ADVERTISEMENT

OT: shooting in VA beach

12,000 gun homicides the US. Out of a population of 330 million, hardly an epidemic.

45,000 suicides, 70,000 drug overdoses, 480,000 cigarette deaths, 300,000 due to obesity....those are epidemics.

But of course, there isnt a good narrative behind those deaths. Can't ban drugs that are already banned, or cigarettes or Mcdonalds

I think blaming the victims is the wrong way to look at it. I go to this building for progress meetings, it is an open campus with a dozen buildings. We are supposed to have metal detectors where utility workers and admin people over water and sewer work? I just hope one of the people our company works closely with was not killed, she was shot apparently.

12,000 gun homicides the US. Out of a population of 330 million, hardly an epidemic.

45,000 suicides, 70,000 drug overdoses, 480,000 cigarette deaths, 300,000 due to obesity....those are epidemics.

But of course, there isnt a good narrative behind those deaths. Can't ban drugs that are already banned, or cigarettes or Mcdonalds

First thing...oh my what a tragedy in VA. We must absolutely do something but it isn’t the leftist agenda laden solutions.

Also, @Ron Munson, I must say...I love the short shorts posts and all...but...this is some sufficiently superior syllagistical sanity. In a World where it’s hard to find it.

We need to do something to fix the 12K, that’s not good at all, but the rest of the numbers scream for much more attention.

People who commit suicide, die from obesity or smoking are pulling the trigger themselves.

The majority of the 12,000 people who die from gun homicides didn’t have a choice (excluding thugs and gangbangers etc)

Apples and oranges.

Thank you, Ron!

Reactions: Ron Munson
We dont have a gun problem, we have a mental health problem. Shooter most likely was on antidepressants.

99% chance .... heavily medicated

this is why we passed an extreme risk protection order here in Colorado. IF its a mental health issue, upon a ruling by a judge, we can take the guns of dangerous people.

I’ve had guns my whole life but something needs to change. No idea what the answer is.
The Answer to the question, most wouldn't like.

Hint: It has to do with Culture Change of Kindness, Love, Justice and Responsibility.
Oh, and throw in stable 2 parent families....and you know, like dinner around the table with the entire family there and TALKING to one another....not texting.
Sure as hell it's not another law people can break or Government assistance.

So many versions of what could be, but only one answer.
The above are simply symptoms that the change would be taking place.
Sorta going back to the future.

Keep praying. We ain't gettin outa here alive.

And, its' only gonna get worse.

The Answer to the question, most wouldn't like.

Hint: It has to do with Culture Change of Kindness, Love, Justice and Responsibility.
Oh, and throw in stable 2 parent families....and you know, like dinner around the table with the entire family there and TALKING to one another....not texting.
Sure as hell it's not another law people can break or Government assistance.

So many versions of what could be, but only one answer.
The above are simply symptoms that the change would be taking place.
Sorta going back to the future.

Keep praying. We ain't gettin outa here alive.

And, its' only gonna get worse.

you think these senseless tragedies are happening because of single-parent families and texting? do you have ANY evidence of that at all? Vegas shooter? Single parent home? James Holmes? Single parent home?

Reactions: RJdent
you think these senseless tragedies are happening because of single-parent families and texting? do you have ANY evidence of that at all? Vegas shooter? Single parent home? James Holmes? Single parent home?
No.

And you exhibit much more intellect to not read the cryptic message more clearly.

We've lost our basic moral values in this country, in the name of progress, individual rights and mostly "what about ME!!!!??"

There is one moral Truth.
If everything is 'my truth' or 'how I see it"........this is what you get.

EDIT: "Your truth" and "My Truth" cannot exist side by side in a Society.
We can't BOTH be right.

Last edited:
No. They are basically a 6 shot automatic gun. The automatic guns are not the issue. The huge capacity magazines are an issue IMHO. A normal automatic rifle holds 5 shots at a time before you have to reload.
I apologize if you weren’t being a smart ass but yeah that’s definitely something there shouldn’t be unless you’re in Iraq fighting crazies

This is a false equivalence , I know it’s a go-to argument, but it’s flimsy at best.

How many of these murders have been committed with an “automatic weapon”? How many of them have come from weapons that were manufactured before 1986?

lol, are you for real gonna argue that folks should be able to carry automatic weapons? Im not worried about folks who went through a time-consuming process to own a VERY LARGE automatic weapon. I'm just stating a fact. they aren't "banned".

Reactions: Jayshaun494
People who commit suicide, die from obesity or smoking are pulling the trigger themselves.

The majority of the 12,000 people who die from gun homicides didn’t have a choice (excluding thugs and gangbangers etc)

Apples and oranges.

And the people who die at the hands of illegal immigrants would still be alive if we secured our border. However, the same people crying about gun laws want to do nothing about securing our border. It’s amazing that when 12,000 people die by guns, the answer is to confiscate. Yet when X number of people die from people who shouldn’t even be in this country, the answer is to open the borders even more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT