ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet

Dan Wolken absolutely frothing at the mouth

“Dabo Swinney swept a racially charged incident during a practice between a white coach and a black player under the rug. If you are a former CFB player who has a similar story to tell at your program, my DMs are open.”

Also Shaq Lawson just tweeted this...

“Damn I always had that feeling about the same coach. Smh only f*** with you when make plays for them”

Too much fvcking silence. Address this shit now. I love Dabo and do not want anything he’s done for young men over the years to be diminished. He’s gotta make a move.

Agreed. I might get raked over the coals for saying this, but I’m honestly concerned about Dabo’s tenure at Clemson. Pearman should have been fired on the spot for that
Not sure you want to live in world where people get the death penalty or have their jobs taken away for every mistake someone makes. If you do, you should prepare to be perfect or suffer the consequences.

Read the article. The incident took place, Dabo talked to the coach involved, coach aplogized and repeatedly made clear to the player over the course of the season that he was very sorry for what took place. What about that smacks of the situation being mishandled or that the coach involved wasn't contrite?

Not sure you want to live in world where people get the death penalty or have their jobs taken away for every mistake someone makes. If you do, you should prepare to be perfect or suffer the consequences.

Read the article. The incident took place, Dabo talked to the coach involved, coach aplogized and repeatedly made clear to the player over the course of the season that he was very sorry for what took place. What about that smacks of the situation being mishandled or that the coach involved wasn't contrite?

brooooo he needs to be fired tonight

I'm sure the talking heads on these Sports shows will have a ball with this tomorrow morning

Quick search of Dabo's 1992 Bama teammates reveals Safety George Teague coaching high school ball in Plano, Texas, defensive end John Copeland coaching at Tuscaloosa Academy, and wide receiver David Palmer coaching at Huffman High School in the Yelllowhammer Sate.

Too soon for a tight end coach hot board?

Reactions: TIG3R
Dabo’s statement just released:

“As a person of faith, something something something something one of my favorite bible verses something something. Danny Pearman is a good family man, a man of faith something something no racism in this program something something Jesus.”

Dabo’s statement just released:

“As a person of faith, something something something something one of my favorite bible verses something something. Danny Pearman is a good family man, a man of faith something something no racism in this program something something Jesus.”

i laughed

Reactions: TheArchTiger

I do want to live in a world where people get fired for using the n word towards the players they coach, though. I’d like to know more about the situation, but I don’t think it’s ever ok to say to a black person.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddot7

“Dabo Swinney swept a racially charged incident during a practice between a white coach and a black player under the rug. If you are a former CFB player who has a similar story to tell at your program, my DMs are open.”
My goodness 2020 has made Wolken unbearable.

My goodness 2020 has made Wolken unbearable.

Right? Did he graduate from UofSC? What’s his beef with Dabo? It’s like he waits in the tall grass around the football offices to pounce on any damning report that passes by. How have we gotten to a place that we can say things publicly about others without the slightest bit of personal knowledge or verifiable research? We hear something. It’s sensational. We tweet it without the least bit of context or hesitation. Crazy times.

Dabo Swinney will do in this situation what all great leaders do. He will not cave to outside pressure. He will do what he thinks is right no matter what anybody else thinks. That is what true leadership looks like.

Frankly this country needs more leadership like that.

Not sure how anyone respects that hack

Reactions: TigerAlexander
Dabo Swinney will do in this situation what all great leaders do. He will not cave to outside pressure. He will do what he thinks is right no matter what anybody else thinks. That is what true leadership looks like.

Frankly this country needs more leadership like that.
He's gotta axe DP. We'll absolutely get raked over the coals on the recruiting trail, with this.

And you know what is sad but not at all unexpected in this situation. This is alleged to have happened between a current coach and a player whose father is also on the coaching staff. It would seem if this was a big deal that either the player or his father, who works with Pearman everyday, would have a problem with it. Yet, the only people upset about it are other people. You think either Greenlee isn't capable of standing up for themselves? Why do we have to be morally outraged for other people when those people aren't outraged themselves?

I do want to live in a world where people get fired for using the n word towards the players they coach, through. I’d like to know more about the situation, but I don’t think it’s ever ok to say to a black person.
I'd love to live in a world:
When you see a grown man beating the shit out a woman with a 2 x 4, a good samaritan can blow his brains out , and be awarded a trophy, rather than being put in prison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT