ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS TO BITCH SLAP COLORADO SUPREME COURT

Again, it is because he does not fit your political views.

I know plenty of conservative republicans, there are even some on this board, who agree with what @dpic73 said.

They are embarrassed every time someone interviews people outside of a Trump rally. They know the stolen election narrative is BS and are embarrassed by it.

Reactions: dpic73
I know plenty of conservative republicans, there are even some on this board, who agree with what @dpic73 said.

They are embarrassed every time someone interviews people outside of a Trump rally. They know the stolen election narrative is BS and are embarrassed by it.
I have plenty of liberal friends who agree that Biden has not been a success.

i dont know why you seem so flabbergasted that someone would think the general public, at large, is stupid.

overwhelmingly, people everywhere ARE stupid. Myself included. This is not an american problem either. people are just stupid. and the internet has actually made it worse.
I don't believe that this is true at all. Most people are NOT stupid and simply keep their mouths shut on stuff they don't know about.

That being said there's never exactly been a SHORTAGE of stupid people either and unfortunately stupid folks seem to share a need to shout their opinions. The internet gives these folks a voice and a brief google search makes these folks think they are experts.

So what used to be a few folks that knew "Uncle Ben" was a bit kooky and loved to run his mouth in the back yard now becomes a large following of his fellow stupid folks on the internet.

Reactions: orangedreamweaver
I have plenty of liberal friends who agree that Biden has not been a success.

OK, that has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make, but thats fine.

I am not happy with the influx of migrants at the border. I believe, correctly, that constitutionally, it is the responsibility of Congress to do something about it. If you remember, both of the last two incoming speakers of the Republican-controlled house promised new border legislation on day one. Neither delivered.

Biden has implemented new asylum rules, which is about as far as his authority can take him. If he came out and said "the border is closed", then it would be shot down by the courts, much like his student loan authority forgiveness was. He does not have the authority to do that.

When trump shut down immigration - legal and illegal - it was a temporary response to COVID, AKA the flu on tiger illustrated.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
OK, that has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make, but thats fine.

I am not happy with the influx of migrants at the border. I believe, correctly, that constitutionally, it is the responsibility of Congress to do something about it. If you remember, both of the last two incoming speakers of the Republican-controlled house promised new border legislation on day one. Neither delivered.

Biden has implemented new asylum rules, which is about as far as his authority can take him. If he came out and said "the border is closed", then it would be shot down by the courts, much like his student loan authority forgiveness was. He does not have the authority to do that.

When trump shut down immigration - legal and illegal - it was a temporary response to COVID, AKA the flu on tiger illustrated.

we will agree to disagree. I will say that you are late to the game in saying that this has nothing to do with the point I was making-as several pages ago I was stating that you could not state that the Biden Presidency was a success which was stated by another poster. I also will state that you want to blame a Republican congress for the border and I will blame the administration/we will never agree on this. I hope you have a good day and wonderful 2024!

Reactions: fatpiggy
I don't believe that this is true at all. Most people are NOT stupid and simply keep their mouths shut on stuff they don't know about.

That being said there's never exactly been a SHORTAGE of stupid people either and unfortunately stupid folks seem to share a need to shout their opinions. The internet gives these folks a voice and a brief google search makes these folks think they are experts.

So what used to be a few folks that knew "Uncle Ben" was a bit kooky and loved to run his mouth in the back yard now becomes a large following of his fellow stupid folks on the internet.

The people who keep their mouths shut are the smart ones!

Maybe we disagree on what "stupid" means. I suppose, "terrible at decision making" is more accurate?

It's probably true. I'm no brainiac but it's astounding to me what Trump has revealed about a large portion of the population. Before he came along, I would never have imagined how easy it would be for a populist charlatan to fool so many people into believing abject lies. More than that, he's revealed how many of us are batshit crazy as well. It's pretty sad.
This. I too am amazed at how many seemingly educated, smart people I work with .....Engineers, Chemists, etc., that buy into the craziness and conspiracy theories. Really kinda scary.

The people who keep their mouths shut are the smart ones!

Maybe we disagree on what "stupid" means. I suppose, "terrible at decision making" is more accurate?
I can agree with this for sure.

My personal definition of stupid is based on standard IQ (to be fair I do believe in multiple intelligences... ie someone can be "book smart" but have no common sense or a prodigy in music that can't diagram a sentence).

The average IQ is 100 with a standard deviation of 15 points. So 68% of the human population falls in that normal intelligence range of 85 to 115. Another 28% (14% each) fall into the 70-85 or 115-130 range. In my informal measuring method, these folks are "not the sharpest tools in the shed" or "pretty smart" respectively. The 3rd standard deviation of 55-70 and 130-145 are "stupid"/"really smart" and represent about 4% (2% in each category) of people.

That's kind of the way I look at it and why I think that most folks aren't stupid. IMHO one of the greatest failings of folks in general is people (at any level of IQ) that THINK that they are smarter than they are and thinking others are dumber. And IMHO, there are a LOT of people at average intelligence that somehow think they are really smart.

It's important to realize that there's a huge difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance can be cured by education/learning, but stupid is forever.

Reactions: iceheart08
This. I too am amazed at how many seemingly educated, smart people I work with .....Engineers, Chemists, etc., that buy into the craziness and conspiracy theories. Really kinda scary.
I think it’s a lot of things. People (in general) have lost faith in the media (right or left). The curtain has been pulled back and folks understand that “news” is profitable and if you keep people angry and afraid, they will continually tune in or stay around through a commercial break.

This has left people searching for “knowledge”, but unfortunately humans are inherently tribal and therefore biased. We seek out “knowledge” that we agree with it and then present it as fact.

Stay with me a sec … as a Christian, I look at this quest for “knowledge” and I’m reminded of Genesis and the Garden of Eden. Metaphorical or actual … “this” is probably why God told Adam and Eve NOT to eat from that tree.

Reactions: WapPride
One of those Supreme Court justices has already ruled that a state has the right to do this and another should be required to recuse himself since his wife was a co-conspirator in the Insurrection. Of course we already know this is the most unethical Supreme Court in our history, so you're probably right about the way they will rule.

Hello @dpic73

All 9 SCOTUS justices ruled against the 7 democratic justices on the Colorado Supreme Court. I guess all 9 are unethical.

There was officially no insurrection.

A death blow to the lefts alternate reality.

The majority disagreed and that's what matters here. Of course, a decision this monumental is not one to be taken lightly and the court did their due diligence by listening to all the evidence on both sides before coming to this decision. This wasn't willy nilly, it was a long and deliberate process and they thoughfully wrote a 132 decision explaining how they came to that conclusion - which if we're honest is unnecessary because we all know that it's true, even though you don't like it. But don't cry too hard because we all know that the 6 pro-trump justices on the court will overturn it.

So they did their due diligence and took the decision seriously, but all 9 SCOTUS justices voted to overturn them? They Colorado justices should be replaced ASAP.

Reactions: Clemson Goat
So they did their due diligence and took the decision seriously, but all 9 SCOTUS justices voted to overturn them? They Colorado justices should be replaced ASAP.

This case was a no brainer. Hard to fathom some of the "logic" used in this thread. Glad it was 9-0. Sad that orange man is going to be the nominee. The left has lost its mind. Much of the right has lost its mind also. God help us!

Hello @dpic73

All 9 SCOTUS justices ruled against the 7 democratic justices on the Colorado Supreme Court. I guess all 9 are unethical.

There was officially no insurrection.

A death blow to the lefts alternate reality.
I don't think that's what that decision means. Trump has not been tried for insurrection, much less found guilty. THAT'S what the decision means, not that there's no insurrection, but rather that due process requires a guilty verdict before the law can be applied.

This case was a no brainer. Hard to fathom some of the "logic" used in this thread. Glad it was 9-0. Sad that orange man is going to be the nominee. The left has lost its mind. Much of the right has lost its mind also. God help us!
THIS!! The SCOTUS got it right for sure.

I don't think that's what that decision means. Trump has not been tried for insurrection, much less found guilty. THAT'S what the decision means, not that there's no insurrection, but rather that due process requires a guilty verdict before the law can be applied.
Then why did 7 colorado SUPREME court justices rule otherwise? It's not like they don't know about due process?

The left's narrative is in shambles.

Reactions: Clemson Goat
Then why did 7 colorado SUPREME court justices rule otherwise? It's not like they don't know about due process?

In my opinion, the Colorado Supreme Court got it wrong. Period. I'm sure that they had some sort of argument for it, but again in my opinion the issue is clear... If you are found guilty in court for Insurrection you can't hold office, if you aren't you can. It's that simple. Lower courts can f things up as well as anyone. That's why there's an appeal process. System working as intended.

I'm pretty sure most on here consider me part of the "left" even though I consider myself a moderate. This was always a stupid argument and Trump being on the ballot should never have been a problem. So I'm not sure what argument is in shambles since no one that isn't a left wing party hack even thought this was happening. There's also another case coming up that I expect the same result on... Trump's immunity. There's NO WAY a President has absolute immunity. It's laughable. I expect a 9-0 decision for that one as well.

Watching you try and understand the ruling has been beautiful. You're very much out of your depth - Hopefultiger is 100% accurate in his assessment.

Reactions: flotiger
In my opinion, the Colorado Supreme Court got it wrong. Period. I'm sure that they had some sort of argument for it, but again in my opinion the issue is clear... If you are found guilty in court for Insurrection you can't hold office, if you aren't you can. It's that simple. Lower courts can f things up as well as anyone. That's why there's an appeal process. System working as intended.

I'm pretty sure most on here consider me part of the "left" even though I consider myself a moderate. This was always a stupid argument and Trump being on the ballot should never have been a problem. So I'm not sure what argument is in shambles since no one that isn't a left wing party hack even thought this was happening. There's also another case coming up that I expect the same result on... Trump's immunity. There's NO WAY a President has absolute immunity. It's laughable. I expect a 9-0 decision for that one as well.

It just tells you that it was a political prosecution and no, I don't think that is how the system is supposed to work.

You have 7 highly partisan Democratic judges on the Colorado Supreme court that took a radical interpretation of the law to try and subvert democracy. They should be fired, voted out, or whatever it takes to hold them accountable.

You aren't going to get a 9-0 decision on immunity.

Hard to disagree with any of this. I agree with you on pretty much every point. I surmise we may disagree in that I believe calling what happened anything but a riot is utterly absurd. It was nothing close to an insurrection and the use of that term has been egregiously bad for our country. We just can't stop ourselves from being ridiculously hyperbolic about everything these days. It's a mania we need to get over fast and that goes for both sides. I am a conservative that has been pushed to the middle because of the morons in my sphere acting out just as badly as the people on the left in so many cases. It's crazy!

Reactions: hopefultiger13
Hard to disagree with any of this. I agree with you on pretty much every point. I surmise we may disagree in that I believe calling what happened anything but a riot is utterly absurd. It was nothing close to an insurrection and the use of that term has been egregiously bad for our country. We just can't stop ourselves from being ridiculously hyperbolic about everything these days. It's a mania we need to get over fast and that goes for both sides. I am a conservative that has been pushed to the middle because of the morons in my sphere acting out just as badly as the people on the left in so many cases. It's crazy!
I tend to agree, even with the insurrection part.

Did Trump want to disrupt things? You bet your ass he did. That was the LAST CHANCE for him to stay in office. His inaction on January 6 shows AT THE VERY LEAST... that he didn't do his job as Commander in Chief.

Were there some folks there with the intention to disrupt congress? You bet. There was evidence enough that some of these more organized groups planned on this (let's call it riot to use your term) in advance and looked to use it to disrupt congress and to keep Trump in office. When you have them planning this stuff in advance and them bringing weapons to DC, that's damn close to an insurrection and IMHO some of these folks crossed the line.

For the vast majority of Trump supporters at the capitol? Nope. IMHO, they were there to protest and shit got out of hand and they did some stuff that wasn't OK. That's the danger of a mob. So I'm OK with them getting a slap on the wrist and letting them go (which hasn't happened).

Reactions: Willence and CUT93
It just tells you that it was a political prosecution and no, I don't think that is how the system is supposed to work.

You have 7 highly partisan Democratic judges on the Colorado Supreme court that took a radical interpretation of the law to try and subvert democracy. They should be fired, voted out, or whatever it takes to hold them accountable.

I know that trying to explain to you how courts work is a lost cause, but you should just know that everything you think you know about how this worked is obviously wrong.

Trial court: trump committed insurrection and should be barred under the Constitution from appearing on the ballot.

Colorado supreme Court: sure. But let's let the supreme court decise.

Us Supreme court: states can't bar candidates from the ballot under the insurrection clause.

Maga loonies: get them all!!!

Being right still does NOT make the war against American Democracy any better

I can just take a few moments to enjoy the bitch slapping but there are more Democratic Demons escaping from Hell trying to destroy democracy

That in itself is a travesty We have to keep fighting

I was watching the Colorado Sec Of State

Dam that woman looked like she was demonically possessed

She had to be high or in a mental derangement

Maybe not 9-0 because of the liberal three but the President whether Democrat or Republican or otherwise needs a shield of immunity like police have or had at one time

Presidents make decisons that hurt the innocent and reward the bad sometimes for the greater good

Having some immunity subject to review is reasonable but the problem with that is partisan politics must stay out of that loss of immunity

Trump is the poster boy for the worse in American Politics

making up laws to attack Trump has left a crap stain on America

The Democrats OWN THIS DISASTER and need to walk it back now

Maybe not 9-0 because of the liberal three but the President whether Democrat or Republican or otherwise needs a shield of immunity like police have or had at one time

Presidents make decisons that hurt the innocent and reward the bad sometimes for the greater good

Having some immunity subject to review is reasonable but the problem with that is partisan politics must stay out of that loss of immunity

Trump is the poster boy for the worse in American Politics

making up laws to attack Trump has left a crap stain on America

The Democrats OWN THIS DISASTER and need to walk it back now

I agree there has to be some shield of immunity.

Otherwise Joe Biden AND Barack Obama will be arrested during Trumps 2nd term. The arresting politicians can of worms has been opened.

Trump will Pardon himself and then Biden and Obama, shit maybe even Clinton ant this point, end up on trial.

Reactions: CUTiger1977

Lololol. Nobody thought the supreme Court was going to keep him off the ballot. My point remains, you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about about.

The decision had nothing to do with free speech or due process.

Y

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT