ADVERTISEMENT

Omnibus Bill

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
I am not happy at all with this bill. I strongly feel that President Trump should have vetoed and put a line in the sand right here. He did not like this bill, but gave in due to his strong desire to fund the military and make up for some deficiencies created over recent years. He rolled the dice today. This could be the beginning of the end if he loses some of his base over this. If the dems take the house in the fall, they will attempt to impeach him even with no reason. It would not take many of his supporters deciding to stay home for it to happen this fall.

I still support President Trump even though he disappointed me today. He needs to make it up and sell it to the people between now and the fall. Thats the reality of the current situation. To give all the funding for the liberal causes and not get squat for the wall hurts a lot.

I am not happy at all with this bill. I strongly feel that President Trump should have vetoed and put a line in the sand right here. He did not like this bill, but gave in due to his strong desire to fund the military and make up for some deficiencies created over recent years. He rolled the dice today. This could be the beginning of the end if he loses some of his base over this. If the dems take the house in the fall, they will attempt to impeach him even with no reason. It would not take many of his supporters deciding to stay home for it to happen this fall.

I still support President Trump even though he disappointed me today. He needs to make it up and sell it to the people between now and the fall. Thats the reality of the current situation. To give all the funding for the liberal causes and not get squat for the wall hurts a lot.

What was specifically bad about the bill?

What was specifically bad about the bill?

No wall funding and the overall amount is my biggest gripe. Trump traded giving the democrats every expenditure they wanted including a number of things he promised to get rid of for the military spending and did not get the 25B for the wall. I have given Trump a lot of credit for keeping his promises and he didnt keep it here. He could have vetoed that bill and told congress to keep working and make it better. He would have come out on top by drawing the line in the sand. He has weakened himself with his base by signing the bill in my opinion. I am still behind him, but hoping he has a plan to get the wall and some of the other promises. He is still way better than any republican or democratic alternative that I can think of at this time. I do like the young guy Matt Gaetz from FL and think he might have a future as a potential president if he keeps growing.

No wall funding and the overall amount is my biggest gripe. Trump traded giving the democrats every expenditure they wanted including a number of things he promised to get rid of for the military spending and did not get the 25B for the wall. I have given Trump a lot of credit for keeping his promises and he didnt keep it here. He could have vetoed that bill and told congress to keep working and make it better. He would have come out on top by drawing the line in the sand. He has weakened himself with his base by signing the bill in my opinion. I am still behind him, but hoping he has a plan to get the wall and some of the other promises. He is still way better than any republican or democratic alternative that I can think of at this time. I do like the young guy Matt Gaetz from FL and think he might have a future as a potential president if he keeps growing.

I guess I'm a little confused about the wall funding being a problem for two reasons.

1) Mexico is supposed to pay for it, so why should we budget for it?
2) Extremely few people outside of Trump's base think that the wall is a good use of money.

I'm a liberal so I don't take any exception the idea that "Trump traded giving the democrats every expinditure they wanted" thing but I am curious as to what specific measures you didn't like.

I'm not thrilled with the overall spending either when we just cut taxes. I wouldn't have much of an issue with our spending levels if it weren't for the tax cut.

I guess I'm a little confused about the wall funding being a problem for two reasons.

1) Mexico is supposed to pay for it, so why should we budget for it?
2) Extremely few people outside of Trump's base think that the wall is a good use of money.

I'm a liberal so I don't take any exception the idea that "Trump traded giving the democrats every expinditure they wanted" thing but I am curious as to what specific measures you didn't like.

I'm not thrilled with the overall spending either when we just cut taxes. I wouldn't have much of an issue with our spending levels if it weren't for the tax cut.

1 - LOL. Trump meant that he will take the amount of the cost of the wall from revamped NAFTA deal with Mexico, so the US will have to pay for the official construction.
2 - I want the wall. I am part of the base, so you are right there. Nancy Pelosi wants to cut the high grass around the border. Is that your plan? Do you support unfettered open borders?

1 - LOL. Trump meant that he will take the amount of the cost of the wall from revamped NAFTA deal with Mexico, so the US will have to pay for the official construction.
2 - I want the wall. I am part of the base, so you are right there. Nancy Pelosi wants to cut the high grass around the border. Is that your plan? Do you support unfettered open borders?

1. Ahh. So when he said Mexico will pay for the wall and it won't cost us a dime (because he's the greatest deal make ever), he really was saying that it would cost us a TON and that Mexico would pay on the back end somehow? It's good that you are hear to explain it to me, because that's not what I heard. Kind of like when he said that he and his campaign staff had no meetings with Russia before he became president, what he really meant was that he and his staff had a bunch of meetings with Russia?

2. The wall is a stupid idea. We pay billions for a 20 foot wall. Mexicans pay $49.95 for a 25ft extension ladder. or better yet, $30 for a jigsaw.

Reactions: blythewood tigers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT