ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at Chicago

Well that’s good. It’s crazy that there are real people who think this is a good idea. From what I’ve seen of that new mayor, who knows what will happen up there.
For what its worth, which is not much, I am relatively excited about Johnson and happily voted for him. A lot of the economic ideas have just been that, ideas. He's already walked back or changed some proposals he's had due to conversations with the governor and people in the state house. Of course you could also say that its crazy there are real people who thought the Vallas/Rahm charter school scheme was a good idea

Oh come on now. We had quite a few agreements recently.
I should probably add here that I was stunned that they chose him over a Dem candidate who was supported by the police union in a city with such a high crime rate. It was reported that 800+ policemen were quitting due to his election. I do understand that he was supported by the school board though, so I may not know enough to weigh in too harshly, but some of his comments and stances bewilder me.

For what its worth, which is not much, I am relatively excited about Johnson and happily voted for him. A lot of the economic ideas have just been that, ideas. He's already walked back or changed some proposals he's had due to conversations with the governor and people in the state house. Of course you could also say that its crazy there are real people who thought the Vallas/Rahm charter school scheme was a good idea

Wow. Definitely didn’t expect an enthusiastic Brandon Johnson voter on this board. Most of the lefties here stop short of that. See @dpic73’s post above.

I don't have much of opinion on this matter, as I don't live in Chicago. This seems like political grandstanding to the extreme. As is usually the case when conservatives post about mayors of large democrat cities, I find myself wondering two things: 1) why do they care if they don't live there, and 2) how do so many conservatives know the name of so many American mayors. I know the name of one, and it's the mayor of the city I live in. Just seems weird to me.

Wanting free medicare and tuition for all != saying that muslims are taking over the US, Space Lasers, banning the gay pride flag at embassies, accused the entire democratic party of being the party of pedophilia (Just a few of the things MTG has spouted over the years.)
Yes, MTG is extreme. Now can you answer the question or just try to change the subject.

Wow. Definitely didn’t expect an enthusiastic Brandon Johnson voter on this board. Most of the lefties here stop short of that. See @dpic73’s post above.
He isn't perfect but considering the other people who ran and who we have had at mayor ever since Harold Washington died it was a relatively easy choice

uhYes, MTG is extreme. Now can you answer the question or just try to change the subject.
You may not agree with her politics but at least she's a force for good. The extremes, uh I mean, the mainstream nutbags on the right are not.

CME group already said if those proposals pass they are moving out of state. Same with the CBOE. Two majors but I’m sure many others will follow. Duffy at CME said the day it passes is the day the CME moves.

No. They are further to left of center than I am. But they are not some Dem equivalent of Grandma Boebert or butt ass ugly Caveman Taylor Greene, if that's what you're asking.
two sides of the same crazy coin but keep telling yourself that

$12 billion to fund a “just” Chicago. What does that mean? What does a “just” Chicago look like?

CME group already said if those proposals pass they are moving out of state. Same with the CBOE. Two majors but I’m sure many others will follow. Duffy at CME said the day it passes is the day the CME moves.
CME is a corrupt piece of sh!t. I hope they fold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT