ADVERTISEMENT

More Context from Kanyon Tuttle

I hope this guy doesn’t turn into South Carolina administration? Statement after statement after statement

he said what he said the first time.... you can’t change that. Mean what you say and say what you mean.... right or wrong, you said it for the world to see it.

i hope Dabo nor Clemson speaks out on this “issue”, Dabo has a right to believe what he believes. If you don’t agree with it, it’s your opinion.... just like your opinion, doesn’t make him wrong or right.

I don’t think anyone speaking on the subject has a clue what all Dabo does or doesnt do for mankind. Including me. But I don’t take to twitter and pretend.

Dutch Coleman talked about Dabo and said that to really understand all he does for people, you have to have the information on how the program runs - the PAW journey, everything. Many people don't have that. Bomani Jones (the example he was using) doesn't have that.

Odd that he posts about the unacceptable nine unarmed black people killed by police and not the catastrophic 7500+ that were killed by their own brothers and sisters. This will never make any damn sense until that fact is addressed.

Do I agree with his original way of handling this no. He probably should have led with this tweet and I would have seen no problem.
From feedback I’ve gathered I don’t think Kenyon ever intended his tweet to cause such a massive stir and did not fully understand the power of his words and how it would be used against the program.

Without giving details, Dabo has gone out of his way to be helpful to Kenyon (and obviously many others) in times where he did not need to and I have a hard time believing that Kenyon was purposefully attempting to smear Dabo or the program. That said, hopefully he learns from this that what he says, particularly when the characters available to him are so limited, can have a significant impact that he may not actually intend. By that same token, I hope Dabo also learns that perhaps he could do more in a leadership capacity in representing the feelings of his black players.

This message from Kenyon today is obviously more well thought out and more contextualized and isn’t an unreasonable message, though I’m sure some will still scoff at it. I will be interested to see if folks so eager to forgive and forget the mistake by Pearman will be as willing to forgive and forget this error in judgement on Kenyon’s part.

Go home Kanyon you’re drunk. As someone mentioned, you were a favor, riding the coattails of your last name.

To question what Dabo does to promote the betterment of all Clemson players - past and present - is ignorant. The proof is in the pudding. Find me a coach who does it better, or even comes close. You’re whining because he doesn’t do every little thing as you feel he should.

Guess this guy wants to try to get a second fifteen minutes of fame? And here is a reality check King Tut. You weren’t a player for this program, you were a damn favor.
That's what bothers me most of all. He's doing all this bitching about things being unfair when he would never have sniffed this program had it not been for Dabo.

Also stunned Kanyon didn't apologize for his significant misrepresentation of the event. Big difference in the error committed by DP and calling someone that grotesque word as Mr. Tuttle suggested.

Reactions: mccadoyle
So wait, is he no longer angry about the Pearman situation? It sounds like he's more upset that Dabo wasn't more supportive in his public statement on Monday...

If so, why not just post this message the first time around?
Because after the first one his father came home and beat his ass. And when he was done, he helped him write that next statement...the grammar (he used a damn semi-colon correctly) is slightly different than his first

Reactions: Trading Tiger
From feedback I’ve gathered I don’t think Kenyon ever intended his tweet to cause such a massive stir and did not fully understand the power of his words and how it would be used against the program.

Without giving details, Dabo has gone out of his way to be helpful to Kenyon (and obviously many others) in times where he did not need to and I have a hard time believing that Kenyon was purposefully attempting to smear Dabo or the program. That said, hopefully he learns from this that what he says, particularly when the characters available to him are so limited, can have a significant impact that he may not actually intend. By that same token, I hope Dabo also learns that perhaps he could do more in a leadership capacity in representing the feelings of his black players.

This message from Kenyon today is obviously more well thought out and more contextualized and isn’t an unreasonable message, though I’m sure some will still scoff at it. I will be interested to see if folks so eager to forgive and forget the mistake by Pearman will be as willing to forgive and forget this error in judgement on Kenyon’s part.
Honestly, this just makes him look even worse. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, already knew he was a bitch for keeping something like this bottled up inside for 3 years, only to bring it back up when it can do the most damage. That's page 1 in the How to Argue Like a Bitch handbook.

But now you're telling us that he didn't know it would be that big of a deal?? So he's a retarded bitch?!?!

I can't stand the world we're living in. First off the 2 that was already involved one asking forgiveness and apologizing and the other saying it was over should be enough. Even apologize to the team also. Does everyone in power or celebrity status have to give their opinion? Majority I could give a rat's ass to hear to begin with. Anyone that knows anything about Dabo knows how he feels to begin with.

Guess this guy wants to try to get a second fifteen minutes of fame? And here is a reality check King Tut. You weren’t a player for this program, you were a damn favor.
There is no call for that. Even if he was 100% wrong, there is no reason to be vindictive. Even righteous indignation hurts the hater more than the hated.

Reactions: petegroove
This notion that “It doesn’t matter what Dabo or Clemson does or doesn’t say” is asinine. If Dabo said what Trevor said the media and general public would’ve been singing his praises.

I like that the first reply to Tuttle is from an FSU fan. Guy must've been in a coma for the past 48 hours and just woke up today.

Honestly, this just makes him look even worse. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, already knew he was a bitch for keeping something like this bottled up inside for 3 years, only to bring it back up when it can do the most damage. That's page 1 in the How to Argue Like a Bitch handbook.

But now you're telling us that he didn't know it would be that big of a deal?? So he's a retarded bitch?!?!

His tweet makes him look infinitely more reasonable, thoughtful, and Christian than this post does for you. To err is human...

Completely Agree.

I might get obliterated for this, but his tweet is pretty spot on. I don’t think it is Dabo’s fault that he isn’t as nuanced on the overall treatment of black people in America. To live up to the Best is Standard mantra however, he should educate himself and his staff more on the issues that his players of color obviously feel exist in America and in the context of Collegiate sports. The great thing is that Dabo has shown the willingness to accept when he is wrong and make changes, and I think he genuinely does mean good for all of his players individually. Just my .02

I hope this guy doesn’t turn into South Carolina administration? Statement after statement after statement

he said what he said the first time.... you can’t change that. Mean what you say and say what you mean.... right or wrong, you said it for the world to see it.

i hope Dabo nor Clemson speaks out on this “issue”, Dabo has a right to believe what he believes. If you don’t agree with it, it’s your opinion.... just like your opinion, doesn’t make him wrong or right.
lol! That was my first thought as well

Reactions: toasted8CU

Not looking to dox the kid, but from what you've heard is it accurate to say that he was in some sense kicked off the team here as Xavier Brewer mentioned? If so, I would presume he did something substantial to warrant being tossed given the stature of his last name at Clemson.

I agree with 100% of what Kanyon said. I love Dabo and think he’s a great coach and a great person that’s done a lot for a lot of people. He can be both of those things and still be tone deaf and a bit ignorant when it comes to racial issues, at least in terms of his public statements. His silence on the Pearman incident so far is deafening. I’m hopeful when he is eventually forced to address that he’ll take more of a stance.

If the entire country would model itself after Dabo and the way he loves people, believes in people, and works hard for people, we wouldn’t be having the riots.

What the young Tuttle should be talking about is how Dabo loves him like he loves all
His players. That even though he was a walk-on Dabo didn’t consider him of less value and certainly never because of skin color.

Dabo’s opinion on this matter is lived out by him and his staff every day. He doesn’t have to have your opinion or my opinion on anything. That’s the point I wish everyone could see. Tuttle should be thankful he had the opportunity to witness a true leader with true vision on a daily basis.

This. I agree with this take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT