ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mass shooting in El Paso

We’ve had 249 since Jan 1, so I’d wager it’s a pretty substantial amount. Illegal immigration is a problem, but these mass shootings are mainly committed by radicalized white supremacists.

False.

Stephen Paddock was shooting country music fans.

It had nothing to do with country music, he wanted to kill as many people as possible, and he did.

They were mostly white people. Which makes him not a white supremacist.

If all he wanted to do is kill people, then why didn't he use one of these
https://fnamerica.com/products/machine-guns/fn-m240h/
because his targets were out of range of the 223 round?

They also sell semi-automatic M-10s that shoot 7.62x55 rounds

In other words. Why didn't he use a hunting round?

Last edited:
We’ve had 249 since Jan 1, so I’d wager it’s a pretty substantial amount. Illegal immigration is a problem, but these mass shootings are mainly committed by radicalized white supremacists.

Wow. 249. I believe you, that must be substantial. I'm not very smart so I'm going to need some help. The population of the US is approximately 327.2 Million. I wonder how significant that is as a percentage? Can you do the math for me and help me out?

However, 249 seems to be at or below the rate for the murders in any number of Democrat controlled cities in the US... at least in 2018.

Radicalized White Supremists? LoL. Dude, if you are going to bring Race into this, you need to try harder. Please provide some substanciating information.

"Mass Shootings" are predominately a white male thing. That is a fact. No question. But, not all whites that commit mass shootings are "white supremacists" (sorry to burst any Trump-hating bubble). I don't think that mass shooting perps are predominately "white supremacists". Do I have this wrong? Please point me to any legitimate mass shooting link to white supremacy.

Reactions: 92TigerME
Funny, that we now hear a bunch about "Mental Resillience" and "Resillience Training"... I guess that's what we used to call , " Wrestling" and "Football"... and that training started in grade school.

Nah...probably nothing here...

You/I came from the same school.

Reactions: nsp1996
You/I came from the same school.

Yes. My wrestling coaches and football coaches didn't give a shit (and neither did the other kids). Wow, coming home crying with your tail between your legs was unthought of. So unfeeling.... but not really. There were EXPECTATIONS placed on kids. And kids represented the family. It sounds funny now, but conversations/mentioning of "dishonoring the family name" happened around our dinner table ( along with "manners" and the very unpleasant time that I had to be reminded about respecting my Mother). It kinda matched the fact that every Sunday at Mass there were expectations. Expectation of behavior in Mass and expectation for behavior in life as taught in the scriptures and by the Priest in the homily.

Sounds so made up now that I am middle-aged. Lol. But this really was life!

Illegal aliens?

I have no idea, however... I'd say its safe to assume that not every member of MS 13 or any number of other gangs are here legally. I'd wager that the number of deaths caused by illegals FAR eclipse mass shootings.

Where do deaths from mass shootings rank among all causes of death in the US... and how many, on average, per year is that?
1. I will take this bet! MS 13 is a US gang originally organized in US prison out west. But I do acknowledge, when you use the words, “every member”, you gave yourself an out!
2. I will take that bet, but have to add the domestic terriorist; KKK & Timothy McVeigh types as their mass killings were with a different type of weapon!

He definitely wasn't a conservative calling for UBI. I'll bet we find out he was a Bernie Supporter.
Posting the following text from this link
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ts-universal-income-and-universal-healthcare/

Under his section titled “Economic Reasons” for the attack, the shooter states:

In the near future, America will have to initiate a basic universal income to prevent widespread poverty and civil unrest as people lose their jobs (to automation). Joblessness is in itself a source of civil unrest. The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.”

Now THAT is some Nazi level stuff right there. Kill the undesirables so we can have our glorious government programs!

is was an act of environmental terrorism as well:

“The decimation of our environment is creating a massive burden for future generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our environment by shamelessly overharvesting resources.”

Not exactly sounding like a Republican, but this next quote does remind me of one of the parties:

“I am against race mixing because it destroys genetic diversity and creates identity problems….But the idea of deporting or murdering all non-white Americans is horrific. Many have been here as long as the whites, and have done as much to build our country. The best solution to this for now would be to divide America int a confederacy of territories with at least 1 territory for each race.”

Huh. Where have we heard about a confederacy in the past? We’ll have to think on that one.

Reactions: orangelvis
Wow. 249. I believe you, that must be substantial. I'm not very smart so I'm going to need some help. The population of the US is approximately 327.2 Million. I wonder how significant that is as a percentage? Can you do the math for me and help me out?

However, 249 seems to be at or below the rate for the murders in any number of Democrat controlled cities in the US... at least in 2018.

Radicalized White Supremists? LoL. Dude, if you are going to bring Race into this, you need to try harder. Please provide some substanciating information.

"Mass Shootings" are predominately a white male thing. That is a fact. No question. But, not all whites that commit mass shootings are "white supremacists" (sorry to burst any Trump-hating bubble). I don't think that mass shooting perps are predominately "white supremacists". Do I have this wrong? Please point me to any legitimate mass shooting link to white supremacy.

Dylan roof? Or we could start with the most recent one.

I can't believe so many on this and other boards make excuses when this happens. This is a great country but no other country comes close to the number of mass shootings. We act like we can't do anything about it. That's complete BS. We need to look at mental health, look at gun control, look at hate crimes. Otherwise we need to just raise our hands and say "You win."
This is not a political question. Its not a democrat question or a republican question. its an American question. A bipartisan committee of congress needs to be appointed to study the problem in depth. Then recommend solutions, then implement solutions. Not all solutions will work but as FDR famously said about the Great Depression we will try one thing then another but we have to do something.

Yes. My wrestling coaches and football coaches didn't give a shit (and neither did the other kids). Wow, coming home crying with your tail between your legs was unthought of. So unfeeling.... but not really. There were EXPECTATIONS placed on kids. And kids represented the family. It sounds funny now, but conversations/mentioning of "dishonoring the family name" happened around our dinner table ( along with "manners" and the very unpleasant time that I had to be reminded about respecting my Mother). It kinda matched the fact that every Sunday at Mass there were expectations. Expectation of behavior in Mass and expectation for behavior in life as taught in the scriptures and by the Priest in the homily.

Sounds so made up now that I am middle-aged. Lol. But this really was life!

I’m 42... my upbringing echoes this.

The real solution involves all of the following:
1. Requiring states to report to a central registry. The Va Tech and Charleston shooters would've run into obstacles, if reporting occurred
2. More mental health counselors in the schools. Often, teachers and students know who these people are in advance.
3. Go back to the old NRA mission of educating and training responsible gun ownership.
4. Drop any references to gun confiscation. That will never happen here. Nor should it.
5. Get to root causes. It's doubtful that we can create stable two parent homes. We can provide mentors who guide yuh young men towards responsibility.
6. Parents call your kids out of the basement and turn off the gaming systems. If your kid is the best gamer in your neighborhood, you might have a problem. Send them outside for hard physical labor.
7. Tone down the rhetoric. The continual demonization of the other (immigrant, conservative, liberal, etc) with inflammatory language is gasoline for some living on the fringes.
8. Quit publishing the names and faces of the shooters.
I like all of those. Another BIG contributor IMO, is social media.

I don’t know how you fix that without eliminating it all together. These shooters are all outcasts, losers, depressed, etc and they see their peers being happy and having fun on Instagram or whatever and it makes them feel more angry, alone, etc. Then you have reddit and other places where they all get together and online chat about it and become even more angry and gain the inspiration and confidence to go through with their plans.

What do you mean @92TigerME? You called it a false flag--meaning the govt orchestrated it and it isn't real. That is absolutely not condemning it.

So is Dayton a false flag too? Conner Betts not a real person?

Or maybe part of the problem is that folks don't want to realize/make excuses that white nationalism is a problem in this country and the rhetoric fueling it for political gain is melding with a society full of guns leading to abhorrent violence.

Assuming the manifesto belonged to the shooter and he meant what he wrote, then he is definitely a political terrorist.
What do you mean @92TigerME? You called it a false flag--meaning the govt orchestrated it and it isn't real. That is absolutely not condemning it.

Or maybe part of the problem is that folks don't want to realize/make excuses that white nationalism is a problem in this country and the rhetoric fueling it for political gain is melding with a society full of guns leading to abhorrent violence.

No.

False flag does not necessarily mean that the government orchestrated it.

This seems to be from a political terrorist and or group.

This guy is a terrorist that had a political agenda. Not a crazy person like some are saying.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
What do you guys make of this? I haven't really checked it out yet.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...aturday-shooting-from-democrat-to-republican/

I don't really know how MyLife works, but this stuff happens.

Stop reading that trash. MyLife isn't accurate at all. So yes--people go on pages and change info after tragedies--both 'leftists' and right wing extremists. There, debunked. No conspiracy.

My goodness...

The real question is why gatewaypundit and others in the same ecosystem have to turn everything that doesn't agree with their ideology into a conspiracy and proof of QAnon nonsense.

Still waiting on the storm and great awakening...what a bunch of bologna...

Stop reading that trash. MyLife isn't accurate at all. So yes--people go on pages and change info after tragedies--both 'leftists' and right wing extremists. There, debunked. No conspiracy.

My goodness...

The real question is why gatewaypundit and others in the same ecosystem have to turn everything that doesn't agree with their ideology into a conspiracy and proof of QAnon nonsense.

Still waiting on the storm and great awakening...what a bunch of bologna...

There is nothing trashy about what gatewaypundit presents. Just because it doesn't line up with your Washington Post views of "I Hate Trumptards", doesn't mean you have to berate people who read other news sources.

This guy is a terrorist that had a political agenda. Not a crazy person like some are saying.

Ahh...can you name the group? Or is it too secret right now--very hush, hush...

I don't know. There is actual evidence that it is a political agenda called WHITE NATIONALISM. But maybe that is too obvious...

(see I think what is really going on is that when one of these twisted individuals acts then those that inspire white nationalism or those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo--gun lobby, ideologues, etc--see this, they need to rationalize it through conspiracy theories...and that may be the most twisted thing of all--that otherwise good people like yourself and orangelvis get caught in their webs of lies and evil...and then it all happens again and again)

There is nothing trashy about what gatewaypundit presents. Just because it doesn't line up with your Washington Post views of "I Hate Trumptards", doesn't mean you have to berate people who read other news sources.

Nope. Won't let that one go. Gatewaypundit is not news. It is trash. And people who read it regularly are regularly misled.

They throw crap out and get hits and clicks but have no journalistic integrity. They don't print retractions, they don't correct errors, they aren't journalism--they are opinion and ideology and they traffic in conspiracy. Sorry--that isn't because it doesn't align with my worldview. Same thing can be said for leftist blogs. At least Breitbart and the Blaze try...

Here are just 20 times of hundreds, if not thousands...

https://www.mediamatters.org/gatewa...and-gateway-pundit-were-absurdly-wrong/215106

Now I am concerned you are going to tell me that the daily stormer or something similar has its good points...yikes...

Ahh...can you name the group? Or is it too secret right now--very hush, hush...

I don't know. There is actual evidence that it is a political agenda called WHITE NATIONALISM. But maybe that is too obvious...

(see I think what is really going on is that when one of these twisted individuals acts then those that inspire white nationalism or those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo--gun lobby, ideologues, etc--see this, they need to rationalize it through conspiracy theories...and that may be the most twisted thing of all--that otherwise good people like yourself and orangelvis get caught in their webs of lies and evil...and then it all happens again and again)

There is a manifesto. You can assumed to believe it. If you actually read it, you will get a sense of his political ideology which included white nationalism, UBI, climate change and gun control.

Nope. Won't let that one go. Gatewaypundit is not news. It is trash. And people who read it regularly are regularly misled.

They throw crap out and get hits and clicks but have no journalistic integrity. They don't print retractions, they don't correct errors, they aren't journalism--they are opinion and ideology and they traffic in conspiracy. Sorry--that isn't because it doesn't align with my worldview. Same thing can be said for leftist blogs. At least Breitbart and the Blaze try...

Here are just 20 times of hundreds, if not thousands...

https://www.mediamatters.org/gatewa...and-gateway-pundit-were-absurdly-wrong/215106

Now I am concerned you are going to tell me that the daily stormer or something similar has its good points...yikes...

People who quote media matters are products of left wing groupthink. The article posted on gatewaypundit was just quoting from the shooter's manifesto. Fact.

Reactions: orangelvis
It does seem strange that almost every time the left needs to change the conversation, something bad happens.
Let's see, Mueller is shown to be figurehead, not knowing what is even in the report; must less the facts about how the whole investigation got started, nor the players involved. Cummings and his district in Baltimore is called out for being a disgrace. Reports start coming out about hundreds of millions of $$ being unaccounted for in Baltimore. Cummings wife is in deep sh!t. AOC loses her top two advisers and reports coming out they are under investigation. Reports coming out that Comey is in deep shit with OIG ...then wham!, a mass shooting...the narrative changes and the msm is blaming Trump for the killings. Just strange, I tell you.

Reactions: 92TigerME
It does seem strange that almost every time the left needs to change the conversation, something bad happens.
Let's see, Mueller is shown to be figurehead, not knowing what is even in the report; must less the facts about how the whole investigation got started, nor the players involved. Cummings and his district in Baltimore is called out for being a disgrace. Reports start coming out about hundreds of millions of $$ being unaccounted for in Baltimore. Cummings wife is in deep sh!t. AOC loses her top two advisers and reports coming out they are under investigation. Reports coming out that Comey is in deep shit with OIG ...then wham!, a mass shooting...the narrative changes and the msm is blaming Trump for the killings. Just strange, I tell you.

Practically every Democrat is on TV calling for gun control.

Actually he was radicalized by Democrats open boarder campaign, Bernie Sanders UBI and climate change. Maybe you should read his entire manifesto. BTW, there is nothing wrong with having a controlled boarder.

You have overdosed on the gateway pundit

You have overdosed on the gateway pundit

You have not read the manifesto. I'm simply stating what he explicitly stated. Now we must all assume he actually wrote it or believes it. That remains and open item.

Trump better not capitulate to these gun grabbing democrats. Shooter would be happy if he did.

Orange, you never met a conspiracy you didn't fall for. Look up the definition of "paranoia" and see if it fits.

1. I will take this bet! MS 13 is a US gang originally organized in US prison out west. But I do acknowledge, when you use the words, “every member”, you gave yourself an out!
2. I will take that bet, but have to add the domestic terriorist; KKK & Timothy McVeigh types as their mass killings were with a different type of weapon!

I guess my point is, mass shootings are a sensational horrible spectacle that are tragic theater... but in the big picture, there are far more deadly things that are more likely to happen and much bigger problems facing our country.

I don't know about the second part of that... but I agree with the first.

He stated in his manifesto that the AR-15 is a military weapon

Somewhat related

Connor Betts tweets right after 17 students were killed in Parkland Vote Blue and tweets to Senator Rob Porter "how much did you pay to look the other way"

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts/

Both shooters were registered Democrats.

These shootings seem to be politically motivated. Something very sinister is going on with the resist crowd.

He stated in his manifesto that the AR-15 is a military weapon

Somewhat related

Connor Betts tweets right after 17 students were killed in Parkland Vote Blue and tweets to Senator Rob Porter "how much did you pay to look the other way"

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts/

Both shooters were registered Democrats.

These shootings seem to be politically motivated. Something very sinister is going on with the resist crowd.

I don't know... I do think that the Democrat message is more emotional and really plays to those who are not self reliant and who view themselves as "victims" struggling against a rigged system that they cannot overcome.

Did I miss I miss where anyone didn't condemn this? I can't wait until they send 120 thousand volts thru his body.
Cool, next time use that same level of empathy and nuance to not demonize an entire ideology because of the acts of some crazy asshole. Encourage others to do the same and speak out when someone calls all liberals, mexicans, gays or whatever, evil. Because you can appreciate demonizing all for the actions of a lone lunatic, is stupid and dangerous and only helps create division.

Reactions: IMBlessed
ADVERTISEMENT