ADVERTISEMENT

RFK Would Have Won An Open Democratic Primary

Good post and I agree with most of what you said. Trump does have a core percentage of voters that will push him over the top in the nomination process … that the others do not have…. Like Bernie does.

In my earlier post though I mentioned the situation with Buttigieg… he was not a candidate that was polling badly and all of a sudden he drops out just to ‘help the cause’. He had won Iowa and finished a close second to Bernie in NH. If we are truly having a democratic process and letting the voters choose, there’s no rational reason that guy drops out other than the reasons I mentioned… that he was told to.

And don’t get me wrong … I’m glad when a moderate Dem is their nominee. I don’t want the far left lol. I don’t believe Biden is/was far left, I believe he was a clever enough of a politician to know that the Dem party has moved much farther left and he had to acquiesce to those people. I’m not sure the % of the party that is far left… I believe it may be higher now than the number you gave, but that’s my opinion.
With Pete, he dropped out after losing to Sanders in Nevada and getting absolutely crushed in SC to Biden, which is often an indicator for the Democratic primary. He was also polling around 10 or 11%. So disagree with your characterization there. But I do agree that you see people drop out early, but I just think it can happen for non-nefarious back room deal type things (like trying to consolidate the moderate vote). Don't read that I think all is hunky dory and clean in politics though to be fair. I'm sure backroom deals happen.

And I really don't know the % of the party that is far left, but I do know that on both sides, the fringe are the loudest, which makes it seem like the far left or far right are a larger percentage than they actually are. They are also the easiest to run against, so the other side likes to amplify it (again, both sides). Easier to run against the Green New Deal and Gun confiscation than common sense don't pollute and dump toxic waste and common sense gun law.

Reactions: firegiver and Dmk
I disagree with many of you.

I think RFK wins an open primary.
1) He is a moderate
2) The Name
3) Skilled Litigator

Momentum switches quickly in open primaries. Look at the Republican primary from 2016 when Trump came to power. If I recall, a Bush was in the primary and heavily favored, but it was Trumps ideas that people liked.

I think people would prefer Kennedy over Bidenomjcs. Bidenomics was so bad they made Joe quit.

I think RFK wins an open Democratic primary. But we will never know because Kamala was selected by the democratic elite.

Bro. This is a laughable assertion.

Reactions: Dungeon09
I hear ya … but #1 is why he wouldn’t have won an open primary. He’s considered a moderate, and this is Obama’s Dem party and it has moved WAY too far to the left for a moderate to win their nomination now. (A young Bill Clinton couldn’t win their nomination now) Kamala may not have won either but we will never know.
He thinks vaccines are fake. Thats not moderate take.

So i was just listening to an RFK jr interview where he: Says he knew and hung out with: OJ, Bill Cosby, Jeffery Epstein and Glen Maxwell (She was always very nice to me).

This is the guy who's gonna bust up the deep state. The child of a dynasty of politicians who grew up in the lap of the elite.

It's a lot easier to argue against a made up opinion of the other person than actually defend your own.
God forbid I argue about the thread topic.

RFK would have beaten Kamala and it wouldn’t have been close.

Kamala is a horrible candidate . Democrats were calling for her to be removed from the ticket for being a drag just months ago.

This will win lots of Moms over. We all know our food supply is shit and unhealthy. It was a topic that both sides of the aisle on this board agreed about earlier this year.

Huge America boner for Elon as efficiency leader and RFK to obliterate the deep state.

• Love
Reactions: TigerGrowls
This will win lots of Moms over. We all know our food supply is shit and unhealthy. It was a topic that both sides of the aisle on this board agreed about earlier this year.

Huge America boner for Elon as efficiency leader and RFK to obliterate the deep state.

Not sure RFKjr is the guy to do it, but we definitely need someone laser focused in improving our food supply, eliminating harmful ingredients/additives, educating people about diet and nutrition, etc. There should be a clear mission statement to get our obesity rate at least to European levels. Do those things and over time you fix a lot of issues with chronic disease, healthcare costs and Medicare budget.

Reactions: Dmk and TigerGrowls
God forbid I argue about the thread topic.

RFK would have beaten Kamala and it wouldn’t have been close.

Kamala is a horrible candidate . Democrats were calling for her to be removed from the ticket for being a drag just months ago.
Trump wouldn't have won the Democratic Primary and it wouldn't have been close. Democrats would've had him removed a long time ago for his tomfoolery. He's a horrible Democratic candidate. He would've easily lost and anyone that argues otherwise is really really dumb.

Trump wouldn't have won the Democratic Primary and it wouldn't have been close. Democrats would've had him removed a long time ago for his tomfoolery. He's a horrible Democratic candidate. He would've easily lost and anyone that argues otherwise is really really dumb.
I don't know. The Trump of today would obviously not win due to the brainwashing that has occurred over the last few years.

However, Trump is far from a traditional republican. He supports a lot of policies that would have been seen as democratic not that long ago. Many prominent Democrats praised Trump long ago.

I think Trump would have had a decent chance in the Democratic party back in the 80's / early 90's.

Not sure RFKjr is the guy to do it, but we definitely need someone laser focused in improving our food supply, eliminating harmful ingredients/additives, educating people about diet and nutrition, etc. There should be a clear mission statement to get our obesity rate at least to European levels. Do those things and over time you fix a lot of issues with chronic disease, healthcare costs and Medicare budget.

I'm just waiting for someone to acknowledge that Michelle Obama tried to do this and was ridiculed by Republicans once they saw the cost.

Wild.

I don't know. The Trump of today would obviously not win due to the brainwashing that has occurred over the last few years.

However, Trump is far from a traditional republican. He supports a lot of policies that would have been seen as democratic not that long ago. Many prominent Democrats praised Trump long ago.

I think Trump would have had a decent chance in the Democratic party back in the 80's / early 90's.

That was all before he started the insane Birther stuff. That absolutely eliminated him for any Democrats.

I'm just waiting for someone to acknowledge that Michelle Obama tried to do this and was ridiculed by Republicans once they saw the cost.

Wild.

Here's an area I'm on board with the dems. Bloomberg also wanted to limit supersize sodas and what not. CA banned red dye in foods.

I'd layer in higher insurance premiums and medicare surcharges for obese Amercians as further alignment in paying your fair share and incentive to take care of yourself. We need to aggressively attack this issue. It's a massive, massive problem and contributor to major political issues like the cost of healthcare, the sustainability of Medicare, etc.

Reactions: Dmk and yoshi121374

Right. Only the brainwashing. Perfect candidate otherwise.

Reactions: dpic73
Here's an area I'm on board with the dems. Bloomberg also wanted to limit supersize sodas and what not. CA banned red dye in foods.

I'd layer in higher insurance premiums and medicare surcharges for obese Amercians as further alignment in paying your fair share and incentive to take care of yourself. We need to aggressively attack this issue. It's a massive, massive problem and contributor to major political issues like the cost of healthcare, the sustainability of Medicare, etc.

I agree 100%. We are so very shortsighted when it comes to costs. Nobody wanted to invest in higher cost for school meals, but they are fine with paying ridiculous costs forever with diabetes drugs and treatments.

I am a firm believer that we are incredibly over medicated due to our poor health.

I've told this before,but 9 years ago when I left food service management at 40 I was 265lb at 5'9" tall. My BP was through the roof, and my A1C was 9.7. the Doctor wanted to put me on Metformin and BP meds. If I had done that I would still be taking those drugs nearly 10 years later, and probably for the rest of my life with all the side effects that comes with those.

Instead, I changed my diet primarily focusing on lower calories and correct portions. I started a hard core cardio workout program with rowing,treadmill, elliptical, and some lightweight band training. The last year we have mixed in hiking and backpacking. That has been huge for our happiness and mental health.

Today I'm 180 lbs, my BP is great, my A1C is not even in the prediabetes range and I feel great.

We have got to get our health in order. Our food supply and our concept of what and how much food we should eat is so out of whack.

Ftr, I don't blame the Doctors, I've knownn so many of my friends who just refuse to change and the pills are the only option for them. My Doctor constantly says he wishes others would just do what I did, but he knows that they just won't.

Nobody wants to pay the costs for our own citizens, yet we send hundreds of billions to Ukraine to defend their border while our own border is wide open. Not only Ukraine, we send billions upon billions to other countries.

I don't want to hear cost as an excuse until all of that sh!t is cut out first. Make America Great Again. Put America first.

I would like to think we could walk and chew gum at the same time, but we can't. The Democrats have lied to the public and left the government in disarray. There is no leader at the helm for the last two years and the current candidate is trying to claim she had nothing to do with it.

I, for one, would welcome giving RFK a shot. A prominent Democrat with a position in Trumps cabinet with a chance to make a real impact. Democrats do not like this.

I agree 100%. We are so very shortsighted when it comes to costs. Nobody wanted to invest in higher cost for school meals, but they are fine with paying ridiculous costs forever with diabetes drugs and treatments.

I am a firm believer that we are incredibly over medicated due to our poor health.

I've told this before,but 9 years ago when I left food service management at 40 I was 265lb at 5'9" tall. My BP was through the roof, and my A1C was 9.7. the Doctor wanted to put me on Metformin and BP meds. If I had done that I would still be taking those drugs nearly 10 years later, and probably for the rest of my life with all the side effects that comes with those.

Instead, I changed my diet primarily focusing on lower calories and correct portions. I started a hard core cardio workout program with rowing,treadmill, elliptical, and some lightweight band training. The last year we have mixed in hiking and backpacking. That has been huge for our happiness and mental health.

Today I'm 180 lbs, my BP is great, my A1C is not even in the prediabetes range and I feel great.

We have got to get our health in order. Our food supply and our concept of what and how much food we should eat is so out of whack.

Ftr, I don't blame the Doctors, I've knownn so many of my friends who just refuse to change and the pills are the only option for them. My Doctor constantly says he wishes others would just do what I did, but he knows that they just won't.
85 pounds is no joke

Nobody wants to pay the costs for our own citizens, yet we send hundreds of billions to Ukraine to defend their border while our own border is wide open. Not only Ukraine, we send billions upon billions to other countries.

I don't want to hear cost as an excuse until all of that sh!t is cut out first. Make America Great Again. Put America first.

I would like to think we could walk and chew gum at the same time, but we can't. The Democrats have lied to the public and left the government in disarray. There is no leader at the helm for the last two years and the current candidate is trying to claim she had nothing to do with it.

I, for one, would welcome giving RFK a shot. A prominent Democrat with a position in Trumps cabinet with a chance to make a real impact. Democrats do not like this.
"prominent Democrat"

Congrats on losing 85 lbs, that is quite an accomplishment. No troll. That takes some serious self discipline, good for you.

No homo

Reactions: yoshi121374
So is Kathleen and a lot of people think she's ruining Star Wars
He was such a nobody they had to maneuver to keep him off the ballot. The only thing I cant figure out is why they were worried when they were going to install Kamala all along?

Claude AI

Yes, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) engaged in efforts to challenge Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s (RFK Jr.) ballot access for the 2024 presidential election. Here's a summary based on the information available up to August 26, 2024:

• Legal Challenges and Complaints: The DNC filed a Federal Election Commission complaint against RFK Jr.'s campaign and a supporting super PAC, alleging illegal coordination aimed at getting him on state ballots. This action was based on claims that the super PAC's efforts to gather signatures for ballot access constituted an improper benefit to RFK Jr.'s campaign, potentially violating campaign finance laws.
  • Ballot Access Disputes: Democrats, including state Democratic parties and aligned groups, have initiated legal challenges in various states to block RFK Jr. from appearing on ballots. These challenges often focus on technicalities of ballot access laws, like the proper submission of signatures or the formation of new political parties by RFK Jr.'s campaign.
  • Public and Legal Discourse: RFK Jr. and his supporters have publicly criticized these efforts, likening them to undemocratic practices and suggesting that the DNC's actions are motivated by fear of his potential impact on the election. This has included comments comparing the situation to tactics used in less democratic regimes.
  • Strategic Moves by the DNC: Beyond legal challenges, there have been broader strategies by Democrats to counteract third-party or independent candidates like RFK Jr., which include mobilizing resources for legal efforts, public campaigns, and even mobile billboards to undermine his campaign at events.
  • Public Sentiment on X: Posts on X (formerly Twitter) reflect a sentiment among some users that the DNC's actions are an attempt to manipulate the electoral process by limiting voter choice, with some users drawing parallels to other instances of alleged election interference.

These efforts by the DNC illustrate a concerted strategy to legally challenge and potentially limit RFK Jr.'s ballot access, reflecting concerns within the Democratic Party about the impact of his independent candidacy on the 2024 election outcome.

He was such a nobody they had to maneuver to keep him off the ballot. The only thing I cant figure out is why they were worried when they were going to install Kamala all along?

Claude AI

Yes, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) engaged in efforts to challenge Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s (RFK Jr.) ballot access for the 2024 presidential election. Here's a summary based on the information available up to August 26, 2024:

• Legal Challenges and Complaints: The DNC filed a Federal Election Commission complaint against RFK Jr.'s campaign and a supporting super PAC, alleging illegal coordination aimed at getting him on state ballots. This action was based on claims that the super PAC's efforts to gather signatures for ballot access constituted an improper benefit to RFK Jr.'s campaign, potentially violating campaign finance laws.
  • Ballot Access Disputes: Democrats, including state Democratic parties and aligned groups, have initiated legal challenges in various states to block RFK Jr. from appearing on ballots. These challenges often focus on technicalities of ballot access laws, like the proper submission of signatures or the formation of new political parties by RFK Jr.'s campaign.
  • Public and Legal Discourse: RFK Jr. and his supporters have publicly criticized these efforts, likening them to undemocratic practices and suggesting that the DNC's actions are motivated by fear of his potential impact on the election. This has included comments comparing the situation to tactics used in less democratic regimes.
  • Strategic Moves by the DNC: Beyond legal challenges, there have been broader strategies by Democrats to counteract third-party or independent candidates like RFK Jr., which include mobilizing resources for legal efforts, public campaigns, and even mobile billboards to undermine his campaign at events.
  • Public Sentiment on X: Posts on X (formerly Twitter) reflect a sentiment among some users that the DNC's actions are an attempt to manipulate the electoral process by limiting voter choice, with some users drawing parallels to other instances of alleged election interference.

These efforts by the DNC illustrate a concerted strategy to legally challenge and potentially limit RFK Jr.'s ballot access, reflecting concerns within the Democratic Party about the impact of his independent candidacy on the 2024 election outcome.
Is Trump doing any legal challenges right now?

Claude AI

Hasn’t RFK jr spoken out against the censorship the Dems have employed in tandem with their far left buddies out in Silicon Valley? That’s probably your answer right there.

Same reason they demonize Elon Musk now.

Reactions: fatpiggy
No, he won his primary and everyone who deserved to be on the ballot was on the ballot.

How about Kamala, did she win her primary?

These efforts by the Trump Campaign illustrate a concerted strategy to legally challenge and potentially limit Harris campaign fund access, reflecting concerns within the campaign about the impact of her candidacy on the 2024 election outcome.

Also, she did not win the primary as the POTUS was still running, so when he dropped out, he was legally replaced by Harris who was part of his ticket and legally allowed to use his campaign war chest. While unusual, it followed the legal process setup, and if voters felt disenfranchised and like they weren't given a vote, they still have a chance to show their displeasure at the ballot box in November. And what is funny is that if the Republicans had almost any other candidate, this legitimately likely would be an issue that would work against them.

Reactions: yoshi121374

These efforts by the Trump Campaign illustrate a concerted strategy to legally challenge and potentially limit Harris campaign fund access, reflecting concerns within the campaign about the impact of her candidacy on the 2024 election outcome.

Also, she did not win the primary as the POTUS was still running, so when he dropped out, he was legally replaced by Harris who was part of his ticket and legally allowed to use his campaign war chest. While unusual, it followed the legal process setup, and if voters felt disenfranchised and like they weren't given a vote, they still have a chance to show their displeasure at the ballot box in November. And what is funny is that if the Republicans had almost any other candidate, this legitimately likely would be an issue that would work against them.
Do you think Harris hid Joes mental decline, or do you think he had sudden onset dementia?

So our problem is our socialized health care system?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT