ADVERTISEMENT

OT: shooting in VA beach

12,000 gun homicides the US. Out of a population of 330 million, hardly an epidemic.

45,000 suicides, 70,000 drug overdoses, 480,000 cigarette deaths, 300,000 due to obesity....those are epidemics.

But of course, there isnt a good narrative behind those deaths. Can't ban drugs that are already banned, or cigarettes or Mcdonalds

Too much truth in there

And no metal detectors? A lot of f ups on their part if there were no armed security guards or metal detectors on site.

I mean I guess if dude just rolls up to security and gets them first, then the metal detectors aren’t doing much. Since they knew him, I doubt anyone thought it possible and had horrible reaction times.

Reactions: dickerj
Look I’m not some crazy gun fan I personally don’t think automatic rifles have any place in society. But guns aren’t the problem, it’s behavior.

Automatic rifles don’t have a place in society.

That’s why automatic rifles are illegal.

And the people who die at the hands of illegal immigrants would still be alive if we secured our border. However, the same people crying about gun laws want to do nothing about securing our border. It’s amazing that when 12,000 people die by guns, the answer is to confiscate. Yet when X number of people die from people who shouldn’t even be in this country, the answer is to open the borders even more.

Since we know undocumented immigrants commit crimes at the same rate as the average citizen (ignoring the misdemeanor of crossing the border without authorization), we can attribute a proportional number of the murders committed in the US to undocumented folks. That gets us to about 600 murders by undocumented immigrants in the US in 2018.

The assertion that none of those people would have been murdered had the undocumented immigrant not been in the US is, of course, unprovable.

lol at your suggestion that anyone wants to "open the border".

There are as many people in the democratic party who want to "open the border" as there are in the Republican party who believe white people are a superior race.

If “SAW”means Semi Automatic Weapon then my 12 and 20 gauge shotguns i use to hunt birds is a “SAW.”

Are you saying we need to ban them?

SAW stands for squad automatic weapon. its this:

9348199-1-2.jpg

YOU CANT PARTICIPATE IN A GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION DEBATE IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WEAPONS!!!

did I do that right gun guys?

12,000 gun homicides the US. Out of a population of 330 million, hardly an epidemic.

45,000 suicides, 70,000 drug overdoses, 480,000 cigarette deaths, 300,000 due to obesity....those are epidemics.

But of course, there isnt a good narrative behind those deaths. Can't ban drugs that are already banned, or cigarettes or Mcdonalds
Well the ones you stated as epidemics, while I don’t disagree, are choices made by the human dying. The ones like today are people who went to work that didn’t make it home because somebody else decided that for them.

9348199-1-2.jpg

YOU CANT PARTICIPATE IN A GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION DEBATE IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WEAPONS!!!

Don't forget "also known as a section automatic weapon or light support weapon".

Don't embarrass these guys too horribly, they have families.

Reactions: Jayshaun494
Since we know undocumented immigrants commit crimes at the same rate as the average citizen (ignoring the misdemeanor of crossing the border without authorization), we can attribute a proportional number of the murders committed in the US to undocumented folks. That gets us to about 600 murders by undocumented immigrants in the US in 2018.

The assertion that none of those people would have been murdered had the undocumented immigrant not been in the US is, of course, unprovable.

There are as many people in the democratic party who want to "open the border" as there are in the Republican party who believe white people are a superior race.

The premise is the same retard. The argument from the left is that if there are no guns, then these folks would all still be alive. Therefore, if there were no illegals, then all the people they kill, even by drunk driving or accident, they would in theory still be alive. Not arguing the number, just the underlying point of how retarded the lefts argument is. I’m not even opposed to some type of gun law reinforcements, just arguing the ridiculous hypocrisy of the left when it comes to protecting the American people.

9348199-1-2.jpg

9348199-1-2.jpg

It also stands for “semi automatic weapon.”

If the weapon you show is “semi-auto” then tell me why I can’t have one.

The premise is the same retard. The argument from the left is that if there are no guns, then these folks would all still be alive. Therefore, if there were no illegals, then all the people they kill, even by drunk driving or accident, they would in theory still be alive. Not arguing the number, just the underlying point of how retarded the lefts argument is. I’m not even opposed to some type of gun law reinforcements, just arguing the ridiculous hypocrisy of the left when it comes to protecting the American people.

its not anywhere close to that simplistic. nuance is important. this issue is more nuanced than take all the guns, everyone lives.

People who commit suicide, die from obesity or smoking are pulling the trigger themselves.

The majority of the 12,000 people who die from gun homicides didn’t have a choice (excluding thugs and gangbangers etc)

Apples and oranges.
Yes...Ron's point is that homicides are a small portion of total deaths and yours is that all homicides regardless of the number should be prevented by removing the option to kill someone. But if your object is to prevent all murder simply by removing weapons then logically you also have to get rid of all knives, too, even if that is a small percent of deaths. All of them so that no one dies by knife.

And pipes, ropes. Wrenches. candlesticks.

Reactions: gcsoccer16
It also stands for “semi automatic weapon.”

If the weapon you show is “semi-auto” then tell me why I can’t have one.

no, it doesn't. literally, no one uses that acronym to refer to semi-automatic weapons, you just made that up for the sake of this argument. I challenge you to find a single reference to a semi-automatic weapon using the acronym SAW.

The weapon i posted is a fully automatic light machine gun. it fires 725 rounds per minute. can you do that with your shotgun?

Honestly, it does seem like you might not know enough to be having this discussion...

no, it doesn't. literally, no one uses that acronym to refer to semi-automatic weapons, you just made that up for the sake of this argument. I challenge you to find a single reference to a semi-automatic weapon using the acronym SAW.

The weapon i posted is a fully automatic light machine gun. it fires 725 rounds per minute. can you do that with your shotgun?

Honestly, it does seem like you might now know enough to be having this discussion...

Look, this ain’t hard. Google “SAW.” One, of many, definitions of SAW is Semi Automatic Weapon.

Now, to enlighten you, a fully automatic weapon is illegal. Has been since the 30’s. If the weapon you showed is full auto it is illegal. Can my shotguns do that? No. Why? Because my shotguns are semi-auto and plugged. Hence, my shotguns are legal. Regardless, if that weapon is semi auto then why can’t I have one?

So...why don’t you do a little research about the difference ‘twixt semi and auto and get back to me.

Look, this ain’t hard. Google “SAW.” One, of many, definitions of SAW is Semi Automatic Weapon.

Now, to enlighten you, a fully automatic weapon is illegal. Has been since the 30’s. If the weapon you showed is full auto it is illegal. Can my shotguns do that? No. Why? Because my shotguns are semi-auto and plugged. Hence, my shotguns are legal. Regardless, if that weapon is semi auto then why can’t I have one?

So...why don’t you do a little research about the difference ‘twixt semi and auto and get back to me.

jesus... link it. because I did google it. i didn't find anything. and Im pretty good at the googles.

fully automatic weapons arent illegal. they just require a permit. here in colorado, that LMG would cost me about 10k and 6 months of waiting to get.

literally nobody ITT said you couldnt have a semi-auto weapon. you are arguing against a straw man.

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SAW - doesnt include the phrase "semi-auto weapon". it does include the term "semiautomatic assault weapon" - which, as most gun people might tell you, has no real meaning, because the word "assault weapon" has no real meaning. it mostly just means scary looking gun.

your inability to admit to being wrong here is kinda sad to watch. You link to a place where SAW is used to mean semi-automatic weapon and I'll admit to being wrong.

ask @Frog209 what a SAW is. our resident navy seal isnt going to say he and his friends use that to refer to "semi-automatic weapons".

jesus... link it. because I did google it. i didn't find anything. and Im pretty good at the googles.

fully automatic weapons arent illegal. they just require a permit. here in colorado, that LMG would cost me about 10k and 6 months of waiting to get.

literally nobody ITT said you couldnt have a semi-auto weapon. you are arguing against a straw man.

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SAW - doesnt include the phrase "semi-auto weapon". it does include the term "semiautomatic assault weapon" - which, as most gun people might tell you, has no real meaning, because the word "assault weapon" has no real meaning. it mostly just means scary looking gun.

your inability to admit to being wrong here is kinda sad to watch. You link to a place where SAW is used to mean semi-automatic weapon and I'll admit to being wrong.

https://www.abbreviations.com/SAW

Try harder iceman.

Again, why can’t I have one?

https://www.abbreviations.com/SAW

Try harder iceman.

Again, why can’t I have one?

are you for real asking why you should be legally barred from owning a weapon that can put 725 rounds down range in a single minute? or are you continuing to argue against a straw man re: semi-automatic weapons.

because, again, nobody ITT said they want to take your shotguns or semi-automatic weapons.

are you for real asking why you should be legally barred from owning a weapon that can put 725 rounds down range in a single minute? or are you continuing to argue against a straw man re: semi-automatic weapons.

because, again, nobody ITT said they want to take your shotguns or semi-automatic weapons.

I have no issue with “SAW” also meaning squad or whatever auto weapon, because I can’t. One of the meanings, perhaps the most popular, is in fact that. My issue is the semi auto argument. Did the shooter in this incident use your version of a SAW? If not why would you introduce that into this discussion?? Drum up hate? Push an agenda? Heck why not post a pic of a bazooka or Stinger or howitzer? If the weapon you showed is truly a fully auto gun capable of firing 725 rds/min that’s in effect what you’ve done. Bully for you.

As for posters itt saying they’d ban them no I don’t see that, but I do see some questions around full/semi autos that at a minimum hint at it, you might wanna go back and read the entire thread. And in the larger context of what’s happening today, many (not all) parts of the media are pushing an anti gun agenda playing fast and loose with context and words like “function,” “semiautomatic,” and “automatic.”

The bottom line is this: you wanna question my right to own a legal weapon then you have to explain why I can’t have it. If it costs 10k and 6 mos to own such a weapon then explain why I can’t have it. Otherwise, the 2nd Amendment says I CAN have it. And that’s enough for me.

You are a political whore who will sell his Country out to gain political clout, you should be castrated and send abroad. The ONLY reason you push for an open border is so you can get a bunch of illegals to vote for your party of choice, a power grab at the expense of everyday citizens.
ICE apprehends almost 2000 illegal alien murder suspects every year, and currently stand at a 96% conviction rate. This excludes any info from sanctuary cities so the real number is much much higher. Murders committed by foreigners on our soil are the most avoidable crimes.

If Dems don’t want to open the border, why does their rhetoric clearly suggest otherwise?

I'd love to post a gif to depict my feelings of iceheart's overreaction but I'm too incompetent to actually post said GIF.

Look. The government needs to worry about enforcing the laws already on their books before worrying about adding new ones. Let's get that right first before worrying about banning AR15s.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
City of Virginia Beach Utilities is a client of mine and I spend a ton of time in that building. I know at least 2 of the people that were shot. There is a picture on the Virginia Beach Pilot online of one of my friends covered in blood, from one of the other people I know that was shot. Don’t know if they made it or not but didn’t sound good for One of them. It seems so far away until you know some of the people that were shot. Don’t know what the answer is but we have to find a way to stop it.

Automatic weapons are banned for anyone without a tax stamp. Just like alcohol is banned for anyone under 21. Still causes way more deaths than guns. Auto, semi, single shot etc etc etc combined.

Has there been a shooting with an automatic weapon lately that I haven’t heard about?

Reactions: gogetem
@iceheart08 is a liberal loon who hates the constitution, someone must have beat him with a copy as young child. Poor guy can’t comprehend the 2nd amendment but sure loves to abuse it with the 1st. As a supposed attorney he lacks legal honesty in his own debates as words matter in legal documents. The constitution is clear and uses the word “People” in reference to the People’s right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed. So as a good lawyer, he should understand that in a legal document the word “People”, which is used more than once or a singular “person” which is plentiful should mean all citizens or people, lawyers live off consistency of language. Yeah but, he hates the Constitution so he argues against it..

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT