ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet

So I understand, Greenlee says the n-word to another player in a heated exchange, and Pearman admonishes him for saying the n-word by saying the n-word?

Reactions: 24TIGER
So I understand, Greenlee says the n-word to another player in a heated exchange, and Pearman admonishes him for saying the n-word by saying the n-word?
Greenlee is black, so don’t know what the uproar is about. People were hoping a white coach said it. Black folks use that word a lot; in a jovial way. I’m not condoning it, but it’s a fact. I’m sure Dabo doesn’t want that garbage around our place though.

This Tuttle kid sounds like a litt
None of us were there but could it be That he said “ do you realize it’s dumb to call someone ....” I don’t know but Greenlee indicated it was not meant as a reference to him or anyone else.

must have really bothered this Tuttle kid since he hasn’t felt like speaking up for three years

Agreed. I might get raked over the coals for saying this, but I’m honestly concerned about Dabo’s tenure at Clemson. Pearman should have been fired on the spot for that
It was coach Greenlee you idiot.

If it's going to be an issue it should be an issue for anyone to say it. Black or white. If it's such a bad word to use, then nobody should.
Not gonna happen and it shouldn’t. Pearman is an idiot for saying. It but if it went down like Greenlee is saying then I don’t think that’s fireable. If he asked the kid something like “did you just calll him a nig.... on my field”? That’s a far cry from calling him a n word. Is it stupid, yes? But tear down a whole regime over it that has done countless good deeds for African Americans over the years? No thanks.

Reactions: cugrad93
Greenlee is black, so don’t know what the uproar is about. People were hoping a white coach said it. Black folks use that word a lot; in a jovial way. I’m not condoning it, but it’s a fact. I’m sure Dabo doesn’t want that garbage around our place though.
I thought you were black?

Reactions: iceheart08
White guy here so I probably have no idea what Im talking about.

From my understanding of that article, Pearman was upset that Greenlee used the term towards a teammate. Pearman then used the term, but not necessarily towards anyone, correct? Im not defending Pearman because as a white male you are held to a higher standard and cant use certain terms, no matter the context.

Dang guys did any of you read the article? Greenlee stated that the coach didn't use at him or in a malice way but more of a repeat of what Greenlee had said to another teammate (am I paraphrasing ). He said it to correct him. The coach later apologized to Greenlee for repeating the word.

Not gonna happen and it shouldn’t. Pearman is an idiot for saying. It but if it went down like Greenlee is saying then I don’t think that’s fireable. If he asked the kid something like “did you just calll him a nig.... on my field”? That’s a far cry from calling him a n word. Is it stupid, yes? But tear down a whole regime over it that has done countless good deeds for African Americans over the years? No thanks.
I'm not calling for firing, just an end to the hypocrisy. If it's such a hurtful word, why does the black population promote it so much? Telling someone they cant say it because its hurtful and turning around and using it every 7th word is like my parents telling me if I didnt eat my peas they'd explode. It's just stupid.

I'm not calling for firing, just an end to the hypocrisy. If it's such a hurtful word, why does the black population promote it so much? Telling someone they cant say it because its hurtful and turning around and using it every 7th word is like my parents telling me if I didnt eat my peas they'd explode. It's just stupid.
There are countless things you can call yourself but would take offense to others calling you.

There are countless things you can call yourself but would take offense to others calling you.
You know what I'm talking about. That's not a good argument. I say the same thing about people who cuss every third word, enlarge your vocabulary because cussing every other word just tells me you aren't socially educated. It's the same to me.

Wasnt alive then. Just common sense IMO.

It's funny you mentioned the 50's, would you say America is better or worse now from the 50's?

Um, better. I kind of like modern medicine, equality for all under the law, ethnic food restaurants and a higher rate of passing in football.

Reactions: TICrack
It could of very easily been a situation where it happened, Dabo addressed it privately with said coach/player, and that was the end of it. Tuttle could've heard about it or heard it himself and was mad it wasn't addressed publicly in front of the team.

I think this is the most plausible scenario.

And pretty much nailed it

Reactions: Tigerswag91
You know what I'm talking about. That's not a good argument. I say the same thing about people who cuss every third word, enlarge your vocabulary because cussing every other word just tells me you aren't socially educated. It's the same to me.
It’s a fine argument. And I don’t care that I can’t use the n word and they can. Black privilege I chalk it up to.

Reactions: Trading Tiger
I think Pearman was basically this teacher that went viral like a decade ago. What a dumbass.

I’m not saying he should be, but he will be fired. Couldn’t come out at a worse time.

Reactions: Lot4tiger
You aren't going to win this argument. No matter how unfair you think it is, it will never be okay for anyone other than a black person to use that word. Accept it and move on.

Reactions: SlovenskoTiger
Dang guys did any of you read the article? Greenlee stated that the coach didn't use at him or in a malice way but more of a repeat of what Greenlee had said to another teammate (am I paraphrasing ). He said it to correct him. The coach later apologized to Greenlee for repeating the word.
Apparently he apologized almost daily until Greenlee got sick of it.

Makes as much sense as rioting in Charleston because someone died in Minneapolis. Just gotta remember who we're dealing with here, football players and rioters, not exactly the brightest bulbs in the pack.

Reactions: 24TIGER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT