of passing in football.
Was referring to the social condition(of course things like medicine go into that) but you know what I meant in the first place.

Disappointed how quick some on here are to throw Pearman overboard. Frankly, of all the coaches on staff, DP is the one I've been least enamored with for years (due to recruiting and position production). But, that's a separate issue from throwing a man to the mob and essentially ensuring he's branded a racist for the rest of his life, when you know precious little of the context or what really happened.

I feel bad for Greenlee and his family because it sounds like he had no clue this incident was going to resurface today from his interview with the State.

Disappointed how quick some on here are to throw Pearman overboard. Frankly, of all the coaches on staff, DP is the one I've been least enamored with for years (due to recruiting and position production). But, that's a separate issue from throwing a man to the mob and essentially ensuring he's branded a racist for the rest of his life, when you know precious little of the context or what really happened.
Did not know there was a good context to a white guy calling a black person the N word.

Huh? He should lie, call his son and former players liars to save someone's else's ass? Hilarious.
Not what i meant. Not asking coach Greenlee to lie. But if he believes that racism doesnt exist under Dabo, imo if he issued a statement supporting dabo (since it was his son pearman was talking to), would help diffuse the situation.

Not what i meant. Not asking coach Greenlee to lie. But if he believes that racism doesnt exist under Dabo, imo if he issued a statement supporting dabo (since it was his son pearman was talking to), would help diffuse the situation.
Thanks for clarification and I hope no one would ask Coach Greenlee too cause it would be disrespectful to him and his family. Onus is on Coach Pearman to do what he did 10 minutes ago with a statement addressing and sincerely apologizing

Did not know there was a good context to a white guy calling a black person the N word.
See, this bullshit is the exact type of rushing to judgment I was talking about. No, actually, what you're doing is worse. You're not jumping to conclusions and filling in blanks that aren't filled. You're simply lying and making up facts that aren't there (i.e., that DP called "a blac person the N word.")

Per DJ Greenlee: "He wasn’t saying that I was a n-word."

Per DP: "I repeated a racial slur I overheard when trying to stop the word from being used on the practice field. What I overheard, I had no right to repeat.

While I did not direct the term at any player, I know there is no excuse for me using the language in any circumstance. I never should have repeated the phrase."

Shame on you.

So that the university’s most famous building isn’t associated with a murderer.

I don't know? You think he was a murder? I thought he was a slave owner? If you associate that with a murderer, then maybe he was? I'm a genealogist (and a pretty good one at that). Send me you grandfather's (or great-grandfather's) name, birth and death dates, and birth and death places on the personal message board and I'll see if you have one in your family (ancestry) too.

See, this bullshit is the exact type of rushing to judgment I was talking about. No, actually, what you're doing is worse. You're not jumping to conclusions and filling in blanks that aren't filled. You're simply lying and making up facts that aren't there (i.e., that DP called "a blac person the N word.")

Per DP: "I repeated a racial slur I overheard when trying to stop the word from being used on the practice field. What I overheard, I had no right to repeat.

While I did not direct the term at any player, I know there is no excuse for me using the language in any circumstance. I never should have repeated the phrase."

Shame on you.
LoL your ignorance is my fault snowflake? Hilarious.

Shame on you.
If you don't think there is no consequences walk in a public area and say it out loud to yourself and see how it works out idiot

I didn’t think as much of it, could be a mistake that Pearman made in repeating it not out of anger towards a black player (Greenlee) and calling him that word but this from the State reads differently than the original, shorter quote I saw from Greenlee...

“(Milan) was asking me what happened? ‘What’s coach getting on to you about?’” Greenlee recalled. “I was just like, ‘Man I got the (n-word) that came in my gap.’ I was talking to my teammate. That was all that was said. Then the next thing you know coach Pearman starts coming over there. He was repeating what I just said. He’s like, ‘(n-word) this, (n-word) that. The (n-word) wasn’t there.’”

It still doesn’t sound like he was calling Greenlee that but the context sounds a little worse than just a slip up in repeating it. Like that reads like Pearman used the word to make a point, even if his intent wasn’t to direct it at somebody. Maybe it’s splitting hairs, I’m just saying I didn’t think as much of it initially but kind of cringed when I read that.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
I didn't fully understand the exchange between the two. I hate twitter, and I am disappointed that Greenlee even acknowledged it considering that his father makes a damn good living with the team and this (God forbid) could ultimately effect his job.
affect

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Happy as your lady leaving my place. Dumb ass question lol. Congrats you got attention
Wow. You really do have problems. You are clearly bitter over something ... life or whatever. Hope you can get help or get over it.

Your projecting is failing as your comment. Stay safe in your bubble
Not sure where you are coming from. I was just pointing out you seem pretty tightly wound. You then respond with a reference to sleeping with my wife, which just goes to show you are either 18 or, as mentioned before, you have more serious issues that can be addressed on this board.

LoL your ignorance is my fault snowflake? Hilarious.
Further dissembling, considering you’re the one deliberately lying (i.e. claiming DP called a player the N word).

Don’t see why it’s so hard to be upset at what DP did do without outright lying and smearing his name over something YOU KNOW he didn’t do.

Further dissembling, considering you’re the one deliberately lying (i.e. claiming DP called a player the N word).

Don’t see why it’s so hard to be upset at what DP did do without outright lying and smearing his name over something YOU KNOW he didn’t do.
Cupcake I never implied he call a player a N word despite first hand reports he actually referred to a player shooting a gap as a N further more it was idiotic, stupid and many other adjectives for him to even say it in the first place. Keep validating it

Cupcake I never implied he call a player a N word despite first hand reports he actually referred to a player shooting a gap as a N further more it was idiotic, stupid and many other adjectives for him to even say it in the first place. Keep validating it
You literally said he called a black person the n-word, despite both he and Greenlee saying he did no such thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT