ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet

I have a hard time believing that if Dabo called a player the N-word at practice that this would be the first time we'd hear about it. Maybe I'm being naive but I'd just think you'd have heard a player or coach say something about it already.

I know harsh language is used on the football field a lot but the n-word is a word that should never be used and knowing what Dabo is about, I find that hard to believe.

Edit: just re-read his tweet and realized he said that Dabo allowed another coach to call a player the "n-word". Not that Dabo actually used that repulsive word. Point still stands that I have a hard time believing this would've been the first time we've heard about it in today's social media age.
Assuming this happened in the 90s, could be 3 or 4 coaches.

But seriously, assuming it did happen, I’m sure Dabo properly handled the situation in house. We can all say a bunch of things in the South Carolina heat..... ONCE.

Zero % chance the whole team sits on that until now.

And then, after winning the National Championship, stand on the stage and literally try to get kids to come TO Clemson like Clelin Ferrell did.

I think if this did happen there was more to it. Maybe the coach in question was disciplined somehow but the team didn't know it?

Yea a quick scroll throw Giella’s tweets and it’s pretty obvious he wasn’t a fan of what Dabo said yesterday.

We got a minor problem........

Tuttle's Clemson bio says he was at Clemson from 2017 to 2018. Those protests ended in 2016. Did he sit out a year or something?

I'm not saying none of this happened but.....

Tuttle's Clemson bio says he was at Clemson from 2017 to 2018. Those protests ended in 2016. Did he sit out a year or something?

He redshirted in 2016.

Reactions: Florida Tiger

Original walk-on joined the team in the spring of 2016 after transferring from SC State.

If any of this is even remotely accurate then Dabo and SID better get in front of this and don't let it fester. Denounce the action, fire the coach if need be. Eradicate this totally and completely. If this is BS and some made up narrative then make it totally known. DON'T IGNORE IT. Especially now.

My guess is that if this happened (big if) it was a black coach who said it, which makes it okay.

This was the one organized by the grad student from Illinois who was in the Rhetorics program who made the major discovery that Clemson was once a plantation. The See the Stripes guy. They made a bunch of demands that weren't all that reasonable.

From the story I read, they ended the protest out of frustration.

A few hours later, Clements sent out an email stating that he was going to do most of the stuff they asked for.

It could of very easily been a situation where it happened, Dabo addressed it privately with said coach/player, and that was the end of it. Tuttle could've heard about it or heard it himself and was mad it wasn't addressed publicly in front of the team.

I think this is the most plausible scenario.

Because nobody remembered that Tuttle played for Clemson? I sure didn't.
Just look at the username and the bio and use a little Google, though. Thinking it was Fields was pretty random when that stuff was right there. Also, kind of crappy to put his name out there when it was pretty easy to see this was somebody else tweeting this.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT