ADVERTISEMENT

This Republican Congress is a shit show

O does little dpic73 not like impeachment anymore? Does little nicolle wallace not like impeachment anymore?
pittsburgh-steelers.gif

yah their act is tired. But their followers fall for it.
It's like they're trying their hardest to lose their majority with their dysfunction and singular focus on getting revenge for Trump. They lied about their priorities to get elected and now they've decided that doing nothing helpful for the American people is a winning recipe. I suspect they'll learn a tough lesson in 2024.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Not much to say that won’t piss me off. I hate both sides guy but I’ll be both sides guy here. It would be excellent if Congress would do their fvcking jobs. Legislate. The farce that we had to endure from dems under trump was a colossal waste of time and money. And, unless someone comes up with more and better evidence than I’ve seen thus far, this too will be a sideshow. There are more important things to deal with. Instead, congress has become the marketing arms of the two parties and a poster child for partisan posturing, impotence, gridlock, and general uselessness.

Not much to say that won’t piss me off. I hate both sides guy but I’ll be both sides guy here. It would be excellent if Congress would do their fvcking jobs. Legislate. The farce that we had to endure from dems under trump was a colossal waste of time and money. And, unless someone comes up with more and better evidence than I’ve seen thus far, this too will be a sideshow. There are more important things to deal with. Instead, congress has become the marketing arms of the two parties and a poster child for partisan posturing, impotence, gridlock, and general uselessness.
I can agree with you to a point because I'm not a fan of the far-left faction in Congress and disagree with their priorities but I disagree that the impeachment proceedings of Trump were a farce because he committed his crimes in the open and if not held accountable, he would just get worse and set a precedence for future Presidents. In other words, his impeachments could be justified, they're impeaching Biden simply to find out if he should be impeached - big difference. It's a bunch of performative nonsense to appease Trump so he can say Biden is as bad or worse than he is.

I can agree with you to a point because I'm not a fan of the far-left faction in Congress and disagree with their priorities but I disagree that the impeachment proceedings of Trump were a farce because he committed his crimes in the open and if not held accountable, he would just get worse and set a precedence for future Presidents. In other words, his impeachments could be justified, they're impeaching Biden simply to find out if he should be impeached - big difference. It's a bunch of performative nonsense to appease Trump so he can say Biden is as bad or worse than he is.
False equivalences are one hell of a drug

I will agree that if trump had handled things professionally and presidentially, things would have been different for him. I also think there is a separate discussion to be had about how he was targeted/treated…..and to what extent his behavior and handling of that exacerbated issues. I don’t think what trump did was worthy of an impeachment that reached sideshow/shitstorm levels that it did. Again though, it probably goes differently if he had handled it presidentially from the very beginning.

I’d also say this, IF concrete and overwhelming evidence can be produced that Biden used influence to enrich himself, then im fine with impeachment moving forward. I don’t think that level of evidentiary proof has been produced yet. I also think the disorganized mess that is the Republican Party currently is I’ll prepared to initiate those proceedings and fear they would devolve into another sham/shitshow.

The country doesn’t need that. Frankly, the country needs to get past these two. It’s embarrassing that the 2 leading presidential candidates are basically 80 year olds riddled with controversy who can’t project what the office should project. That’s a digression, but the short version is, it would be awesome to see Congress become a less partisan, more professional, and more productive entity. Weaponizing impeachment and amplifying partisanship is not what they’ve been elected to do. It’d be awesome if we could get back to actually legislating. The country needs that.

I will agree that if trump had handled things professionally and presidentially, things would have been different for him. I also think there is a separate discussion to be had about how he was targeted/treated…..and to what extent his behavior and handling of that exacerbated issues. I don’t think what trump did was worthy of an impeachment that reached sideshow/shitstorm levels that it did. Again though, it probably goes differently if he had handled it presidentially from the very beginning.

I’d also say this, IF concrete and overwhelming evidence can be produced that Biden used influence to enrich himself, then im fine with impeachment moving forward. I don’t think that level of evidentiary proof has been produced yet. I also think the disorganized mess that is the Republican Party currently is I’ll prepared to initiate those proceedings and fear they would devolve into another sham/shitshow.

The country doesn’t need that. Frankly, the country needs to get past these two. It’s embarrassing that the 2 leading presidential candidates are basically 80 year olds riddled with controversy who can’t project what the office should project. That’s a digression, but the short version is, it would be awesome to see Congress become a less partisan, more professional, and more productive entity. Weaponizing impeachment and amplifying partisanship is not what they’ve been elected to do. It’d be awesome if we could get back to actually legislating. The country needs that.
Not much I can disagree with here - especially the last two paragraphs. 👍

Reactions: BionicTiger
Simply the truth.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
You hypocrites are so fun to screw with.

https://www.westernjournal.com/dem-..._campaign=dailypm&utm_content=western-journal

I kind of admire your devotion to stupidity but it's also sort of weird to being creepy.
Wow! She literally checks all of the boxes of a democratic candidate and then takes it to another level. She probably got enough tokens to get her elected in VA. Somehow it’s a republican sex crime? Seems like stupid is the new norm. God help us all!

Oh no, a married woman was having sex with her husband on a private cam site. The horror!!!
He's too stupid to realize that my post didn't have a damn thing to do with Boebert's sex life but thought he could own me with a story about a democrat having sex on a webcam site - derp.

• Haha
Reactions: Cabotiger

Basically, the country continues to send the Hatfields and McCoys to Washington.

I've said for years: we'll get what we get until we demand something different.

Reactions: Cabotiger
Look for Biden to pardon himself.
He won't need to because they won't find that he did anything criminal, but that won't matter to 40% of the country who only have to hear allegations to form their opinions. That's why Trump has been so effective with the herd - he repeats lies over and over again until they become fact in MAGA minds

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT