ADVERTISEMENT

Is It Getting Any Harder for Any of You to Keep Supporting Assault Rifles Blowing Children Apart?

A "good guy" with a gun shot an innocent girl with his "protection" gun because she mistakenly drove into his driveway.

Your crazy ass: Let's focus on whether Biden calls her family!

Just to be clear

This was a terrible incident

I have pulled into driveways before

She did not need to be shot under any circumstances

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
A "good guy" with a gun shot an innocent girl with his "protection" gun because she mistakenly drove into his driveway.

I believe the point is these things are politicized because people would rather argue over stupid stuff than actually try to figure out what the hell is wrong with us as a society. The rate at which terrible things are occurring is accelerating it seems. We need to stop this crap.

Reactions: Caligula
To my knowledge I don’t think Biden called all the unarmed people and families that were gunned down by the X NFL player up in Rock Hill the other year

I think it was 6 white folks shot to death including grandchildren of doctor

Of course there were no national riots like 575 killing more people, destroying billions on property and creating a hate mongering racist agenda

But then doing the decent and right thing does not play well with controlling people to maintain POWER over them
Should we make a list of all the people Trump didn't call, including the parents of Brian Sicknick, the policeman who died after protecting the Capitol from HIS treasonous army?

The bottom line is that guns are never going away, NEVER. Doesn't matter how many people get shot per year, doesn't matter how many school shootings there are, doesn't matter if you ban them, doesn't matter if you don't like it, doesn't matter what kinda post you throw up on a college football message board, they're here to stay. Estimated over 400 million privately owned firearms in the US, 5.1 million first time gun buyers in 2021, over 30 million firearms sold in 2020 alone. There's no putting the genie back in the bottle.

Name 1 time prohibition worked? Ban them tomorrow and there's still 400 million out in circulation. Require a buy back and how many people turn in their $1000 rifle for $100? Force people to hand them over and what % get handed over peacefully? Send armed men to take the rest of them by force and what do you think is going to happen?

Do yall want to save kids or not? If you're serious about protecting children then let's protect children. Make schools harder targets with improvements in design and construction. Laminate glass, strategically use ballistic panels, automatically locking doors, quality camera systems that can be viewed by LEO's during an emergency, panic buttons, and armed SRO's. Mass shooters are cowards, give them a risk vs reward scenario that encourages them to look for something softer then our children. My bank has more security than my child's school, what does that say about us as a society?

The city of Greenville found 20 million dollars this year to piss away on Ipe decking in all these stupid parks they're putting everywhere (I think there's 2 million worth of Ipe at unity park alone). As a parent I'd much rather see that coin spent on school security than another fancy park for our growing homeless population to take over. Greenville didn't have a problem funding level IV stand-alone ballistic panels for all the court rooms and judges chambers. On the federal level we came up with 40 billion dollars to send to Ukraine pretty easily. It's not a funding issue, if it was important we'd come up with the money.

The bottom line is that guns are never going away, NEVER. Doesn't matter how many people get shot per year, doesn't matter how many school shootings there are, doesn't matter if you ban them, doesn't matter if you don't like it, doesn't matter what kinda post you throw up on a college football message board, they're here to stay. Estimated over 400 million privately owned firearms in the US, 5.1 million first time gun buyers in 2021, over 30 million firearms sold in 2020 alone. There's no putting the genie back in the bottle.

Name 1 time prohibition worked? Ban them tomorrow and there's still 400 million out in circulation. Require a buy back and how many people turn in their $1000 rifle for $100? Force people to hand them over and what % get handed over peacefully? Send armed men to take the rest of them by force and what do you think is going to happen?

Do yall want to save kids or not? If you're serious about protecting children then let's protect children. Make schools harder targets with improvements in design and construction. Laminate glass, strategically use ballistic panels, automatically locking doors, quality camera systems that can be viewed by LEO's during an emergency, panic buttons, and armed SRO's. Mass shooters are cowards, give them a risk vs reward scenario that encourages them to look for something softer then our children. My bank has more security than my child's school, what does that say about us as a society?

The city of Greenville found 20 million dollars this year to piss away on Ipe decking in all these stupid parks they're putting everywhere (I think there's 2 million worth of Ipe at unity park alone). As a parent I'd much rather see that coin spent on school security than another fancy park for our growing homeless population to take over. Greenville didn't have a problem funding level IV stand-alone ballistic panels for all the court rooms and judges chambers. On the federal level we came up with 40 billion dollars to send to Ukraine pretty easily. It's not a funding issue, if it was important we'd come up with the money.

IMO ... School shootings could possibly be eliminated by installing steal doors on all outside entrance and class rooms with bullet proof glass . Badge in only through all doors. Add camera's that pick up a person toting a long gun which triggers all classroom doors to automatically lock. Add security officer to each school . Also install a system if any school teacher / employee identifies something wrong they can automatically lock down the entire school.

If the DEMOCRATS really care about the children take some of the money that's wasted on social programs and apply it to school safety...

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016

Nah, both circumstances are awful but you'll only find the media and the white house caring about one victim.

First of all there is no such thing as an assault rifle that is available to the general public. Anything that would fit that type of description would be an automatic weapon which are for military use only. As with so many things these days we start with one false premise and then leap to many others in an attempt to create a control system over people.

Secondly, you demonstrate perfectly the challenge that we face because you're saying that we have to do what you want or we are cowards. Basically it is your way or the highway and rational discussion need not apply. How do you expect to solve problems that way?

We are a lawless society right now. There is no respect for a general rule of law but instead people are basing their views on political agendas that hinge on the precept that by any means necessary is appropriate. We have an outrage culture that stirs people who are unstable into a frenzy. We actively treat each other like one side is good and the other is bad and therefore any political discussion is a fight against evil and oppression. Everything that anyone says if it doesn't fit the proper narrative is an "ism" that must be the grounds for cancellation and comparison of their views to something Hitleresque.

My leftist brother summed it up pretty well last night by saying the quiet part out loud. People are stupid and they behave badly so they must be controlled and their access to weapons and tools of destruction need to be controlled as well. My question is who made you the person who gets to decide how people are controlled? Who controls the folks like you who want to regulate the entirety of society according to your political narratives and sensibilities?

I fired a gun once when I was in ninth grade. It was a 22. I have never owned a gun in my entire life. But I have never been closer to purchasing a weapon and getting the necessary training to defend myself and my family that I am now. I think there's a lot of people that feel that way in this country right now. We are completely out of control and we're under siege by a culture that wants to tell everyone that it's their way or no way at all. We're not going to survive if we keep going down this path.

First of all there is no such thing as an assault rifle that is available to the general public. Anything that would fit that type of description would be an automatic weapon which are for military use only. As with so many things these days we start with one false premise and then leap to many others in an attempt to create a control system over people.

Secondly, you demonstrate perfectly the challenge that we face because you're saying that we have to do what you want or we are cowards. Basically it is your way or the highway and rational discussion need not apply. How do you expect to solve problems that way?

We are a lawless society right now. There is no respect for a general rule of law but instead people are basing their views on political agendas that hinge on the precept that by any means necessary is appropriate. We have an outrage culture that stirs people who are unstable into a frenzy. We actively treat each other like one side is good and the other is bad and therefore any political discussion is a fight against evil and oppression. Everything that anyone says if it doesn't fit the proper narrative is an "ism" that must be the grounds for cancellation and comparison of their views to something Hitleresque.

My leftist brother summed it up pretty well last night by saying the quiet part out loud. People are stupid and they behave badly so they must be controlled and their access to weapons and tools of destruction need to be controlled as well. My question is who made you the person who gets to decide how people are controlled? Who controls the folks like you who want to regulate the entirety of society according to your political narratives and sensibilities?

I fired a gun once when I was in ninth grade. It was a 22. I have never owned a gun in my entire life. But I have never been closer to purchasing a weapon and getting the necessary training to defend myself and my family that I am now. I think there's a lot of people that feel that way in this country right now. We are completely out of control and we're under siege by a culture that wants to tell everyone that it's their way or no way at all. We're not going to survive if we keep going down this path.
I've always found you to be the most insincere, disingenuous person on this board, but to attempt to reduce the issue of the gun violence epidemic to a matter of semantics over the words "assault rifle" tells me you are a small, petty individual who is no longer worth a second of my time.

Fvck. You.

Reactions: dpic73
No, you only monitor when it helps you come on here and spew utter liberal nonsense.
Says the guy who has defended and tossed MAGA salad for years and follows the lowest life forms the web has to offer, you're the last person that should be talking about nonsense. You abandoned the high ground long ago Jake.

I've always found you to be the most insincere, disingenuous person on this board, but to attempt to reduce the issue of the gun violence epidemic to a matter of semantics over the words "assault rifle" tells me you are a small, petty individual who is no longer worth a second of my time.

Fvck. You.

I didn't reduce it. That was a point. You'll know where I said "first" in the beginning paragraph. That means there's more to discuss. That was a long post with a lot of points and your stuck on the first thing because you just can't get past the facts that contradict your desperately desired narrative. I've always thought of you as one of the most dangerous, divisive and profoundly ignorant people I have ever seen in my entire life. And the person who liked your post joins you in that club. You're just a really troubled human.

Have a blessed evening!

• Haha
IMO ... School shootings could possibly be eliminated by installing steal doors on all outside entrance and class rooms with bullet proof glass . Badge in only through all doors. Add camera's that pick up a person toting a long gun which triggers all classroom doors to automatically lock. Add security officer to each school . Also install a system if any school teacher / employee identifies something wrong they can automatically lock down the entire school.

If the DEMOCRATS really care about the children take some of the money that's wasted on social programs and apply it to school safety...
While I would not necessarily be against some of those measures, you are not going to stop me if I want to kill anyone- including kids at a school. I'll wait and follow the ups/food service/etc guy in the door. If all else fails, I'll just come when kids are getting out and kill as many as I can.

Another problem is the willingness of schools to remain vigilant with procedures when there is almost zero chance anything like this will happen at their school in the next 50 years. It will truly be a pain in the but to try and monitor everyone in/out on a daily basis. Particularly at high schools where young adults easily blend with older students.

There is no law you can pass or any procedure you can implement if a crazy person wants to do it.

Year after year, Norway is also ranked as one of the happiest countries on earth. They were number one for a while and are currently ranked sixth

"The citizens of sixth-place Norway (7.392) feel they are being well cared for by their government thanks to universal healthcare and free college tuition. Norwegians also enjoy a healthy work-life balance, working an average of 38 hours per week vs. 41.5. hours per week in the United States. Additionally, Norway has a low crime rate and a strong sense of community among its citizens—a quality it shares with many of the top seven."

Oh the racially and ethnically homogenous country the size of New York City with a GDP slightly larger than Apple’s, wins on some arbitrary happiness metric over one of the largest, wealthiest, and most racially and ethnically diverse countries in the world with a population about 300 million people larger?

The “look at how happy the people of [insert Nordic country] are” is an exercise for children. Don’t be a dipshit.

Reactions: Clemson Goat
Great example of what dems do and what they stand for. Radical dems do consider all whites the deplorables and plan to treat us unfairly at all times.

Greg Price

Greg Price

12 hours ago , 2 tweets, 1 min read
Read on Twitter

Two kids were tragically shot by homeowners after showing up to the wrong house over the weekend.

One lived. One died.

Joe Biden only spoke to the families of one of them, as well as invited them to the White House.

Why do you think that might be? 🧐

Hint: It's the same reason Biden visited Buffalo after the grocery store shooting but not Waukesha after the Christmas parade massacre.

It's also the same reason he didn't call the families of the Nashville victims but did speak to the "Tennessee Three."

Reactions: Clemson Goat
Oh the racially and ethnically homogenous country the size of New York City with a GDP slightly larger than Apple’s, wins on some arbitrary happiness metric over one of the largest, wealthiest, and most racially and ethnically diverse countries in the world with a population about 300 million people larger?

The “look at how happy the people of [insert Nordic country] are” is an exercise for children. Don’t be a dipshit.
Here's a fun fact.......The nordics have probably the lowest diversity numbers in the world, those countries are like 95% white and yet these liberal morons suggest they are the countries we should model after to rid ourselves of racism and oppression. Hilarious

Case in point:

"The largest Denmark racial/ethnic groups are White (96.1%) followed by Hispanic (1.9%) and Asian (1.0%)."

Says the guy who has defended and tossed MAGA salad for years and follows the lowest life forms the web has to offer, you're the last person that should be talking about nonsense. You abandoned the high ground long ago Jake.
Please don't shoot up any softball fields you unhinged lunatic. Trump hasn't been president in years, yet you say his name no less than 10 times a day on this board. Your defense of probably the weakest admin this country has ever seen is "well Trump".

Dude, there is no f*cking high ground anymore........just take a look around you. You want drastic, extreme change and people like me don't. There is no middle anymore......the middle was the high ground and the middle is just about gone.

Did you see the post I was responding to dipshit? Remember, Norway had a gun problem as well until they cracked down following a mass shooting of 69 teenagers at a youth camp in 2011. Unlike here, they actually had the balls to do something about it and it's worked so far and that's one of the reasons they are listed as one of the world's happiest countries - because they feel safe - dipshit.

Please don't shoot up any softball fields you unhinged lunatic. Trump hasn't been president in years, yet you say his name no less than 10 times a day on this board. Your defense of probably the weakest admin this country has ever seen is "well Trump".

Dude, there is no f*cking high ground anymore........just take a look around you. You want drastic, extreme change and people like me don't. There is no middle anymore......the middle was the high ground and the middle is just about gone.
You're nowhere close to the middle Jake because you've decided that the cancerous rhetoric Trump unleashed appealed to your inner hatred and you now feel comfortable sharing it. If the most famous politician in the world makes it acceptable to dwell in the gutter and fill the ether with lies and misinformation, why can't you? After all, he normalized it and obviously it appeals to you since you now drink misinformation from a firehose and freely share it here without an ounce of embarrassment. YOU are the problem but you refuse to see it...

Did you see the post I was responding to dipshit? Remember, Norway had a gun problem as well until they cracked down following a mass shooting of 69 teenagers at a youth camp in 2011. Unlike here, they actually had the balls to do something about it and it's worked so far and that's one of the reasons they are listed as one of the world's happiest countries - because they feel safe - dipshit.
Oooof….

You're nowhere close to the middle Jake because you've decided that the cancerous rhetoric Trump unleashed appealed to your inner hatred and you now feel comfortable sharing it. If the most famous politician in the world makes it acceptable to dwell in the gutter and fill the ether with lies and misinformation, why can't you? After all, he normalized it and obviously it appeals to you since you now drink misinformation from a firehose and freely share it here without an ounce of embarrassment. YOU are the problem but you refuse to see it...
I'm not close to the middle because I don't see a middle anymore,.......there isn't one. This has nothing to do with Trump which you already know, it's just an easy phrase or word to throw out there in hopes it stops the real conversations from happening in regards to challenging the absolutely insane, dog-shit policies the left keep pitching. You do the same with racism, gender, etc. Anytime you don't want to show how short sighted and insecure you are in regards to the very stupid policies you keep backing, you use Trump, Maga, Racism, Bigot, etc. A large chunk of the country has hit their breaking point, hence why you are seeing the pushback against the .0001% Trans community.

Trump isn't the one who has the entire country at risk of default while the world shifts to a different currency for global trade backstop/settlement. If that happens at scale, we are basically Venezuela. I don't care who you vote for or what policies you care about, the country is in a far worse place in 2023 than it was in 2019 or even 2020.

Ah yes, the old misinformation statement......right on queue. Imagine labeling EVERY SINGLE JOURNALIST that doesn't agree with the liberal narratives as misinformation spreaders.

it's getting hard to take you seriously at this point.

I'm not close to the middle because I don't see a middle anymore,.......there isn't one. This has nothing to do with Trump which you already know, it's just an easy phrase or word to throw out there in hopes it stops the real conversations from happening in regards to challenging the absolutely insane, dog-shit policies the left keep pitching. You do the same with racism, gender, etc. Anytime you don't want to show how short sighted and insecure you are in regards to the very stupid policies you keep backing, you use Trump, Maga, Racism, Bigot, etc. A large chunk of the country has hit their breaking point, hence why you are seeing the pushback against the .0001% Trans community.

Trump isn't the one who has the entire country at risk of default while the world shifts to a different currency for global trade backstop/settlement. If that happens at scale, we are basically Venezuela. I don't care who you vote for or what policies you care about, the country is in a far worse place in 2023 than it was in 2019 or even 2020.

Ah yes, the old misinformation statement......right on queue. Imagine labeling EVERY SINGLE JOURNALIST that doesn't agree with the liberal narratives as misinformation spreaders.

The problem is you believe LibsofTikTok, Tim Pool, KanekoatheGreat and Tucker qualify as journalists LMAO. You also rage against the MAJORITY of this country because you believe you can only win by fanning the culture war flames, since the policies you support are so unpopular to the rest of us.

At least you get likes from Growls, Clemson Goat and Hambone - that's got to feel good...

The problem is you believe LibsofTikTok, Tim Pool, KanekoatheGreat and Tucker qualify as journalists LMAO. You also rage against the MAJORITY of this country because you believe you can only win by fanning the culture war flames, since the policies you support are so unpopular to the rest of us.

At least you get likes from Growls, Clemson Goat and Hambone - that's got to feel good...

And you believe what sources exactly? I'll hang up and listen. This should be good. Just want to make sure we're reading and referring to approved sources.

Last edited:

Settle down. You seem like you’re wrapped a little tight. Try getting outside more.

Reactions: Willence
Settle down. You seem like you’re wrapped a little tight. Try getting outside more.
Would it help if I was made out of artificial body parts like you? Can't imagine being tighter than someone who gets rusty when it rains.

I've been meaning to ask you what do your very important and smart businessmen associates think about the gun violence?

I always look to the businessmen for answers on complex social issues. They were bang on that covid would be over by the 2nd week of April 2020.

This is just BS. Conservatives want local communities controlling the schools, not the federal government. So why don't you mount a campaign in your local communities promoting bond initiatives to fund school security. It will take millions of local dollars and your property taxes are going to increase. If you are ok with that, I suggest you get busy persuading others to join you.

People love to complain about school security. Few people are willing to actually pay for it out of their own tax dollars.

a mass shooting of 69 teenagers at a youth camp in 2011.

Carried out with a pistol in a country that already had some of the strictest gun laws on the planet at the time of the shooting.................but banning ar15's is going to magically solve the problem?

Steal doors. Genius

Carried out with a pistol in a country that already had some of the strictest gun laws on the planet at the time of the shooting.................but banning ar15's is going to magically solve the problem?
A semi-automatic rifle and a pistol. Semi-automatics were banned and no mass shootings since.

Lol, Trump is the misinformation specialist. You do remember when he said fake news and you ate his ass for it?

I've been meaning to ask you what do your very important and smart businessmen associates think about the gun violence?

I always look to the businessmen for answers on complex social issues. They were bang on that covid would be over by the 2nd week of April 2020.
That’s it. Let it consume you.

This is just BS. Conservatives want local communities controlling the schools, not the federal government. So why don't you mount a campaign in your local communities promoting bond initiatives to fund school security. It will take millions of local dollars and your property taxes are going to increase. If you are ok with that, I suggest you get busy persuading others to join you.

People love to complain about school security. Few people are willing to actually pay for it out of their own tax dollars.

I believe the money's already there locally in Greenville county, it's just a matter of how the money's being spent. We could cut out some of the beautification projects and use that money for school security. GCS already had $700,000 for security improvements included in their 2022 budget and they have something like $588 million in proposed construction projects that these improvements could/should be included for new school construction and existing school renovations.

A semi-automatic rifle and a pistol. Semi-automatics were banned and no mass shootings since.

He had a mini 14, 12ga shotgun, and a .308 bolt action rifle..........but my understanding is he did most of the killing with a glock pistol and the rest with a bomb.

Worst school shooting in the US is still VT and that was done with 2 glocks. So again.........how does banning ar15's magically solve the problem?

Daily reminder that this is a moral failing by the right. The Right is morally bankrupt.

Matthew 7:5

"You hypocrite! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you will see clearly, so that you can remove the splinter from your brother's eye!"

It's truly a shame we can't all ratchet down all the attacks and actually discuss things. I love the good debates here when they happen. Hopefully at some point we'll all realize nothing good comes from all the name calling and wishing people's kids would get killed in a school shooting. Such vile behavior.

And that's all you've got. Owning the libs is clearly the biggest political winner of all time. Please stop doing it. Please!
If you wanted to have a serious conversation about guns, I’d be more interested. I’ll play along, though. I’ve hunted my entire life. I got my first real gun - a .20 gauge 870 - when I was 8. Obviously, access to it was controlled at that point. Thanks to a previous life and some ongoing projects I’m still involved in, I’ve seen more than I care to of what they’re capable of when used for bad. Much of it beyond the borders of this country and outside the bounds of state conflict/warfare. Guns should be harder to get. I’d be fine with that. Common sense legislation to establish age limits, waiting periods, systematized in depth background checks, or other potential due diligence steps would be something I’d listen to and support entirely if done thoughtfully and established in a manner that protected that system from abuse.

That said, banning a certain platform(s) is a non starter and frankly would be a waste of resources. The way you turn the tide is by passing intelligent legislation with bipartisan support (read: will pass and hold up to legal review) that raises the bar for obtaining guns. Banning platforms solves nothing. Most mass shootings result in death tolls that could be accomplished using multiple other platforms. Banning something because of how it looks is counterproductive and doesn’t solve the problem. Take an M1A. You get a 22” barrel in walnut or mossy oak with a good glass and a 5 or 10 rd magazine, and you have a solid hog or deer gun that most would say looks like a fairly innocuous hunting rifle. Take that exact same gun in black and put a tac/telescoping stock on it, swap in an LPVO, and a 20rd mag, and people start screaming about how no one should be able to own such a gun.

If someone wants to create mass casualty events, they can find a way. Banning AR-15s won’t solve that. It’s not even the most lethal platform available to the public, frankly. Legislating the obtaining of a firearm into a process that requires a higher bar for both sellers and buyers in addition to raising the minimum age for purchase and tightening regulations around transfers and FFL licensing is step 1. There should also be criminal consequences for adults who store firearms in such a way that minors/children/whoever have access to them without doing something criminal to get them. That’s probably a slightly more nuanced bit of legislation but no less common sense. Getting bipartisan support to pass such legislation seems like it would be fairly simple. Subsequent steps are going to be harder and involve the handling of mental health issues - which I am not qualified to address beyond knowing that some sort of standardized psych eval/history requirement to purchase guns is probably wise if those can be implemented in such a way that abuses are mitigated. You also have to control the flow of weapons across borders and make punishments for trafficking and/or illegally possessing those weapons harsh.

None of the above will be perfect solutions or magically solve the issue, but they’re better than doing nothing. And, most people - even ardent 2A supporters - are willing to listen to ideas and ultimately support thoughtful and intelligently constructed legislation. Progress will have to be incremental for myriad reasons, but both sides need to stop treating it like a zero sum game. It shouldn’t be. Measured, thoughtful bipartisan solutions should be fairly straightforward. Should being the key word. Unfortunately, instead of solutions we get political posturing and inaction from both sides when the opposite is needed and very possible.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT