ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet

It could of very easily been a situation where it happened, Dabo addressed it privately with said coach/player, and that was the end of it. Tuttle could've heard about it or heard it himself and was mad it wasn't addressed publicly in front of the team.

I think this is the most plausible scenario.

But if your situation is true, and Dabo didn’t fire the coach then what? (I don’t recall anyone being fired but maybe I’m wrong). You can’t make a mistake like that and not get fired. Firing them now does nothing either.

I’ll say it...if your situation is true and all Dabo did was have a talk with them, then they all need to go. A private talk isn’t enough.

Reactions: GilaMonsta
I have a hard time believing that if Dabo called a player the N-word at practice that this would be the first time we'd hear about it. Maybe I'm being naive but I'd just think you'd have heard a player or coach say something about it already.

I know harsh language is used on the football field a lot but the n-word is a word that should never be used and knowing what Dabo is about, I find that hard to believe.

Edit: just re-read his tweet and realized he said that Dabo allowed another coach to call a player the "n-word". Not that Dabo actually used that repulsive word. Point still stands that I have a hard time believing this would've been the first time we've heard about it in today's social media age.
Dabo didn't say it. He said a asst coach did and dabo said nothin

2020?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tigerswag91
Here’s a screenshot of what Zach Giella initially said. Just click on the screenshot.

I have a hard time believing that if Dabo called a player the N-word at practice that this would be the first time we'd hear about it. Maybe I'm being naive but I'd just think you'd have heard a player or coach say something about it already.

I know harsh language is used on the football field a lot but the n-word is a word that should never be used and knowing what Dabo is about, I find that hard to believe.

Edit: just re-read his tweet and realized he said that Dabo allowed another coach to call a player the "n-word". Not that Dabo actually used that repulsive word. Point still stands that I have a hard time believing this would've been the first time we've heard about it in today's social media age.
And then, after winning the National Championship, stand on the stage and literally try to get kids to come TO Clemson like Clelin Ferrell did.

I think if this did happen there was more to it. Maybe the coach in question was disciplined somehow but the team didn't know it?

All excellent points. I had a different initial thought, though. If you spend any serious amount of time around the players, you'll hear the N word tossed around playfully, almost affectionately among the black players and God knows it flies like crazy on the field during a game. Like it or not, it's one of those things that black people do with each other that doesn't hurt their feelings. If this person's tweet is true, I could envision a relationship between a black coach and black player where the affectionate/playful use of the word was allowed. However, I hope like heck it wasn't, but I could actually see it happening. And IF it did happen, I would imagine a discussion occurred where all involved parties understood what they were doing. In no corner of this earth could I imagine one of our coaches using the word in a hateful manner and Dabo not dealing with it quickly and harshly. Just my thoughts.

But if your situation is true, and Dabo didn’t fire the coach then what? (I don’t recall anyone being fired but maybe I’m wrong). You can’t make a mistake like that and not get fired. Firing them now does nothing either.

I’ll say it...if your situation is true and all Dabo did was have a talk with them, then they all need to go. A private talk isn’t enough.

That is not how it works in any bureaucracy.

Read Clemson’s anti harassment policy/procedure.

Even if it wasn’t resolved by the parties independently and went to a formal complaint, an employee is probably not getting fired for the first offense.

Reactions: TigerAlexander
I can’t figure out how to c/p it from a phone but @clemsonera on Twitter posted a story about it. Apparently it was Pearman and DJ Greenlee. And it wasn’t anything like it’s being characterized.

Did they rename Tillman Hall? I remember my uncle who lived in Atlanta, GA wasn't too happy when they changed the name of the two main streets in Atlanta that were named after Confederate general (one was Stonewall Jackson I believe. I can't remember the other one?) to Ralph D. Abernathy and Marin Luther King Blvds. I also read where there was/is a movement to remove the Robert E. Lee carving off of Stone Mountain.

Since it is known that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had slaves, and removing those monuments in Washington, DC is unlikely, what on earth would they then rename them?

Did they rename Tillman Hall? I remember my uncle who lived in Atlanta, GA wasn't too happy when they changed the name of the two main streets in Atlanta that were named after Confederate general (one was Stonewall Jackson I believe. I can't remember the other one?) to Ralph D. Abernathy and Marin Luther King Blvds. I also read where there was/is a movement to remove the Robert E. Lee carving off of Stone Mountain.

Since it is known that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had slaves, and removing those monuments in Washington, DC is unlikely, what on earth would they then rename them?
So that the university’s most famous building isn’t associated with a murderer.

Can someone explain to me why it’s ok for one race to use a word and not another? As far as I’m concerned, it’s a super disrespectful word and shouldn’t be used by anyone.

Dabo/Clemson needs to address this now. And he needs to be very clear, frank, and honest about it. Under no circumstance is it okay for a white man to use that word in regard to a black kid; I don’t care what context it was. It’s not right.
No shit Sherlock. Just like it ain’t right for looters to kill murder citizens or police and destroy businesses as they steal things.

Reactions: Florida Tiger
I didn't fully understand the exchange between the two. I hate twitter, and I am disappointed that Greenlee even acknowledged it considering that his father makes a damn good living with the team and this (God forbid) could ultimately effect his job.

Reactions: SlovenskoTiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT